| || ||Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|16th February 2011, 18:51||#1|
Join Date: Feb 2011
Thanked: 0 Times
Maruti Ritz VDi 15000 km review
I have a silky Silver ritz VDi with factory tyres. Its been 1.5 years and 15000 kms of lovely ride. Touchwood
Lots have been said about the Ritz DDiS performance. I would like to highlight only those i feel it is important to share.
1. Within 10 days of delivery, the AC was not effective and hence they replaced AC hose pipe. I personally felt very bad for a new vehicle that claims to have passed the Maruti Suzuki Japanese quality norms but still pathetically failed. Well they replaced free of cost. Now the AC is very effective.
2. A dead pedal or foot rest would have been nice.
3. Diesel top variant should have had airbags, rear wiper, bigger and better rubbers, seat adjustment, tilt steering.
1. Overall i feel this is a very nice car, very comfy seating position, easy egress and ingress gives a very comfortable drive both in city and in th highway.
2. Mileage i get after 3 free services and 18 kmpl in city with AC.
3. I had recently done a 9 point check at 15000 kms and changed the oil filter and oil for Rs. 1790 at MSM. I want to do this every 5000 kms. Though this is not specifically mentioned in the manuals, i feel for this multijet, the oil looses its viscosity by 5k. Appreciate if someone can comment on the same.
4. Good network for After sales and service, and i chose MSM as my service partner after i got from khivraj.
I have installed Pioneer audio with front speakers only, art leather seat cover,
rear parcel tray, mats, car cover.
Lots of scratches also pains me a lot. Am unable to avoid in this bustling Chennai traffic from those motorists and autos who scratch my ritzy in the name of manoevering. Its high time we follow LANE DISCIPLINE. Do not understand why we do not. Also wonder why we waste so much of white paints on the roads which is unseen, unused. Will the RTO look in to this and ensure its compliance.
Have a lot of wish lists. would like to create an awareness on safe driving among the masses. I believe this is a good forum for the same. Comments are welcome.
Cheers and happy parking.
|17th February 2011, 15:29||#2|
Join Date: Sep 2006
Thanked: 34 Times
Re: Ritz VDi 15000 km review
Satish,that was a brief ownership review. Adding pictures will do justice to it.
How long did you have to wait for the car after booking? Does Ritz also suffer from the rattling problems that the Swift was famous for?
|17th February 2011, 18:17||#3|
Join Date: Dec 2010
Thanked: 3 Times
Re: Ritz VDi 15000 km review
That is a very brief review. Please add pictures as kaushik has already mentioned.
@kaushik - My ritz is going pretty good at around 12k now. I had a few rattles but then most of them disappeared after some time on their own. But, you know what they say, if it is a maruti, it has to rattle.
Its the rules
And you are right satishssiyer, maruti diesel should provide basic safety features like airbags which is a must now. Considering the amount of cars increasing day by day, safety standards should also be risen. There is evident discrimination against diesel models
Last edited by DMehta : 17th February 2011 at 18:23.
|20th February 2011, 19:29||#4|
Senior - BHPian
Join Date: Jan 2010
Thanked: 470 Times
Re: Maruti Ritz VDi 15000 km review
Anyways, i feel most of the Ritzian are happy with car.
Within 10 days AC pipes replaced, hmmmm thats not good, hope you have filled the feedback form attached with the service manual and sent it to Maruti .
Seriously. i do not understand why Maruti and some other manufacturer miss the dead pedal , after highway drives left leg really needs some rest .
And its also high time, maruti get the ZDI trim in all the diesel models, they have got the ZDI for SX4 and dezire , then why not swift and ritz .
I will start changing the oil after 5k kms ,i have just completed my 3rd service and didnt change the same @ 5k mark but i will do it going forward.
Let us know some more about your ride and post some pictures also .
Cheers and drive safe .
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|My new Maruti Suzuki Ritz VDi - Glistening Grey - A Review||blue_pulsar||Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports||55||17th April 2013 16:01|
|Ahhh, Finally the Marriage - Maruti Ritz VDi||shyam.n10||Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports||17||18th July 2011 22:05|
|Maruti Ritz VDI: 365 days and 19000 Kms||SANSI||Long-Term Ownership Reviews||12||18th July 2011 17:48|
|Why is Ritz VDi more expensive than the Swift VDi ?||Tapan||The Indian Car Scene||49||1st June 2009 18:19|