Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 12th June 2012, 21:18   #361
Team-BHP Support

Default re: Skoda Laura DSG CR 140 - Ownership Experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
Same with the Android app too which I am accessing on my Samsung S2!
Sorry about the OT posts Anshuman - maybe you can delete all these posts from the thread.
Fixed the issue, changed the title.
.anshuman is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2012, 22:56   #362
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
It's not only my car, all the newer batch cars we have on the forum are as trouble free as my car. Check this list: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post2591258 (Skoda Yeti 4x2 launched @ 13.20 lakhs)
Maintenance cost is more expensive than the Japs, in return you get a car which shares its mechanicals with much more expensive cars and pays you back with the drive experience no other Japs or Koreans can dream of.

Anytime you are in NCR, feel free to come check out my car.
Exactly Anshuman, and the kind of package that the Laura offers, especially in its L&K variant, is simply unbeatable.

I will certainly meet you in person and check out your steed when I m in Delhi next.

Thanks,
Dev
n.devdath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2012, 12:46   #363
Team-BHP Support

Forgot to mention i got wheel Alignment and Balancing done before leaving for the highway trip. Alignment was slightly out at one side, nothing to panic. For balancing job it did require some weights, again absolutely normal. None of the rims are damaged or bent. I did not notice any uneven wear, just front ones look more worn out than the rear one, tires were rotated. Tires look good for another 30k kms.

Total Cost= 500 Bucks.
Place= Star Wheels, Kataria Chowk, Gurgaon
Staff= Very nice and Professional.
Time Taken= Around half an hour.
GPS= 28.480386,77.047505

Skoda Laura DSG CR 140 - Ownership Experience.-star-wheels.jpg
.anshuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2012, 16:09   #364
Team-BHP Support

Some confidence inspiring stuff from Wikipedia:

Quote:
Along with other Škodas, the Czech-built Octavia has been a markedly reliable vehicle – more so than the Audi A3 and Volkswagen Golf, with which it shares platforms. In 2006, Warranty Direct, a UK-based provider of mechanical warranties for used cars, rated Škoda the top manufacturer (above Mazda and Honda), while Audi came seventh from bottom. The Octavia specifically had a reliability index of 32.74 (lower being more reliable), while the Golf produced over the same period was 87.28, and the Audi A3 99.43
Quote:
The German automobile TV show Auto, Motor und Sport compared the Škoda Octavia with its cousin, the Volkswagen Golf Mk5, and concluded that the Škoda Octavia was slightly better than the Volkswagen Golf owing to a little more interior space and other specific ergonomics, better build quality, better driveability, and a lower price.
Quote:
In their 2006 survey, the British automobile magazine Top Gear placed the first-generation Octavia into 3rd place, and described it as a "masterpiece of dependability". The second generation was too new to be included in the survey.
Quote:
The British automobile magazine Auto Express awarded to the second-generation Octavia the gold medal in their prestigious Driver Power top 100, stating that it is "the UK’s most satisfying car to own in 2007" and that it "has bettered every other car on sale in the UK".
.anshuman is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2012, 16:19   #365
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Some confidence inspiring stuff from Wikipedia:
The more I read stuff like this, the more I m convinced that a new Laura DSG L&K will be next car, asap. In fact, I ve gone to the extent of inquiring Laura owners I see on the street about the vehicle and all of them I ve met are completely satisfied, thus far.

I m at Gurgaon from the 26th-29th instant. Do you think we can meet?
n.devdath is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2012, 16:33   #366
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
I m at Gurgaon from the 26th-29th instant. Do you think we can meet?
Surely, just drop me a PM whenever you are in NCR.

Last edited by .anshuman : 14th June 2012 at 16:34.
Old 15th June 2012, 16:31   #367
Team-BHP Support

Skoda Laura DSG CR 140 - Ownership Experience.-dsc04053.jpg
On Highways, it can easily do 1000+kms in a single tank, only if you are content with 320nm Torque and can resist those 140 horses who stay close to redline.

Skoda Laura DSG CR 140 - Ownership Experience.-dsc04061.jpg
One of those 47c Afternoons
Old 15th June 2012, 19:55   #368
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
On Highways, it can easily do 1000+kms in a single tank, only if you are content with 320nm Torque and can resist those 140 horses who stay close to redline.
Hmmm...that DTE figure is what I long for in my TSi.
But, what (boring) average speeds you need maintain to achieve this?

Can you imagine that afternoon without sunfilm?
I am a big fan of the Laura but I just can not give the "Character Certificate" to that AC. Why can't these guys tropicalize their mass production cars.

Even the battery in my Laura reads "Vatra". Why can't they have OEM arrangement with Exide/Amaron/Tata and save a few hunderds/thousands per car is beyond me. Let's leave Fabia out, still they are selling around 500 batteries/month (Laura, Yeti, Superb - combined)?

Cheers!
anandpadhye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2012, 23:45   #369
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
But, what (boring) average speeds you need maintain to achieve this?
This was at busy Gurgaon-Jaipur Stretch. It's not about how much speed you do but when you upshift, was doing 110 max at empty stretches and upshifting at around 2200rpm with light foot.

Quote:
Can you imagine that afternoon without sunfilm?
I am a big fan of the Laura but I just can not give the "Character Certificate" to that AC. Why can't these guys tropicalize their mass production cars.
My car is without sunfilm, AC is not as strong as Elantra but i never found a reason to complain. Maybe because my car has the newer variable load compressor.

Quote:
Even the battery in my Laura reads "Vatra". Why can't they have OEM arrangement with Exide/Amaron/Tata and save a few hunderds/thousands per car is beyond me. Let's leave Fabia out, still they are selling around 500 batteries/month (Laura, Yeti, Superb - combined)?
I don't really care unless the battery has premature failure. Will definitely move on to Amaron at the time of replacement.
Old 20th June 2012, 02:12   #370
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman

Another example of thr sheer range in this car!

Name:  ForumRunner_20120620_021107.png
Views: 1484
Size:  304.3 KB
adi_petrolhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2012, 02:57   #371
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
Another example of thr sheer range in this carAttachment 943595
Well I have managed to get 960km DTE in the TSi...even after the remap it will give me almost 15km/l if driven with a light foot on the highway.

Unfortunately, the power delivery is so addictive that I seldom get more than 10km/l
Attached Images

robimahanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2012, 11:35   #372
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This was at busy Gurgaon-Jaipur Stretch. It's not about how much speed you do but when you upshift, was doing 110 max at empty stretches and upshifting at around 2200rpm with light foot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
Another example of thr sheer range in this car!
Quote:
Originally Posted by robimahanta View Post
Well I have managed to get 960km DTE in the TSi...even after the remap it will give me almost 15km/l if driven with a light foot on the highway.

Unfortunately, the power delivery is so addictive that I seldom get more than 10km/l
Yes, for a 1.8 L turbo petrol, this car can be quite frugal if driven with light foot. The TDi will be even more efficient if driven sedately. Who knows, you can see DTE of 1300 or so if driven at 70km/h????

The current generation Lauras (both petrol and diesel) really offer a very good mix of driving pleasure and efficiency. But doing hours and hours of 70kmph on highways can become difficult to sustain - psychologically . So to relieve myself of the guilt, I have started using my 11 years old Suzuki Fiero to office everyday (it still gives me 48kmpl) and use the Laura only for long drives. My TSI still holds a few liters of that rare and precious gasoline once sold at Rs.71/L in Pune.
anandpadhye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2012, 12:08   #373
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by robimahanta

only reason for me to buy the diesel AT was my mileage through the year. Its barely a year I've owned it, already crossed 30k Kms. The DTE pic is a bit old.. If I had half of that mileage I would have definitely gone for the TSi
Old 25th June 2012, 23:01   #374
BHPian

Hey guys just got staging activated in my ride.... It just raises the cool quotient way up there!
Attached Images

Old 26th June 2012, 11:58   #375
BHPian

It just keeps getting better and better

Name:  ForumRunner_20120626_115820.png
Views: 1074
Size:  308.8 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20120626_115820.png
Views: 1074
Size:  308.8 KB
Attached Images