Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10th March 2013, 09:51   #16
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 117
Thanked: 32 Times
Post re: White VW Vento Highline TDI: 61,000 kms / 4th service report

Hi Friends,

I got my third service done(ODO : 45500) this weekend at B.U.Bhandari(Pune) and the total servicing cost was 9211 this time. I had paid 8200(15000 kms) and 8750(30000 kms) in the last two services.

No faults were detected(including underbody check) and no replacements done except for the filters and oil change as per the BAU jobs for this service.

Key updates to the car -
1- brake pads changed at 39k
2- stock tyres replaced at 42k with 195/60/R15 Bridgestone Sporty MY02
3- car default stereo upgraded to latest version
4- stock headlights upgraded to pure white light(6000k) with projectors

Details for items 3 and 4 are available on the below post with pictures(Post #5811) :
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...eview-388.html (Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review)

Driving experience and FE -
Driving experience has been drastically improved at high speeds with the tyre upgrade and also the road noise that used to come inside cabin is reduced to a fair extent. Overall a much better controlled machine now. White lights upgrade gives immense clarity while night driving now and also looks beautiful. FE has dropped by around 2 kms post tyre upgrade as per the indicated number in console(may be % ODO error as adviced by few of you).

Happy Driving,
Nikesh
nikesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2013, 18:11   #17
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Pune
Posts: 46
Thanked: 9 Times
Default re: White VW Vento Highline TDI: 61,000 kms / 4th service report

any particular reason why you chose B.U Bhandari for service when you bought the car from Vidyut Motors? I have a Jetta that i bought from Vidyut and would like to know if i should be going to B.U. Bhandari as well when my car is up for a service?
'AL' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2013, 00:05   #18
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 117
Thanked: 32 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'AL' View Post
any particular reason why you chose B.U Bhandari for service when you bought the car from Vidyut Motors? I have a Jetta that i bought from Vidyut and would like to know if i should be going to B.U. Bhandari as well when my car is up for a service?
Yes you have guessed right. The quality of service is much much better at BU Bhandari. I have been staying a workshop on all of my services at most occasions till date and watching the, complete their prescribed jobs. I have found their levels of efforts and quality is very good and professional. I will surely recommend them over any other dealer in pune. Mr. Anil kamble is one of the best advisors they have and if possible try getting the car inspected and taken through him. Its in safe hands!
nikesh is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2013, 14:38   #19
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 117
Thanked: 32 Times
Default

Completed the fourth service for my Vento last weekend(61000 ODO) and the servicing cost was Rs.9908. No damages or, part replacements except fuel filter, engine oil and standard service list checks. Service advisor advised that the Brake pads are again due replacement in next 3000 Kms. Original ones lasted 39k but don't want to stretch that far this time. All shockers, suspension and clutch in healthy state.
nikesh is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2013, 17:46   #20
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Chennai
Posts: 703
Thanked: 46 Times
Default re: White VW Vento Highline TDI: 61,000 kms / 4th service report

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikesh View Post
2- stock tyres replaced at 42k with 195/60/R15 Bridgestone Sporty MY02
3- car default stereo upgraded to latest version
Hi Nikesh,

How much did it cost to upgrade to latest OEM Stereo unit?
How is the experience of the 195/60 tires, some have complained it is not a good upgrade and 205/55 are better! Please give a detailed feedback on this one please.
LandCruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2013, 17:55   #21
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 117
Thanked: 32 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandCruiser View Post
Hi Nikesh, How much did it cost to upgrade to latest OEM Stereo unit? How is the experience of the 195/60 tires, some have complained it is not a good upgrade and 205/55 are better! Please give a detailed feedback on this one please.
OEM stereo unit was for 17000 which i got through one of my known friend in Pune. The showroom cost for this one was 29000 after negotiations. I am pretty satisfied with the MY02 upgrade to 195. Significant reduction on road noise as compared to stock apollo tyres and better road grip at high speeds and slippery surfaces. I have driven to north india as well as south india this year on different trips and the tyres have given me absolute confidence at corners and also on sudden breaking. I have been doing tyre rotation every 5000 kms post this upgrade and they seem to be in good condition as per the last inspection. I can surely recommend this one!
nikesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2013, 11:24   #22
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Chennai
Posts: 703
Thanked: 46 Times
Default re: White VW Vento Highline TDI: 61,000 kms / 4th service report

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikesh View Post
OEM stereo unit was for 17000 which i got through one of my known friend in Pune. The showroom cost for this one was 29000 after negotiations.
Thats cool man. The service advisor at Abra motors Chennai said it costs Rs.95K. I didn't bother to utter another word and left.
LandCruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2013, 12:06   #23
BHPian
 
vinj14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Chennai
Posts: 305
Thanked: 259 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandCruiser View Post
Thats cool man. The service advisor at Abra motors Chennai said it costs Rs.95K. I didn't bother to utter another word and left.
What oem stereo are you guys talking about? Anyways I have an new Vw rcd510 which is a straight swap for those with the 310. Pm me if you are interested.
vinj14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2013, 14:43   #24
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 117
Thanked: 32 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinj14 View Post
What oem stereo are you guys talking about? Anyways I have an new Vw rcd510 which is a straight swap for those with the 310. Pm me if you are interested.
Details of stereo available at(Post #5811) :
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...eview-388.html
This is an imported version.
nikesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2014, 17:21   #25
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 117
Thanked: 32 Times
Post Re: White VW Vento Highline TDI: 61,000 kms / 4th service report

Planning for brake pad replacement again in next 1000 kms. SA adviced I should do this earlier this time to have better brakes at all times. Current ODO is 65k and I had changed earlier on 39k.
nikesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2014, 18:35   #26
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Baripada
Posts: 403
Thanked: 91 Times
Default Re: White VW Vento Highline TDI: 61,000 kms / 4th service report

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikesh View Post
Planning for brake pad replacement again in next 1000 kms. SA adviced I should do this earlier this time to have better brakes at all times. Current ODO is 65k and I had changed earlier on 39k.
What is the cost of replacing the brake pads? You had mentioned that FE drop is around 2 kmpl after tyre upgrade to 195 width from stock 185 ( I guess stock size is 185, correct me if I am wrong). 2 kmpl drop is quite significant. Have you exactly measured the drop in FE after tyre upgrade? Your service cost for 15,000 km of around 9-10 k seems to be reasonable. I presume that synthetic oil is used, which brand do you use & how much liter is the requirement? My Verna CRDI consumes 5.3 lit & the service interval is 10,000 km. If I start using synthetic, will it last for 15,000 km?
Chitta Pradhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2014, 13:29   #27
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 117
Thanked: 32 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitta Pradhan View Post
What is the cost of replacing the brake pads? You had mentioned that FE drop is around 2 kmpl after tyre upgrade to 195 width from stock 185 ( I guess stock size is 185, correct me if I am wrong). 2 kmpl drop is quite significant. Have you exactly measured the drop in FE after tyre upgrade? Your service cost for 15,000 km of around 9-10 k seems to be reasonable. I presume that synthetic oil is used, which brand do you use & how much liter is the requirement? My Verna CRDI consumes 5.3 lit & the service interval is 10,000 km. If I start using synthetic, will it last for 15,000 km?
Brake pads cost 3000. FE drop has been around 1 kmpl i can say as compared to what its was with the stock tyres in similar driving conditions. Stock size was 185/60/R15 apollo. Regarding oil i will check with SA and confirm later. But the oil replacement has always been done during the scheduled service interval.
nikesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My Blueberry! VW Vento TDi Highline. EDIT: 75,000 km update on page 12 Rachit.K.Dogra Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 181 2nd March 2017 18:10
My Pepper Grey VW Vento TDI Highline 30,000 kms Report abhinavb Long-Term Ownership Reviews 8 3rd April 2016 19:48


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 01:38.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks