Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 8th January 2013, 12:36   #241
BHPian

Default Re: Finally a modern hatch: Hyundai i10 Sportz AT

The lugging sound is back. Steep slope with A/C, 20 kmph and accelerating. Don't know if there is a permanent fix to this

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_himan View Post
Quick update guys.

Got my ECM updated from HMP Mumbai today. I emailed Hyundai help line and then got a call from Modi Hyundai who told me they would need to send the ECM to Chennai. I then called up the helpline who directed me to HMP.

The procedure hardly took 5 min. Done through the OBD2 port. Also finished my second servicing (3.2K, 6 months) ~ Rs.1000 for engine oil change + filter. Also put in 3M underbody coating for Rs. 2.8K (5 yr warranty). The job was well done.

The rattling noise is completely gone. I feel the gear changes have become smoother too. However, with the A/C switched on, the engine revs at a slightly higher idle RPM. Apparently, this is a fix for the engine to work with lower octane.

All in all, a nice A.S.S. experience. Just wish Hyundai had been proactive about this instead of leaving it to owners to discover.
d_himan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2013, 17:10   #242
Team-BHP Support

Check the service bill for my Grand Vitara, and cry: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post3040425
Samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2013, 00:11   #243
Team-BHP Support

At least the FE of my AT has become stable at around 12-13 kmpl. Thanks to longs runs open roads. Initially it used to be around 9-10. And that was in real bumper to bumper traffic.
ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2013, 16:27   #244
BHPian

Quote:
The lugging sound is back. Steep slope with A/C, 20 kmph and accelerating. Don't know if there is a permanent fix to this
@d_himan - We discussed about this the last time you were searching for a solution. In my case too, the sound re-surfaced after a few months of ECM upgrade. But I have sold it now.

I remember the Technical Advisor at the dealership informing me about some upgrades that had been released in the last few months. Why dont you check with your service staff and get it patched up?
convivial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2013, 12:42   #245
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by convivial View Post
@d_himan - We discussed about this the last time you were searching for a solution. In my case too, the sound re-surfaced after a few months of ECM upgrade. But I have sold it now.

I remember the Technical Advisor at the dealership informing me about some upgrades that had been released in the last few months. Why dont you check with your service staff and get it patched up?
oh, recurred for you too? Yes, will need to flash it once again. The problem is only the HMP dealer is doing it here in Mumbai - real pain to take time out and for a 50km one way drive - my wife uses the car.

What a pain! Especially when the rest of the car is performing flawlessly.
Old 8th March 2013, 21:22   #246
BHPian

Quote:
oh, recurred for you too? Yes, will need to flash it once again. The problem is only the HMP dealer is doing it here in Mumbai - real pain to take time out and for a 50km one way drive - my wife uses the car.

What a pain! Especially when the rest of the car is performing flawlessly.
I just booked my Sportz AT. Has your problem sorted after the ECM flash.? I am a little worried since everybody seems to have this knocking problem in their AT.

My other car is a honda city ivtec AT which does not seem to have any issues.

The only reason i dint go for the brio AT is because of the long waiting period.
abhijitnallani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2013, 22:22   #247
Team-BHP Support

What knocking problem? Never had that in my AT.
Old 16th March 2013, 11:22   #248
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhijitnallani View Post
I just booked my Sportz AT. Has your problem sorted after the ECM flash.? I am a little worried since everybody seems to have this knocking problem in their AT.

My other car is a honda city ivtec AT which does not seem to have any issues.

The only reason i dint go for the brio AT is because of the long waiting period.
Yes, back to normal after the ECM flash. Don't know if it will come back again after 9-10 months like it did the last time 'round.

My other car is an Accord AT and it doesn't have any issues too.
Old 16th March 2013, 11:24   #249
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
What knocking problem? Never had that in my AT.
Known issue - HMIL issued a TSB for the same. Knocking/lugging sound at 30-40kmph on a slope.
Old 10th September 2013, 18:04   #250
Team-BHP Support

Today I gave my i10 for service at Trident Hyundai, Kalyan Nagar. Before the SA even started off, I told him I have a Grand Vitara whose service bill is always smaller than i10 service bill.

He got the message and didn't recommend any optional service. Got the wheels balanced, rotated and aligned for the first time. Still, bill exceeded 6K.

But I am happy with the service though. It came back with a pristine feel.
Samurai is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2013, 17:51   #251
BHPian

Samurai

We are considering an i10 AT. It will be my wife's errand car. So the running won't exceed more than 3-4K per annum. Based on your expererince so far, would you recommend i10 AT?

Thanks
Rajain
Rajain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2013, 17:57   #252
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajain View Post
Samurai

We are considering an i10 AT. It will be my wife's errand car. So the running won't exceed more than 3-4K per annum. Based on your expererince so far, would you recommend i10 AT?

Thanks
Rajain
You should rather consider the Grand i10 AT today.

Its better than the i10 in almost every aspect.

Last edited by DCEite : 13th November 2013 at 17:58.
DCEite is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2013, 00:51   #253
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Samurai

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
+1

I have been having the Gen 1 i10 AT for more than 4 years. Works like a charm. Odo just around 20K. The Grand I10 would definitely be a better choice. But in case there are budget concerns i10 AT is surely good. That only thing that goes against it is the bumpy ride (which has been fixed to quite an extent in the Grand I10)
ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2013, 09:27   #254
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Well, my car is about complete 3 years in next 3 months. So far it has done 12k. It is a great errand car, but it has had it's share of niggles. Do compare with other AT cars in the segment. When I purchased it, the A-Star was the only competition.
Old 14th November 2013, 19:45   #255
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post

Thank you. I should have seen that also. Will do some more reading and take a test drive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
+1

I have been having the Gen 1 i10 AT for more than 4 years. Works like a charm. Odo just around 20K. The Grand I10 would definitely be a better choice. But in case there are budget concerns i10 AT is surely good. That only thing that goes against it is the bumpy ride (which has been fixed to quite an extent in the Grand I10)
The max number of users in her present A Star have been 4. Otherwise its mostly single or 2 folks in it. Its not seen a highway also. Chances are the use of i10 AT won't be any different. I am going to check it out also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Well, my car is about complete 3 years in next 3 months. So far it has done 12k. It is a great errand car, but it has had it's share of niggles. Do compare with other AT cars in the segment. When I purchased it, the A-Star was the only competition.
Thank you. Would you say after your share of niggles would be a deal breaker or was the service good enough and they were able to sort matters within a customer satisfying time frame. I am aware of the ECM issue in your reports. In the segment we don't like the Brio. The Desire has a AT but we are not looking for a car with boot. Won't be used. What are the other options in the same price band?

Last edited by Rajain : 14th November 2013 at 19:54.
Rajain is offline   Reply With Quote