Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 26th September 2011, 12:48   #481
Senior - BHPian

Default re: My Fräulein arrives: Vento AT *Updated* 15000 km & first service update

Nice! I was expecting more pics of the Fraulein in the open, with Lavasa in the backdrops though.

Did you find any other BHPians there? I know three Pune BHPians who were in Lavasa around that time.

Whats the ODO reading now?
Swanand Inamdar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2011, 13:22   #482
Senior - BHPian

Default re: My Fräulein arrives: Vento AT *Updated* 15000 km & first service update

Nice pictures of Lavasa. It surely looks a lot greener after the rains.

I went there in the month of January (I think) and was wondering what all the hype of Lavasa was for- and I am still wondering. The food is expensive and probably the motorboats are too. The road conditions within Lavasa were very horrible (glad that we took the 'train' (20 minutes ride) to see around Lavasa.)
S_U_N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2011, 13:40   #483
dot
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guderian View Post
The only thing odd I found about two of the Lambys - the yellow and green ones - normally the side panel levers are shiny aluminium pieces or why even chromed, here I find them painted over. Looks odd.
Even the rear wheel drums are painted in matching colors. A good job and a great photo. I was amazed to see that noops has redone the number plates too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
Nice pictures of Lavasa. It surely looks a lot greener after the rains.

I went there in the month of January (I think) and was wondering what all the hype of Lavasa was for-
S_U_N, it is the trip that is nice. Road from Pirangut to Lavasa is almost always well maintained, therefore, a good drive is almost guaranteed. The final destination has little value.
dot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2011, 14:07   #484
BHPian

Lavasa sure does look nice and the lamby's look really awesome!! Would like to visit this place and check them out personally.

On other note noop; does your left leg hurt because of the central console making you keep your leg in a particular angle? or is it just my size which is making me do that?
subodh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2011, 15:13   #485
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dot View Post
S_U_N, it is the trip that is nice. Road from Pirangut to Lavasa is almost always well maintained, therefore, a good drive is almost guaranteed. The final destination has little value.
Sure.
But I heard that the Amby valley route is more scenic and the roads are also very good.
Do we need special permission to visit Amby valley? Does anyone know?

I am planning to go there sometime soon and would prefer that over Lavasa even for 'just the drive'.
S_U_N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2011, 16:13   #486
Team-BHP Support

Some quick answers to questions I'd missed before...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guderian View Post
Hi Noops,
What kind of FE did you get on those twisties to and from Lavasa.
About the same as my daily commute- 10 kmpl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
Did you find any other BHPians there? I know three Pune BHPians who were in Lavasa around that time.
I crossed Ameya's 525d on its way down as I was entering Lavasa. It was being driven by friend @moralfibre with @vikram18 and @RacerX in the back. My wife did mention, "That topiwala was waving at you" afterwards. I was too busy ogling the Bimmer . Checked with Kiran later and he confirmed that he'd waved (should have known- he NEVER takes off his topi!!)

Quote:
Whats the ODO reading now?
Around 10,500 odd as of this morning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
I went there in the month of January (I think) and was wondering what all the hype of Lavasa was for- and I am still wondering. The food is expensive and probably the motorboats are too. The road conditions within Lavasa were very horrible (glad that we took the 'train' (20 minutes ride) to see around Lavasa.)
Roads both to and within Lavasa are fabulous, at least by Pune standards . Agree with everything else- Lavasa is indeed overpriced and we would not even consider staying overnight there ever, especially since it's a short drive away for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by subodh View Post

On other note noop; does your left leg hurt because of the central console making you keep your leg in a particular angle? or is it just my size which is making me do that?
I'm not that much smaller myself! I had a big problem with the central console hitting my knee (or rather the other way around) in the early days and believe me, it took a while to get the ideal seating position down pat. I would suggest you first adjust the seat to pedal distance for your comfort, then seat height and then the seat recline and reach/rake adjustment on the steering wheel to get your ideal position. Finally front/back adjustment for fine tuning. Your left knee should rest slightly behind the central console housing now. This is how I normally sit, with my legs perpendicular at the knee. It gets a little stif after a while so I just stretch it out straight occasionally.

Last edited by noopster : 30th September 2011 at 16:14.
noopster is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2011, 16:23   #487
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
I'm not that much smaller myself! I had a big problem with the central console hitting my knee (or rather the other way around) in the early days and believe me, it took a while to get the ideal seating position down pat. I would suggest you first adjust the seat to pedal distance for your comfort, then seat height and then the seat recline and reach/rake adjustment on the steering wheel to get your ideal position. Finally front/back adjustment for fine tuning. Your left knee should rest slightly behind the central console housing now. This is how I normally sit, with my legs perpendicular at the knee. It gets a little stif after a while so I just stretch it out straight occasionally.
yeah it gets really stiff. I tried all these combinations. but my driver used to screw around with them when he used to sit on the drivers seat. After a while i never got my initial perfect combination and I Just gave up as everyday it would be different and i started using my drivers combination. Guess the time has come for reconfiguring the seat since he is not driving my car.
subodh is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2011, 16:28   #488
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Checked with Kiran later and he confirmed that he'd waved (should have known- he NEVER takes off his topi!!) .
Whats the secret?!

Quote:
Roads both to and within Lavasa are fabulous, at least by Pune standards . Agree with everything else- Lavasa is indeed overpriced and we would not even consider staying overnight there ever, especially since it's a short drive away for me. .
10.5K kms?! It seems like yesterday it was 9K, You really clocking the miles noop
I agree with Swanand and dot, we would have liked to see more pics of Fraulein than of Lavasa. Lavasa holds little value for us compared to the twisties on that route. In fact I was sorely tempted to turn back home almost as soon as I got there.
OT - Have they really sold all of that real estate there?

Quote:
Quote:
I would suggest you first adjust the seat to pedal distance for your comfort, then seat height and then the seat recline and reach/rake adjustment on the steering wheel to get your ideal position. Finally front/back adjustment for fine tuning. Your left knee should rest slightly behind the central console housing now. This is how I normally sit, with my legs perpendicular at the knee. It gets a little stif after a while so I just stretch it out straight occasionally.
Subodh, if all those adjustments dont work get some padding work done on the console or just get a knee pad for your left knee. Free Friday advice

Quote:
with free Friday advice, do you also supply free knee pads?
The problem is not the knee bumping there but when it rests, its bent in a awkward position. so either i change the car, Lose the flab or then then cut the center console are the options.
Either way you take keep me informed. I will be interested in how you do it!
If you want a knee pad, I can give you two with a child helmet thrown in for free

Last edited by selfdrive : 30th September 2011 at 16:39.
selfdrive is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2011, 16:35   #489
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
Whats the secret?!

Topi ke niche kya hai. Topi ke niche

Subodh, if all those adjustments dont work get some padding work done on the console or just get a knee pad for your left knee. Free Friday invaluable (read worthless) advice
with free Friday advice, do you also supply free knee pads?
The problem is not the knee bumping there but when it rests, its bent in a awkward position. so either i change the car, Lose the flab or then then cut the center console are the options.
subodh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2011, 16:49   #490
Team-BHP Support

Plastics on the Vento are a weird mix. The ones on the HU and climatronic as well as the wiper and light stalks are top-notch and soft-touch. The dashboard and door plastics are nicely contoured but HARD as hell. Knocking your knee against one is quite stunning (literally!); since I am the clumsy one in the family end up with a fair share of bruises!
noopster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2011, 17:01   #491
Senior - BHPian

The dashboard is hard palstic? Wow, never really knew this. All this while I was thinking it to be soft, like that of the Laura.

Subodh, dont lose the car. Get the perfect driving position (like that of the Paliio) and enjoy it all over again!
Swanand Inamdar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2011, 17:31   #492
BHPian

You Lose some and then You gain some Swa. By losing it, i meant it will go to another family member and I would have new set of wheels.

I agree with Noop; The plastic does feel very hard. and in one or two places, its rough at the edges as well.
subodh is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2011, 12:02   #493
BHPian

Quote:
Plastics on the Vento are a weird mix. The ones on the HU and climatronic as well as the wiper and light stalks are top-notch and soft-touch. The dashboard and door plastics are nicely contoured but HARD as hell. Knocking your knee against one is quite stunning (literally!); since I am the clumsy one in the family end up with a fair share of bruises!
I agree! I like the contours and the texture but the plastic is hard. However, I drive with the seat stretched out back so I have avoid hurting my knee with the dashboard extension. Maybe you could try a position which is a little stretched out and then increase the height of your seat, for better visibility. I found this more spacious than sitting inside the driver well.
nileshch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2011, 12:25   #494
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nileshch View Post
I agree! I like the contours and the texture but the plastic is hard. However, I drive with the seat stretched out back so I have avoid hurting my knee with the dashboard extension. Maybe you could try a position which is a little stretched out and then increase the height of your seat, for better visibility. I found this more spacious than sitting inside the driver well.
I wonder why no one has come up with a textured paint like thing that can be sprayed on to make even the worst plastics to look luxurious and soft at a cheap price. Then maybe the manufacturers themselves would have done that also.
srishiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2011, 07:47   #495

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnkitPrashar View Post
Just to add to the above, I have been using Witson for almost 6 months now.
The system does have its pros and cons and i think in the end it all depends on what usage one is looking for.

But alas, the Witson is Chinese with no Indian after sales support. Phone book browsing through Bluetooth is a fail, other than that i am completely satisfied considering the amount of money i have invested!

Hi Ankit,

Based on your thread and ownership review, i have bought Witson HU for my Vento Trendline, the guys at witson are not prviding me with preloaded maps on a SD Card, Could you please suggest a work around? I am also planning to install Focal Component System in both front & rear as per your advise to go far good speakers in the above post.

Rgds,
Pankaj
rider84 is offline   Reply With Quote