Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 18th September 2012, 14:32   #151
v&v
Senior - BHPian
 
v&v's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Delhi
Posts: 1,538
Thanked: 1,068 Times
Default Re: Skoda Octavia vRS - 12/2004 - Diamond Grey - Update @ 46500 kms

IMO Castrol is approved under vw 502.00 spec. Even i have read it in their technical bulletin. Buy the way what was the Oil Spec ?
v&v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2012, 14:17   #152
v&v
Senior - BHPian
 
v&v's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Delhi
Posts: 1,538
Thanked: 1,068 Times
Default Re: Skoda Octavia vRS - 12/2004 - Diamond Grey - Update @ 46500 kms

Need to change tyres. (Rear ones). Front is Yoko S Drive. Now its not available due to ISI issue. Next alternative is Yoko AR01 which is almost at par with S drive.

Has any used AR01 ? How to they perform ?



By the way another update on my VRs.
Changed the Timing Belt. Done at FNG where my RS goes for regular services.
Water pump was healthy and no need to change. Completely flushed the coolant and switched to 100% coolant. As per him, it increase the life of water pump.

Parts Changed
Timing Kit : 8k
Timing belt tensioner damper @ 5k
Coolant : 3.2 Liters @ 200 per bottle.
S/c - 2.5k
Time taken : 3 hrs, 3 guys worked on it.


Observation : My timing belt and tensioner were OK. The damper had developed leak.

Some shots i of the work.

Name:  20121011_110244.jpg
Views: 4901
Size:  71.0 KB


Name:  20121011_113945.jpg
Views: 1723
Size:  59.0 KB

Damper
Name:  20121011_114002.jpg
Views: 1943
Size:  55.9 KB

Last edited by v&v : 15th October 2012 at 14:19.
v&v is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2012, 06:34   #153
BHPian
 
Motoringlover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 396
Thanked: 179 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by v&v
Need to change tyres. (Rear ones). Front is Yoko S Drive. Now its not available due to ISI issue. Next alternative is Yoko AR01 which is almost at par with S drive.

Has any used AR01 ? How to they perform ?

Hi V - I have them on my RS - I have no complaints so far, this was the second set the earlier owner had bought, but I hardly do aggressive cornering, from whatever limited experience I have I found them good. I believe they go by the name A- drives.

Best - ML
Motoringlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2012, 18:43   #154
v&v
Senior - BHPian
 
v&v's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Delhi
Posts: 1,538
Thanked: 1,068 Times
Default Re: Skoda Octavia vRS - 12/2004 - Diamond Grey - Update @ 46500 kms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motoringlover View Post
Hi V - I have them on my RS - I have no complaints so far, this was the second set the earlier owner had bought, but I hardly do aggressive cornering, from whatever limited experience I have I found them good. I believe they go by the name A- drives.

Best - ML
Thanks ML. I was looking for Yoko S drive as existing 2 are in good shape. The other 2 are Dunlop which needs change. Still can live through another 10k.

Even yoko website too puts Adrive-R1 just below S-Drive. Will try to source Sdrive otherwise will go for A-R1.
v&v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2012, 12:41   #155
BHPian
 
rxpaul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 338
Thanked: 99 Times
Default Re: Skoda Octavia vRS - 12/2004 - Diamond Grey - Update @ 46500 kms

Quote:
Originally Posted by v&v View Post
@ML check if the pollen filter is properly fitted/slotted and also get the plenum chamber cleaned. Well i too park in open, but i do get a air wash of engine and plenum chamber once a month.
My Tpi's plenum chamber seems to be always full of dust and leafs. Short of air blowing it, is there a way to remove the wipers, take out the plastic cover and clean it ? The edge where the plastic cover meets the windscreen is rubber sleeved and seems quite loose.
rxpaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2012, 12:56   #156
v&v
Senior - BHPian
 
v&v's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Delhi
Posts: 1,538
Thanked: 1,068 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rxpaul

My Tpi's plenum chamber seems to be always full of dust and leafs. Short of air blowing it, is there a way to remove the wipers, take out the plastic cover and clean it ? The edge where the plastic cover meets the windscreen is rubber sleeved and seems quite loose.
Yes , the cover can be removed after removing the wipers. Its better to get it done at A.S.S or FNG. The covers seems to be very brittle.
v&v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2012, 13:20   #157
Team-BHP Support
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 11,883
Thanked: 9,697 Times
Default Re: Skoda Octavia vRS - 12/2004 - Diamond Grey - Update @ 46500 kms

Quote:
Originally Posted by rxpaul View Post
My Tpi's plenum chamber seems to be always full of dust and leafs. Short of air blowing it, is there a way to remove the wipers, take out the plastic cover and clean it ? The edge where the plastic cover meets the windscreen is rubber sleeved and seems quite loose.
It can be removed, it is the access point for renewing the cabin pollen filter
ajmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2012, 20:40   #158
BHPian
 
Motoringlover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 396
Thanked: 179 Times
Default Re: Skoda Octavia vRS - 12/2004 - Diamond Grey - Update @ 46500 kms

Hi Vinod - Any thoughts on when the brake discs need to replaced [Typical Mileage], i have lately felt the bite reducing on the RS, I was told the last time i went to FNG that my rear discs are on the way out, do you have any thoughts on this ?

