Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 31st January 2012, 12:39   #91
BHPian

Default re: Maruti Suzuki Baleno @ 58000 Kms. EDIT: Now Sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by premdiv View Post
They bypassed that connection alone using an external wire piece. Not sure whether this part is creating problem, but giving it a try as they cannot find the fault with the vehicle.... After that the issue was not reproducible so far....will keep you guys posted on this...
Hope this issue is solved. If it ever surfaces again, please do check whether fuel is getting supplied. I've faced similar issue on my Esteem which we eventually traced back to faulty Fuel pump relay. Till then my workaround was to park the car and pretend to be sightseeing, till the car cools down
WhiteKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2012, 13:34   #92
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker
supremebaleno - keep checking the battery health (green / white mark on the battery) - if it is white / opaque, get it charged with a battery charging center.
Checked the Amaron today morning before driving to work and the indicator is green. Now, assuming no issues with the alternator, it is being charged while the car is running. However, it might not hurt to have it charged once and then observe if I see the starting-trouble issue.
supremeBaleno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2012, 17:35   #93
Senior - BHPian

Some Amarons last really long - vipul_singh on the forum mentioned that he changed his car's battery (Amaron PRO) after 6 years. If the indicator is green, then it is a good sign.

Charging a battery on stand usually costs Rs 20/-, you may have to charge it for 24-48 hours depending on the condition of the battery.

Last edited by planet_rocker : 1st February 2012 at 17:37.
planet_rocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2012, 17:58   #94
Senior - BHPian

Problem with having two cars and living in apartment (Which has one car park associated with each apartment). I need to park my Baleno in a different place, its covered hence not a problem but my car cleaner does not clean it there. Hence now i personally go and get it washed nearby every 15 days, Looking at the quality i am thinking maybe this will work out cheaper .

Every time i think of eventually i will have to sell her (~2 years from now), she comes back after a visit to the parlor and blows me away. I am not very emotional person (especially for things) but we have seen some of the good and bad times together. I know eventually old will be replaced by new but still have a soft corner for her. Here are some of the pictures after parlor trip.

I am contemplating sending her to my hometown where i go once in 3-6 months so as she wont be driven too much at the same time will be able to serve for many many years to come. What do others think?

This is the best wheels cleaning that i have seen. Absolutely shiny after wash.
Maruti Suzuki Baleno @ 58000 Kms. EDIT: Now Sold!-wheels-cleaning.jpg
Maruti Suzuki Baleno @ 58000 Kms. EDIT: Now Sold!-wheels-cheaning-1.jpg

Applying shampoo
Maruti Suzuki Baleno @ 58000 Kms. EDIT: Now Sold!-body-shampoo.jpg
Maruti Suzuki Baleno @ 58000 Kms. EDIT: Now Sold!-body-shampoo-2.jpg

Final result after cleaning
Maruti Suzuki Baleno @ 58000 Kms. EDIT: Now Sold!-final-result-1.jpg
Maruti Suzuki Baleno @ 58000 Kms. EDIT: Now Sold!-final-result-2.jpg
Maruti Suzuki Baleno @ 58000 Kms. EDIT: Now Sold!-final-result-3.jpg

Last edited by mayankjha1806 : 4th February 2012 at 18:00.
mayankjha1806 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2012, 15:18   #95
Distinguished - BHPian

^^^ Don't they lift her up to clean the underbody, wheel well etc ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno
@planet_rocker, Thanks, man. Will check the battery condition. Actually it has been a long-pending toDo item for me to try charging the battery and then see if this issue still happens.
Finally the mystery seems solved, even without charging. I borrowed a battery-tester from a mechanic-friend and checked the Baleno's battery today. When tested, while the voltage is indicated as 12.6, the test result says NOK (replace battery). The other 2 possible results are OK and OK-ButNeedsCharging. So, looks like I need to change battery ASAP. BTW, it shows CCA (Cold Crank Amps) of the battery as 350, though I am not sure what it should be for the Baleno - my mechanic friend says it should be 380.

BTW when I tested the battery on my Dad's Swift with the same tester, it rated the battery as Good (OK). Amazing battery-life given that it is the OE battery that came with the car 5 years ago and the car is only rarely used (23K kms in 5 years).

Last edited by supremeBaleno : 6th February 2012 at 15:20.
Old 6th February 2012, 15:25   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
^^^ Don't they lift her up to clean the underbody, wheel well etc ?
Yes they do. Actually that's one area i forgot to take snaps off, and even write about it. They not only raise the car but clean the under-body with soap and water, this includes the wheel arches insides, the alloy wheels insides etc.

