Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 6th May 2011, 17:15   #181
Senior - BHPian
 
sushrutha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Chikmagalur/Ban
Posts: 1,702
Thanked: 324 Times
Default re: My Grey Shark: Honda Civic V-MT. 134,000+ kms crunched & counting!

@dot,
LOL... Please give try in Pune. You should be able to source them.
Well I was able to find the Neon/CFL rings here in BLR today, but those were comparitively smaller ones than the one which is seen in the pic which i have put in your thread. He had the CFLights only in ring shape (remeber the low beam light in CIVIC almost needs a Pentagon shaped one). So I have dumped this idea of sourcing it in Bangalore as of now.

My next mod in the line would be adding a rear lip spoiler.
Was not able to source it as of now, but I'm not in a hurry either.
After the CFL thing or Projectors n the Lip spoiler, I would keep my modifications at bay for sometime.
Later If I find anything interesting, then I'll think of it.

Lip spoilers
Name:  12028229.jpg
Views: 1709
Size:  376.0 KB<br /> <img src=My Grey Shark: Honda Civic V-MT. 142,500 kms crunched. EDIT: Sold!-hondacivic4doorsmedium3035_9.jpg   <div style=
sushrutha is offline  
Old 6th May 2011, 18:25   #182
Senior - BHPian
 
Ace F355's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Delhi NCR
Posts: 1,172
Thanked: 1,602 Times
Default re: My Grey Shark: Honda Civic V-MT. 134,000+ kms crunched & counting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushrutha View Post
I'm back to office after getting the Door Step garnish panels fitted for all 4 door steps.
They look super cool dude.
I got the ones with LED's and blue colour (looks as same as that of rr_zen), but has illumination on all 4.
Price I paid is 2100Rs including fitting.
@Ace, I spoke with Rana(New Delhi), he quoted me 2500Rs, So i thought let me try sourcing here itself. Here it's easily available, but some quote a cool 1000rs more for the same, I scouted for almost 5-6 shops & the guy where I got these panels fitted quoted the least. So fitted from his shop only.

Very happy with this GADGET
Good that you were able to source them locally for a good price. Do post the pics. I agree with you about their look! The blue color matches perfectly with Civic's blue illuminated interiors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dot View Post
They really look super. Damn, looks like I need to drive to B'lore to get all these goodies.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sushrutha View Post
@dot,
LOL... Please give try in Pune. You should be able to source them.
@ dot:

As rightly pointed by sushrutha, you should be able to source them in Pune itself. Sometimes it is easy to find the things we are looking for, in our local vicinity for a better price (as sushrutha did)!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushrutha View Post
My next mod in the line would be adding a rear lip spoiler.
It does look good, thats for sure; but as I have said it before, it is too minuscule for my personal taste. Nikhil's Civic wears it, here in Chandigarh.

Personally, as a next goodie, I am more keen to add an actual BMW style (dummy) Shark Fin Antenna on back of my Shark (the same that sits on Nikhil's Civic) . Check it out in these pics.
Attached Thumbnails
My Grey Shark: Honda Civic V-MT. 142,500 kms crunched. EDIT: Sold!-14.jpg  

My Grey Shark: Honda Civic V-MT. 142,500 kms crunched. EDIT: Sold!-15.jpg  

Ace F355 is offline  
Old 6th May 2011, 20:42   #183
dot
Senior - BHPian
 
dot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Ban Chang
Posts: 1,681
Thanked: 714 Times
Default re: My Grey Shark: Honda Civic V-MT. 134,000+ kms crunched & counting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushrutha View Post
@dot,
LOL... Please give try in Pune. You should be able to source them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace F355 View Post
@ dot:
As rightly pointed by sushrutha, you should be able to source them in Pune itself. Sometimes it is easy to find the things we are looking for, in our local vicinity for a better price (as sushrutha did)!
Yeah, I need to move my butt around. Pune is little bit sleepy on these things. Maybe a fishing trip to Mumbai might help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushrutha View Post
My next mod in the line would be adding a rear lip spoiler.
Smashing. A subtle look, not too aggressive but very chic.

I loved the octane blue Civic pics. Never seen a 8th gen Civic in octane blue before.

Edit: @Ace, Shark Fin antenna looks cool, but IMHO, the clean look of our cars is fairly unique.

Last edited by dot : 6th May 2011 at 20:56.
dot is offline  
Old 7th May 2011, 18:40   #184
Senior - BHPian
 
Ace F355's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Delhi NCR
Posts: 1,172
Thanked: 1,602 Times
Default re: My Grey Shark: Honda Civic V-MT. 134,000+ kms crunched & counting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dot View Post
@Ace, Shark Fin antenna looks cool, but IMHO, the clean look of our cars is fairly unique.
but everytime I look at my car, she screams aloud, 'I am a shark, I gotta have a fin on my back!'

The Fin looks much better in flesh than in pics! But this isn't something I desperately need, so I can wait for now to fit it on my Shark.
Ace F355 is offline  
Old 9th May 2011, 11:24   #185
Senior - BHPian
 
sushrutha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Chikmagalur/Ban
Posts: 1,702
Thanked: 324 Times
Default re: My Grey Shark: Honda Civic V-MT. 134,000+ kms crunched & counting!

@ACE,
I'm not able to source the Rear lip spoiler here in Bangalore.
How easily is it available in Delhi/Chandigarh ?
How much does these type of spoiler retail at ?
sushrutha is offline  
Old 9th May 2011, 15:10   #186
BHPian
 
RemingtonSteele's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 569
Thanked: 168 Times
Default re: My Grey Shark: Honda Civic V-MT. 134,000+ kms crunched & counting!

@Ace: Finally finished reading all the 13 pages.
I must say Kudos to you for all the custom additions you got in thoughtfully to enhance your Civic.
I must truly say, your lady looks lovely, sexy, mischievous, villainous and is certainy a head turner when on road. I must admit after looking at shark pics I stated liking that colour which otherwise didn't pay any heed.
Your efforts to add the mods yet keep the practicle value / comfort for your parents; this balancing act is commendable.
Still looking forward to upcoming mods; btw when are you getting the new alloys (tease) ?? (just like Hiren did sometime earlier).
RemingtonSteele is offline  
Old 9th May 2011, 16:23   #187
Senior - BHPian
 
Guderian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Thane
Posts: 1,616
Thanked: 1,409 Times
Default re: My Grey Shark: Honda Civic V-MT. 134,000+ kms crunched & counting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace F355 View Post
but everytime I look at my car, she screams aloud, 'I am a shark, I gotta have a fin on my back!'

The Fin looks much better in flesh than in pics! But this isn't something I desperately need, so I can wait for now to fit it on my Shark.
Hi Ace, Not very sure about that move. As Shark Fin Soup is quite a delicacy all around the globe !
Guderian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2011, 18:14   #188
Senior - BHPian
 
rr_zen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Chennai, India
Posts: 1,711
Thanked: 262 Times
Default re: My Grey Shark: Honda Civic V-MT. 134,000+ kms crunched & counting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dot View Post
Hey, nice bling.

I was detered by @rr_zen's experiences on these garnish panels. So will keep a watch out for your take on their long term durability.
True. These are good to look at initially. I only hope they do not fizzle out in the long run (or should I say short run, as I had them working for hardly a few months). One piece of advice is to ensure the A.S.S guys dont spray too much water on/underneath them which is when they conk off.

Having said that, the ones shown above are different from what I had on my car. Hope they last longer.

Last edited by rr_zen : 9th May 2011 at 18:16.
rr_zen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2011, 20:18   #189
Senior - BHPian
 
Ace F355's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Delhi NCR
Posts: 1,172
Thanked: 1,602 Times
Default re: My Grey Shark: Honda Civic V-MT. 134,000+ kms crunched & counting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushrutha View Post
@ACE,
I'm not able to source the Rear lip spoiler here in Bangalore.
How easily is it available in Delhi/Chandigarh ?
How much does these type of spoiler retail at ?
Let me check with my fellow and I will get back to you on this ASAP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemingtonSteele View Post
@Ace: Finally finished reading all the 13 pages.
I must say Kudos to you for all the custom additions you got in thoughtfully to enhance your Civic.
I must truly say, your lady looks lovely, sexy, mischievous, villainous and is certainy a head turner when on road. I must admit after looking at shark pics I stated liking that colour which otherwise didn't pay any heed.
Your efforts to add the mods yet keep the practicle value / comfort for your parents; this balancing act is commendable.
Still looking forward to upcoming mods; btw when are you getting the new alloys (tease) ?? (just like Hiren did sometime earlier).
Thanks for taking the time to lurk into my thread, RemingtonSteele! I am really happy to see people coming to with encouraging words about my shark! May be I should write down my experiences with my 1st love in Canada, the Japanese 'Horsa', Mazda Millenia S.

Here is a pic of the steed, for the time being!
Name:  DSC01081.jpg
Views: 1962
Size:  227.3 KB<br /> <br /> <div style=
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guderian View Post
Hi Ace, Not very sure about that move. As Shark Fin Soup is quite a delicacy all around the globe !
I agree, it is quite catchy for sure! I am not bothered about its functionality and considering it as just an aesthetic mod! Snap from GTO's S60 review is so darn delicious to look at!

http://www.team-bhp.com/carpics/Volv...lvo-s60-10.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by rr_zen View Post
True. These are good to look at initially. I only hope they do not fizzle out in the long run (or should I say short run, as I had them working for hardly a few months).
Oh really, I thought you were quite happy with OEM ones!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rr_zen View Post
One piece of advice is to ensure the A.S.S guys dont spray too much water on/underneath them which is when they conk off.
I am always careful with these side-step garnish whenever my car goes for a wash! Thanks again for the heads up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rr_zen View Post
Having said that, the ones shown above are different from what I had on my car. Hope they last longer.
Yep, these are not OEM but some imported stuff! Lets see how long do they last! *fingers crossed!*
Ace F355 is offline  
Old 10th May 2011, 12:48   #190
Senior - BHPian
 
Ace F355's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Delhi NCR
Posts: 1,172
Thanked: 1,602 Times
Default re: My Grey Shark: Honda Civic V-MT. 134,000+ kms crunched & counting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushrutha View Post
How easily is it available in Delhi/Chandigarh ?
How much does these type of spoiler retail at ?
Hey sushrutha, ducktail spoiler you are looking for, is available in Delhi for INR 2500 (without paint)! It is not ABS though, but made of glass fiber! Hope it helps.
Ace F355 is offline  
Old 10th May 2011, 13:17   #191
dot
Senior - BHPian
 
dot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Ban Chang
Posts: 1,681
Thanked: 714 Times
Default re: My Grey Shark: Honda Civic V-MT. 134,000+ kms crunched & counting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace F355 View Post
It is not ABS though, but made of glass fiber! Hope it helps.
ABS part should be normally lighter than a Glass FRP part. Other than that the material of construction should not matter as the part is non-load bearing. If the surface finish is of good quality then paint job should go fine.
dot is offline  
Old 10th May 2011, 13:21   #192
Senior - BHPian
 
Ace F355's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Delhi NCR
Posts: 1,172
Thanked: 1,602 Times
Default re: My Grey Shark: Honda Civic V-MT. 134,000+ kms crunched & counting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dot View Post
ABS part should be normally lighter than a Glass FRP part. Other than that the material of construction should not matter as the part is non-load bearing. If the surface finish is of good quality then paint job should go fine.
yep, thats what I thought, and the guy tells me the quality of the spoiler is very good!
Ace F355 is offline  
Old 10th May 2011, 13:28   #193
dot
Senior - BHPian
 
dot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Ban Chang
Posts: 1,681
Thanked: 714 Times
Default re: My Grey Shark: Honda Civic V-MT. 134,000+ kms crunched & counting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace F355 View Post

May be I should write down my experiences with my 1st love in Canada, the Japanese 'Horsa', Mazda Millenia S.
Hey Ace, let me know how you are planning to write about the Mazda. Meaning, in which form. Like as a long term ownership, or in the older car thread, or as a travelogue. Not only I would be interested to know about the Mazda experiences, I might also write about my 98 Altima SE in a similar form.
dot is offline  
Old 10th May 2011, 14:05   #194
Senior - BHPian
 
rr_zen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Chennai, India
Posts: 1,711
Thanked: 262 Times
Default re: My Grey Shark: Honda Civic V-MT. 134,000+ kms crunched & counting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace F355 View Post
Oh really, I thought you were quite happy with OEM ones!
Guess I was unclear in my earlier communication. I am very much happy with the OE that I have on my car now after a bad stint with the after-market ones that I had earlier.

Lesson learnt: Better to stick to Honda OEM despite them being pricey. In case of any malfunction with the OEM, I have a neck to choke now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace F355 View Post
I am always careful with these side-step garnish whenever my car goes for a wash!
The OE not only fares better in terms of the quality of light emitted but also in terms of insulation underneath that can keep water at bay.

Last edited by rr_zen : 10th May 2011 at 14:09.
rr_zen is offline  
Old 10th May 2011, 15:23   #195
Senior - BHPian
 
Ace F355's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Delhi NCR
Posts: 1,172
Thanked: 1,602 Times
Default re: My Grey Shark: Honda Civic V-MT. 134,000+ kms crunched & counting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rr_zen View Post
Guess I was unclear in my earlier communication. I am very much happy with the OE that I have on my car now after a bad stint with the after-market ones that I had earlier.

Lesson learnt: Better to stick to Honda OEM despite them being pricey. In case of any malfunction with the OEM, I have a neck to choke now.
Oh, I thought you got the OE ones at first attempt. I didn't know earlier you had after market ones too! But it is nice to see that you are quite happy with OEM ones!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rr_zen View Post
The OE not only fares better in terms of the quality of light emitted but also in terms of insulation underneath that can keep water at bay.
Insulation is bit of a problem in aftermarket ones, but I have put in addition dose of 3M double tape underneath! About the light quality, I felt my aftermarket ones and OEM were pretty much similar!
Ace F355 is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
300,000 kms in 7.5 years on my Esteem Diesel. EDIT: Sold @ 3.4 Lakh kms benzinblut Long-Term Ownership Reviews 72 8th March 2014 01:54
My Grey Hell Hound - Honda Civic SMT '11 - 5000 kms Ownership Report mjumrani Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 25 9th February 2012 11:57
The Sea Grey Shark Attack!!! Fiesta 1.6S delivered. capt_rocker Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 178 1st November 2011 17:34
Couple takes road-trip of 142,000 miles in an 83-yr old car! AVR The International Automotive Scene 4 8th April 2011 17:46
Honda City Vs Honda Civic E Vs Honda Civic V (pre-owned) drkunaldas Sedans 4 31st October 2010 18:07


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 08:39.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks