Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 4th June 2013, 15:07   #121
Senior - BHPian

Default re: Tata Indica Vista Aura Petrol, VFM proven! EDIT: Sold

Came back from a ~400 drive yesterday. The route was Pune-Solapur(upto Indapur)-Akluj road.

I must say the road is just fabulous. Only till the Hadapsar junction and the first toll from Pune side, the road is either very congested or crappy. From the first toll booth onwards, its pure pleasure. But the toll is steep and you have to pay it 3 times (30/-, 50/- and 85/-) at least till Indapur.

Vista was as usual very comfortable and solid throughout. I never drove past 100 KMPH so cannot really say about Vista's high speed behavior. I had 4 co-passengers and all of them were very comfortable too, especially the 3 on the rear seat. The AC chilling was perfect in extreme hot conditions. The average FE was around 18.2 KMPL (Petrol).

The odo reading is now very close to 40k milestone.

I changed the wiper blades, got the discs cleaned, got the wheel aligment, balancing and rotation done and topped up all the consumables except engine oil, which was done in the recent servicing. So Vista is all set for Monsoon torture.

The Bridgestone Select shop engineer told me that the stock Bridgestones can go for another 10k KMS maximum. So, will start planning now regarding changing the shoes. I am also planning to up the diameter one inch, from 13 to 14. The engineer suggested Yokohama A Drives 185/60 14 along with Plati alloys (red lipped). Bridgestone select shops have an offer going on right now. The combo of 4 185/60 14 Inches tyres along with 4 alloyws is being offered at 33,000/-. There is also a scope for negotiation.
ajay_satpute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2013, 17:14   #122
Senior - BHPian

Cool! 18.2 with current summer & 5 pax is an awesome FE. That SAFIRE sure is well looked after

185/60 R14 is good. Even that looks "just about doing the job" given the size of the car sitting on them. R15s is what those huge wheel wells deserve in my opinion.

Your post reminds me - I need to replace the rear wiper blade and get philips Extreme Power for the low beams. The Stock Osrams are just like candles in monsoons. Even after the heavy shunt that redesigned all of the engine bay, all 8 bulbs in various forward positions survived...including the Osrams...

PS - I changed the horns to Roots Windtones too. Our car comes with provision for 2 horns already - so no relay required. I didn't know this bit!
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2014, 16:13   #123
Senior - BHPian

47,000 KMs report

I dropped my Vista at Balaji Garage, Aundh this time for servicing. They are Tata Motors' authorised service centre and also the nearest service centre from my office.

There was a big to-do list this time, since I was lazy enough to drop the car for servicing at 40K.
  1. New low-beam bulbs
  2. New filters
  3. New battery
  4. Engine oil, brake oil, power steering oil
  5. Wheel balancing and alignment
  6. All filters
  7. Rear RHS power window slow operation
  8. Wind-shield washer nozzle choked
  9. AC cleaning

I reached the place at 9:30 AM. SA Mr. Bharat welcomed me to the centre, which was first time for me at any Tata service centre. He dully noted down all my complaints and suggestions. He also suggested me against replacing few parts unnecessarily and said that he will inform me whether there is a need to replace things.

Overall, he seemed knowledgeable about everything that is needed for my car at current ODO reading. He showed me complete service history of my car from the Tata's website. I must say the data was very detailed and accurate to the last decimal place.

SA promised that the car will be ready at 5:30 PM with all points covered from the to-do list above and plus whatever run-time escalations would be there. He gave me exact bill amount that I would need to pay and said he will call me after 2 hours to inform about additional expenses which might occur at the time of actual inspection. He did give me a call after 2 hours and told me that there will be few minor additional costs and mentioned the exact cost to me. He asked me whether I was fine with the new changes, which is what I expect.

I got a call at 4:30 PM that the car is ready and has gone for a wash and will be ready by 5:15 PM. So I reached the centre at 5:45 and saw the car all shining in glory and ready to rock again.

The SA showed me all the changes they had made and the parts which were serviced. I checked everything, as if I was taking a delivery of new car based on our TBHP checklist. Everything was spot on. Before making the final payment, we went on a small TD and I was really happy with the way the car was moving and sounding, almost like day one.

We returned to the centre and I made the payment by card. Total bill amount was around ~8,400/- The whole payment process took hardly few minutes and I left the service centre thoroughly satisfied.

I would surely recommend this service centre for all Tata vehicle owners in the vicinity. Overall rating: 8/10

Last edited by ajay_satpute : 13th January 2014 at 16:20.
ajay_satpute is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2014, 16:27   #124
Distinguished - BHPian

Your experience sounds quite fuss free and smooth. Looks like Tata is thoroughly revamping its ASCs and is serious in sorting out its lose ends at the customer's end. Considering the job to be done and a battery replacement, 8400/- looks very reasonable too.

But why did you rate 8/10? Anything that you did not like?

On another note, a score of less than 8 is probably not acceptable in terms of ASCs AFAIK. But I understand that is a different scale altogether.

Regards.
saket77 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2014, 16:28   #125
Distinguished - BHPian

@Ajay, feels good to hear about the car. Touch Wood ! Here's wishing you many more years & miles of happy driving. A good TASS & SA makes a huge difference, something I have experienced in a positive way.

Suggest to edit the title to show the current running of 47k.
condor is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2014, 17:19   #126
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Your experience sounds quite fuss free and smooth. Looks like Tata is thoroughly revamping its ASCs and is serious in sorting out its lose ends at the customer's end. Considering the job to be done and a battery replacement, 8400/- looks very reasonable too.

But why did you rate 8/10? Anything that you did not like?
Yup. The entire experience from day one has been very satisfactory. I rated it 8/10 based on my own logic, nothing to do with their system. The service centre lost 2 points due to a small scratch on the front grill and the headlight and steering adjustment is not accurate. I am going back to rectify these issues, but nothing critical at all. I can live with these minor issues for sure.

I will again say it. The Tata products are not bad at all. The service experience brings down the overall ownership pleasure. But again, not all service centres are bad. We should not bash a brand left-right, just based on perceptions or hear-say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
@Ajay, feels good to hear about the car. Touch Wood ! Here's wishing you many more years & miles of happy driving. A good TASS & SA makes a huge difference, something I have experienced in a positive way.

Suggest to edit the title to show the current running of 47k.
Thanks condor. I am a very satisfied Tata customer, which makes me a rare breed.

And I have already suggested regarding change of title.
ajay_satpute is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2014, 19:14   #127
Senior - BHPian

Crossed a huge milestone on 10th April 2014 in the evening.

Tata Indica Vista Aura Petrol, VFM proven! EDIT: Sold-20140408_211534.jpg

It may sound cliché, but the car is running absolutely fine without any issues. Touch wood, metal, plastic...whatever.

The FE is now down to around 12.5-13 kmpl, thanks to the extremely hectic commute across the city. I have to mention about the brakes. The brakes on my Vista have been just fabulous. There were few emergency braking situations and the car stopped without a fuss. Mind you, mine is without ABS.

The stupid parcel tray is rattling a bit. Besides that, there are no rattles. The tyres are still in good condition and need not be changed for another 10k KMs as per Bridgestone Select and Michelin tyre shops. I wonder why both these guys did not try to persuade me to buy new set of tyres.

Recent snap of my Vista, clicked from a 12 stories building's terrace

Tata Indica Vista Aura Petrol, VFM proven! EDIT: Sold-vista_29_nov.jpg
ajay_satpute is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2014, 14:40   #128
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
47,000 KMs report

I dropped my Vista at Balaji Garage, Aundh this time for servicing. They are Tata Motors' authorised service centre and also the nearest service centre from my office.
First of all congrats on the 50K milestones. Feel happy to see a fellow Vista'ite, also having a trouble free ownership.
I'm also a recipient of a 20K milestone on Vista
One query since I'm also in two thoughts regarding the same. Why do you prefer TASS over a Friendly Neighborhood Garage for your car. I'm assuming you have extended warranty, if not please advice.
Arunshek is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2014, 12:28   #129
Senior - BHPian

I got the headlight and indicator bulbs replaced at TASS in Kothrud. More info: http://www.justdial.com/Pune/Wheels-...dnQgTHRk_BZDET

Pretty quick and neat job. The engineer inspected the setup, removed the dead bulbs and replaced with the new ones. They did not have Philips XV or Osram NB, but I was ok with stock bulbs. It took about 10 minutes and 220/- for the job.

They also have washing bay, if anyone is interested in. By the way, I also saw them repair other brand vehicles, so its just not Tata.

Some eye candy:

Tata Indica Vista Aura Petrol, VFM proven! EDIT: Sold-dsc_0014.jpg

Tata Indica Vista Aura Petrol, VFM proven! EDIT: Sold-dsc_0035.jpg

Last edited by ajay_satpute : 20th April 2014 at 12:42.
ajay_satpute is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2014, 17:02   #130
BHPian

Quote:
Yup. The entire experience from day one has been very satisfactory.
Dear Ajay,

Congratulations on 50k kilometers. You maintain your car very well I must say . The colour seems very very fresh till date! I really like it!

I own a punto 1.2 which also has the same engine: the FIRE 1172cc 68bhp. Just a few questions: which engine oil grade do you use? Did you ever face any issue with starting when engine is hot? Can you post a pic of the engine bay? It would be interesting to see how similar (or different) it can be under the hood, with the identical engines!

Congrats again....
lapis_lazuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2014, 10:17   #131
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapis_lazuli View Post
Dear Ajay,

Congratulations on 50k kilometers. You maintain your car very well I must say . The colour seems very very fresh till date! I really like it!

I own a punto 1.2 which also has the same engine: the FIRE 1172cc 68bhp. Just a few questions: which engine oil grade do you use? Did you ever face any issue with starting when engine is hot? Can you post a pic of the engine bay? It would be interesting to see how similar (or different) it can be under the hood, with the identical engines!

Congrats again....
Thanks for the kind words.

I have never had any issue in starting the car in any situation till date. I will surely post the pic of the engine bay soon.

Cheers!
Old 2nd May 2014, 10:28   #132
Senior - BHPian

First ever breakdown in 52000 KMs of running.

Thursday, 1-May-2014

Yesterda afternoon, while driving on the busy Law College Road in Pune, I stopped at a signal as usual and slotted into neutral. When it was about time to go, I engaged 1st gear and the car would not move. I checked handbrake, flat tyres or anything that would prevent the car from moving, but none of the above. Then I realized that the clutch had gone life-less.

I called Tata Motors 24x7 road assistance number with a bit of scepticism in mind. However, the call was received in just 2 rings. The lady on the phone asked a lot of questions and verified my car registration and all other details. After she had confirmed that my car is legitimate, she registered my complaint and gave me a complaint number. Then she told me that I had to buy a package worth 550/- , at least, to allow them to help me properly. This was a bit annoying considering the situation I was in, but I was ok with the amount. Then she put the breakdown department manager in conference who asked me the exact problem I am facing and told the lady that the car needs to be towed to the service centre.

The lady asked my permission to place an emergency request for a flat bed truck to tow the car and the 550/- RS for the package, which included 6 such emergency helps, if and when needed. I obliged and the tow truck reached the spot in flat 14 minutes from the moment I hanged up with the lady from TML. AWESOME !

The whole loading and unloading of the car on the FBT was near perfect. I was really impressed by the driver and the cleaner with their no-questions-asked attitude and total professionalism.

We reached the service centre, CONCORDE MOTORS in Baner, which was shut due to the national holiday. The security guards were already informed by the TML customer care that a vehicle is being towed. Another pleasant shock! The car was unloaded and placed properly near service bay by the tow truck guys. I took out all the stuff from the car and handed over the keys to security guards. They took a small paper shit, wrote car registration number on it and pasted it on the back of the remote lock with a tape. Man!

Then I was waiting for my wife to come and pick me up. While I was waiting, I saw that all security guards and their supervisor were having some sort of party in the cabin. They had ordered lots of Samosas and soft drinks and all. One of the guards gave me a chair to sit and also got one big glass of the soft drink and two samosas for me. Whats going on ! How come the CRM at TML dealers has improved so much and since when. Then I left for home.
ajay_satpute is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2014, 10:47   #133
Senior - BHPian

Friday, 2-May-2014

I reached the service center sharp at 9 AM and it was already in full swing. I met the service advisor designated for my car. He checked the problem and mentioned that clutch plate needs to be replaced. He said that this absolutely normal at 50,000 KMS+ odo reading. After that what he said made me really happy. He said that the car has been maintained seriously well and especially the interiors, exteriors and tyres. I told him I spend a lot of time and money to keep the car neat and the credit partly goes to TBHP. He was aware of Team-BHP and said that usually the cars with stickers kept neatly. He was shocked too see that the tyres on my car are stock tyres, looking at the great condition. He asked me twice "Are these original tyres or have you changed these recently?"

He gave me an estimate of 6,000/- for the entire repair, which I thought was reasonable. He promised that the car will be ready by 5 PM and can be dropped at my residence if needed. I told him that i will come and take it personally.

There was another pleasant shock. When I reached the service centre, a tag was hanging by the ORVM. I did not know what that was until the SA told me about it. It was a RFID tag assigned to each vehicle at the service centre. The security guard swipes it at a machine kept in his cabin. This populates their system with all vehicle details and basic problem reported by the customer. The SA just swiped the RFID card at his desk and got all the information entered by the security guard. He then added his own information, which the actual service mechanics will see on a HUGE Samsung LED inside the service bay.

There was another HUGE Samsung LED in the lounge, which was displaying each vehicle's status with green and red radio buttons against each category. The categories were like Repairs, QC, Washing, etc... This means that the customer does not have to ask anything to the SA, as the status on the LED is updated immaculately, with each phase' status (In progress, On time, halted, unavailability of spare part, etc.)

I will update the final status once the car is delivered in the evening. Till then, thanks for reading.

Cheers !
Old 2nd May 2014, 11:22   #134
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Friday, 2-May-2014

I reached the service center sharp at 9 AM and it was already in full swing. I met the service advisor designated for my car. He checked the problem and mentioned that clutch plate needs to be replaced. He said that this absolutely normal at 50,000 KMS+ odo reading. After that what he said made me really happy. He said that the car has been maintained seriously well and especially the interiors, exteriors and tyres. I told him I spend a lot of time and money to keep the car neat and the credit partly goes to TBHP. He was aware of Team-BHP and said that usually the cars with stickers kept neatly. He was shocked too see that the tyres on my car are stock tyres, looking at the great condition. He asked me twice "Are these original tyres or have you changed these recently?"

He gave me an estimate of 6,000/- for the entire repair, which I thought was reasonable. He promised that the car will be ready by 5 PM and can be dropped at my residence if needed. I told him that i will come and take it personally.

There was another pleasant shock. When I reached the service centre, a tag was hanging by the ORVM. I did not know what that was until the SA told me about it. It was a RFID tag assigned to each vehicle at the service centre. The security guard swipes it at a machine kept in his cabin. This populates their system with all vehicle details and basic problem reported by the customer. The SA just swiped the RFID card at his desk and got all the information entered by the security guard. He then added his own information, which the actual service mechanics will see on a HUGE Samsung LED inside the service bay.

There was another HUGE Samsung LED in the lounge, which was displaying each vehicle's status with green and red radio buttons against each category. The categories were like Repairs, QC, Washing, etc... This means that the customer does not have to ask anything to the SA, as the status on the LED is updated immaculately, with each phase' status (In progress, On time, halted, unavailability of spare part, etc.)

I will update the final status once the car is delivered in the evening. Till then, thanks for reading.

Cheers !
This sure is impressive. Possibly the sign of things to come with th Zest and Bolt launch around the corner.
extreme_torque is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2014, 12:28   #135
Distinguished - BHPian

Impressive systems in place indeed. That is a customer's delight! Just if a few more good reports on TML's service start pouring in, we can assume that this time TML is serious about what it is doing. Even if that is the effect of the Zest & the Bolt, let it be; it is a welcome change. Praises for TML, based on your report.
saket77 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote