Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 21st February 2012, 10:27   #106
Senior - BHPian

Default re: Tata Indica Vista Aura Petrol, VFM proven! EDIT: Sold

^^^ Thank you Guderian Sir ji.

I do try my best to keep her all healthy and shining. I have collected almost all sorts of detailing products and try to a DIY when I get time.

I wonder why you thought I had the turtle for lunch.

Update: I have zeroed in on a new 2 DIN HU of JVC. Here's the link Double-DIN CD Receiver KW-XR616 | CD Receiver | Car Audio | JVC India. I will get this fixed by next week.

Here's the pic of 25k on the odo

Tata Indica Vista Aura Petrol, VFM proven! EDIT: Sold-photo.jpg
ajay_satpute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2012, 14:20   #107
BHPian

Hi Ajay,
Many congratulations for the 25K km mark!
Please let us know the time it took for you to reach this.

I wanted to ask you about the clay treatment you mentioned for the paint surfaces.
Can you please point me to the right direction?
Thanks,
Cheers.
Monaro CV8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2012, 18:45   #108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monaro CV8 View Post
Hi Ajay,
Many congratulations for the 25K km mark!
Please let us know the time it took for you to reach this.

I wanted to ask you about the clay treatment you mentioned for the paint surfaces.
Can you please point me to the right direction?
Thanks,
Cheers.
Thanks Satyen. I took a leisurely 2 years and 7 months to complete 25k. I guess the decision to buy petrol was wise.

Regarding clay bar treatment, its a DIY job. I ordered the clay bar from ebay http://www.ebay.in/itm/Mothers-Calif...item256aa8e60a. You will find all the instructions on the kit regarding how to apply the kit. Believe me, it works wonders. Worth a try.
ajay_satpute is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th February 2012, 14:32   #109
Senior - BHPian

Another visit to the 3M car care and the result is same, outstanding. The only difference was the price for everything has gone up by ~10% . I paid 440/- for the foam wash (399+ taxes).

Tata Indica Vista Aura Petrol, VFM proven! EDIT: Sold-dsc00788.jpg

Tata Indica Vista Aura Petrol, VFM proven! EDIT: Sold-dsc00790.jpg

Tata Indica Vista Aura Petrol, VFM proven! EDIT: Sold-dsc00791.jpg

Vista's Cat eyes

Tata Indica Vista Aura Petrol, VFM proven! EDIT: Sold-vista_cat_eyes.jpg

Last edited by ajay_satpute : 29th February 2012 at 14:36.
Old 1st March 2012, 10:43   #110
BHPian

Congrats on crossing the 25,000 kms mark. I will also catch up with you shortly .

And again, the car looks fabulous.
TSEA is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2012, 10:48   #111
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSEA View Post
Congrats on crossing the 25,000 kms mark. I will also catch up with you shortly .

And again, the car looks fabulous.
Thanks TSEA!

Well, the last set of photos were taken immediately after the awesome foam wash that 3M guys give. So it had to look better than normal.

I wanted to change the HU to JVC-KW-416, but the price of that has gone up by almost 1k. So HU plan is postponed for a while.

There was this 'karr karr..." sound coming from the RHS, as if the body was lose from the chasis, but that sound has disappeared suddenly. So I will now wait for another 1-2k Kms before servicing the car.

Absolutely zero issues with the car! "I am lovin it"
Old 18th June 2012, 15:59   #112
Senior - BHPian

30,000 KMs update.

Honestly, not much to update. The car is running smooth, better pick-up, FE is settled at 13.5 avg.

I observed a hint of rusting near the battery area in the engine bay. Will need to take a look at this properly and report the issue to TASS, if its an issue. The car already has fully synthetic oil, so no oil change for another 15k KMs.

I have got the under-body coating done from 3M 2 weeks back. So the rains won't trouble much this time around, I assume.

The only thing on card is new shoes. I was lucky enough to get Bridgestones as stock on my Vista. They have done well, but I dont think that I can retain these too long. Will get them changed soon. Michelin XM2 is on mind.

Here's one snap from yesterday's TBHP meet:

Tata Indica Vista Aura Petrol, VFM proven! EDIT: Sold-vista.jpg
Old 23rd July 2012, 14:50   #113
Senior - BHPian

Since the rain God decided to take a break, took my Vista to 3M for the foam wash. The wash was very much needed as a lot of mud had gathered all over the car and had started to become hard.

As usual, 3M impresses me to the core. The job was done immaculately and on time. Mr. Swapnil pays a lot of attention to details himself while the staff is cleaning the car. This is my 5th foam wash at 3M. Before this I have done 4 foam washes, 1 underbody coating with 3 years warranty, 1 exterior paint sealant treatment, interior SUPERB package, 2 pillows, 1 set of 25 3M WIPES useful to wipe off dust from the dash.

Some pics post the wash:

Tata Indica Vista Aura Petrol, VFM proven! EDIT: Sold-dsc04020.jpg

Tata Indica Vista Aura Petrol, VFM proven! EDIT: Sold-dsc04021.jpg

Name:  DSC04022.JPG
Views: 2114
Size:  180.3 KB

Tata Indica Vista Aura Petrol, VFM proven! EDIT: Sold-dsc04023.jpg
Old 25th July 2012, 23:16   #114
BHPian

Smile re: Tata Indica Vista Aura Petrol, VFM proven! EDIT: Sold

Wow AJ, Superbly maintained car, no one will say it has already crunched 30K and rearing for more!!!.
Your ownership thread was one of the key decision makers, when I bought my Safire90 on Jan'11, just 500km short of 10K. A Big Thank you for that
3M indeed does a brilliant job. I go to one at Seawoods, Navi Mumbai. Already done the Under body (3 Years), a paint sealant and 2 Foam washs. All I can say is, they are definitely
Arunshek is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2012, 09:54   #115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arunshek View Post
Wow AJ, Superbly maintained car, no one will say it has already crunched 30K and rearing for more!!!.
Your ownership thread was one of the key decision makers, when I bought my Safire90 on Jan'11, just 500km short of 10K. A Big Thank you for that
3M indeed does a brilliant job. I go to one at Seawoods, Navi Mumbai. Already done the Under body (3 Years), a paint sealant and 2 Foam washs. All I can say is, they are definitely
Thanks Anushek.

I am happy that you benefited from my very basic ownership report. The car is a very good product from the Tata stable, unlike the common impressions that everyone in this country have. I have had absolutely no issues with this car so far.

Hope you also have a niggle-free and enjoyable journey with yours. BTW, have you started your own thread? IMO, there is not a single report on Safire90 Vista on TBHP. Do start one if have not already done it. Looking forward for some nice pics too.

All the best.
Old 2nd August 2012, 18:16   #116
Senior - BHPian

Car completed 3 years yesterday, 1st August 2012.

As you are ready to celebrate the yearly b'day, the insurance guys give you a call and remind you about renewal and what is the new IDV of the car. So insurance was renewed last week.

The current IDV stands at 2.56 lacs and Premium amount = 7,536/- (after 35% NCB). Insurer is Bajaj Allianz.
Old 6th November 2012, 17:20   #117
Senior - BHPian

Default Indica Vista Aura-Petrol-EDIT- 33,500 KMs completed

My Vista came back from its 33k service. This time I chose to get the servicing done from Phoenix Automobile @ Katraj, which is a TASC. Here are the contact details:

PHOENIX AUTOMOBILES - PUNE ( TASC )
Address : SURVEY NO 70/2/1/1, GYANESHWAR GARAGE COMPOUND, AMBE GAON ROAD
PUNE 411046
Phone : 020 - 60608080

The service experience was excellent overall, better than Pandit Auto. The car was picked up and dropped back right on time.

List of items to be worked upon:
1) New brake pads
2) Cleaning of drums
3) New parcel trey (was making a weird sound all the time due to a crack)
4) LHS rear door's power window switch not working (detailed story later in the post)
5) AC cleaning
6) Engine oil
7) Air filter, fuel filter
8) New rear wiper
9) General servicing

All the listed work was done well and I received a call from the SE every 1-2 hours asking my permission to replace parts and if I was OK with the prices. I like that.

The total bill was 8560/-.

Now the LHS power window story:
During one of our team lunches, one of the colleague boarded my car while coming back to office from the restaurant. She banged the door really hard while boarding. I was OK with that, since it was the first time. After reaching office parking, I told everyone to get off so that I could park the car in a tight spot. And this time, she closed the door with a such a bang that everyone of us and other people around thought that I hit a pillar or something. I was totally pissed off at this behaviour. So I parked the car and started rolling up windows and realized that the power window on the "banged" door won't move. DAMN! Myself and another colleague tried everything to pull up the window, but nothing worked.

So I went to a local garage on Baner road and asked him to pull up the window somehow and then I will take care of the rest. He did that promptly, by unlocking the window glass from a lock at the bottom inside the door and then pulling it up manually and fixing it at the fully closed position.

So the car was sent to the service center the next day. The SE called me and said that whole power window system on the LHS rear door had conked off and even the fuses on the main driver-side panel were blown out. He suggested that the whole panel on the driver side and the system on the LHS rear door has to be replaced. I gave a green signal. The new system is now excellently backlit on all doors with a new power window lock switch. I don't when people will learn how to close the doors of any car.

I had also asked for front bumper painting, but the SE quoted 2600/- for the same. I cancelled that plan and I think I can easily live with the current state of the bumper.

Vista is now ready to rock and roll for the holiday season.
Old 6th November 2012, 21:56   #118
BHPian

Dear ajay_satpute have gone through the latest post and am indeed in shock. How can people have such a callous and disrespectful attitude towards cars. When it happens to them on their cars they'll scream at you and when they do it to someone else's car they don't feel anything. It was bad but the only silver lining is that you got a new one in place. These people will never learn from their mistakes and as it is known we have to move on. But anyways your ownership log has been excellent and really keen with good attention to details.
tacho9000 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2012, 10:13   #119
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacho9000 View Post
Dear ajay_satpute have gone through the latest post and am indeed in shock. How can people have such a callous and disrespectful attitude towards cars. When it happens to them on their cars they'll scream at you and when they do it to someone else's car they don't feel anything. It was bad but the only silver lining is that you got a new one in place. These people will never learn from their mistakes and as it is known we have to move on. But anyways your ownership log has been excellent and really keen with good attention to details.
Thanks techo9000.

The main purpose of keeping the thread upto date is to track back when needed. Its easier to go through these pages than searching for physical service bills and other documents. Call me lazy, may be.

Regarding the attitude, its really weird why most people do that. I am absolutely OK even if they don't shut the door. I will happily do that myself.
Old 8th March 2013, 10:19   #120
Senior - BHPian

My Vista crossed 37,000 KMs mark yesterday morning. The car is running fine ,without any critical failures and without any part replacements. The FE is around 14 kmpl now, with consistent use of Shell Super petrol. It really makes a difference.

Tata Indica Vista Aura Petrol, VFM proven! EDIT: Sold-20130307_090524.jpg

The stock Bridgestone tyres have another 10-15k life in them as per the tyre dealers. So will look to change to new tyres around Diwali time.

Cheers,
Ajay

Last edited by ajay_satpute : 8th March 2013 at 10:30.