Old 12th January 2011, 11:24   #121
vcx
BHPian

Default Re: Letter from VW

Quote:
Originally Posted by ventoman View Post
Slightly .

Received this letter from VW yesterday.

It looks like I should have got this letter about 2 months back when I was waiting for my car or VW has no idea that it has delivered my car.

Anyway, a nice touching letter!

That's nice and its like that they are replicating the ad line in real world-created with so much passion ( at least for customer connect passion) all it matters down as to how do they show up and sustain it when it comes to the actual services, support!

Thats make them real winner!

Last edited by vcx : 12th January 2011 at 11:26.
vcx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2011, 16:59   #122
BHPian

Default re: Ventastic ride so far...My White VW Vento TDI Highline

I don't care about all these marketing gimmicks. What matters is how they will improve their product and service quality and experience.
motorhead5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2011, 19:08   #123
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Absolutely no power loss when A/C is switched ON. Atleast, I didnt notice this.
I dont Buy what. No matter how much power you have there is bound to be a significant power loss when you turn on the AC. Or else where is that power coming from. Specially when the AC is so good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Since I drive Ford Fiesta and Swift, I find the turning radius to be very bad. I kinda struggle to take the Vento out of my garage when other cars are parked.

Swift+Fiesta+Vento???
You are the man!!!
Maybe also 1.8TSi later.

Anyway would love to hear a comparison between these 3 cars in terms of performance and Handling.
oxyzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2011, 16:28   #124
BHPian

I dont Buy what. No matter how much power you have there is bound to be a significant power loss when you turn on the AC. Or else where is that power coming from. Specially when the AC is so good.

Actually diesel engines do not feel anything when the AC is turned on.....my swift petrol does feel the pinch a bit....but I have driven Accent CRDi , chevy Tavera, Skoda Octavia and didnt even feel the diff.....its only in smaller petrol cars that we are used to that loss of power
cuteavaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2011, 11:55   #125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuteavaya View Post
Actually diesel engines do not feel anything when the AC is turned on.....my swift petrol does feel the pinch a bit....but I have driven Accent CRDi , chevy Tavera, Skoda Octavia and didnt even feel the diff.....its only in smaller petrol cars that we are used to that loss of power
+ 1 to that.
I used to avoid using the ac in my esteem due to significant power lost. But with vento tdi, negligible loss of power and FE is what I observed.
ventoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2011, 14:30   #126
Senior - BHPian

Cool re: Ventastic ride so far...My White VW Vento TDI Highline

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuteavaya View Post
Quote:
+ 1 to that.
I used to avoid using the ac in my esteem due to significant power lost. But with vento tdi, negligible loss of power and FE is what I observed.
Hmmm Interesting.
Actually when I had the TD the AC was on for the whole time. Needless to say I was blown away with the acceleration.
Later I was Imagining what would the acceleration be like with the AC turned off. Now you guys have spoilt it.
I still believe 0-100 and in gear acceleration will decrease by atleast 1 sec with the AC turned off. I agree in petrol it is much more.
Old 16th January 2011, 21:10   #127
Team-BHP Support

Ventoman looks like my letter reached you . I'm still wating for my Vento, now looks like I have to wait for my letter too!

Another VW dealership has opened up in Pune, run by the BU Bhandari guys (formerly Tata-Fiat). So now a bit of relief that I at least have sevice options. But having chanced upon the news that the new Verna (Accent) will be launched in June and possibly Fiat may launch an AT for the TJet plus the Fiesta coming soon as well, wondering whether I should wait a little more!
noopster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2011, 00:14   #128
BHPian

@Noopster, I was at the VW yard in hosur road recently. I was told that there is one Automatic lying there for a few weeks now without any one picking it up.. Wonder why they are making you wait even now.
motorhead5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2011, 10:08   #129
BHPian

Default Some updates

All,

The car has now clocked 4800kms thanks to yet another trip to CBE last weekend.

Touched a top speed of 160 few times. The car was well planted all the while and an absolute gem to drive. FE was a whopping 20.6 with 90% AC and 3 Adults+half boot.
Pics of the same as below.

Taken about 20 kms from reaching my home in Cbe.
Distance
Ventastic ride so far...My White VW Vento TDI Highline-imag0005.jpg
Average Speed
Ventastic ride so far...My White VW Vento TDI Highline-imag0006.jpg
Time for the journey
Ventastic ride so far...My White VW Vento TDI Highline-imag0007.jpg

FE
Ventastic ride so far...My White VW Vento TDI Highline-imag0018.jpg

The last Full tank refill yielded a similar FE including a ride to Yercaud. That time it was 49.2 litres for 1012 kms ride.

Also, had a horrible experience of a TSTC bus banging into my left mirror while returning. He was trying to squeeze his way that was non-existant between my car and a lorry.

The impact was so loud that I thought I had lost the left hand side of the car completely. But it ended up being just the cover on top of the mirror. Even the mirror was intact. It was then, I was proud of VW's build quality. Damage is around Rs.300 for the cover+ Rs.200 for painting it white. Will post the pics of the damage and the replacement when I get it done on 25.01.11.
Old 23rd January 2011, 10:15   #130
BHPian

Default Re: Some updates

Quote:
All,

The impact was so loud that I thought I had lost the left hand side of the car completely. But it ended up being just the cover on top of the mirror. Even the mirror was intact. It was then, I was proud of VW's build quality. Damage is around Rs.300 for the cover+ Rs.200 for painting it white. Will post the pics of the damage and the replacement when I get it done on 25.01.11.
Is the estimation of these damages given by the authorized service center ? If yes, then I dont think that the spares are costly from any angle.

This is actually a good sign
evilshantanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2011, 11:00   #131
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Some updates

Quote:
All,

Also, had a horrible experience of a TSTC bus banging into my left mirror while returning. He was trying to squeeze his way that was non-existant between my car and a lorry.

You are damn lucky.
These electric mirrors cost a fortune if they need replacement. When asked the VW dealer said 8000 Bucks for the whole assembly.
I would prefer not to have electric mirrors at all, in places where the bikers and autos are out there.
Old 23rd January 2011, 16:58   #132
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilshantanu View Post
Is the estimation of these damages given by the authorized service center ? If yes, then I dont think that the spares are costly from any angle.

This is actually a good sign
Yes. These are from VW palace cross.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxyzen View Post
You are damn lucky.
These electric mirrors cost a fortune if they need replacement. When asked the VW dealer said 8000 Bucks for the whole assembly.
I would prefer not to have electric mirrors at all, in places where the bikers and autos are out there.
Indeed Yes. I first feared the whole of left door was gone, then thought maybe the mirror is gone..but it finally ended up being the cover. It was an accident that I was forced to be a part of. I was squeezed to the extreme right of the road and had absolutely no space to get off. Despite me bringing the car to complete halt, the bus went on to smash my mirror (or rather the cover). The bus driver's apology was that he didn't concentrate on his right side (where I was) and was only focussing on overtaking the lorry on the extreme left!
Old 23rd January 2011, 19:09   #133
Senior - BHPian

Here (Spares Cost : Aveo/Baleno/Fiesta/NHC) Akas Chauvan has attached an excel sheet containing the costs of Baleno spares where the ORVM costs around 7K, given the Vento's ORVM are motorized, prices seems to be okay. How about the costs of these @ Verna/Honda?

Ventoman: If possible, could you please check out from the dealers on costs of spares (whatever available) & post it?

Keeping my fingers crossed till they open the booking at Chennai as I browse through the other newer options (fiesta/verna/SX4/Etios)...but nothing occupies the space as Vento does
Surprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2011, 07:34   #134
BHPian

All,

Got the mirror cover replaced. The actual price was 143 and painting cost was 200..so all inclusive (vat etc) the total bill was Rs.370, which gave me a lot of confidence about the rest of spares. I couldn't get hold of a spare parts price list.

Since I was in VW workshop, I also did the following.

1) Topped up 500ml of Engine oil for Rs.450.
2) Fixed that long pending door sil plates.
3) Had some minor door rattles on the left handside. Got it checked. They reckon its coming from the door pad joints to the actual door. They are liasing with VW on this and would fix my car, once they have the required info. The sound is very minor, but can be heard when going over potholes with your HU switched off.

Overall, a very satisfied visit to VW service centre.
Old 28th January 2011, 10:00   #135
BHPian

Quote:
All,

Got the mirror cover replaced. The actual price was 143 and painting cost was 200..so all inclusive (vat etc) the total bill was Rs.370, which gave me a lot of confidence about the rest of spares. I couldn't get hold of a spare parts price list.

Since I was in VW workshop, I also did the following.

1) Topped up 500ml of Engine oil for Rs.450.
2) Fixed that long pending door sil plates.
3) Had some minor door rattles on the left handside. Got it checked. They reckon its coming from the door pad joints to the actual door. They are liasing with VW on this and would fix my car, once they have the required info. The sound is very minor, but can be heard when going over potholes with your HU switched off.

Overall, a very satisfied visit to VW service centre.
Seems like the left hand side rattling issues are a general concern in Vento, a couple of my friends are also complaining about it.

You mention here that you topped the engine oil, so does this mean that the TDI engine drank 500 ml of engine oil in approximately 4800 km run ?
evilshantanu is offline   Reply With Quote