Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 29th December 2010, 10:17   #76
Distinguished - BHPian
 
naveen.raju's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Cochin
Posts: 3,733
Thanked: 3,065 Times
Default re: Ventastic ride so far...My White VW Vento TDI Highline

This is the problem when we buy a relatively new car. All issues and feedback will be sorted out in an yr or so. So all the missing features/equipments will be present in the new model. Had the same effect when we bought the Fiesta. HU didnt support MP3, OVRM indicators, newly designed alloys etc etc. VW should have looked into this earlier since Polo customers had the same suggestions.
naveen.raju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2011, 02:16   #77
BHPian
 
mail2vm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 78
Thanked: 12 Times
Default re: Ventastic ride so far...My White VW Vento TDI Highline

Quote:
Originally Posted by ventoman View Post
11) USB option tucked neatly inside the Dash
(ipod connectivity from the front of the HU, via miniusb-ipod cable supplied)
Attachment 471681
VM,
1) Just wanted to know on whether you drilled a hole in the dash for USB.
2) I read your comments that by changing the HL bulbs to Philips, its better now during night driving. Just wanted to know on whether the HL console/frame is able to absorb the heat. The reason is because sometime back I had the same problem in my Accent. I thought of changing it to Light Force bulbs. However, I was informed by the SC guy that some parts inside the HL would melt due to too much heat generated by the bulb. Hence didn't try it even though I like LF the most.

I've following the VW dealers from Sep'10 on Vento. However, I was in the impression that the hype on this car would go after sometime, which would bring down the waiting period. Just because the dealer was telling me that it would take 2-3 months to get a car after booking.

I called him yesterday to find out on whether the waiting period has come down, by bad - Its increased now. He's saying it would take 6-8 months to deliver a car now , which is more like Q4'11.

However, I'm just hoping to see atleasd 75% of the highlighted issues(rather expectations) to be fixed/fulfilled.
mail2vm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2011, 11:22   #78
vcx
BHPian
 
vcx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 185
Thanked: 36 Times
Default re: Ventastic ride so far...My White VW Vento TDI Highline

Hi Ventoman, Naveen and others.

Congrats for those who are the proud owners of Vento's. I am on the verge of deciding btw ANHC (Petrol) and Vento Highline(Diesel).

Wanted to understand your specific reasons for making the Vento choice in comparision with ANHC, For me the price diff in Hyd btw City VMT and Vento Highline is just ard 50k max.

Test drive both,
road presence ANHC all the way, but Petrol
Fantastic/Ventastic engine Vento Diesel- Tempting Diesel


I did spend a lot of time reading most of revirews, intial ownership reports( also noted some minor glitches-driver side power widow problem in Vento etc..) , while low qlty interiors on ANHC and auto a/c etc missing, while Vento misses streeting controls .

Do share your thoughts/observations of the points to keep in mind.

On another note, I follow volkswagenindia on twitter and I had posted few questions:

When likely do they see the current waiting periods coming down?
Ans: 2011 see full swin g with added capcity and then do see the supply boost

Wether there would be a new vento this year with minor update like streeing controls, others updates, glitches addressed this year.?

Ans: They are looking into various possibilities , nothing has been finalised.


Good part : They do reply to most of the queries rasied

Twitter id: @[COLOR=#2d76b9]volkswagenIndia[/COLOR]

On last observation is ANHC has ABS with Brake Assist, where as Vneto just has ABS no brake assist/EBD?

Look forward to hearing from you all to help me make a good /balance choice!
vcx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2011, 13:53   #79
BHPian
 
ventoman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 293
Thanked: 165 Times
Default re: Ventastic ride so far...My White VW Vento TDI Highline

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail2vm View Post
VM,
1) Just wanted to know on whether you drilled a hole in the dash for USB.
2) I read your comments that by changing the HL bulbs to Philips, its better now during night driving. Just wanted to know on whether the HL console/frame is able to absorb the heat.
1) Yes. I drilled a hole in the rear end of the dash to get the USB cable in.
2) I think the HL frame is able to absorb the heat. So far, no issues on that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcx View Post
Hi Ventoman, Naveen and others.

Congrats for those who are the proud owners of Vento's. I am on the verge of deciding btw ANHC (Petrol) and Vento Highline(Diesel).

Wanted to understand your specific reasons for making the Vento choice in comparision with ANHC, For me the price diff in Hyd btw City VMT and Vento Highline is just ard 50k max.

Test drive both,
road presence ANHC all the way, but Petrol
Fantastic/Ventastic engine Vento Diesel- Tempting Diesel
vcx,

City VMT was on my radar as well. However in the test drive, I scrapped through all the speed breakers in the road. That put me off, although SP assured me that they have a sheet underneath to protect the engine. Still I was not sold, as the road I drove was possibly one of the better roads and the breakers were not that big to scrap!
++ I was keen on owning a Diesel. So Vento was chosen.

In your case, if you are fine with Petrol, you can go for City. But if you are after Diesel, then its Vento. That would be my suggestion.
ventoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2011, 14:52   #80
vcx
BHPian
 
vcx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 185
Thanked: 36 Times
Default re: Ventastic ride so far...My White VW Vento TDI Highline

Thanks Ventoman, how about some problems few have posted such as driver side power window gets hanged in btw ( need a engine restart), clutch vibrations etc...
vcx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2011, 15:24   #81
BHPian
 
ventoman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 293
Thanked: 165 Times
Default re: Ventastic ride so far...My White VW Vento TDI Highline

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcx View Post
Thanks Ventoman, how about some problems few have posted such as driver side power window gets hanged in btw ( need a engine restart), clutch vibrations etc...
I fortunately haven't had the power window problem yet (touchwood).
My only grief so far has been the central locking, with which you can still open the doors from inside. The child lock option is available for the rear door..but I rather prefer an option of locking all the doors from inside as well, which can be unlocked by a button!
ventoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2011, 16:05   #82
Distinguished - BHPian
 
naveen.raju's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Cochin
Posts: 3,733
Thanked: 3,065 Times
Default re: Ventastic ride so far...My White VW Vento TDI Highline

Quote:
Originally Posted by ventoman View Post
I fortunately haven't had the power window problem yet (touchwood).
My only grief so far has been the central locking, with which you can still open the doors from inside. The child lock option is available for the rear door..but I rather prefer an option of locking all the doors from inside as well, which can be unlocked by a button!
Yes, the locking mechanism in the Vento is really bad. There's currently no use of the central locking available in the current model. Heard they are collecting all minor and major flaws and are getting rectified in the new models.
naveen.raju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2011, 17:28   #83
vcx
BHPian
 
vcx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 185
Thanked: 36 Times
Default re: Ventastic ride so far...My White VW Vento TDI Highline

Believe it my Ikon has the same mechanism, never was able to understand the logic for having such way of central locking....

I had argued a lot with Ford folks during my initial days about this only to hear back that its made like this only....

But why on earth would VW like to do such a thing....



Never got to check on other cars in this segment for this specific issue and also on Civic and more so on elder bro Jetta, if they have similar issues?

Note from Support: Not more than 2 smilies allowed per post. Please go through the rules. Also please avoid typing dotty sentences... like...this...

Last edited by Eddy : 5th January 2011 at 17:37. Reason: Removing formatting tags + note inline
vcx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2011, 08:37   #84
BHPian
 
ventoman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 293
Thanked: 165 Times
Default 50 days update

All,

A few updates.

1) The car has now clocked 3200kms and is super smooth. Its been troublefree and fun filled 50 days of ownership so far. Two long drives planned for this weekend and next to Yercaud and Coimbatore respectively.
2) The long awaited Kagu 3D Mats for Polo/Vento turned up at Hot tracks, Victoria road. I got them fitted and below are some pics. Price was Rs.4800.
Ventastic ride so far...My White VW Vento TDI Highline-dsc_0114.jpg
Ventastic ride so far...My White VW Vento TDI Highline-dsc_0115.jpg
Ventastic ride so far...My White VW Vento TDI Highline-dsc_0116.jpg
Ventastic ride so far...My White VW Vento TDI Highline-dsc_0117.jpg
ventoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2011, 09:49   #85
Distinguished - BHPian
 
naveen.raju's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Cochin
Posts: 3,733
Thanked: 3,065 Times
Default Re: 50 days update

Quote:
Originally Posted by ventoman View Post
All,

A few updates.

1) The car has now clocked 3200kms and is super smooth. Its been troublefree and fun filled 50 days of ownership so far. Two long drives planned for this weekend and next to Yercaud and Coimbatore respectively.
2) The long awaited Kagu 3D Mats for Polo/Vento turned up at Hot tracks, Victoria road. I got them fitted and below are some pics. Price was Rs.4800.
Attachment 477970
Attachment 477971
Attachment 477972
Attachment 477973
Great pics. Was waiting to see the Kagu mats for Vento. How does it feel? Is it easy to clean.
naveen.raju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2011, 14:59   #86
vcx
BHPian
 
vcx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 185
Thanked: 36 Times
Default re: Ventastic ride so far...My White VW Vento TDI Highline

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Yes, the locking mechanism in the Vento is really bad. There's currently no use of the central locking available in the current model. Heard they are collecting all minor and major flaws and are getting rectified in the new models.

I fully concurr with this point that VW is looking at the flaws both major and minor to see what can be factored .

I have been chasing them on twitter and they did replied to most of quires and to one of my queries on the flaws of central locking , audio controls etc they replied stating they are looking into the inputs flowing in but did not state anything beyond.

Hope they come up with updates that VW VENTO will be machine with great engine which it already has, along with some neat features to please all( in the upcoming versions)
vcx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2011, 17:26   #87
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Navi Mumbai
Posts: 184
Thanked: 46 Times
Default re: Ventastic ride so far...My White VW Vento TDI Highline

Quote:
Originally Posted by ventoman View Post
I fortunately haven't had the power window problem yet (touchwood).
My only grief so far has been the central locking, with which you can still open the doors from inside. The child lock option is available for the rear door..but I rather prefer an option of locking all the doors from inside as well, which can be unlocked by a button!
Is'nt that supposed to be a safety feature rather than a flaw?
In case of any emergencies, the passengers should be able to open the invidual doors from inside and escape, rather than wait for the driver to first unlock the central locking system. The only obvious use of the central lock could be to safeguard the car from external intrusion.
anuragn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2011, 17:48   #88
Team-BHP Support
 
noopster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 8,662
Thanked: 9,184 Times
Default re: Ventastic ride so far...My White VW Vento TDI Highline

Is it a sign of the times that VW is more responsive on twitter than in the real world?!! Thanks @VCX for the link- have posted my query there as well. Will check if anyone's replied.

@anuragn and others- I think the safety aspect (easy exit in case of emergencies) is the reason for the "strange" central locking arrangement. Having to wait for the driver to unlock you is a little demeaning (and in some cases, dangerous!) Having said that, when I am driving, I prefer keeping everything locked till I am in a position where I can safely dislodge passengers. Too often people not too used to riding in a car will open the door before it's come to complete stop or with some other vehicle dangerously close behind.
noopster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2011, 19:41   #89
Senior - BHPian
 
VW2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: electricity
Posts: 2,566
Thanked: 2,036 Times
Default re: Ventastic ride so far...My White VW Vento TDI Highline

@Ventoman

By far the best HU i have seen in a VW car. And the mats looks great too. Personally the car looks more japanese with some really strong/big wheels. The wheels almost gives a look that Honda/Toyota lack.

And I am very tempted to get the HU installed in my Jetta though i may not do it rightaway. Jetta RCD 510 is fine but lacks too many features that u can get from a pioneer unit for the same price. This HU is fantastic and fully functionaly.

And the next thing you should get is the chrome trims for the pillars

Will PM the link so it does not disturb the forum policy as the site sells accessories.
VW2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2011, 20:07   #90
vcx
BHPian
 
vcx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 185
Thanked: 36 Times
Default re: Ventastic ride so far...My White VW Vento TDI Highline

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Is it a sign of the times that VW is more responsive on twitter than in the real world?!! Thanks @VCX for the link- have posted my query there as well. Will check if anyone's replied.

@anuragn and others- I think the safety aspect (easy exit in case of emergencies) is the reason for the "strange" central locking arrangement. Having to wait for the driver to unlock you is a little demeaning (and in some cases, dangerous!) Having said that, when I am driving, I prefer keeping everything locked till I am in a position where I can safely dislodge passengers. Too often people not too used to riding in a car will open the door before it's come to complete stop or with some other vehicle dangerously close behind.

Off late they are asking people to post the questions, queries etc on Facebook :VW India
Volkswagen India | Facebook

Also noted an email :vw.india.vw(at)gmail.com , on this email they are running some contest promoting Beetle.
vcx is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
White VW Vento Highline TDI: 61,000 kms / 4th service report nikesh Long-Term Ownership Reviews 26 13th January 2014 13:29


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 13:45.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks