Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 9th April 2015, 22:04   #151
Senior - BHPian

Default re: Tata Indica Vista Aura Petrol, VFM proven! EDIT: Sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by skumare View Post
RSA is provided without cost while you have warranty coverage. To be fair to TML, they don't jack up the price just because you are stranded and/or need the tow service immediately. And you could pay the RSA annual fees along with the service fees at TASS.
The only issue I see is that they don't push this RSA package more aggressively around the time the warranty runs over. I wonder, why can't they come up with a simple bundle/package including AMC, RSA etc for vehicles which are at the end of warranty. They should have a discussion on this with the customer during the last service within the warranty period.
Exactly my point. They should be talking about these schemes when customers are in the showrooms for a regular services, when they are in relaxed mood.

I have no complaints against Tata at all, except that this whole thing should be managed in well manner.
ajay_satpute is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2015, 22:26   #152
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post

But couldnt understand the arm twisting tactics of charging Rs 550/- to kick start the towing process. One question, does Tata have RSA and whether you had opted for the same?
550 (the package amount) is quite reasonable (to the point where it encourages adverse selection - now instead of buying it pre emptively, people will buy it only if there is a problem). Also note that myTVS (the vendor here) is selling the same service for 1.5K!

I recall sometime in 2011 when i had to call Tata 24x7 to get my car out of a ditch, and a pair of local mechs turned up on a bike, and asked for a rather obscene amount, which got negotiated down to an extremely reasonable amount after we agreed to handle it offline.

Last edited by greenhorn : 9th April 2015 at 22:34.
greenhorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2015, 11:15   #153
Senior - BHPian

70000 KMs update.

The car has completed another milestone of 70K kms. Nothing major to report.

Tata Indica Vista Aura Petrol, VFM proven! EDIT: Sold-20150811_201921.jpg

The only thing that needs to be worked upon is the front suspension. The RHS side makes a dhud-dhud sound while going over/through bumps/potholes. The bushes must be replaced is what I feel.

This one was clicked today morning just after the wash:

Tata Indica Vista Aura Petrol, VFM proven! EDIT: Sold-20150820_095503.jpg
ajay_satpute is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2015, 23:19   #154

Hi Ajay,

I just bought my first car, a Tata, recently and am not very happy with the way my dealer has handled the sales process. That makes me wonder if I should trust the same dealer (Pandit, Pimpri) with the scheduled services as well.

Going through your wonderfully detailed ownership thread, I realized that you have been switching TASSes all along.

Will it be possible for you to share some insight into the quality of service given by various TASS that you have used? Not a very detailed list but some preference order will be really useful.

BTW, the only two places that I knew I could get my car serviced before reading your thread are Pandit, Pimpri and Concorde, Baner. Please feel free to suggest/add to this list.

Thanks in advance.
himarg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2015, 09:10   #155
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himarg View Post
Hi Ajay,

Will it be possible for you to share some insight into the quality of service given by various TASS that you have used? Not a very detailed list but some preference order will be really useful.

Thanks in advance.
Here's a list of all TASSs and third party garages I have taken my Vista to:

1) Pandit, Tilak Road
2) Pandit, Katraj
3) Concorde, Baner
4) Balaji Motors, Aundh
5) Tune Up Plus

I have had mixed experience at all of these places, so no one is a clear winner. However, I would recommend Tune Up Plus higher than others.

Location of Tune Up Plus: https://www.google.co.in/maps/place/...e00399bd4648c5

If your car is still under warranty, then I think stick to Concorde, Baner and be vigilant, loud and clear about what you want out of the service.

Cheers !
ajay_satpute is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2015, 23:04   #156
Senior - BHPian

Finally a great and emotional relationship comes to an end. I left my 72k kms young Vista at the Nexa dealer today evening at 7:30 pm, 9-Nov-2015.

Last photo with the Vista before we left for Nexa showroom. :(

Both kids at home, my daughter and my nephew, knew only Vista as a car since their birth. Now both of them know a lot of other cars but Vista remains near and dear to them and all at home. Lots of lovely memories attached to the car being the first car in family.

The car never failed me except only once. Even when it failed once, i got brilliant service from Tata. So at the end of it, there is seriously no regret whatsoever. Fantastic product from Tata only lost its market share due to perception of Indian customers.

BTW, I am exchanging my beloved Vista for a Suzuki S Cross 1.3 Zeta. The new car is scheduled to be delivered on 20th Nov.

Bye bye Vista. Hope she finds an owner as passionate and caring as i was with her. Whoever gets it will be very lucky to get such a pristine condition car at 72k+ kms.

Cheers !!!
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Indica Vista Aura Petrol, VFM proven! EDIT: Sold-1447089949641.jpg  

ajay_satpute is online now   (7) Thanks Reply With Quote