Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 26th June 2012, 12:18   #376
BHPian

Adding to that, car just got back from the dealer, was in there since 10 days. I had issues with the AC cooling, it was too slow and not at all effective. Dealer checked, condenser and compressor were to be replaced. Fairly smooth job by Skoda, promised me to deliver the car on the 10th day and they did! Just cost me INR 1431 for the compressor oil. Pleasantly surprised by Skoda's service this time around. Any one else with AC issues should get it done within warranty. Even skoda agreed that each and every Laura they have sold, has atleast once had an AC issue. Proof? When I gave my car, there were 15 other Lauras for the same job with the dealer.
adi_petrolhead is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2012, 19:05   #377
Distinguished - BHPian

Default re: Skoda Laura DSG CR 140 - Ownership Experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
Hey guys just got staging activated in my ride.... It just raises the cool quotient way up there!
These days I think needle staging is activated by default from the factory. In my TSI this feature was already activated when I took delivery. It does look cool and is often the talking point when you take people in your car for the first time
Santoshbhat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2012, 19:47   #378
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santoshbhat

These days I think needle staging is activated by default from the factory.
Not so in my June 2011 TSI. IIRC, you got your car before me. Think it's dealer dependent.
bloodred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2012, 20:14   #379
BHPian

Quote:

These days I think needle staging is activated by default from the factory. In my TSI this feature was already activated when I took delivery. It does look cool and is often the talking point when you take people in your car for the first time
@santoshbhat @bloodred
I think that too, its dealer dependent. Few dealers who actually know the full potential of VCDS, lucky customers who dont have to beg to turn these on. This was my 4th request to activate needle staging. That too they took me in the work shop and said 'sahab aap hi kar lo humko to nahi ata' when I did, they were still reluctant, 'isme to hardware hi nai hai sahab' I took the car out, and showed them.. All they had to say is, 'ohh! :0'
adi_petrolhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2012, 09:27   #380
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodred View Post
Not so in my June 2011 TSI. IIRC, you got your car before me. Think it's dealer dependent.
Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
@santoshbhat @bloodred
I think that too, its dealer dependent. Few dealers who actually know the full
I'm pretty sure in my car it came activated from the factory. I had rejected the piece available with them in stock since it did not have fog lamps. So I had an agonising wait till my car arrived. I went to their yard the day it arrived and checked it out. Maybe the factory forgot to deactivate it
Santoshbhat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2012, 10:24   #381
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

The needle staging is active by default only in the L&K as far as I know. In all the others it can be done very simply with VCDS by ticking one check box. I had done it on my Yeti ambiente but found it a little distracting so deactivated it again.
Behemoth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2012, 21:47   #382
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead
It just keeps getting better and better
Range Even better in my manual 1.9 pd

Let the pic speak
Attached Images

hemen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2012, 23:00   #383
Distinguished - BHPian

@Anshuman - Any pointers on maintaining the fabric seats? I have art leather & hate it. Going to junk them & leather ones will take some time to come in (~20K expense).

With kids & people who treat Cars as a trash-can it gets annoying to clean it. Though I painstakingly keep it clean.

Thanks
Sheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2012, 17:22   #384

My first post on TBHP finally and it had to HAD TO be to thank you anshuman! Having come back from the UK 1.5 years ago, I nearly bought a Toyota Altis D4D G for my dad (chauffeur-driven) and I planned to use his Scorpio mHawk. In fact I even booked a Toyota but thanks to a dealer cock-up I had time to revisit my decision.

That's when I coincidentally accidentally discovered your thread. Read it. Re-read it. After about the 10th time, I test drove the DSG and finally bought one. It had to be a TDI CR 140 DSG Candy White!

It's done 18k km since Oct 2011 and I'm loving every single minute with it. I consider myself a bit of a torque-head but was surprised to see that even my dad now prefers to leave the driver and indulge in some 140bhp therapy at every available opportunity.

So, once again thanks a lot for the excellent write up. You've helped many (me for sure) make an informed decision about this fantastically wonderful fossil powered contraption. Looking forward to a lot more of your high quality stuff.

One question though - my car returns no more than 15-16kpl even when driven with a very light foot on highways (i.e. slow acceleration to a constant 90-110 kph in 6th with occasional jump to 5th to overtake fast buses). I've treated it like a baby albeit occasionally using the full 140bhp I've paid for. First service didn't help either. Any suggestions/recommendations/ideas would be much appreciated.

PS: I live in Goa. There's only one service station available to me.
PPS: I'm new here. Please let me know if I violate any rules. Thanks and happy motoring.
.McLaren is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2012, 12:17   #385
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by .McLaren View Post
My first post on TBHP finally and it had to HAD TO be to thank you anshuman!
Quote:
That's when I coincidentally accidentally discovered your thread. Read it. Re-read it. After about the 10th time, I test drove the DSG and finally bought one. It had to be a TDI CR 140 DSG Candy White!
Quote:
So, once again thanks a lot for the excellent write up. You've helped many (me for sure) make an informed decision about this fantastically wonderful fossil powered contraption. Looking forward to a lot more of your high quality stuff.
Thanks .Mclaren, I am glad you found my thread useful.

Quote:
One question though - my car returns no more than 15-16kpl even when driven with a very light foot on highways (i.e. slow acceleration to a constant 90-110 kph in 6th with occasional jump to 5th to overtake fast buses).
15-16kpl is perfectly normal, though this car does deliver 20kpl on highways frequently but it is heavily dependent on traffic and road conditions along with driving pattern.

Laura CR DSG along with Jetta DSG(shared engine and transmission) is the most fuel efficient Automatic car i know of.
.anshuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2012, 12:41   #386
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
15-16kpl is perfectly normal, though this car does deliver 20kpl on highways frequently but it is heavily dependent on traffic and road conditions along with driving pattern.
Add to that the winding twisty roads of Goa compared to the "skating rings" of NCR, the FE is no doubt, better in the NCR. This holds good for NCR Vs Blore as well.
n.devdath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2012, 14:38   #387

Thumbs up re: Skoda Laura DSG CR 140 - Ownership Experience.

Quote:
...15-16kpl is perfectly normal ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
... the FE is no doubt, better in the NCR...
Thanks guys. I thought as much too but was a bit worried I never achieved the fantastic figures posted on this thread.

The FE/Joy(Fun,Thrill) ratio of this car is still (even at 15kpl) brilliant!
.McLaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2012, 16:11   #388
Team-BHP Support

Laura DSG is now the fastest Diesel car in the segment. Earlier Cruze MT was fractions of a second faster than Laura but the now the updated Cruze with more horses is no longer a Sub-10 second car, MT and AT take 10.22 and 10.23 seconds respectively to reach the 100kph mark. Even VW Jetta with a slightly different tune and ratios is not a sub-10 sec car in either MT/DSG variants.

*All figures from Autocar India
.anshuman is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2012, 17:16   #389
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Even VW Jetta with a slightly different tune and ratios is not a sub-10 sec car in either MT/DSG variants.
Anshuman, on the DSG comparison, I feel the Laura L&K betters the Jetta Highline in almost all aspects, except that the Jetta has paddles shifts, and also additional 2 airbags. Any idea, where are these 2 additional airbags?
vb-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2012, 17:28   #390
Senior - BHPian

Jetta air bags are like

Two in the dash
Two on side of front seats
Two along the pillars
Two on the rear seats.

Jetta highline vs l&k is a tough call. More leaned towards l&k over highline.
VW2010 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote