Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 2nd May 2014, 13:33   #136
Senior - BHPian

Smile re: Tata Indica Vista Aura Petrol, VFM proven! EDIT: Sold

@Ajay,

Sad to know about the breakdown but glad to know that Tata service has improved by leaps and bounds. I have read all your posts on the Vista and looking at the way you maintain the car it is understandable for the people to look amazed when they see the car.

But couldnt understand the arm twisting tactics of charging Rs 550/- to kick start the towing process. One question, does Tata have RSA and whether you had opted for the same?

Hope the car gets delivered in the original state and may you continue to amaze with the Vista.
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2014, 14:00   #137
Senior - BHPian

Default re: Tata Indica Vista Aura Petrol, VFM proven! EDIT: Sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
This sure is impressive. Possibly the sign of things to come with th Zest and Bolt launch around the corner.
Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Impressive systems in place indeed.Praises for TML, based on your report.
Yeah, even being a Tata customer for last 5 years, I was really shocked to get such super treatment at every step. I guess they are really gearing up for the Bolt and Zest launch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
@Ajay,

Sad to know about the breakdown but glad to know that Tata service has improved by leaps and bounds. I have read all your posts on the Vista and looking at the way you maintain the car it is understandable for the people to look amazed when they see the car.

But couldnt understand the arm twisting tactics of charging Rs 550/- to kick start the towing process. One question, does Tata have RSA and whether you had opted for the same?

Hope the car gets delivered in the original state and may you continue to amaze with the Vista.
Thanks for the compliments.

Absolutely arm twisting tactics! And when the customer stuck in an emergency, he/she has no option other than opting for it. Why can't they offer these products/schemes regularly! But besides this one minor problem IMO, the overall customer care experience was just super.

The customer care person assigned to my complain called me 3 times, first time to check if the tow truck has reached the spot, second if we reached the service centre properly and 3rd time to inform me that they have informed the CRM of the service centre.

Just received a call from the SA who told me that the car is almost ready. He is checking everything to see if there are any other problems due to wear and tear at 52K kms.
ajay_satpute is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2014, 10:12   #138
Senior - BHPian

The car is home all spick-and-span.

Following items were replaced/repaired:

1) Clutch plate: ~3000/-
2) Starter Motor: ~7100/-
3) Front LHS fog lamp: ~200/-
4) A/C cleaning: 100/-

Total bill came out to be around ~13,000/
- INR including all taxes and labour.

The SA had suggested that the starter motor can either be repaired in parts (bushes,etc...) or can be replaced with a brand new one. I told him to replace it with a new one, as the car was already 52,000 KMs on the odo.

Since petrol Tata cars are a rare breed, the starter motor for the same was not in stock with the dealer. He communicated with all dealers in Pune and it was not there in stock with any TML dealer in Pune. So he informed me that it will take at least 3-4 days to receive the new motor from TML, which annoyed me a bit. The SA thought that I would give a negative feedback due to the delay in procuring the motor. So it seems he called up Concorde Motors in Mumbai, who had the motor in stock. All this communication happened on Saturday. So I thought that anyway this would not be done until Monday EOD. Surprisingly I got a call from the SA on Sunday afternoon that the car is ready.

I asked him to confirm that he IS talking about my car and not some other car. He confirmed the same and told me that his CRM called up CONCORDE's manager in Mumbai, who put the motor all packed in the Mumbai-Pune Volvo bus which started from Mumbai at 5 AM. The motor reached the service center at 11 and the fitting was done in the next 1.5 hours. Quite a surprise !
I reached the service center at around 4 and the car was ready. I paid the bill and walked out satisfactorily, to an extent.

Now the car has new Clutch cable, clutch pads, starter motor, all new lamps and transmission system revamped to an extent. The car feels almost like a new one and the gear changes are super smooth. I almost felt like driving a different car today to office, which put a smile on the face.

I also wanted to change the seat covers and exchange the spare tyre with the front LHS tyre. But these two jobs were not done by the centre by giving some lame excuses. That is why I said satisfied to an extent.

Overall, a good job by the SA and the centre.

Last edited by ajay_satpute : 5th May 2014 at 10:16.
ajay_satpute is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2014, 11:25   #139
BHPian

Ajay,
That is one heck of a review and awesome service by Tata Motors.Truly this car is value for money.I happen to read your thread in one shot and my perception towards Tata have had a meteoric shift for good.Some times I really feel that "Tata is more sinned than sinning".Please keep up this crisp review and it will really bebefit others
cotterpin is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2014, 07:23   #140
BHPian

Hi all
I am in the process of buying a new car, a petrol hatch. Checked out all models and zeroed down on vista petrol. To my shock the dealer in Kolkata said that the production of updated Vista petrol is currently stopped. He was ready to give me a vista made in oct nov 2013 (non updated lying in stockyard.). Feel very very sorry as this car was liked by me and all my family and now I will be forced to buy a different brand.
Can you guys tell me if this is true or is it a gimmick to offload old stock??
Any ways how bad will a older model be??
Thanks
norhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2014, 10:52   #141
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cotterpin View Post
Ajay,
That is one heck of a review and awesome service by Tata Motors.Truly this car is value for money.I happen to read your thread in one shot and my perception towards Tata have had a meteoric shift for good.Some times I really feel that "Tata is more sinned than sinning".Please keep up this crisp review and it will really bebefit others
Thanks. I am glad you liked the report.

Quote:
Originally Posted by norhog View Post
Hi all
He was ready to give me a vista made in oct nov 2013 (non updated lying in stockyard.). Can you guys tell me if this is true or is it a gimmick to offload old stock?? Thanks
Oct-Nov 2013 is like almost 8 months old already. Please avoid.

Even though I own a petrol Vista and it has served me really well, I would still suggest go for the Vista QJD if you can. There is nothing like the Vista D90/Tech. The interiors are super (inherited from the Manza Club class) and better in terms of parts availability and long-term ownership. I was told by all dealers that Tata petrol vehicles' parts are hard to find when needed. Its not like TML does not have those. Its just that the dealers dont keep a ready stock of petrol vehicles' parts, as they do of diesel vehicles' parts.

All the best !
ajay_satpute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2014, 12:12   #142
Senior - BHPian

ODO reading: 58050 KMs

I finally changed the tyres on my Vista. Having had a great experience throughout the 58k KMs, I replaced the stock Bridgestones with Bridgestones again.

I got a good deal at Shree Tyres at Chandani chowk which is a Bridgestone Select shop. The original price of one tyre of 175/70 R 13 is 4,300/-. I paid a final amount of 15,600/- for 4 tyres along with alignment/balancing and new weights and new valves.

The ride from the store to home was so much better and smooth. There is a 3 years warranty on the tyres, which does not includes punctures and side wall cuts, obviously.

The spare tyre is in very good condition still, so did not replace that. The store guys checked the spare tyres for punctures and general wear-tear and filled air and put it back in the boot, without me telling them anything at all. This was a good gesture on their part.
Old 3rd November 2014, 16:24   #143
Senior - BHPian

I forgot to mention that I bought the Bridgestone B290 make of the tyres. B290 were launched a year ago in India as the successor of B250 series. I wanted to continue with the saem S322 series which was the stock one on my Vista. But, Bridgestone has discontinued S322 series in less than 15 inches categories.

The tread pattern of B290 is slightly different than the S322, but still good.

Even though the store guys did do alignment and balancing, I will have to spend on alignment again when I give my car for next servicing. There is a play in both front suspensions, so I am going to ask SA to replace suspension bushes. Two reasons, 1-Car is close to 60k on the odo and 2-there is a slight thud sound coming from the front side (RHS particularly) when the car goes into a pothole.

I already have a new battery, clutch plate, headlamps, brake plates and power window motor. So not much to do besides the standard servicing checklist at 60k.

Last edited by ajay_satpute : 3rd November 2014 at 16:28.
Old 3rd November 2014, 18:10   #144
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
ODO reading: 58050 KMs

I finally changed the tyres on my Vista. Having had a great experience throughout the 58k KMs, I replaced the stock Bridgestones with Bridgestones again...
Quote:
I forgot to mention that I bought the Bridgestone B290 make of the tyres. B290 were launched a year ago in India as the successor of B250 series. I wanted to continue with the saem S322 series which was the stock one on my Vista.
I already have a new battery, clutch plate, headlamps, brake plates and power window motor. So not much to do besides the standard servicing checklist at 60k.
Hey AJ, congrats on the new shoes! Thats wonderful mileage for the original set of tires! Given the list of recent refreshments, that leaves only oil change for 60k service. Always pleasant to read about your car. One of the most pampered and documented Vistas I must say.

OT, on Saturday I went to Shree Tires too. To check on some decent alloys. First of all, he quoted flat 1k less than what Lokmanya tires (In front of Garware collage on the road to SM Joshi bridge) had quoted (17.5k vs 18.5k). But, sadly the fellow that was manning the store at that time was least bothered about making any sale. He showed me only TWO wheels which were worse than my stock wheel-caps. And refused to even show the catalog / online list. Was quite a turn-off. Maybe I'll visit the Baner store of Shree tires. I think that does more business and has more stock of alloys too.
Reinhard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2014, 20:49   #145
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Hey AJ, congrats on the new shoes! Thats wonderful mileage for the original set of tires! Given the list of recent refreshments, that leaves only oil change for 60k service. Always pleasant to read about your car. One of the most pampered and documented Vistas I must say.

OT, on Saturday I went to Shree Tires too. To check on some decent alloys. First of all, he quoted flat 1k less than what Lokmanya tires had quoted (17.5k vs 18.5k). I think that does more business and has more stock of alloys too.
Thanks a lot for the compliments. I try my best to maintain the car as much as possible. It is my daily mode of transport to office, so there is no option other than maintaining it well. Besides I hate to go by company bus.

Shree tyres had also given me super deal on alloys compared to 2 other shops. Only difference was that when i had been there for the alloys, the owner himself was present. So things went smooth.

I hope my Vista serves me same way for another 20k Kms at least. Then i can think of an upgrade. Fingers crossed.

Lastly, if you had not had that weird accident, your car was also very well maintained and one of the best on the forum. You seem to be inclined towards the Storme. What's up with that?
Old 4th November 2014, 11:39   #146
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Lastly, if you had not had that weird accident, your car was also very well maintained and one of the best on the forum. You seem to be inclined towards the Storme. What's up with that?
Yeah.. @accident. And it made me love my car even more! As for the Storme, I intended to buy it while keeping the Vista. Just can't think of parting with her in even distant future. However, the recent visit for service at Concorde Motors, was a big turn-off and kind of reminded me of what all can happen to a car. And I don't think I can survive it with a Safari that costs more than a million. There isn't any other reason to upgrade from the Vista other than "I want a Safari". So for now, the plan is shelved. In a way Concorde saved me a million rupees perhaps .
Reinhard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2014, 11:48   #147
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
However, the recent visit for service at Concorde Motors, was a big turn-off and kind of reminded me of what all can happen to a car. In a way Concorde saved me a million rupees perhaps .
And that is why I have booked my service appointment with Pandit Auto this time. I cannot go to Concorde for servicing and then get the free dents gifted by the super drivers at the service centre.

Usually, service centre relationship managers/executives call up after the servicing is done and ask for your feedback. I had also got a call from the relationship person of Concorde, but not for feedback. She had called me to ask if I wanted to exchange my Vista for a Safari or something. So basically, Concorde don't even care for customer feedback now.
Old 8th April 2015, 10:43   #148
Senior - BHPian

65000 KMs update

The car has been dropped at Concorde Motors for 65000 KMs servicing.

I had bought AMC at 46k KMs, which will give me standard items in any service free of cost this time.
  • All filters
  • Engine oil
  • Brake oil
  • Wheel alignment & balancing
  • Washing
  • AC Cleaning
  • and a few more

I have to pay for the following:
  • Suspension bushes
  • Front bumper LHS clip
  • Centre console AC vent rotary switch
  • 4th Gear making some noise

The car should be done by evening hopefully, since there are no major repairs required/requested.
Old 9th April 2015, 10:42   #149
Senior - BHPian

The car is back in pristine condition.

The final service list included the following:

1) New ball joints of the front shocks
2) Wiper & washer kit (including new spray jets, wiper liquid tube and tank)
3) Rear RHS power window switch
4) Front bumper clip
5) Few rattles from Dashboard & steering column
6) Engine Oil
7) All kinds of filters
8) Wheel alignment + balancing
9) AC vent issue

Total bill: 6,374/- INR

Points # 6 to 9 were covered under AMC, so free.

The mechanics of the car have improved considerably now. Steering feel, brakes, and zero rattles. AC is awesome ! The summer is going to get hotter day by day, so it was a good timing to get the AC repaired. It chills in few seconds now. I had to infact reduce the fan speed from 2 to 1.

The only complaint was the below average cleaning effort. The car's interiors were not cleaned at all. When I complained, the SA got some kids to wipe the seats & dashboard with a semi-wet cloth. Not impressed at this half-hearted attempt.

Overall service experience: 8/10.

It seems Bolt is not doing well at all. People who come to check out Bolt, leave the showroom with the Zest in their mind. Tata has killed their own baby, with silly pricing I think.

Infact, I saw 3 people booking the Vista, most probably for Taxi purposes.

I also saw a completed mangled, shattered, destroyed Storme in the service bay. I cannot imagine what must have happened to reduce a vehicle like Storme to such a state. It probably would have fallen down a cliff.
Old 9th April 2015, 15:03   #150
BHPian

Quote:
Absolutely arm twisting tactics! And when the customer stuck in an emergency, he/she has no option other than opting for it. Why can't they offer these products/schemes regularly! But besides this one minor problem IMO, the overall customer care experience was just super.
RSA is provided without cost while you have warranty coverage. To be fair to TML, they don't jack up the price just because you are stranded and/or need the tow service immediately. And you could pay the RSA annual fees along with the service fees at TASS.
The only issue I see is that they don't push this RSA package more aggressively around the time the warranty runs over. I wonder, why can't they come up with a simple bundle/package including AMC, RSA etc for vehicles which are at the end of warranty. They should have a discussion on this with the customer during the last service within the warranty period.
skumare is offline   Reply With Quote