Thanks - ML
Motoringlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2012, 20:50   #159
v&v
Senior - BHPian
 
v&v's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Delhi
Posts: 1,538
Thanked: 1,068 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motoringlover
Hi Vinod - Any thoughts on when the brake discs need to replaced [Typical Mileage], i have lately felt the bite reducing on the RS, I was told the last time i went to FNG that my rear discs are on the way out, do you have any thoughts on this ?

Thanks - ML
ML , Visual inspection should tell u the condition of pads. IMO more bite comes from the front.

Checkout that too. Some time cleaning or a wash can do the trick.

Cheers
v&v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2012, 11:59   #160
v&v
Senior - BHPian
 
v&v's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Delhi
Posts: 1,538
Thanked: 1,068 Times
Default Re: Skoda Octavia vRS - 12/2004 - Diamond Grey - Update @ 46500 kms

Some running update.

Changed the front tyres to Yoko S drive : 205 - 50 - 16. Yoko S drives were not available. Reliance autozone Grg arranged it. Costed Rs 17k.

Post timing belt change running is smooth as usual. Went for a quick trip to Mathura. First time RS on Yamuna expressway. Ride was awesome.


Skoda Octavia vRS - 12/2004 - Diamond Grey - Update @ 54000 kms-skoda2-medium.jpg

Skoda Octavia vRS - 12/2004 - Diamond Grey - Update @ 54000 kms-skoda1-medium.jpg

Last edited by v&v : 14th December 2012 at 12:01.
v&v is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2012, 12:25   #161
BHPian
 
Motoringlover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 396
Thanked: 179 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by v&v
Some running update.

Changed the front tyres to Yoko S drive : 205 - 50 - 16. Yoko S drives were not available. Reliance autozone Grg arranged it. Costed Rs 17k.

Post timing belt change running is smooth as usual. Went for a quick trip to Mathura. First time RS on Yamuna expressway. Ride was awesome.
Stock size for the VRS is perfect. I don't think for our daily use we need anything wider. I am heading back to Delhi. Will catch up in person.

She is looking gorgeous in the picture. Somehow I can never get over the lowered stance of the older octy.

Best- ML.
Motoringlover is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2013, 15:24   #162
BHPian
 
Motoringlover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 396
Thanked: 179 Times
Default

Hi V&V - I have moved back to Gurgaon - could you please share the details on the location you use to service the car, I might be needing a replacement of brake discs, want to get a quote from an independent garage first.

Thanks - ML.
Motoringlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2013, 16:44   #163
BHPian
 
Ardy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 613
Thanked: 86 Times
Default Re: Skoda Octavia vRS - 12/2004 - Diamond Grey - Update @ 46500 kms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motoringlover View Post
Hi V&V - I have moved back to Gurgaon - could you please share the details on the location you use to service the car, I might be needing a replacement of brake discs, want to get a quote from an independent garage first.

Thanks - ML.
Dude,

I have a set of front discs with me which I used for about 20K km before upgrading. Let me know if its gonna be of use to you.

Cheers,
Ardy
Ardy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2013, 17:14   #164
BHPian
 
Motoringlover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 396
Thanked: 179 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardy

Dude,

I have a set of front discs with me which I used for about 20K km before upgrading. Let me know if its gonna be of use to you.

Cheers,
Ardy
Thanks Ardy - will pick it up mate.

Best - ML

Last edited by Motoringlover : 27th January 2013 at 17:32.
Motoringlover is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2013, 20:39   #165
v&v
Senior - BHPian
 
v&v's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Delhi
Posts: 1,538
Thanked: 1,068 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motoringlover
Hi V&V - I have moved back to Gurgaon - could you please share the details on the location you use to service the car, I might be needing a replacement of brake discs, want to get a quote from an independent garage first.

Thanks - ML.
Thats great. Lets meetup on a weekend. I will PM you the contact.
v&v is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dream Come True. The Skoda Octavia vRS!! Update: 59,712 kms HAFI Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 76 13th September 2014 23:07
Mahindra Xylo - 54000 Kms - Engine Issues!!! cinnypt Technical Stuff 71 9th July 2013 18:47
Throttle body change @ 54000 kms namit Technical Stuff 16 25th February 2013 18:20
Advice required - Skoda Octavia RS 1.8 Turbo - Bought - Diamond Grey/2004 v&v Sedans 22 19th August 2010 09:15
Skoda Octavia vRs - Laal Pari - 10000km update abhinav.gupta88 Long-Term Ownership Reviews 14 4th May 2009 17:26


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 07:14.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks