Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 21st September 2010, 08:27   #1
BHPian

Default MJD completes 2 yrs and 27,000kms

Hi,
I bought my first car, the black MJD in Jun-2008. Have clocked 27k since and enjoyed a lot of highway drives with my friends. Here are my experiences-
1. Excellent car for the money you spend. Fantastic ride quality and a highway cruiser. Convenient to use in city traffic too. My friends are all praise for it but they still shy away from Fiat due to A.S.S
2. The A.S.S is better but still there is a lot of room for improvement. First thing which comes to mind is parts availability and shipping. My parts replacement was heavily delayed and I had to call many numbers before anything happened.
3. The mileage is amazing, I get around 18kmpl in city ( I don't use a/c) and about 23 on highways.
4. The clutch is having some problem but working as of now, this issue I believe has been the bane of Palios.
5. The car is very sturdy and can take on bad roads like eating cucumber.
6. The handling and steering feedback is lovely and the engine is damn smooth.
7. The bumpers are a little softer than required because of which I had to replace a tail lamp twice in two years. So far no engine or electrical problems but the starter motor went kaput and had to be replaced under warranty.

Got my second paid service done recently at Concorde, Mysore Road. They do a good job but there are still parts issues from Fiat.

I used to go green when I saw other newer cars but as I drove more and more of my car I got to understand her little quirks like an old friend and you develop a bond which gives you an inner comfort each time you drive. I wish to run this car for 100,000kms at least provided no major problems show up.
zaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2010, 08:54   #2
BHPian

Congrats zaks.. As we all know FIAT has its own problems but driving this car will make you forget all that. Have many more miles with your italian beauty.
arunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2010, 09:29   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Good stuff - the only pity is that you're not really using a diesel the way it should be ... high mileage
phamilyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2010, 01:21   #4
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on finishing two years. Could you please let me know what else was changed (for which you had to wait) apart from the starter motor?

I have done 50,000 km in an ownership longer than you by just 2 months. I have a part replacement list too (but most of it under warranty). Parts wait has been maximum one week in two cases and zero in others.
architect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2010, 09:27   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by architect View Post
Congratulations on finishing two years. Could you please let me know what else was changed (for which you had to wait) apart from the starter motor?
The starter motor wait was longest and took 3 weeks, lost one of my keys for which I had to wait 2 months, that apart in the last service they should have replaced the clutch master cyl but deferred due to no stock.

Quote:
I have done 50,000 km in an ownership longer than you by just 2 months. I have a part replacement list too (but most of it under warranty). Parts wait has been maximum one week in two cases and zero in others.
Yeah the miles are a little low for a D but that's because I haven't been able to go out on long drives for last 8 months.
zaks is offline   Reply With Quote