Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 31st May 2011, 19:04   #166
BHPian
 
evilshantanu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 523
Thanked: 212 Times
Default Re: Front Demister

Quote:
Originally Posted by ventoman View Post
Guys,

I have one other problem apart from the falling surveillance. I plan to visit VW next week and raise this during the summer camp (Yes, I got the invite letter as well).

The front demister when engaged does clear the mist thats formed on the inside of windscreen. However, after that it forms a misty layer towards the bottom on the outside. This makes it difficult in the night and not sure why its happening. Even if I tend to clear it with wiper, it resurfaces again shortly.

Other Vento owners, have you ever experienced this?
That would be there, it is because of high humidity levels outside in the environment. I also faced this in my swift as well as Vento
evilshantanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2011, 22:15   #167
Senior - BHPian
 
Chethan B G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,419
Thanked: 693 Times
Arrow Re: Front Demister

Quote:
Originally Posted by ventoman View Post
Guys,

I have one other problem apart from the falling surveillance. I plan to visit VW next week and raise this during the summer camp (Yes, I got the invite letter as well).

The front demister when engaged does clear the mist thats formed on the inside of windscreen. However, after that it forms a misty layer towards the bottom on the outside. This makes it difficult in the night and not sure why its happening. Even if I tend to clear it with wiper, it resurfaces again shortly.

Other Vento owners, have you ever experienced this?
This is nothing specific to Vento. This happens in most cars. Probably more so, in cars which has good AC. And also, if the wind shield is very close to the AC vents as in Polo and Vento.

The reason is that the inside temperature is very low and so the moisture in the outside atmosphere tends to condense. More so, near the AC vents.

Try with a higher cabin temperature, particularly when it rains. It will work. I have checked it on my Polo.

Last edited by Chethan B G : 31st May 2011 at 22:16.
Chethan B G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2011, 11:04   #168
BHPian
 
ventoman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 293
Thanked: 165 Times
Default Re: Front Demister

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilshantanu View Post
That would be there, it is because of high humidity levels outside in the environment. I also faced this in my swift as well as Vento
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chethan B G View Post
This is nothing specific to Vento. This happens in most cars. Probably more so, in cars which has good AC. And also, if the wind shield is very close to the AC vents as in Polo and Vento.

The reason is that the inside temperature is very low and so the moisture in the outside atmosphere tends to condense. More so, near the AC vents.

Try with a higher cabin temperature, particularly when it rains. It will work. I have checked it on my Polo.
Thanks for the info guys.
Will try setting a high cabin temperature next time and confirm.
To be honest, this is my first car with a demister. So I am still getting used to it.
ventoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2011, 15:16   #169
BHPian
 
ventoman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 293
Thanked: 165 Times
Thumbs up Summer camp check

Took the car for the summer camp check and got VW Palace cross to do the below
1) Fix a dent on the rear door (some 2 wheeler had caused this when I parked my car in bannerghata road)
2) Door rattling (Yes, it resurfaced again)
3) Interior surveillance falling off
4) Summer camp offers

To fix and paint the dent they took 4 days citing bangalore weather and total cost was Rs.5.5k. The door rattling is completely gone now, as they have replaced the beedings (all 4 doors). Interior surveillance fitting clips have been replaced too.
The car was nicely clent on outside and inside. Fluids topped up and AC filter was replaced.
In addition, they did an ECU update to fix the engine vibrations during cold starts. Now the engine is super smooth.

Overall a very satisfied visit and the service staff were amazing.

Hope they maintain the quality.
ventoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2011, 00:36   #170
BHPian
 
M00M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 330
Thanked: 182 Times
Default re: Ventastic ride so far...My White VW Vento TDI Highline

@ventoman: I am currently considering buying a Vento TDi Highline and have read your thread from inception. I summarize that you've had a good experience with the car and fantastic fuel efficiency however i was just checking out the Facebook and Twitter page of VW India and realized a lot of people have complains regarding service and after sales support. My main concerns were the HU which i wanted to change. I am comparing the Vento with the City since i do not have that much running i normally run my cars about 6000-8000 kms a year and i wouldnt mind trying out the Vento but i do now want to be stuck with a car having bad after sales support. Thanks for your help.
M00M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2011, 12:45   #171
BHPian
 
ventoman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 293
Thanked: 165 Times
Default re: Ventastic ride so far...My White VW Vento TDI Highline

