| || ||Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|12th October 2010, 12:38||#1|
Join Date: Mar 2007
Hyundai Verna Petrol 1.6Xi - 30000km report
Hi. This is my 1st Long Term Ownership report. So pls do forgive if it lacks in technical details.. Am a car enthusiast but am not very technical knowledge is quite limited ;-)
Therefore, this is purely a driver's version of the Car through after 2.5 years. I have had a Accent for 4 years before and didnt face too many issue except to change the unit for power window control (it conked after 3 years) and the exhaust tail pipe section (which developed a hole).
- Looks good
- Comfortable Drive in the city
- No tech trouble during the last 2.5 years in the major parts.
- Dependable during long drives
- Cabin in quite, comfy and looks good.
- Maybe its just my car, but the quality of the smaller parts is quite suspect. Example, about 8 months back, my passenger side A/C vent wouldnt shut. Seems the little plastic controller in back was broken and you cant just replace that (Would have probably cost Rs.20 if available). The unit was changed for Rs.2500! 6 months later, same thing happened on the driver side ;-( Was shocked when we opened up the unit (where the CD player goes) and saw the inside of the A/C vent. It was a little plactic arm and for this they had to change the entire unit. Just opened the vent manually and asked them to fit the unit back. Cant shut the vent now but havent spent 2.5k either!
- The front seats creak. Yes, they sound like a door creaking open in a horror movie. This is been there for over 18 months now and have complained mamy times to Hyundai service. God know what they do but when you take it back from service, its not there for a few hours. Then its back. Still there today and will complain again tomorrow as I am going in for service
- There is a little knick-knack box just above the cigarette lighter. The handle (which was just a clip on) broke and same story. (Change the entire door as we dont get just the clip on handle)
- Now, after last service, the clutch also creaks every time you press it. Also, lo and behold there is no play in the lever to open the fuel lid. You have to tug and tug and its like a peice of lead now. Will complain on both in tomorrows service.
- Other than this, the other niggles include less than great breaking especially in highway and the head lights suck. You cant see much on highways in the night when any vehicle comes opp, sometimes even a two wheeler. The power of the head lamps are good when there in no other vehicle coming opposite..
To cut the long story short. the car is good but the niggles will exasperate you. The issues are thankfully not on the major parts like steering or engine etc but compared to their earlier cars, this one has got lots of small issues in the build quality of the plastic parts used as well as things like creaking seats and not so great service centre where issues are not fully resolved.
Thanks for reading.
P.S: We also own a Getz where again its the niggles that irrate the heck out of you. There is a constant rattling in the rear door behind driver. But the service centre guys cant hear and when they do, they blame it on the plank on which the rear speakres are fixed (the plack is held down by double side tape now but we still have to live with the rattle rattle. Is Hyundai losing out in interior build quality??
Last edited by GTO : 13th October 2010 at 10:42. Reason: Removing FONT Tags. Please do NOT cut-copy-paste text from other word softwares. It results in a formatting error.
|The following BHPian Thanks victor0012 for this useful post:|
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|'05 Maruti WagonR Primea Ownership Review, 30000km (with pictures)||DNM||Long-Term Ownership Reviews||4||27th January 2011 09:42|
|Tata Indigo TDi - 22000 kms EDIT 30000km update||lalith_ka||Long-Term Ownership Reviews||22||28th March 2008 11:18|
|santro (Nov 2004) crank shaft failure at 30000km||msvilkhoo||Technical Stuff||15||11th March 2008 23:02|
|Verna 1.6xi @ 2000Km||ashwin390||Long-Term Ownership Reviews||25||1st January 2008 06:15|