Apart from this the interior Vacuum cleaning.
Old 6th February 2012, 15:45   #97
Distinguished - BHPian

Yep, I guessed so, because otherwise the wash is not complete. I got the Swift washed similarly and the job was good - cost me Rs450 at Kerala. How much did it cost for the Baleno ?
Old 29th February 2012, 16:53   #98
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
How much did it cost for the Baleno ?
The guy is quiet cheap, INR 300.

One of these days i might take the car to Red Roaster Performance guys to see what they think of the car and how can they help me restore some of it back to glory.

Here are some details (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...bangalore.html (Red Rooster Performance sets up a 2nd shop in Bangalore!)).

Any idea how much i should budget? Do they work on suspensions, i might consider changing the suspensions etc? apart form some performance work.
Old 15th March 2012, 17:35   #99
BHPian

Love this thread. I have a Silky Silver 2006 Baleno too and I still have it and I love every single day I get to drive it. Though I love driving a lot, it is absolutely pointless to take my car out if I want to drive solo in the crazy Bangalore traffic. So most of the time she day dreams in her little garage were she is pampered. This shows on the odometer and it reads 23936 km as of today. Talk about sparingly used??? Mine's brand new!!!

I am really fortunate I have driven a lot of cars from the early 90's and 2000's of all there are 4 cars that are close to my heart and these are I am really sure the all time favorites of people like me who would never get to buy a BMW or a Merc in this lifetime. Again I am a hardcore 80's and 90's man so for me the sort of designs for cars that I like needs to have a bit of the 80's or 90's or the early 2000's charm to it. Here is what my little dream car collection would look like, 1. The good old Honda City VTEC, 2. The Mitsubishi Lancer SFXi (Red), 3. The Maruti Suzuki Baleno (there was a blue color that was available for the Baleno the name of the color I really cant recollect, I love that color.) and 4. The Skoda Octavia RS (Red). I would like to add one more car to this, I have never driven it but I have driven it a lot in video games, the Toyota Corolla AE86 fully tuned no idea why.
ron_9191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2012, 06:17   #100
Senior - BHPian

Noticed yesterday, there is a kat-kat sound coming when i am going through the rough roads and the steering is turned right or left, if its straight this sound does not come (although there are others ).

Any idea, had shown it to one of mechanics and asked specific questions around the steering, and if it needs some work. He mentioned it is fine, but i am not convinced.

Another thing is after driving Civic, the ride on Baleno feels harsher and jarring, is there something that can be done to smoother it out, or does it needs some work on rear suspensions, or bushes as well?
Old 2nd April 2012, 01:44   #101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankjha1806 View Post
Noticed yesterday, there is a kat-kat sound coming when i am going through the rough roads and the steering is turned right or left, if its straight this sound does not come (although there are others ).
Ah. You have lower arm work coming up I changed the set on my car last year. Costs around 15K all inclusive for the front pair. SGP.

Quote:
Another thing is after driving Civic, the ride on Baleno feels harsher and jarring, is there something that can be done to smoother it out, or does it needs some work on rear suspensions, or bushes as well?
It is a bit stiffer. But I like it that way. A soft car and stiffer one .. Suspension work should not ideally be required at 60K odd kms. My car has done 82K and the suspension is still not complaining.

Btw, your car really looks in good shape - hardly any visible scratches etc !
shuvc is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2012, 10:25   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
Ah. You have lower arm work coming up I changed the set on my car last year. Costs around 15K all inclusive for the front pair. SGP.
Lower arm assembly was changed last year in April (Details in post number 42, page 3). Would they have gone bad so soon again. I would not be surprised if they did as lately have been having trouble with SGP parts quality (They don't last as long as the original).

Any other ideas what else could be wrong?
Old 2nd April 2012, 14:38   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Lower arm assembly was changed last year in April (Details in post number 42, page 3). Would they have gone bad so soon again. I would not be surprised if they did as lately have been having trouble with SGP parts quality (They don't last as long as the original).

Any other ideas what else could be wrong?
Isn't that sound typical of Balenos, which is associated with the steering column? If not, just jack up the wheel and shake it to see whether there is any play?
WhiteKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2012, 12:13   #104

Hi

I am the second owner of Baleno 2006 LXI model, 59000 Kms done. Funny but true...was looking for a second hand Civic for about 6 months when I happened to see this Baleno at a Maruti True Value display. When I brought the car 1.5 years back the reading was 47000 and I paid 3.65 Lacs. Came with Black leather seats, Panasonic Music System, Rear Antenna and 5 Alloy wheels and non-stock tyres. Except for seat height adjustment this LXI has almost all the features of the VXI.

Except for the fuel bills and 3M Sun Control (2,300), I have hardly spent any money on the Car. The first 3 free True Value service(s) cost me about 1K. @ 55000 changed the engine oil to Mobil Synthetic and the total spend including service was about 5K. The last service before a trip to Kodagu cost me 2K.

During the 1 year True Value warranty period, I got the following warrant replacements done at no extra cost.
  1. New Radiator - 5,500 Approx (Leaking detected in the old one)
  2. Rear Wheel Bearing - 8,500 Approx (As advised in the Service Report)
  3. Censor - 2,400 Approx (Contineous glow of Orange light on the DB)
Great Car ! Driving this car is a pleasure ! Anyone who loves cars and drives a Baleno, will never want to let this car go at any time. The only reason I may sell this car in future is due to the high cost of spares !

Appreciate some inputs/advice from forum on the following as I intend to spend some money on the car and keep it for 2-3 years.
  1. Maruti Service Centers are no good. Is there a reliable mechanic shop in Bangalore which can do quality job ?
  2. Planning to convert to gas. BRC kit - Quote 45,000. After the 7 rupee hike recently on auto gas, I am unable to decide. I will be driving about 60 Kms a day..5 days a week starting May-12 due to re-location and no cab route available from office.
  3. One of the front head lamps looks scratchy and dull. I am told the cost of replacing the unit is 12k. Can buffing/polishing help instead of replacement ? Who can do this @ Bangalore ?
  4. After 3-4 long trips and driving on bad roads, I get thud noises every time I hit a rough patch. No issues whatsoever on good roads. Considering that the car is nearing the 60K Kms mark, is the car due for a suspension job ? Or changing the bushes is good to go for sometime ?
  5. There is a issue with the rear door window regulator not working well and I am told that I replace. Cost around 8,000. During the last service, the motor has been disconnected as a stop gap measure. Can this be repaired instead of replacement.
  6. Any other stuff I need to get done on the car at this point of time (60K Kms)
  7. I travel to US twice a year. I am told that I can pick up Baleno SGP spare parts at 1/3 the price quoted here and is available in online stores. Anyone has any idea on this one ? Will those spare parts match the requirement of Indian model(s) ?
Appreciate your advice/help. Please state approx rates for suggested alternatives.
ponzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2012, 10:04   #105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponzi View Post
  1. Maruti Service Centers are no good. Is there a reliable mechanic shop in Bangalore which can do quality job ?
  2. Planning to convert to gas. BRC kit - Quote 45,000. After the 7 rupee hike recently on auto gas, I am unable to decide. I will be driving about 60 Kms a day..5 days a week starting May-12 due to re-location and no cab route available from office.
  3. One of the front head lamps looks scratchy and dull. I am told the cost of replacing the unit is 12k. Can buffing/polishing help instead of replacement ? Who can do this @ Bangalore ?
  4. After 3-4 long trips and driving on bad roads, I get thud noises every time I hit a rough patch. No issues whatsoever on good roads. Considering that the car is nearing the 60K Kms mark, is the car due for a suspension job ? Or changing the bushes is good to go for sometime ?
  5. There is a issue with the rear door window regulator not working well and I am told that I replace. Cost around 8,000. During the last service, the motor has been disconnected as a stop gap measure. Can this be repaired instead of replacement.
  6. Any other stuff I need to get done on the car at this point of time (60K Kms)
  7. I travel to US twice a year. I am told that I can pick up Baleno SGP spare parts at 1/3 the price quoted here and is available in online stores. Anyone has any idea on this one ? Will those spare parts match the requirement of Indian model(s) ?
  1. One of the fellow BHPians @lavish_n suggested to use Suraksha Motors, there is a gentleman called Keshav, can PM you his number. They are supposedly good. Haven't tried them myself.
  2. Cannot suggest anything on Gas kit, there are dedicated threads for that. I think it would help if you post the query there as well.
  3. There is another thread on giving the headlamps another life, search for thread. Here it is (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...cond-life.html (Gave my headlights a second life!)). This one is in Bangalore so you can post the query to the BHPian and maybe drive to that place.
  4. Thud sound means maybe suspension work coming up, BTW 60K is probably OK, but if driven carefully they do last up-to 70K.
  5. 8k for the rear door switch is too much, try asking when you visit Suraksha, and do remember to post the solution (if you find one) for the benefit of others (including myself) .
  6. 60K Check clutch, if they are OK, get engine de-carbonised, and change gear oil apart from regular service.
  7. No clue about Suzuki parts in US, not sure if someone else can throw some light on that aspect.

Last edited by mayankjha1806 : 10th April 2012 at 10:06.