Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 22nd March 2012, 15:06   #76
BHPian

Default Re: Powered by mHawk, driven by me! The Mahindra Scorpio

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhkris View Post
Nice thread Avinash. It was wonderful and informative to read your info on buying a used Scorpio. Any new updates and pics?
Thanks madhkris. Glad to know you found it useful. Its been a really long time that I updated this thread. Haven't had much to update. Will upload some pics this weekend.
aviorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2012, 20:49   #77
BHPian

Hey guys,
Its been a really long time I updated this thread. Nothing much apart from the regular service after returning from Leh. Few pics taken today in NICE road and some of my favourites.

Powered by mHawk, driven by me! The Mahindra Scorpio-dscn2573.jpg

Powered by mHawk, driven by me! The Mahindra Scorpio-dscn2577.jpg

Powered by mHawk, driven by me! The Mahindra Scorpio-dscn2583.jpg

Got these Ovion Seat covers installed a few weeks ago. Offers pretty decent comfort and the fitting is exemplary. Slightly Pricey though, 16K.

Powered by mHawk, driven by me! The Mahindra Scorpio-dscn2584.jpg

Powered by mHawk, driven by me! The Mahindra Scorpio-dscn2585.jpg

Powered by mHawk, driven by me! The Mahindra Scorpio-dscn2586.jpg

Powered by mHawk, driven by me! The Mahindra Scorpio-dscn2589.jpg

Powered by mHawk, driven by me! The Mahindra Scorpio-dscn2593.jpg

Powered by mHawk, driven by me! The Mahindra Scorpio-dscn2590.jpg

This pic reminds me of..

Powered by mHawk, driven by me! The Mahindra Scorpio-dscn2580.jpg

..These

Powered by mHawk, driven by me! The Mahindra Scorpio-dscn0708.jpg

Powered by mHawk, driven by me! The Mahindra Scorpio-dscn1105.jpg

These are my all time favourites

Powered by mHawk, driven by me! The Mahindra Scorpio-dscn1118.jpg

Powered by mHawk, driven by me! The Mahindra Scorpio-dscn1160.jpg

Powered by mHawk, driven by me! The Mahindra Scorpio-dscn1381.jpg

Powered by mHawk, driven by me! The Mahindra Scorpio-dscn1434.jpg

This is where he stands as of today. About 39K Kms in a year & half (from the time I purchased)

Powered by mHawk, driven by me! The Mahindra Scorpio-dscn2595.jpg

Btw, we had been to Kanyakumari in Jan. So, he has now ran across the length of India

Regards
Avinash

Last edited by aviorp : 1st April 2012 at 20:54.
aviorp is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2013, 01:53   #78
BHPian

Hi All,

I know this thread is about Scorpio with the mHawk heart but I felt like sharing some pics of the Scorpio's younger sibling with the same heart. Xylo E9. I too purchased a used Xylo and the whole reason behind buying this was I always wanted a SUV/ MUV vehicle which could seat more than 5 people comfortably, should be reliable and should be drivable on rural roads. I had been to Leh last year on my Bullet and since then was bitten by the mountain bug. The other reason for selling my 2.5 yrs old WagonR and buying this white beast was a friend who sold his pre-owned waggy for a Xylo although both our vehicles are leagues apart (his is Feb 2009 and mine is Oct 2012).

It wasn't that I wasn't happy with my WagonR or it had issues etc but the idea of doing some quality driving away from the hustle bustle made me think in that direction and the obvious choice was a vehicle capable of doing that with ease. something with a good ground clearance and power.

Soon after knowing my friends thoughtful decision, I started to look out for various dealers in my city for around 3 yr old vehicle in good shape and off course with complete service record. Even saw a few Scorpio's but the somewhat cramped interiors did not appeal me as also the dash and overall cabin feel and hence zeroed down on Xylo. Some dealers tried changing my mind to go for Innova but in the same price bracket I was looking for, I would get atleast 6 yrs old Innova. Had heard from a friend that Innova's are good in City and Highway but not on rural roads and hence immediately gave up thinking on it.

Saw a couple of Xylo's which were quoted exorbitantly but were not maintained or were run too much. Finally zeroed down on a 2010 June model E8 with mEagle engine which was comparatively less run and was immaculately maintained. Took a TD of the vehicle and found it good since the running was less and it was accident free. Price quoted was 6.5 lacs with the dealer but knew it was overpriced. I was looking for other vehicles online on Olx and Quikr where owners can directly post their add so that the dealer margin is negated and found a listing on Olx which was to my liking.

This was a 2012 Oct Model, white color, new shape, E9 with mHawk engine, fully loaded with ABS & Airbags, Voice Command Technology, Steering mounted controls, Italian leather seats and other goodies to name a few. Dropped a message to the owner but did not get a response for 3-4 days and hence thought it might have sold since it was a very recent vehicle. One fine Saturday, got a call from the owner and we immediately decided to meet. He had to come to Mahindra ASC for servicing the vehicle and fortunately the ASC is bang opposite my complex which was a big advantage. We finalized on the date and I took a leave for few other personal things and mainly for seeing this vehicle. The moment I saw this vehicle, I fell in love with it. Price quoted was around 2 lacs more than the one I had earlier seen but this vehicle was less than half the mileage the previous one had run, was a new look model, almost 2 yrs younger to the previous one and most importantly had 3 yrs/ 1,00,000 kms warranty on it which was transferable. To add to it, there was an extended warranty for another year which I can renew before completion of first 2 years of the company warranty. This was giving me a headache free warranty of almost 3.25 years.

Took a TD and verbally finalized it. Had some jugad done in the ASC through a friend who too owns a Xylo and got the vehicle checked since the servicing was regularly done at the same service center. We also saw the history of the vehicle and there was nothing major replaced/ repaired apart from regular servicing and a leaked hydraulic power steering pipe. The advisor okayed it and we finalized on the amount. I did not negotiate much as I did not wanted the deal to slip out of my hand and hence finalized at 8.4 Lacs.

Couple of weeks later, made the payment and got this beats home. In the meanwhile finalized the deal of my WagonR and got a fair price for it too as I has maintained it immaculately. My friends called that guy Lucky as he got my immaculately maintained vehicle

It's been almost 1K kms now and the fun of driving a powerful and height-ed vehicle is very different. Posting a few pics in the 3M studio where I got it polished and cleaned internally before taking it home. Don't have the post treatment pics as my cell had got completely discharged by then. Will post them soon from my friends and brothers cell. Haven't done any rural ride but roads in city do not keep you too far from that feeling especially in the monsoons.
Will post few more pics of the vehicle soon. offcourse not as good as the Scoprio in this thread but decent ones..

Thanks for reading.

Regards,
Rahul
Attached Thumbnails