Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 28th February 2011, 15:42   #31
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 225
Thanked: 3 Times
Default Re: Swift Dzire VXi 17,000 km ownership thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by devenashani View Post
How did you mount navigator on dash? Normally suction stand don't mount on surface other than glass.

Detailed pictures would help as I am also trying to mount my MMI navigator.
You are absolutely right. Suction mounts do not work on the dash board and work only on glass.
So,
1. I bought a small glass plate slightly bigger than the circumference of the mmi navigator mount.
2. Bought 3M mounting tape from ebay. (super duty)
3. Then with the help of the mounting tape, i fixed the plate on the dashboard and the mmi suction mount on it.

I will click some more pictures and upload them soon.

But for the meanwhile, I hope this helps.

Last edited by DMehta : 28th February 2011 at 15:43.
DMehta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2011, 15:48   #32
BHPian
 
devenashani's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 34
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Ah!! Nice idea. I will try myself.

Would love to see photographs of your install.

Happy Driving !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMehta View Post
You are absolutely right. Suction mounts do not work on the dash board and work only on glass.
So,
1. I bought a small glass plate slightly bigger than the circumference of the mmi navigator mount.
2. Bought 3M mounting tape from ebay. (super duty)
3. Then with the help of the mounting tape, i fixed the plate on the dashboard and the mmi suction mount on it.

I will click some more pictures and upload them soon.

But for the meanwhile, I hope this helps.
devenashani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2011, 18:57   #33
BHPian
 
Zappex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 190
Thanked: 83 Times
Default Re: Swift Dzire VXi 17,000 km ownership thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMehta View Post
Recently dash mounted my navigator.
Hey Congrats on the buy! It looks really nice. Would you mind sharing the cost breakup of the same. Also is this the Road pilot?

And one last query, why didn't you stick with the conventional windshield mounting? Are you facing any rattling while driving with the dashboard mounting?
Zappex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2011, 19:39   #34
DNM
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 65
Thanked: 0 Times
Default Re: Swift Dzire VXi 17,000 km ownership thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappex View Post
Hey Congrats on the buy! It looks really nice. Would you mind sharing the cost breakup of the same. Also is this the Road pilot?

And one last query, why didn't you stick with the conventional windshield mounting? Are you facing any rattling while driving with the dashboard mounting?
Its easy Zappax. Once you have the MMI, you buy a simple glass that is a little bigger than the suction hose on your windscreen mount. You then use a double sided tape (3M provides you with a extra durable tape) and stick it to your dashboard.
The glass varies in prices. A good piece of glass should cost about 300-600 and the tape is rather cheap.
DNM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2011, 20:22   #35
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 225
Thanked: 3 Times
Default Re: Swift Dzire VXi 17,000 km ownership thread

Actually the cost break up was a bit different than what DNM, just mentioned.
This is the road pilot navigator by mapmyindia. I had the vx140 earlier in my scorp, but it was stolen with the vehicle. :(
Anyways, I had bought the vx140 navigator because it would fulfill the navigation purpose and it had multimedia options too. But i did not use the multimedia at all, hence decided to go for the road pilot this time.

This one is a really sleek and slim model which can fit into your pocket too!

I already had the mount which came with the navigator. Bought a plate which i have mentioned in my earlier posts for less than Rs. 200 from lifestyle.

Bought a 3M exterior heavy duty mounting tape from ebay which costs around 450.
And no, i haven't been facing any rattling noises from the dash after this set up.

PS- The 3M tapes are really expensive. Some of them can cost around Rs. 1500 too! Luckily i found a rather cheap and durable one.

Last edited by DMehta : 28th February 2011 at 20:24.
DMehta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2011, 21:22   #36
BHPian
 
Zappex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 190
Thanked: 83 Times
Default Re: Swift Dzire VXi 17,000 km ownership thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNM View Post
Its easy Zappax. Once you have the MMI, you buy a simple glass that is a little bigger than the suction hose on your windscreen mount. You then use a double sided tape (3M provides you with a extra durable tape) and stick it to your dashboard.
I did not ask for the procedure, that is explained very well. Please read the query before replying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMehta View Post
But i did not use the multimedia at all, hence decided to go for the road pilot this time.

This one is a really sleek and slim model which can fit into your pocket too!

I already had the mount which came with the navigator. Bought a plate which i have mentioned in my earlier posts for less than Rs. 200 from lifestyle.

Bought a 3M exterior heavy duty mounting tape from ebay which costs around 450.
And no, i haven't been facing any rattling noises from the dash after this set up.
How much did you pay for the road pilot? And thanks for the rest of the info.

Last edited by Zappex : 28th February 2011 at 21:24.
Zappex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2011, 21:27   #37
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 225
Thanked: 3 Times
Default Re: Swift Dzire VXi 17,000 km ownership thread

I paid 8k for the road pilot including shipping charges. I'd recommend it to anyone in a jiffy.

PS - I think DNM, just wanted to make it clear.

Last edited by DMehta : 28th February 2011 at 21:29.
DMehta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2011, 23:01   #38
DNM
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 65
Thanked: 0 Times
Default Re: Swift Dzire VXi 17,000 km ownership thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappex View Post
I did not ask for the procedure, that is explained very well. Please read the query before replying.
Yes, I just wanted to make the procedure very clear to you, just you save you from the complications you may undergo if you plan to do the same DMehta did!
DNM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2011, 13:34   #39
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 225
Thanked: 3 Times
Default Re: Swift Dzire VXi 17,000 km ownership thread

Here are some daytime pictures as promised.
Attached Thumbnails
Swift Dzire VXi 17,000 km ownership thread-img00094201103031233.jpg  

Swift Dzire VXi 17,000 km ownership thread-img00092201103031227.jpg  

DMehta is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Swift Vxi 2006: Long Term Ownership Report- EDIT: 10 yr/90,000 km Update noopster Long-Term Ownership Reviews 35 20th August 2016 18:08
DZire gets fulfilled : 2013 Silky Silver Maruti DZire Vxi dZired Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 50 14th July 2014 11:39
Swift Dzire Petrol Vs. Swift Dzire Diesel reveal_da_zeal The Indian Car Scene 2 4th April 2008 21:52
Swift DZire HU to Swift VXI.... yayaati In-Car Entertainment 9 28th March 2008 23:46


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 23:25.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks