Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 18th August 2011, 13:06   #271
Team-BHP Support
 
noopster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 8,665
Thanked: 9,195 Times
Default Re: Skoda Laura DSG CR 140- Ownership Experience.*UPDATE* 15k Kms Service Report pg.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
Feedback forms!
Hmmm...as you said, it keeps the customer engaged... .
Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
After experiencing Fiat's feedback calls, i'd rather avoid any kind of feedback calls from manufacturers. What use are the feedback forms if they go into trashcans? They just make the car owners feel better(Atleast in case of Fiat).
My own feedback form is lying around: the other day my little one asked if she could make boats out of it.

Just clarifying, I was replying to a direct comment by Santoshbhat about whether Skoda has a formal feedback system in place. Appears that they do, from Swanand's experience.

The actual "engagement" process by all accounts is mediocre for VAG in general.
noopster is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2011, 11:32   #272
BHPian
 
vinj14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Chennai
Posts: 305
Thanked: 259 Times
Default Re: Skoda Laura DSG CR 140- Ownership Experience.*UPDATE* 15k Kms Service Report pg.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
[*]A distant muted rattle from boot, again a generic issue with most Lauras. Status: It still exists on bad roads, audible with Stereo off and blower at low.
Thanks!! That faint rattle is something i also heard a few times with the a/c and the stereo off. Its weird because you sometimes go days without that rattle and it suddenly pops up. Wonder why this is? Anyways its too insignificant and occasional for it to be bothersome.


Just one question. When the engine hasnt warmed up yet (temp below 90) and i rev the engine i get a momentary rattle (somewhere from the bottom or near the rear end of the car..my guess). This lasts for about 5 mins every morning and once the engine has warmed up (temp 90) it completely dissappears. Do you have any idea why this is?
vinj14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2011, 10:54   #273
Senior - BHPian
 
VW2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: electricity
Posts: 2,568
Thanked: 2,043 Times
Default

The sound is always tuere is what i feel. Sound of the turbo may be. Check the rpm when the sound kicks in. Also is the sound more like a mix of bell like sound?
VW2010 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2011, 13:03   #274
BHPian
 
vinj14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Chennai
Posts: 305
Thanked: 259 Times
Default Re: Skoda Laura DSG CR 140- Ownership Experience.*UPDATE* 15k Kms Service Report pg.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
The sound is always tuere is what i feel. Sound of the turbo may be. Check the rpm when the sound kicks in. Also is the sound more like a mix of bell like sound?
Exactly!! the sound is brief, usually when the rpm reaches around 2000. Yes, like a mix of bell clattering sound! This common?
vinj14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2011, 22:06   #275
Team-BHP Support
 
.anshuman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Good-Gaon
Posts: 7,710
Thanked: 8,930 Times
Default Re: Skoda Laura DSG CR 140- Ownership Experience.*UPDATE* 15k Kms Service Report pg.1

Finally after delaying for months, my car gets better footwear. The Goodyear NCT5 tires that come as OE in the Laura are the weakest link considering the kinds of speeds this car can do, though my top priority always with tires is comfort. So i moved the NCT5 to my Punto, its a kind of upgrade for Punto too, since GT3 are even worse tires(but OK for kind of performance Punto has). I got Yokohama A-Drive 205/65 R15 for Laura, final cost was 5200/tire. I know this size is not the perfect upgrade from the stock size, the right upgrade size is 215/65 R15 but its not available with Yokohama and Michelin in India.

It's too early to say anything about grip but i have observed considerable improvement in Road noise, even on good roads. I felt a improvement in Ride quality too. Will update you more about the tires performance as i log on more miles.

Some Pics for now..

Skoda Laura DSG CR 140 - Ownership Experience.-aimg_4617jpegi.jpg

Skoda Laura DSG CR 140 - Ownership Experience.-img_5462.jpg
^ After cleaning the Interiors. Did you like the Daytime lights?

Skoda Laura DSG CR 140 - Ownership Experience.-img_5555.jpg

Skoda Laura DSG CR 140 - Ownership Experience.-img_5531.jpg

Skoda Laura DSG CR 140 - Ownership Experience.-img_5537.jpg

Skoda Laura DSG CR 140 - Ownership Experience.-img_5543.jpg
^ Light colored seats more comfortable than Leather but very hard to keep clean.

Name:  IMG_5523.JPG
Views: 1451
Size:  53.8 KB

Name:  IMG_5525.JPG
Views: 1428
Size:  51.3 KB

Name:  IMG_5526.JPG
Views: 1434
Size:  52.1 KB

Name:  IMG_5544c.jpg
Views: 1401
Size:  26.1 KB
^ Sound system sounds great for OE in car of this price.

Name:  IMG_5549.JPG
Views: 1425
Size:  62.1 KB
^ Formula 1 wax

Skoda Laura DSG CR 140 - Ownership Experience.-img_5551.jpg

Skoda Laura DSG CR 140 - Ownership Experience.-img_5552.jpg
^ Got 320nm too

Skoda Laura DSG CR 140 - Ownership Experience.-img_5553.jpg
.anshuman is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2011, 22:18   #276
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 1,099
Thanked: 157 Times
Default Re: Skoda Laura DSG CR 140- Ownership Experience.*UPDATE* 15k Kms Service Report pg.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
Finally after delaying for months, my car gets better footwear. The Goodyear NCT5 tires that come as OE in the Laura are the weakest link considering the kinds of speeds this car can do, though my top priority always with tires is comfort. So i moved the NCT5 to my Punto, its a kind of upgrade for Punto too, since GT3 are even worse tires(but OK for kind of performance Punto has). I got Yokohama A-Drive 205/65 R15 for Laura, final cost was 5200/tire. I know this size is not the perfect upgrade from the stock size, the right upgrade size is 215/65 R15 but its not available with Yokohama and Michelin in India.

It's too early to say anything about grip but i have observed considerable improvement in Road noise, even on good roads. I felt a improvement in Ride quality too. Will update you more about the tires performance as i log on more miles.
Any reason that you did not want to try C.Drive. Only place where A.Drive scores over them is longevity. Price is marginally higher.

See the tire positioning for Yokohama below :



and a small video about the two


Last edited by Buffetfan : 18th September 2011 at 22:23.
Buffetfan is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2011, 22:35   #277
Team-BHP Support
 
.anshuman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Good-Gaon
Posts: 7,710
Thanked: 8,930 Times
Default Re: Skoda Laura DSG CR 140- Ownership Experience.*UPDATE* 15k Kms Service Report pg.1

^ I have seen this brochure earlier. Yoko db is my favorite tire, i have worn out 2 pairs in my Elantra. This time i wanted to try something else, only 3 tires were available here in C Drive, so i picked A drive.
.anshuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2011, 22:38   #278
Team-BHP Support
 
Akshay1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 9,759
Thanked: 6,669 Times
Default Re: Skoda Laura DSG CR 140- Ownership Experience.*UPDATE* 15k Kms Service Report pg.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
^ I have seen this brochure earlier. Yoko db is my favorite tire, i have worn out 2 pairs in my Elantra. This time i wanted to try something else, only 3 tires were available here in C Drive, so i picked A drive.
I'm sorry anshuman but I don't think its the right choice getting A-Drives. They are much more of economy oriented tyres than the C drives or DB series, and will not offer you as much grip, silence, or comfort as the others. If possible you should have waited. Also the A drives IMO is meant for smaller, lighter cars. No offense intended buddy, just my opinion.

How is the Laura acceleration above 100kmph, say till 180? Seriously contemplating picking this in the L&K trim to replace the Innova.
Akshay1234 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2011, 13:02   #279
Team-BHP Support
 
.anshuman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Good-Gaon
Posts: 7,710
Thanked: 8,930 Times
Default Re: Skoda Laura DSG CR 140- Ownership Experience.*UPDATE* 15k Kms Service Report pg.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
I'm sorry anshuman but I don't think its the right choice getting A-Drives. They are much more of economy oriented tyres than the C drives or DB series, and will not offer you as much grip, silence, or comfort as the others. If possible you should have waited. Also the A drives IMO is meant for smaller, lighter cars. No offense intended buddy, just my opinion.
A Drive are not at all bad in terms of noise and comfort. Also it is a stronger tire than db, which is a bit too soft for my regular rural usage. Sadly my usage is not limited to just city traffic, the condition of roads on ceratin patches of my routes have gone from bad to worse, the reason i retained the 15" rims. Coming from Goodyear NCT 5 i have observed huge improvement in road noise, even comfort is noticeable.


