Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 19th February 2012, 00:43   #421
dot
Senior - BHPian
 
dot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Ban Chang
Posts: 1,681
Thanked: 714 Times
Default re: My preworshipped Honda Civic - Scorponok. Now with Vtec indicator

Quote:
Originally Posted by skdking View Post
What all do you do to maintain the OEM Alloys in your Civic, Abhijit?
Spray an all purpose cleaner and used a soft cloth like an old cotton sock to rub off dirt. Then a quick water wash. It works all the time.
dot is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2012, 12:12   #422
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: chennai
Posts: 481
Thanked: 132 Times
Default re: My preworshipped Honda Civic - Scorponok. Now with Vtec indicator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dot View Post
Spray an all purpose cleaner and used a soft cloth like an old cotton sock to rub off dirt. Then a quick water wash. It works all the time.
Abhijit, I have posted a query about my alloys on the Civic maintenance thread. Can I request you to go through it and give your inputs.
skdking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2012, 12:37   #423
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: chennai
Posts: 481
Thanked: 132 Times
Default re: My preworshipped Honda Civic - Scorponok. Now with Vtec indicator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dot View Post
Spray an all purpose cleaner and used a soft cloth like an old cotton sock to rub off dirt. Then a quick water wash. It works all the time.
Hey Abhijit,

I saw, on a cng thread, some posts of yours regarding cng on civic.

Can you please give a feedback?
skdking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2012, 18:36   #424
dot
Senior - BHPian
 
dot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Ban Chang
Posts: 1,681
Thanked: 714 Times
Default re: My preworshipped Honda Civic - Scorponok. Now with Vtec indicator

Quote:
Originally Posted by skdking View Post
Hey Abhijit,

I saw, on a cng thread, some posts of yours regarding cng on civic.

Can you please give a feedback?
skdking, can you kindly elaborate, which posts of mine are you referring to.

If cng is Compressed Natural Gas, then my current view on installing a cng kit on a Civic is, not to go for it. The car begs to be driven hard. I am not sure CNG will retain same performance levels.

Moreover a Civic owner has signed up to sacrifice some FE at the time of purchase. Why feel bad later
dot is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2012, 20:44   #425
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: chennai
Posts: 481
Thanked: 132 Times
Default re: My preworshipped Honda Civic - Scorponok. Now with Vtec indicator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dot View Post
skdking, can you kindly elaborate, which posts of mine are you referring to.

If cng is Compressed Natural Gas, then my current view on installing a cng kit on a Civic is, not to go for it. The car begs to be driven hard. I am not sure CNG will retain same performance levels.

Moreover a Civic owner has signed up to sacrifice some FE at the time of purchase. Why feel bad later
I just happened to see

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...pg-kits-3.html (High End Cars With Cng/lpg Kits ?)

Also, I agree with you in toto about the civic and cng.
skdking is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2012, 21:47   #426
Senior - BHPian
 
sumeethaldankar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 2,675
Thanked: 1,025 Times
Default re: My preworshipped Honda Civic - Scorponok. Now with Vtec indicator

Even i sometimes contemplate on getting the civic with a CNG kit even though i am not sure it can be fitted with one.(Civic in the US comes with natural gas or so option) The very fact is that one of the reasons i got the civic because i wanted a 100+ hp car and performance and FE really don't go hand in hand so might as well enjoy what you paid for :-)
sumeethaldankar is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2012, 15:45   #427
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: chennai
Posts: 481
Thanked: 132 Times
Default Re: My preworshipped Honda Civic - Scorponok. Now with Vtec indicator



Abhijit,

Your name cropped up when we were having a discussion about FE in Civic here: -

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...silver-10.html (Honda Civic V AT Alabaster Silver)

Can you contribute on this topic?
skdking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2012, 08:04   #428
dot
Senior - BHPian
 
dot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Ban Chang
Posts: 1,681
Thanked: 714 Times
Default Re: My preworshipped Honda Civic - Scorponok. Now with Vtec indicator

Quote:
Originally Posted by skdking View Post
Abhijit,

Your name cropped up when we were having a discussion about FE in Civic here: -
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...silver-10.html (Honda Civic V AT Alabaster Silver)

Can you contribute on this topic?
Sorry I missed your post as well as that discussion completely. Would have loved to contribute. My bad!

In the meantime some quick updates.

Scorpo has been busy, chugging the miles. Almost 1500 Kms per month of travel these days.

Finally I gave the car to Honda for another thorough check-up. This time it was in Dankewadi Deccan Honda. Their head of technical team as well as the most experienced SA attended the car personally.
Verdict - just keep driving.

The minor issues of headlight leveller and chime not working was sorted out. The harness was taken off during ICE installation, and never put back. Bummer!

Finally BHPian and friend Ninjatalli called for a midnight photoshoot last week. Here is a contribution from his side.

My preworshipped Honda Civic - Scorponok. Now with Vtec indicator-img_0529_1.jpg

Ninja, you rock!
dot is offline   (6) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2012, 09:47   #429
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,101
Thanked: 600 Times
Default Re: My preworshipped Honda Civic - Scorponok. Now with Vtec indicator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dot View Post
Scorpo has been busy, chugging the miles. Almost 1500 Kms per month of travel these days.
Its good to know that Scorpo is kept busy. The more busy it is, the more happier you get at the end of the day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dot View Post
Verdict - just keep driving.
The Civic begs you to drive as if there is no tomorrow, isn't it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by dot View Post
The minor issues of headlight leveller and chime not working was sorted out. The harness was taken off during ICE installation, and never put back. Bummer!
That is precisely why I am always concerned to do something that requires removal of dashboard, doorpads, etc. You never know when things like these might happen. Good that it is sorted out now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dot View Post
Finally BHPian and friend Ninjatalli called for a midnight photoshoot last week. Here is a contribution from his side.
Ah, what do I say? Beautiful! I wish I was in Pune so that I could have joined you guys for the shoot.
arvi86 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2015, 04:29   #430
BHPian
 
pamiboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Cochin
Posts: 259
Thanked: 102 Times
Default Re: My preworshipped Honda Civic - Scorponok. Now with Vtec indicator

Does anyone's Civic has DRL activated? Mine doesn't seem to have it activated. Thanks.
pamiboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2015, 11:31   #431
Senior - BHPian
 
sushrutha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Chikmagalur/Ban
Posts: 1,702
Thanked: 324 Times
Default Re: My preworshipped Honda Civic - Scorponok. Now with Vtec indicator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamiboy View Post
Does anyone's Civic has DRL activated? Mine doesn't seem to have it activated. Thanks.
Be specific as what you mean my ' Mine doesn't seem to have it activated'
I have got a D-I-Y DRL installed in my Civic with a seperate switch & this is how it looks when on.
My preworshipped Honda Civic - Scorponok. Now with Vtec indicator-dsc_0285.jpg
sushrutha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2015, 20:25   #432
BHPian
 
pamiboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Cochin
Posts: 259
Thanked: 102 Times
Default

That looks great. I meant to say that the same civics sold worldwide seem to have DRLs as stock. The high beam itself illuminates using half power while in DRL mode and I'm thinking it must be just an issue with coding in the software to activate it on our civics. Thanks for the reply.
pamiboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2015, 22:14   #433
Senior - BHPian
 
sushrutha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Chikmagalur/Ban
Posts: 1,702
Thanked: 324 Times
Default Re: My preworshipped Honda Civic - Scorponok. Now with Vtec indicator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamiboy View Post
That looks great. I meant to say that the same civics sold worldwide seem to have DRLs as stock. The high beam itself illuminates using half power while in DRL mode and I'm thinking it must be just an issue with coding in the software to activate it on our civics. Thanks for the reply.
AFAIK, 8th gen Civic never came with DRL setup.
9th gen Civic's have DRL setup
sushrutha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2015, 23:02   #434
BHPian
 
pamiboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Cochin
Posts: 259
Thanked: 102 Times
Default

Yes you are right. 8th gen civic didn't come with DRL in India, but elsewhere it was standard. I was just wondering if we could somehow activate that feature.
pamiboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Scorponok visits Bhigwan dot Travelogues 15 12th March 2012 23:01
*Installed* : Vtec indicator in my Honda Civic dot Technical Stuff 46 16th July 2011 15:25
Honda City Vs Honda Civic E Vs Honda Civic V (pre-owned) drkunaldas Sedans 4 31st October 2010 18:07
Our "Preworshipped" Civic Sailor Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 8 23rd September 2010 11:08


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 21:06.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks