Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 10th April 2012, 11:24   #106
BHPian

Default re: Maruti Suzuki Baleno @ 58000 Kms. EDIT: Now Sold!

Since we are discussing batteris could someone please measure the voltage at the batt with a multimeter? I would like to know the voltage at idle and also the voltage with full load( A/C, Lights, ICE at full blast).

My amaron batt is about 8mos old and it refuses to hold charge for too long. The batt guy says it isnt charging but discharging under load and there is probably a leak somewhere. I use it twice a week during the day without the lights or A/C and low music. I disconnected the boot light and amps but the same thing happened!

I thought id gather some info before heading to mandovi.

Sorry to hijack your thread, mayank!

Cheers!
james is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2012, 12:23   #107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by james View Post
Since we are discussing batteris could someone please measure the voltage at the batt with a multimeter?
Sorry to hijack your thread, mayank!
You are welcome. On the battery thingy, go to a local shop first so as he can check the battery. I have seen my local guy check it with some pump sort of thing and some voltage checker. Once that is through you can choose to go to Mandovi or someplace else like Suraksha Motors that i had posted in the earlier post.

The electrical checks are of the worst kind as they take quiet long to debug, never had this problem in my cars in Bangalore, but in Chennai my Indica had some electrical problem by rat chewing some wire and the naked exposed wire was touching the body letting all the charge go to the ground. Get this checked.
mayankjha1806 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2012, 14:28   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankjha1806 View Post
You are welcome. On the battery thingy, go to a local shop first so as he can check the battery. I have seen my local guy check it with some pump sort of thing and some voltage checker. Once that is through you can choose to go to Mandovi or someplace else like Suraksha Motors that i had posted in the earlier post.

The electrical checks are of the worst kind as they take quiet long to debug, never had this problem in my cars in Bangalore, but in Chennai my Indica had some electrical problem by rat chewing some wire and the naked exposed wire was touching the body letting all the charge go to the ground. Get this checked.
Thank you, mayank! The car did have a very bad rat infestation last year just before i changed the battery! Looking back, im wondering if the old batt actually neeed replacement! Will check the wires this weekend!
james is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2012, 03:15   #109

Quote:
  1. One of the fellow BHPians @lavish_n suggested to use Suraksha Motors, there is a gentleman called Keshav, can PM you his number. They are supposedly good. Haven't tried them myself.
  2. Cannot suggest anything on Gas kit, there are dedicated threads for that. I think it would help if you post the query there as well.
  3. There is another thread on giving the headlamps another life, search for thread. Here it is (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...cond-life.html (Gave my headlights a second life!)). This one is in Bangalore so you can post the query to the BHPian and maybe drive to that place.
  4. Thud sound means maybe suspension work coming up, BTW 60K is probably OK, but if driven carefully they do last up-to 70K.
  5. 8k for the rear door switch is too much, try asking when you visit Suraksha, and do remember to post the solution (if you find one) for the benefit of others (including myself) .
  6. 60K Check clutch, if they are OK, get engine de-carbonised, and change gear oil apart from regular service.
  7. No clue about Suzuki parts in US, not sure if someone else can throw some light on that aspect.
Thank you Mayank for the inputs. Will look into.
ponzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2012, 20:33   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteKnight

Hope this issue is solved. If it ever surfaces again, please do check whether fuel is getting supplied. I've faced similar issue on my Esteem which we eventually traced back to faulty Fuel pump relay. Till then my workaround was to park the car and pretend to be sightseeing, till the car cools down
The issue is still there. Looks like its a relay prob. but maruti guys still not able to find the cause. Also now when I take a turn my rear tyres are touching the wheel arch.
premdiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2012, 12:37   #111
Senior - BHPian

The AC in the car is completely gone dull, in the afternoon it does not throw cold air (Feels cold when i put my hand in front of the vent, but does not cool the cabin at all).

I am guessing either its a condenser issue or its low on the Gas. Is 65+K right time for some necessary AC re-haul work?
Old 14th May 2012, 13:37   #112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The AC in the car is completely gone dull, in the afternoon it does not throw cold air (Feels cold when i put my hand in front of the vent, but does not cool the cabin at all).

I am guessing either its a condenser issue or its low on the Gas. Is 65+K right time for some necessary AC re-haul work?
Considering the fact that this car has one of the best AC's , it's about time you got a over haul of the AC done at 65k. First get the gas recharged and check if the situation changes, if not then go for a complete overhaul.
rjstyles69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2012, 21:53   #113
BHPian

Hi guys please recommend any good local mechanic in trivandrum kerala for my baleno. I'm not at all happy with mass.
premdiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2012, 16:02   #114
Senior - BHPian

Gave the car to CarZ on Sarjapur road for some necessary repairs which were pending for long long time, like AC and suspension. Apart from this there were quiet a few scratches and dents all around which needed to be repaired.

The car is now at ~66777 Kms.
Old 8th August 2012, 10:58   #115
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Maruti Suzuki Baleno @ 67000 Kms

The car is back from CarZ and is again driving like a new one. The AC work done has been very effective, some AC gas filling apart form cleaning and at speed one it chills the cabin.

I have left the lower arms as they are, there is a slight play and it make mild kat-kat sound when going over rough roads. A pair of them costs 11K and i replaced them about 12K kms back hence do not wish to change them again so soon. Pathetic quality of parts from SGP.

The Denting painting work was also done as there were quiet a few dents. Rear door and rear quarter panel needed to be painted. It was cost effective at CarZ and the paint quality looks good.

The usual engine oil, air filter, etc were replaced and engine feels much smoother now.

Like i said before, at 67k on the odometer, sometimes i feel like changing this car but every time it comes back from service it surprises me and feels good enough to keep going for another 4-5 years.
Old 8th August 2012, 13:10   #116
Senior - BHPian

Mayank, could you share the cost of your car's service at Carz including denting and painting costs.

There are after market lower arms available for Baleno which cost 4K for a pair. These are on par with the SGP one's and it's been more than 10K kms since I last changed them and still going strong. Since these are 1/3rd the cost of SGP lower arms. I am planning to replace them every 20000KMs.
speedmiester is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2012, 13:41   #117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmiester View Post
Mayank, could you share the cost of your car's service at Carz including denting and painting costs.

There are after market lower arms available for Baleno which cost 4K for a pair.
The total came to ~20K which included 6K for denting and painting, another 6K for essentials (Like Engine oil, filter, fuel lines cleaning, and other liquids), another ~5k for AC repair which included some parts to be replaced. The rest i am guessing was labour and some other items that were replaced.

Could you give me details of After market lower arms? The SA did mentioned the same and i was slightly skeptical. Are these manufactured by local folks or are they branded? Where can i get them?
Old 8th August 2012, 14:34   #118
Senior - BHPian

The cost sounds reasonable.

I do not exactly recall the name of the brand of lower arms. But I think it must be Koyo. You can get this from most of the spare parts stores near JC road. I checked the lower arms with the SGP one's before installing. I did not see much difference in terms of quality, even the weight was very similar.
Also I have seen these being used on other Baleno's which have run more than 30K kms without any problems or any signs hinting at replacement. So all in all a good alternative to SGP's at 1/3rd the cost. But for my peace of mind, I am going in for an early replacement at around 20K kms.
speedmiester is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2012, 15:08   #119
Senior - BHPian

I plan to visit CarZ for some denting/painting as well.

Is it ok to leave the car there, or does one have to wait there whole day to ensure that things go fine as promised?

Last edited by nilanjanray : 8th August 2012 at 15:10.
nilanjanray is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2012, 15:20   #120
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilanjanray View Post
Is it ok to leave the car there, or does one have to wait there whole day to ensure that things go fine as promised?
The place seems to be secure, so i would assume its OK to leave the car there. At the same time, i did not delve at this aspect in detail.

Are you planning to give for the bumper damage repair. If yes then you can possibly ask them to try and get in done in a days time (or spread over two separate days). As for bumper repair they reshape the bumper with heat and then repaint it. After repainting drying of the paint takes most time.

If you wish you could avoid getting the bumper repainted. I have repainted only one bumper and left the other one to collect some more scratches (trademark of this city), until i decide to repaint that one as well.

The body paint job was done well.