Quote:
How is the Laura acceleration above 100kmph, say till 180? Seriously contemplating picking this in the L&K trim to replace the Innova.
I love the way this car picks up pace without having to rev till redline everytime, this car can easily accelerate to serious speeds even with early upshifts and without burying the Accelerator pedal, and still get FE figures rivaling smaller Diesels. Skoda claimed top speed is 209kph, should show up around 220+ on speedo.

My FE for last ~1800kms is ~16kpl, with mixed 50:50 City and Highway usage.

Last edited by .anshuman : 20th September 2011 at 13:04.
.anshuman is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2011, 16:23   #280
Senior - BHPian
 
Behemoth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 1,093
Thanked: 1,555 Times
Default Re: Skoda Laura DSG CR 140- Ownership Experience.*UPDATE* 15k Kms Service Report pg.1

Hi Anshuman,
Great to see good shoes now on your little beast. It really needed better tyres and the stock Goodyears are really bad - even on our Yeti's we are all suffering bad tyres.
Since you went in for different size tyres from OE for your Laura, did you check with Skoda on whether it would impact your warranty? I had checked with them and Giriraj motors said that it would affect my suspension warranty, if I changed the stock tyre size (I wanted to upgrade to 215/65 R16 in my Yeti from the 215/60 R16 Stock).
How long did the original Goodyear NCT5's last on your Laura - My Goodyear excellence are almost on half tread at 12k Kms!

Regards,
Behemoth
Behemoth is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2011, 16:34   #281
Senior - BHPian
 
n.devdath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,960
Thanked: 1,714 Times
Default Re: Skoda Laura DSG CR 140- Ownership Experience.*UPDATE* 15k Kms Service Report pg.1

Congrats on the new tires Anshuman.

A few questions that I had:

What did the tires cost you? Did you sell your old tires, if yes, at what price since they were only 15k kms old and going by what I know about you, you seem to be a sedate driver so they would have had quite some life left in them still.

Wont putting seat covers save the OE seat material from wear and tear and getting stained? Is there a reason you have put seat covers?

I see that your car is pretty scratch free in spite of being driven around in Gurgaon, the land of sad looking, bumped and dented cars( heck, I ve seen a RR with scratches on its bumpers in Gurgaon). How do you manage to drive/remove scratches?

And lastly, I m most likely at Gurgaon tomorrow, do you think we could catch up for a few minutes?
n.devdath is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2011, 16:42   #282
Senior - BHPian
 
Ace F355's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Delhi NCR
Posts: 1,172
Thanked: 1,602 Times
Default Re: Skoda Laura DSG CR 140- Ownership Experience.*UPDATE* 15k Kms Service Report pg.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
I got Yokohama A-Drive 205/65 R15 for Laura, final cost was 5200/tire. I know this size is not the perfect upgrade from the stock size, the right upgrade size is 215/65 R15 but its not available with Yokohama and Michelin in India.

It's too early to say anything about grip but i have observed considerable improvement in Road noise, even on good roads. I felt a improvement in Ride quality too.
Anshuman

A Drives are pretty good VFM tyres. I had them on my Civic before I upgraded to 17". Boy, I loved the comfort and silence they offered and their behaviour despite the kind of torture they were put though in countryside Haryana roads was commandable. However, my experience with A Drives in rainy weather was not upto the mark. These tyres (although Yokohama adverts them to have pretty decent wet grip) aquaplane to dangerous extent. Just one piece of advice from my side, drive carefully in wet conditions and you should be happy for these tyres.

PS: Some good pics... I so badly want these stickers on my car too!

Mind clicking Hatch, Sadan and SUV alltogether through your piece of glass?
Ace F355 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2011, 17:46   #283
Team-BHP Support
 
.anshuman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Good-Gaon
Posts: 7,710
Thanked: 8,930 Times
Default Re: Skoda Laura DSG CR 140- Ownership Experience.*UPDATE* 15k Kms Service Report pg.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
Hi Anshuman,
Great to see good shoes now on your little beast. It really needed better tyres and the stock Goodyears are really bad - even on our Yeti's we are all suffering bad tyres.
The OE tires in Yeti are pretty good compared to the NCT5 that come as OE in Laura.

Quote:
Since you went in for different size tyres from OE for your Laura, did you check with Skoda on whether it would impact your warranty?
Going by my past experience, ASC guys normally do not have issues with such +1 sizes.

Quote:
How long did the original Goodyear NCT5's last on your Laura - My Goodyear excellence are almost on half tread at 12k Kms!
At 15k the OE tires were in very good state, moved them to my Punto.
____________________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
What did the tires cost you?
~5200 a piece

Quote:
Did you sell your old tires?
Nope, moved them to my other car.

Quote:
Wont putting seat covers save the OE seat material from wear and tear and getting stained? Is there a reason you have put seat covers?
I absolutely hate seat covers, they look bad and mess up the shape of the seat. I cannot live with fake Leather. If i ever get my seats done, it will be full leather job from a reputed brand.

Quote:
I see that your car is pretty scratch free in spite of being driven around in Gurgaon, the land of sad looking, bumped and dented cars( heck, I ve seen a RR with scratches on its bumpers in Gurgaon). How do you manage to drive/remove scratches?
Defensive driving, parking at safer spots and usage of all the mirrors. I use Formula 1 wax and scratch remover. The scratch remover can only take care of light scratches and residual paint from other cars.

Quote:
And lastly, I m most likely at Gurgaon tomorrow, do you think we could catch up for a few minutes?
I am travelling right now, will be back by day after tomorrow. Anytime after that.
__________________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace F355 View Post
A Drives are pretty good VFM tyres. I had them on my Civic before I upgraded to 17". Boy, I loved the comfort and silence they offered and their behaviour despite the kind of torture they were put though in countryside Haryana roads was commandable.
High speed noise is pretty well controlled on these tires. Just did a quick dash on NH10, anyone can tell the improvement over NCT5. I'd reserve my comments on Wet and Dry grip for now.

Quote:
However, my experience with A Drives in rainy weather was not upto the mark. These tyres (although Yokohama adverts them to have pretty decent wet grip) aquaplane to dangerous extent. Just one piece of advice from my side, drive carefully in wet conditions and you should be happy for these tyres.
Thanks for the heads up, i will drive more cautiously on wet roads.

Quote:
Mind clicking Hatch, Sadan and SUV alltogether through your piece of glass?
Surely sometime soon.
.anshuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2011, 17:57   #284
Senior - BHPian
 
Swanand Inamdar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,648
Thanked: 573 Times
Default re: Skoda Laura DSG CR 140 - Ownership Experience.

Anshuman, congrats on the new set of shoes for the Laura. I am pretty sure, they are better than those atrocious NCT5's. You said, you shifted them to the Punto. Did they fit?

Also, I see the soiled seats, and smile thinking, I am not the only one with such seats. Leather to be done pronto. DRL's look great. Like I mentioned last time, get some more things done, since your ASC does it phokat mein .

OT: Is that your house in the background? If so, lovely house!
Swanand Inamdar is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2011, 18:15   #285
Team-BHP Support
 
noopster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 8,665
Thanked: 9,195 Times
Default re: Skoda Laura DSG CR 140 - Ownership Experience.

Nice. Have been toying with the idea of getting new shoes for my Vento as well at around 15K but don't have any car to transfer the Aceleres to (Swift is 14" and has fairly new A drives), so will wait out another year or so

I noticed the house as well- really beautiful.

Slightly offtopic: I notice you've put T-BHP stickers across the defogger strips. Does this affect the performance of the defoggers? I have stuck LCLC on the right top corner of the rear windshield but would so love to put the LTD on the centre positioned as you have. Been holding back since someone told me it will mess with the defogger.
noopster is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My 2013 Skoda Laura CR 140 DSG Ambition vignesh.cv Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 65 12th November 2017 19:36
DSG packs up on Skoda Laura CR140 - EDIT 1: Failed compressor & ECM bugs. EDIT 2: DSG Packs up again manson Technical Stuff 98 17th October 2017 17:51
Skoda Laura, Ambiente 2.0 TDI DSG : Ownership Experience luky_13 Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 82 26th February 2015 16:08


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 06:55.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks