Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 18th July 2011, 11:53   #106
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Ford Figo diesel - 6 months Ownership experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by figo_united View Post
Also Completed 24k on the Odo last week. This is the 12th month of ownership

FE hovering around 16-17 for a combination of city B2B traffic and highway rides.[tank full method]

Attachment 578666
Highlighting the tripmeter with a red rectangle would not take our eyes off your speedo. Taking pics while in motion, eh?

Congratulations on the mileage. Mine just returned 18.5 with 30-40% a/c usage. Mostly 2-3-4 gear traffic.
anilisanil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2011, 13:07   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
Highlighting the tripmeter with a red rectangle would not take our eyes off your speedo. Taking pics while in motion, eh?
oops, You noticed!
I plead guilty to the offense sir.
In my defence, I can say it was on an empty road in our colony, and the speed has barely crossed 10.

Quote:
Congratulations on the mileage. Mine just returned 18.5 with 30-40% a/c usage. Mostly 2-3-4 gear traffic.
Thats a very good FE.
I'd once got 19.5 when I drove sedately around 80 from bangalore to mysore, and never tried it again
figo_united is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2011, 14:27   #108
BHPian

Today, my figo celebrates its first birthday!
It did get some gifts
3 new Audio CDs,
A new My Shaldan Freshner (Lime)
And

Yes, Team-BHP Stickers

I had pre-ordered the stickers and was waiting to paste them today!
ODO is just less than 25k. Would complete 25k when I reach bangalore on monday!

Total money spent on fuel till now : Rs.67866/-

Pics from my cellphone, forgot my camera at bangalore. Doesn't do justice to the effort spent on cleaning and giving it a shine! Will try to post better pics with the stickers next week.

Ford Figo diesel - 6 months Ownership experience-image0850.jpg

Ford Figo diesel - 6 months Ownership experience-image0851.jpg

Ford Figo diesel - 6 months Ownership experience-image0854.jpg

Ford Figo diesel - 6 months Ownership experience-image0857.jpg

Ford Figo diesel - 6 months Ownership experience-image0859.jpg
Old 25th July 2011, 11:25   #109
BHPian

ODO on 25k kms exactly after a year of purchase

Ford Figo diesel - 6 months Ownership experience-image0876.jpg
Old 28th July 2011, 12:31   #110
BHPian

Hey figo_united,

Congratulation on the first b'day of your car. And 24k in one year, is simply rocking.

Need some guidance, I am planning to buy a figo diesel in a month and have a budget constraint of 5-5.5L. It would be very difficult for me to stretch it :( and so looking at the LXI and EXI versions.

What would you recommend?
I am thinking of going for the LXI and install the autocops and ICE instead of paying around 40k more for the EXI version.

I have created a new thread regarding the same and now i am unable to find the thread (I am new to Team-BHP) and so I am writing a personal post to most of the figo owners from Bangalore.

Thanks a lot for the guidance / suggestions
tckanth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2011, 13:36   #111
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tckanth View Post
Hey figo_united,

Congratulation on the first b'day of your car. And 24k in one year, is simply rocking.

Need some guidance, I am planning to buy a figo diesel in a month and have a budget constraint of 5-5.5L. It would be very difficult for me to stretch it :( and so looking at the LXI and EXI versions.

I am thinking of going for the LXI and install the autocops and ICE instead of paying around 40k more for the EXI version.

I have created a new thread regarding the same and now i am unable to find the thread (I am new to Team-BHP) and so I am writing a personal post to most of the figo owners from Bangalore.

Thanks a lot for the guidance / suggestions
If you are OK with anilisanil answering your query, then he thinks LXi is the best bet as of now. EXi and ZXi have been stripped down and do not match the price difference for the features they offer. So LXi it is for you.
anilisanil is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2011, 14:58   #112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

If i may ask. Why are you not looking at the new swift ldi which will be out next month.
gemithomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2011, 15:26   #113
BHPian

Smile Re: Ford Figo diesel - 6 months Ownership experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
If i may ask. Why are you not looking at the new swift ldi which will be out next month.
Hi Gemithomas,

I was eagerly waiting for the swift but
  • I've heard that the new swift will be priced around 30k more than the current versions which makes it slightly difficult for me financially
  • Secondly i am looking to own it by October 1st which is never possible for the swift with its waiting period beyond 3 months, and
  • I've been driving a swift for the past 4.5 years and i am looking for a change and hoping that figo would give me more space and slightly better riding comfort than the swift.
what would your thoughts be?
Old 28th July 2011, 16:44   #114
BHPian

Angry Re: Ford Figo diesel - 6 months Ownership experience

It appears that the Ac Evaporator failure issue is a common problem with all fords... I had replaced mine (Ford Fiesta 1.4 about 2 years after i got my car ) and now the similar issue has cropped up. Think FORD must issue a recall and get all the vehicles checked.
hothatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2011, 23:53   #115
BHPian

Thumbs up Re: Ford Figo diesel - 6 months Ownership experience

Quote:
If you are OK with anilisanil answering your query, then he thinks LXi is the best bet as of now. EXi and ZXi have been stripped down and do not match the price difference for the features they offer. So LXi it is for you.
Hi Anilsanil, Thanks a lot for your recommendation, infact i was thinking on the same lines and was hoping to install an ICE and may be upgrade the wheels and alloy using the differential amount.

any recommendations regarding the same?

@ Mods: if this is not the appropriate thread please feel free to move it.
Old 29th July 2011, 09:54   #116
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Anilsanil, Thanks a lot for your recommendation, infact i was thinking on the same lines and was hoping to install an ICE and may be upgrade the wheels and alloy using the differential amount.

any recommendations regarding the same?

@ Mods: if this is not the appropriate thread please feel free to move it.
Reg wheels, as long as you stick to the OEM size then no issues with suspension warranty which otherwise might go void. Installing ICE may result in voiding electrical warranty if excessive meddling with the wires is done.

I have no recommendations for alloys but heard that Michelin or Yokos are good. ICE has got no limit.
Old 29th July 2011, 12:31   #117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothatch View Post
It appears that the Ac Evaporator failure issue is a common problem with all fords... I had replaced mine (Ford Fiesta 1.4 about 2 years after i got my car ) and now the similar issue has cropped up. Think FORD must issue a recall and get all the vehicles checked.
Ooops. Thats really bad
But I haven't heard from the other figo owners here about this problem. So not sure if it can be classified as a generic issue.
Old 29th July 2011, 12:43   #118
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by figo_united View Post
Ooops. Thats really bad
But I haven't heard from the other figo owners here about this problem. So not sure if it can be classified as a generic issue.
No, there have been a few issues reported with a/c evaporator before. I am sure there are Figo owners who faced it.
Old 29th July 2011, 12:44   #119
BHPian

Quote:
Reg wheels, as long as you stick to the OEM size then no issues with suspension warranty which otherwise might go void. Installing ICE may result in voiding electrical warranty if excessive meddling with the wires is done.

I have no recommendations for alloys but heard that Michelin or Yokos are good. ICE has got no limit.
Thanks for your prompt response Anilisanil,
I've used michelin certis, xm1+ and GIII potenza on my swift and found michelins offered me better grip, smooth ride and definitely less noise. Never tried the Yokos and never experienced them either, would you be knowing how are the yoko's compare to the michelin's.

For the ICE part - Current swift setup includes
  • a pioneer unit with mp3, aux, usb, and ipod connectivity (upgraded from an alpine audio cd player unit) - Rs. 5000.
  • 4 channel JBL amp (i think its 600W) - Rs 12k along with the below speakers
  • JBL component speakers (with tweeters) in the front
  • Pioneer co-axial oval speakers at the rear
I am very happy with them and hoping to have something in the same price range and i've started searching and hopefully will find a similar setup.
Old 29th July 2011, 13:01   #120
BHPian

Quote:
No, there have been a few issues reported with a/c evaporator before. I am sure there are Figo owners who faced it.
I am one of them
Don't quite recollect any others. (Just searched the figo thread for "Evaporator" and I see only my post)