Quote:
Originally Posted by M00M View Post
@ventoman: I am currently considering buying a Vento TDi Highline and have read your thread from inception. I summarize that you've had a good experience with the car and fantastic fuel efficiency however i was just checking out the Facebook and Twitter page of VW India and realized a lot of people have complains regarding service and after sales support. My main concerns were the HU which i wanted to change. I am comparing the Vento with the City since i do not have that much running i normally run my cars about 6000-8000 kms a year and i wouldnt mind trying out the Vento but i do now want to be stuck with a car having bad after sales support. Thanks for your help.
Thanks.
I am very happy with the car and the service so far from VW. However, considering your yearly mileage, ANHC seems a good options especially after the price drop.
ventoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2011, 12:26   #172
BHPian
 
ventoman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 293
Thanked: 165 Times
Default 11k Update

The car has completed 11k. I do admit that I haven't done long trips in the recent past, thanks to hectic weekends. However, I have a chance to make up for it in the next 1 month and hit 15k for the 1st service.

The car has during these days become smoother and smoother and a joy to ride. The last full tank even gave a mileage of 19+ with AC in rides involving bangalore b2b traffic and expressways. So extremely happy with the car. Rattling which troubled for the first 6 months has totally disappeared since the summer camp check.

Took the car for Monsoon checkup yesterday and yet another pleasant service experience with VW palace cross folks. Oil level, brake pads, wiper washer liquid were all checked thoroughly and no surprises there. Car was washed and promptly returned back to me at the agreed upon time.

The pleasant ownership experience continues.. (touchwood)

Last edited by ventoman : 7th July 2011 at 12:27.
ventoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2011, 14:28   #173
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 15
Thanked: Once
Default re: Ventastic ride so far...My White VW Vento TDI Highline

hey Ventoman,

I have been reading your thread, very well written and regular updates have made it a pleasure to read. I have also booked a Vento Petrol AT and is expected in Aug 1st week.

I was contemplating a tire upgrade from 185-60 R15 to 195-60 R15 Yoko C-Drives as per various websites this upgrade means a 2% difference and hence a slight speedo error, besides that have you noticed any other problems due to this tire upgrade. Are the tires sticking out. Any issues when car is loaded. Would appreciate your feedback on this.

Also how easy was it to fit the Pioneer HU. Request you to describe the procedure in brief. Does it now affect the electrical warranty from VW.
naveenk25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2011, 11:27   #174
BHPian
 
ventoman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 293
Thanked: 165 Times
Default re: Ventastic ride so far...My White VW Vento TDI Highline

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenk25 View Post
hey Ventoman,

I was contemplating a tire upgrade from 185-60 R15 to 195-60 R15 Yoko C-Drives as per various websites this upgrade means a 2% difference and hence a slight speedo error, besides that have you noticed any other problems due to this tire upgrade. Are the tires sticking out. Any issues when car is loaded. Would appreciate your feedback on this.
There is absolutely no problem with the tyre upgrade. 195 does not stick out. The key is to get to the preferred tyre pressure. After lot of permutations, I am now sticking to 32 for both city and highways and extremely comfy with them.
Hope you are also going to upgrade the spare wheel to match the 185 to 195 change. As they are R14, I had to upgrade them to 185-70 Yoko (from 175-70 Apollo).
Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenk25 View Post
Also how easy was it to fit the Pioneer HU. Request you to describe the procedure in brief. Does it now affect the electrical warranty from VW.
Pioneer 3300BT is an easy fit provided you get VW Facia Panel Adaptor, ISO Wiring Harness Adaptor Lead and Aerial Antenna Adaptor. I got them from UK (one sample link is Volkswagen Car Stereo Kit with Pioneer AVH-3300BT Car DVD Bluetooth AV System - Car Stereos Car Fitting Accessories Car Audio Satellite Navigation) . Not sure where from you are planning to get these. I got the HU fitted by Anwar in Koramangala. They are used to this HU and hence very comfortable in installing and tuning it. As only the lead out from the mains for HU wire is cut, I presume there is no warranty issue here. I had taken the car to VW service centre twice after that and they didn't seem to complain when I showed them the HU installation.
ventoman is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2011, 15:21   #175
BHPian
 
ventoman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 293
Thanked: 165 Times
Default re: Ventastic ride so far...My White VW Vento TDI Highline

Had a horrible experience last weekend. Took the vento out with family for usual weekend shopping and was coming back home. Vento was moving at about 20kmph on Uttarahalli main road, when a Indica cab appeared out of nowhere from side lanes and joined the main road. My instant response was to brake and stop the vehicle, which was easily done at the speed I was travelling. Now to my horror, an Alto hits me from the back. The guy was not able to brake on time and banged against my rear bumper.

Got out of the vehicle to check the damage. The bumper had a wierd crack. Its probably to do with the bumpers in VW and Skoda wherein they go in and come out at the time of impact. Alto's damage was worse..the front windshield had developed a crack, front bumper damaged etc.
I demanded the Alto fellow to pay for the damage. He initially declined and asked me to get it from the Indica fellow because of whom this whole thing happened. I was shell shocked and after giving him a piece of my mind, I took him to neighbourhood police station. After lot of negotiations, he agreed to pay me 2k. I could have got more, but my inability to speak in Kannada with the police didn't help.

Cursing my bad luck, I went home and now the car is with VW palace cross.

Here is a pic of the bumper crack.
Ventastic ride so far...My White VW Vento TDI Highline-img_20110802_102721.jpg

I was actually going to update the thread with my trip to Coorg and Coimbatore. But this episode has upset me. I will post them after a day or two.
ventoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2011, 16:15   #176
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 226
Thanked: 199 Times
Default re: Ventastic ride so far...My White VW Vento TDI Highline

oh thats bad ventoman. I guess you will have to replace the bumper since its cracked? Please keep posted on the charges of replacing and painting it. I hope your insurance covers the majority portion of amount and the 2k you received should cover your pocket experience !
Frontosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2011, 16:36   #177
Team-BHP Support
 
noopster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 8,665
Thanked: 9,195 Times
Default re: Ventastic ride so far...My White VW Vento TDI Highline

Ventoman, that really sucks. Glad you are OK, though.

2K is OK I guess- get the bumper replaced through insurance is my advice.

There is no sense arguing with these idiots. Rear-ending is the fault of the driver who doesn't brake in time and NOT of the one that gets hit. This is true everywhere in the world. Only in India do people even dare argue, "You stopped suddenly" etc. Fools!
noopster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2011, 16:37   #178
BHPian
 
nileshch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: BLR / BOM
Posts: 743
Thanked: 370 Times
Default re: Ventastic ride so far...My White VW Vento TDI Highline

Quote:
Originally Posted by ventoman View Post
Had a horrible experience last weekend. Took the vento out with family for usual weekend shopping and was coming back home. Vento was moving at about 20kmph on Uttarahalli main road, when a Indica cab appeared out of nowhere from side lanes and joined the main road. My instant response was to brake and stop the vehicle, which was easily done at the speed I was travelling. Now to my horror, an Alto hits me from the back. The guy was not able to brake on time and banged against my rear bumper.
Ouch! That looks bad. Ideally speaking, it is the Alto's fault for not maintaining a safe distance from your car.

But I must say, inspite of the crack, the Vento bumper has not lost its shape. Although, you may need to replace it completely. Do let us know about the quotes and the final costs.
nileshch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2011, 20:46   #179
Senior - BHPian
 
oxyzen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Not fixed.
Posts: 1,026
Thanked: 265 Times
Default re: Ventastic ride so far...My White VW Vento TDI Highline

Did you get scratches on the back door as well? That looks bad!
How many days will VW take to give it back to you?
oxyzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2011, 00:15   #180
BHPian
 
prkothan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: chennai
Posts: 175
Thanked: 25 Times
Default re: Ventastic ride so far...My White VW Vento TDI Highline

Hi all,

Today I test drove 18,000 kms old -Vento TDI. Here my comments
1. Very hard clutch. In line with commander Jeep. And some push back effect also while releasing the clutch.
2. Totally in-consistent (I mean non linear) power delivery.
3. Pathetic steering (I mean, in slow speed I was just playing with the steering - turning left & right - around 10-15 degress!! but vehicle travels in straight line). There is so much "play" available in steering.

Just I cannot believe this in Rs10 lacs car. Given a choice between my 6 yrs old (75k kms) Baleno Vs 20,000 kms old Vento , I will opt for my Baleno.

Regards,
Prasanna

Last edited by prkothan : 25th September 2011 at 00:16.
prkothan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
White VW Vento Highline TDI: 61,000 kms / 4th service report nikesh Long-Term Ownership Reviews 26 13th January 2014 13:29


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 10:40.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks