Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 11th January 2011, 14:48   #106
BHPian

Default re: Ventastic ride so far...My White VW Vento TDI Highline

Quote:
Originally Posted by trumpcard View Post
ventoman
i see that some one has already scratched some paint off your right-side side view mirror.By the way how is the rear seating position different from polo?(i am sorry if you have already discussed this before).
Yes..I got that first scratch when avoiding a tempo and thereby touched upon a Metro deviation hoarding.

The back seat is quite comfy..Thanks to the increased wheelbase. I am 5ft 11'' and have kept the frontseats to my comfort. So far I have had rear seat passengers varying from 5ft to 6ft 1" and NO complaints from them.

However, if I have a 5th adult then I feel its getting a bit cramped, due to the tall tunnel in the middle of rear seat.
ventoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2011, 15:26   #107
vcx
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post
Never thought of any upgrades with Baleno doing a good job...Vento specs with a deal winner diesel option is tempting, but...

When checked with VW office in Chennai to inquire about Vento, I was told that they had temporarily stopped taking the bookings for Vento & the last stage bookings were scheduled for End 2011 delivery.....He indicated that VW has plans to ramp up the production & will get the status of any improvement in deliveries only by March 2011.

My other hope is Etios Diesel, If they can just pass the diesel engine that is currently in Altis without tweaking that would be great. Already the petrol versions of Etios seems to be in the range of 5 months delivery frame, could not imagine the time they take to deliver the diesel version, esp if priced competitively

Fiesta is one good option with all the safety features but.... (an upgraded version is due right? )

This is notabel observation, if VW says that they have stopped taking booking, ramp up production etc! This points for a possible minor updates for new batch!!!
vcx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2011, 15:58   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Yes..I got that first scratch when avoiding a tempo and thereby touched upon a Metro deviation hoarding.
aaah,The first scratch is always a like a torture.Bu then i wish u a safe and secure ride with your vento for years to come.
Also what do you have to say about the steering feel in the vento(i hope i am not bugging you too much),Its just that after seeing so many vento's on road i have started liking the car(though i did not like it initially)and have a general eagerness towards its fit and feel.
trumpcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2011, 17:04   #109
vcx
BHPian

All Vento men,

One questions that's bothering me, given a choice between Vento Diesel , Honda Civic( Petrol), Jetta( Petrol).

I know Vento is of C segment as Civic , Jetta on C+. but I would love to hear thoughts which would make a good buy for one to keep it for long!( say 7-10yrs).

Vento: Fresh, great value diesel, good engine ( flip side: may still end up in C segment, VW support may be higher)
Civic: sheer class , style and though aged still looks better than any of its competetion( possibly the last model before 2011-12 Civic, Low FE, GC)
Jetta: Solid bulid quailty, ( low power, low on features)
Old 11th January 2011, 17:12   #110
BHPian

Quote:
One questions that's bothering me, given a choice between Vento Diesel , Honda Civic( Petrol), Jetta( Petrol).
one thing that is bothering me is that why haven't included the Laura tsi in the list above???? :P
Old 11th January 2011, 17:23   #111
vcx
BHPian

Quote:
one thing that is bothering me is that why haven't included the Laura tsi in the list above???? :P

Valid point, but Skoda support horror stories kept me away! , intrestingly did not hear so bad for Jetta though VW is group owner of Skoda.
Old 11th January 2011, 17:45   #112
BHPian

hi vcx
but then the current gen jetta is soon going to be phased out,also the 1.6L unit in jetta is not a stonker of engine IMO.Any specific reason for not including the corolla as well?
Old 11th January 2011, 18:53   #113
vcx
BHPian

Quote:
hi vcx
but then the current gen jetta is soon going to be phased out,also the 1.6L unit in jetta is not a stonker of engine IMO.Any specific reason for not including the corolla as well?

Agree, I have the same point thinking through and keeping jetta out.

Like to hear btw Vento and Civic( though new civic isn coming in 2012) which amongg would be good bet for long term( ages well with time say 7-10yrs)

Altis is not my kind ( personally not a fan of Altis bland looks, sure Toyota have great engines)

Cruze( persoanlly no likling for GM as a brand and some factor( which I cannot explain) missing in its cars, ages too fast)
Old 11th January 2011, 20:03   #114
BHPian

vcx
i think you should also consider the ANHC,Just my 2 cents
Old 11th January 2011, 21:48   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Also what do you have to say about the steering feel in the vento(i hope i am not bugging you too much),Its just that after seeing so many vento's on road i have started liking the car(though i did not like it initially)and have a general eagerness towards its fit and feel.
No probs Mate..This thread is meant to share my ownership experiences and thereby clear any doubts in the mind of potential buyers.
Steering would feel light when you first use it. But say, after a couple of days, you would love it. It doesn't feel that light as it felt initially. As I mentioned earlier, my feedback is based on my upgrade from Esteem. So I let other Vento/Polo owners to share their feedback.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcx View Post
Agree, I have the same point thinking through and keeping jetta out.

Like to hear btw Vento and Civic( though new civic isn coming in 2012) which amongg would be good bet for long term( ages well with time say 7-10yrs)

Altis is not my kind ( personally not a fan of Altis bland looks, sure Toyota have great engines)

Cruze( persoanlly no likling for GM as a brand and some factor( which I cannot explain) missing in its cars, ages too fast)
I was going to suggest Cruze if you are contemplating C+ segment, as it has stonker of an engine. It would have been my car if I could have afforded it and if I didn't spot Vento.
Old 11th January 2011, 22:28   #116
BHPian

Quote:
I was going to suggest Cruze if you are contemplating C+ segment, as it has stonker of an engine. It would have been my car if I could have afforded it and if I didn't spot Vento.
brother the interior quality and rear seat leg space really puts me off(no offence to any cruze owners)!!Atleast the interior quality could be a notch or two higher owing to the price it comes at.
Old 11th January 2011, 23:14   #117
vcx
BHPian

Quote:
brother the interior quality and rear seat leg space really puts me off(no offence to any cruze owners)!!Atleast the interior quality could be a notch or two higher owing to the price it comes at.

I can't agree more ,GM may have great engine and may be a worthy strech /plunge to C+ segment to feel the real upgrade.

Chevy's Cruze has many intresting elements cooked in and mimcked civic rear, low head room and low on interior qlty.Many like Cruze agressive face and stonker engine , but is it a marthon runner if one is shelling out 15 L for car!

While I see the fate of optra ( though hanging around) feels the oldest one just not going any where!.

For my kinds who buys a car and keeps it for long not sure, but yet I ll do another TD soon!

Only catch is Diesel rocket at a good price! wish Honda , Toyota , Jetta are listening to get a power engine in this price band!
Old 12th January 2011, 09:34   #118
BHPian

Default Letter from VW

Slightly .

Received this letter from VW yesterday.

It looks like I should have got this letter about 2 months back when I was waiting for my car or VW has no idea that it has delivered my car.

Anyway, a nice touching letter!
Attached Thumbnails
Ventastic ride so far...My White VW Vento TDI Highline-letter.jpg  

Old 12th January 2011, 10:39   #119
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Letter from VW

Quote:
Originally Posted by ventoman View Post
Slightly .

It looks like I should have got this letter about 2 months back when I was waiting for my car or VW has no idea that it has delivered my car.

WOW, that's realy nice to VW, even though its quite late in reaching you, but never the less good stuff .

Cheers
Schoudhury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2011, 10:50   #120
BHPian

Default Re: Letter from VW

Quote:
Originally Posted by ventoman View Post
Slightly .

Oh this is a lovely letter, I specially liked the font of this letter. I also received this yeasterday
evilshantanu is offline   Reply With Quote