Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 24th December 2012, 14:26   #436
Senior - BHPian

Default re: Skoda Laura DSG CR 140 - Ownership Experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
claiming extended warranty is a painful process.
It should not be that lengthy a process. If you are facing issues, kindly contact Rahul Kulkarni (details here - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2915926 (Skoda Superb - A tryst with destiny) ) to escalate and expedite your matter.
dkaile is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2012, 14:27   #437
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The Skoda Shield extended warranty is covered by Bajaj Allianz, it is sold with first year insurance, you can move on to any other insurance policy the next year.

This year i moved to TATA AIG zero dep plan as the plan offered by Skoda guys was more than 10k more expensive. Current year insurance has nothing to do with Skoda Shield.
Yes the extended warranty by Skoda + 1st year insurance by Bajaj Allianz = Skoda Shield. But for warranty repairs I don't think Bajaj Allianz comes in the picture. Once you move on to another insurer your relationship with Bajaj Allianz has ended. So if you have warranty claims you have to knock on Skoda's doors. Bajaj Allianz only covers your car in case of accidents, as I understand it. Once your original policy has lapsed they have no liability.

Last edited by Santoshbhat : 24th December 2012 at 14:32.
Santoshbhat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2012, 15:29   #438
Senior - BHPian

I am surprised. But again depends on parts etc and your relationship with mechanic there.

My strut was making noise and working with the mechanic identified the same. The Warranty guys wanted proof for which we swapped the struts and drove for a week.

Once it was identified, i was asked to take the car back and use untill the parts arrived.

Got a call on a wednesday, dropped it, changed and got back post 4-5hours.

Relationship with the mechanic was very crucial for he helped to make sure the process was smooth.

The warranty is definitely a pain process where it is mandatory to prove the problem and the dealership is not cheating VW

I think if the problem is simple and the parts do not impact your everday running they let you drive your car till it can be replaced.

Even in this case, you can check if you can drive without AC till the parts arrive.
VW2010 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2012, 15:42   #439
BHPian

Post re: Skoda Laura DSG CR 140 - Ownership Experience.

Quote:
Skoda owners beware, if some critical part in your car fails when your car is under Skoda Shield, be mentally prepared to live without your car for a few weeks even if it is just one hour job and part is in stock.
This is baffling, isn't it?! The whole point of buying the Skoda Shield is that you're essentially shelling out the extra moolah to buy peace of mind. However that is precisely what they're robbing you of.

At the end of the day, you think the Skoda Shield offsets your decision to go with a brand that is notorious for faltering'; that this actually "shields" you. Seemingly the irony is that is where you are most vulnerable!

As a Skoda customer, I'm petrified.
Omtoatom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2012, 18:34   #440
BHPian

Remember i mentioned on this thread or some other Laura DSG thread, about howI had to keep my car in for 2 whole days, to get a freaking horn replaced under WARRANTY at Torque Skoda Ahmedabad, the stand alone dealer for Skoda in Gujarat. Best part, wait for it, the horn wasn't replaced any way, instead they damaged the rod for keeping the bonnet open, for which they asked me to keep the car again for a couple of days to get it replaced, yes, you guessed it, 'UNDER WARRANTY' ! By the way had to keep my car, under two year WARRANTY, for 11 days, to replace the A/c parts as mentioned by @anshuman. Just preparing my self for 3rd service now.
adi_petrolhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2013, 14:00   #441
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
Even in this case, you can check if you can drive without AC till the parts arrive.
Fortunately the A/C works ~50% of the time, and the temperature outside is so low these days i can manage with fresh air on(mostly directed towards windshield glass for defogging).

Only good part was they delivered the car without closing the job card, i just had to pay for service. But i had to visit the workshop thrice to hand over one document or the other, but why do they need delivery challan, RC, Car invoice, service book and lot of other unrelated papers for processing extended warranty claim? I have no idea on when to expect the approval, the parts are in stock with the dealer, its just a few hours job.

I guess i was lucky no critical part failed or else car would have been stuck in workshop for weeks/months. I guess i need to buy a back up car soon.
.anshuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2013, 14:43   #442
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I guess i was lucky no critical part failed or else car would have been stuck in workshop for weeks/months. I guess i need to buy a back up car soon.
Are you suggesting that while buying a skoda or vw, make room for a smaller car as well .

I guess this warranty process is different between different dealers.

I dont think i submitted any documents during my warrantly. They used the Vin to get those information and i was asked to submit RC i think. Thinking hard i have a feeling i did not submit any documents for the replacement under warranty

Did carry the warranty booklet as part of my car documents only.
VW2010 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2013, 15:29   #443
Team-BHP Support

Wow, getting the extended warranty approved seems to be such a tedious procedure. But, atleast you thank your stars you have an extended warranty.

It never clicked me to get one for my Cruze till after a year (you cannot buy it after that period, it seems).
So, if anything happens now, Iam totally out in the cold
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2013, 14:25   #444
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Wow, getting the extended warranty approved seems to be such a tedious procedure.
And none of this is mentioned in the extended warranty booklet handed over to me at the time of sale, good enough to close the sale and make the owner initially believe extended warranty will be a smooth painless process.

Last edited by .anshuman : 4th January 2013 at 15:57.
Old 7th January 2013, 19:30   #445
Team-BHP Support

Default Re: Skoda Laura DSG CR 140 - Ownership Experience. UPDATE: Stuck with warranty approv

Quote:
T

Only good part is i can bring my car home and use it till they respond. Welcome to Skoda!
Surprise surprise, guess which Laura on the other end of the country was diagnosed with a compressor failure last month! The compressor was to take 6 working days before I could drop my car with JMD for a swap, its been two weeks and I haven't heard from them till date.
To make it worse, the software glitch on the gearbox keeps coming up despite having had it swiped twice in the last few weeks
manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2013, 21:32   #446
Distinguished - BHPian

Whenever I kind of start dreaming of a Skoda, some wrong activities or reports come across. I don't know the fuss with extended warranty & replacements, I never had such a problem with Maruti. They simply replace the part if its faulty. No arguments, no documents, no delays!! Looks like Maruti is indeed the 'peace of mind' option.
swiftnfurious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2013, 19:45   #447
Team-BHP Support

Default Re: Skoda Laura DSG CR 140 - Ownership Experience. UPDATE: Stuck with warranty approv

Finally the approval have arrived, but only for Compressor, drier bottle will not be covered, i will have to pay some 6-7k for drier bottle and 12-15k for other consumables like AC gas and Oil. The works manager says the Drier Bottle is considered a consumable itme, Is it really a consumable part?

The service advisors were clueless, i had to personally visit the service center and waste more than an hour before they could give me the status, the service advisor asked me to come again tomorrow to get full details :( .

The service advisor said they have filed this under goodwill warranty(I don't know why?), not extended warranty, works manager says it isn't so and wanted to change the topic instantly. I have paid for extended warranty, i do not understand why they are acting weird.
Old 11th January 2013, 19:57   #448
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have paid for extended warranty, i do not understand why they are acting weird.
Maybe they charged you for extended warranty at the time of purchase of the vehicle but never really got it for you. You never know with these Skoda dealers. Kindly check from back-end whether you really actually have a extended warranty.
dkaile is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2013, 20:08   #449
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
Maybe they charged you for extended warranty at the time of purchase of the vehicle but never really got it for you. You never know with these Skoda dealers. Kindly check from back-end whether you really actually have a extended warranty.
I have submitted the documents to prove that i have extended warranty including some extended warranty document which they downloaded from Skoda server.
Old 12th January 2013, 11:15   #450
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Finally the approval have arrived, but only for Compressor, drier bottle will not be covered, i will have to pay some 6-7k for drier bottle and 12-15k for other consumables like AC gas and Oil. The works manager says the Drier Bottle is considered a consumable itme, Is it really a consumable part?
It is quite discomforting to note that for a simple warranty replacement is taking so long. Whats more discomforting is that having extended warranty does not protect us from exorbitantly priced 'consumable parts' that need to be replaced while replacing the failed component.

The AC drier unit filters out contaminants and moisture from entering the system. I guess its akin to the oil filter. In that sense you can call it a consumable. BUT... the question is, is the drier bottle change recommended as per the service manual after a fixed interval? If the drier bottle replacement is required for the sole reason that the compressor is being replaced, then you have every right to get the same also replaced under warranty. You can consider writing to Skoda about this and see what they have to say about this.
Santoshbhat is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote