Team-BHP - Braveheart's Toyota Innova VX completed 25000 kms.
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Long-Term Ownership Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-term-ownership-reviews/)
-   -   Braveheart's Toyota Innova VX completed 25000 kms. (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-term-ownership-reviews/89522-bravehearts-toyota-innova-vx-completed-25000-kms.html)

Dear Friends

My Innova has covered 25000 kms in exactly one year.
I must say that i'm completely satisfied with vehicle.

The accessories installed are:
1. Ipod Interface bought for Rs.3300/-
2.Fabric seat covers identical to the original fabric bought for Rs.2600/-
3.Got tyres swapped to Michelin's Primacy LC 225/60 R 15 when the vehicle was new.

In future would love to go for leather seat covers if they can be installed like OE seat covers.

I'm satisfied with the service provided by the local Toyota dealership.
Got the 25k service at a cost of Rs.3100/- which included change of engine oil,filters,rear wiper blade and some misc. nuts.

The 7 seater VX is very comfortable for the passengers whether it's driven in town or highways.
I always get consistent 12 kmpl in local driving conditions with 100% air condition switched on.
The factory fitted music system is good enough for my hearing needs.

Though I don't find any flaws in the vehicle would really appreciate if the Toyota guys launch an Auto version of Innova in the near future.
Any questions or queries by fellow bhpians is always welcome.
Will post latest pictures soon.

Regards
Braveheart

Congrats Barveheart.... you have miles and miles to go in your innova. The change of tyres was a wise move... not that the GT3 goodyears are bad though, they take a lot of beating too

You must try the green cotton filter now. You would not regret :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by braveheart_77 (Post 2083339)
Dear Friends

The accessories installed are:
2.Fabric seat covers identical to the original fabric bought for Rs.2600/-
3.Got tyres swapped to Michelin's Primacy LC 225/60 R 15 when the vehicle was new.

Regards
Braveheart

I have been hunting for a fabric seat cover identical to the original. The originals look too good. Finally I settled for a art leather one for 5K, which doesnt look half good. But I didnt have a choice. I dont know where to get OEM looking fabric ones at bangalore. Tried several shops, unsuccessfully . I'm still willing to change it if I found one with OEM looks.

I changed the original Bridgestone with Yoko C Drive 225/60 R15

Quote:

My Innova has covered 25000 kms in exactly one year.

Congratulations Braveheart. 25k kms in one year is no mean feat. You have done some serious running. Wishing you many more miles with this car.

I'd be interested to see how much you've spent on this car for maintenance for the whole year. Can you share?
Quote:

Some questions on this interface
1. Can you scroll through the songs list from your HU and select one?
2. Does this interface also charge your Ipod?
3. Does this connect to the aux port on your HU?

hi
@thenomad,i'm travelling right now...but was very keen to check teambhp.com,will update about maintenance when i get back in a couple of days.

About the ipod interface its's a great gadget.You can scroll through playlist,charge your ipod and it connects to the back of OEM music system and also operate from the steering mounted remote control.

Many hearty congratulations braveheart,
The Innova is indeed an excellent people mover, and I wish you many more trouble free miles with her.

We have an Innova in our family as well, which is our trusted companion when we go on long highway trips, as the comfort is simply excellent!!

Regarding the query about the seat covers, why dont you check at the TASS? If they don't do seat covers themselves, they might recommend someplace where you can get them. However, be warned, the TASS might collect exorbitant labour charges if you get it done there.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Speed.Demon (Post 2425894)
Regarding the query about the seat covers, why dont you check at the TASS? If they don't do seat covers themselves, they might recommend someplace where you can get them. However, be warned, the TASS might collect exorbitant labour charges if you get it done there.

I checked at Nandi toyota (BLR) and also Nippon Toyota (Thrissur) for fabric seat covers. They hardly had 2 pieces, and not at all interesting.

Finally got the art leather one from Falcon, Ernakulam. Since I couldnt go there, didnt check about fabric stuff. If you find something similar to OEM, do let me know. Thanks!