Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 29th July 2011, 13:21   #121
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Ford Figo diesel - 6 months Ownership experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by figo_united View Post
I am one of them
Don't quite recollect any others. (Just searched the figo thread for "Evaporator" and I see only my post)
My bad , @Tirthankar, http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...gottitude.html (Got FIGOttitude?). Got his fan changed and so did our good old Gemithomas recently.

I just got confused between these two issues.
anilisanil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2011, 16:34   #122
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tckanth View Post
Hi Gemithomas,

I was eagerly waiting for the swift but
  • I've heard that the new swift will be priced around 30k more than the current versions which makes it slightly difficult for me financially
  • Secondly i am looking to own it by October 1st which is never possible for the swift with its waiting period beyond 3 months, and
  • I've been driving a swift for the past 4.5 years and i am looking for a change and hoping that figo would give me more space and slightly better riding comfort than the swift.
what would your thoughts be?
The Figo was the real VFM car. But the news of the removal of features and increase in price would make me think again. I really dont know the price of other cars. But the swift D definitely has a better engine. And if Figo is not getting additional features at the same/lower price to compensate for the way the engine behaves and the quality of plastics and parts, i would surely be confused.
gemithomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2011, 10:32   #123
BHPian

Quote:
ODO on 25k kms exactly after a year of purchase
Awesome! Mine is 19800Kms after a year of purchase. Today is the Bday!

Need a info. I have done 20K service. They have replaced Engine Oil, Oil Filter and Sump Gasket and the bill was 3371 Rs.

Wanted to confirm with you what are the replacements done for your car. This question is because I have checked the owner manual, they have mentioned to replace Brake Fluid and Clutch Fluid also.
blorebuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2011, 14:20   #124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blorebuddy View Post
Awesome! Mine is 19800Kms after a year of purchase. Today is the Bday!

Need a info. I have done 20K service. They have replaced Engine Oil, Oil Filter and Sump Gasket and the bill was 3371 Rs.

Wanted to confirm with you what are the replacements done for your car. This question is because I have checked the owner manual, they have mentioned to replace Brake Fluid and Clutch Fluid also.
Happy b'day to your ride!
You can find all the details about my third service in this post

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post2346202 (Ford Figo diesel - 6 months Ownership experience)

I did check with them regarding the brake fluid and clutch fluid, but was told by SA that they can be replaced after 30k. Will get it done during the next service.
figo_united is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2011, 22:07   #125
BHPian

Got another problem fixed.
Was observing some humming noise along with the normal engine noise from the past week.
I was able to make out that it was coming from the belt near the power steering pump. Can be seen marked in this pic

gemi pointed me to a similar problem reported by Jayded in the engine stalling thread, and mine turned out to be the same.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post2490702

The timing idler pulley[1960/-] and the belt tensioner[1276/-] were replaced for free under warranty.

The engine noise is back to normal now
Old 3rd September 2011, 20:21   #126
BHPian

Quote:
Happy b'day to your ride!
Thanks. Where are you servicing your vehicle. I have done at Lathangi, BGhatta road as it is closer. Not satisfied with their quality of work. Looking for good options in south bangalore.
blorebuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2011, 22:04   #127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blorebuddy View Post
Thanks. Where are you servicing your vehicle. I have done at Lathangi, BGhatta road as it is closer. Not satisfied with their quality of work. Looking for good options in south bangalore.
I bought my car at Cauvery ford mysore and got the first two services done there itself.
The 20k service was done at Lathangi ford. I was pretty satisfied with the service, they took me for a ride with the billing on wheel balancing/alignment though!
Have been to lathangi for getting a couple of other problems fixed as well, and the experience was pretty good. (You can go through 3-4 pages back on this thread for details)
Old 6th October 2011, 02:42   #128
BHPian

i have the same problem with my FIGO.

it was acknowledged by Wasan FORD`s service advisor and he infact made me see that the noise is coming from here.

today FORD`s regional Manager and technician both say no such noise and infact refute whatever their own advisors acknowledged in writing on paper.

dont know what i must do now !

Quote:
Got another problem fixed.
Was observing some humming noise along with the normal engine noise from the past week.
I was able to make out that it was coming from the belt near the power steering pump. Can be seen marked in this pic

gemi pointed me to a similar problem reported by Jayded in the engine stalling thread, and mine turned out to be the same.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post2490702

The timing idler pulley[1960/-] and the belt tensioner[1276/-] were replaced for free under warranty.

The engine noise is back to normal now
Dinesh_Malhotra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2011, 09:22   #129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinesh_Malhotra View Post
i have the same problem with my FIGO.

it was acknowledged by Wasan FORD`s service advisor and he infact made me see that the noise is coming from here.

today FORD`s regional Manager and technician both say no such noise and infact refute whatever their own advisors acknowledged in writing on paper.

dont know what i must do now !
Oh thats bad! For me it was a 30 minute job.I showed them where the noise is coming from, they took a test ride, confirmed the problem, and replaced the faulty parts.
You should obviously push for the free replacement under warranty.
Try another dealership if possible.
Old 10th November 2011, 15:51   #130
BHPian

Hi Folks,
I am almost closing on Figo Diesel EXI being a 'value for money' proposition.
The story till now:
- Called up all 3 dealers (Metro, Cauvery, Lathangi) in Bangalore on 09-Nov. Metro and Cauvery guys were eager to meet me and also offered a door-step test drive of the vehicle. However, it was completely different experience with Lathangi. I had to personally push for a test drive (at my place) which the lady clearly denied saying 'Its better that you come to our showroom sir'. She also went on explaining me about the pricing, features, availability and so on, however my request was only for a test drive.
- Got a call this morning, and it was Cauvery this time. The guy fixed an appointment at 12:30PM and came with grey Titanium varient. The car felt like a 'Demo' car although it looked like a private car from exterior and no 'Demo' sticker as well.
- Ride was good, drove about 5Kms within Bangalore city.
Few observations:
# Some rattling noise on rough terrains (not sure from where it appeared, sales guy pointed the rear number plate and hopefully it will be fixed by two way tape)
# Adhoc Vibration and noise from engine (I think this comes when the AC belt is in motion and goes off in few seconds)
# Interiors were dull and plastics felt not up to the mark (perhaps its not the case with new vehicle)
# Some other known issues like: no rear power windows, rear window opens only 60%, bonnet opening lever on co-passanger side, no steering mounted audio controls, USB drive in glove box, rear wiper switch which is actually the flash in most of the cars.

-------------------

* Figo owners, please comment on above issues and also on Cavery Ford dealership (buying) experiance.
* Metro and Lathangi, yet to hear from them. Are they better then Cavery (read some horrifying stories)?
* Also would like to know what deals can I expect if I push them a bit (accessories, goodies, etc) considering its a year end.
* What are the prevaling loan rates in the market?
* Which bank offers least/best interest rates?

Thanks in advance for your answers.
Regards, Sary
sary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2011, 16:31   #131
BHPian

Sorry for the late response but my thoughts on your thoughts

# Some rattling noise on rough terrains (not sure from where it appeared, sales guy pointed the rear number plate and hopefully it will be fixed by two way tape) - I dont have any of this. So cant comment
# Adhoc Vibration and noise from engine (I think this comes when the AC belt is in motion and goes off in few seconds) - Engine noise by default increases when you switch on the AC. But as far as I am concerned, cabin insulation is amazing so when you roll all the windows up, this is minimal - I have a petrol Figo ZXi
# Interiors were dull and plastics felt not up to the mark (perhaps its not the case with new vehicle) - Plastics are not the best, they are not the worst either. IMO, they are much better than Maruti
# Some other known issues like: no rear power windows, rear window opens only 60%, bonnet opening lever on co-passanger side, no steering mounted audio controls, USB drive in glove box, rear wiper switch which is actually the flash in most of the cars.
No rear power windows was never an issue for me. I rarely (and even rarely see as well) fully lowered rear windows on cars - the wind is just too strong for confort. USB in glove box is not an issue for me either and there is enough room in there for a usb device. I do sometimes wish steering mounted controls were available.
Rear wiper switch is something I got used in in a day. Yes, in ONE day. No issues there.

Now my own running question: This morning, when I started driving out, the rpm was around 1500. This is normal, it goes to about 700-800 in sometime. But I was noticing a little lag in power/heaviness. Also after driving about 9 kms, the idling speed was still around the 1300 mark. I was wondering if (like in carburetted engines) there is a choke or some such which increases the rpm? How do ecu's work? Is it something I need to be worried about? I will check again when I go back from office and update. In the meantime, I would really appreciate some thoughts around this? Thanks in advance, experts.
gtonsing is offline   Reply With Quote