Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 13th April 2011, 15:17   #346
Senior - BHPian
 
parsh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Bombay
Posts: 1,517
Thanked: 956 Times
Default Re: English As She is Spoke......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guderian View Post
English As She is Spoke......!

OK folks ! Found the first 'gross' error in the TFort !

On the two ORVMs - left and right is the phrase - "Object in the mirror are closer than they appear "

Now how did they miss out the 'S' in 'object'/objects ?

And not sure how did I miss this all these days ? And now I get very irritated glancing at the ORVMs.

Mighty annoyed.
Herr Guderian, I say didn't that take a long to find out comrade (and pardon my making it germanian-russian).

Quite typical of Toyota (and may I say paricularly in India)...you will find them taking Pride in making that deliberate mistake on every single vehicle of theirs. I was wondering how come nobody is spotting those things and there you are...whata find It does annoy me too from day one and when asked the blokes at the dealership have only one answer, Toyota designed thus, WAW!
parsh is online now  
Old 13th April 2011, 15:58   #347
Senior - BHPian
 
Guderian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Thane
Posts: 1,616
Thanked: 1,409 Times
Default Re: Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post

1. I thought Herr General would reply haughtily "I was a Virgo till I joined the army"

2. For the record, I am not a Virgo either (in any sense of the term) and am so goshdarned finicky about such things it's not funny. I empathise totally if the Admiral gets new ORVMs without the offending syntax errors!
Hi Anoop,

1. Keping in mind that this was a family channel !

2. Couldn't agree with you more ! Perhaps getting the new ORVMs from Toyota is next to impossible, inserting an 'S' is going to make it look funny with a different print.
What I think I'll do is something at the end which is easily do-able - print be damned:

"Object in the mirror are closer than they appear (sic)"

Quote:
Originally Posted by parsh View Post
Herr Guderian, I say didn't that take a long to find out comrade (and pardon my making it germanian-russian).

Quite typical of Toyota (and may I say paricularly in India)...you will find them taking Pride in making that deliberate mistake on every single vehicle of theirs. I was wondering how come nobody is spotting those things and there you are...whata find It does annoy me too from day one and when asked the blokes at the dealership have only one answer, Toyota designed thus, WAW!
Parsh, Mein Kamerad - I am embarassed ! Yes indeed - that did take a long time. Wonder why ? But then...

If so Toyota should then mass order that English tutorial book I referred to earlier for vendors !

Dealership guys and English ? Forget it. You must be kidding.
When I took Admiral for the II service and the SA was writing down the cribs, I noticed the job card and I almost had a heart attack.

I told him - Beading to be checked, he wrote 'Bedding to correct'. I told him - Brake pedal squeak, he wrote ' Brick nose'. I told him that I wanted to know about the impact sensor , he wrote - 'Cust sensor not making impact noise'. I told him - Wurths to be applied properly, he wrote 'Accessory - Apply Wurth to cust downside'

No jokes. Serious.

And you were discussing finer points of Queen's English with those blokes ?!!

And - you have nice looking silver Innova !

Last edited by Guderian : 13th April 2011 at 16:10.
Guderian is offline  
Old 13th April 2011, 16:46   #348
Senior - BHPian
 
parsh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Bombay
Posts: 1,517
Thanked: 956 Times
Default Re: Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guderian View Post

Parsh, Mein Kamerad - I am embarassed ! Yes indeed - that did take a long time. Wonder why ? But then...
Ah, but then the small things are meant to be forgotten to say the least, hey man just forgot that small thing, but then the realization dawns upon oneself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guderian View Post

If so Toyota should then mass order that English tutorial book I referred to earlier for vendors !
I say, yes sir yes sir atleast 2 Innovas full...should be good for the generations to come

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guderian View Post
Dealership guys and English ? Forget it. You must be kidding.
When I took Admiral for the II service and the SA was writing down the cribs, I noticed the job card and I almost had a heart attack.

I told him - Beading to be checked, he wrote 'Bedding to correct'. I told him - Brake pedal squeak, he wrote ' Brick nose'. I told him that I wanted to know about the impact sensor , he wrote - 'Cust sensor not making impact noise'. I told him - Wurths to be applied properly, he wrote 'Accessory - Apply Wurth to cust downside'

No jokes. Serious.

And you were discussing finer points of Queen's English with those blokes ?!!
Seriously, no kidding, indeed the material, if gathered from all the Toyota owners service records, good enough for a closetful of R K Laxman'ish humor


Quote:
Originally Posted by Guderian View Post
And - you have nice looking silver Innova !
Thanks, Herr General. But, caught you there, its my Light Green beauty with twinkling eyes young in her 6th year.

But hey, your Admiral is standing royal, deserves special ovation and with the meticulous owner looking over the finer nity-gritys day in and out. And let me also say, your Admiral makes me hands itch more awakening long lost wish when I will lay my hands on its future sibling someday

This read is indeed an humorous mind-blender. Lesser souls like us (rather me) will be looking upto such stories time and again. Let Admiral run the terrains and create stories for us to read...maybe there will be soon a folklore of the one General who created Admirals on road. (pardon me if anything that shouldn't be said here, just totally came off top of my head from heart)

Last edited by parsh : 13th April 2011 at 16:55.
parsh is online now  
Old 13th April 2011, 17:15   #349
Senior - BHPian
 
mdsaab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,624
Thanked: 446 Times
Default Re: Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...

I had read of similar mistakes on another etios thread.
Seems the toyota folks behind this really need some english lessons.
But shouldn't someone be checking these errors, what with all that toyota kaizen perfection.
The experience with the service guys was a laugh riot. Have had similar experiences. But thankfully this has stopped once we shifted to Honda.

How about penning in that missing S with one of those permanent marker types which we use for marking dvd's etc. Only problem is finding the right shade.? Also will this hold up in the monsoon and the tough environs the fort is going to scale through. We might just soon find out.

Last edited by mdsaab : 13th April 2011 at 17:28.
mdsaab is offline  
Old 13th April 2011, 17:30   #350
Senior - BHPian
 
Guderian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Thane
Posts: 1,616
Thanked: 1,409 Times
Default Re: Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...

Quote:
Originally Posted by parsh View Post




1. Thanks, Herr General. But, caught you there, its my Light Green beauty with twinkling eyes young in her 6th year.

2. But hey, your Admiral is standing royal, deserves special ovation and with the meticulous owner looking over the finer nity-gritys day in and out. And let me also say, your Admiral makes me hands itch more awakening long lost wish when I will lay my hands on its future sibling someday

This read is indeed an humorous mind-blender. Lesser souls like us (rather me) will be looking upto such stories time and again. Let Admiral run the terrains and create stories for us to read...maybe there will be soon a folklore of the one General who created Admirals on road. (pardon me if anything that shouldn't be said here, just totally came off top of my head from heart)
Hi Parsh,
1. I could have sworn you TBHP gallery shows it as Silverish ! My eyes again are playing tricks on me. Age ? Possible !

2. Many thanks for the observations and the wonderfully warm words. Keeps the fire burning for a long, long time !
Guderian is offline  
Old 13th April 2011, 18:01   #351
Senior - BHPian
 
Guderian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Thane
Posts: 1,616
Thanked: 1,409 Times
Default Re: Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
I had read of similar mistakes on another etios thread.
Seems the toyota folks behind this really need some english lessons.
But shouldn't someone be checking these errors, what with all that toyota kaizen perfection.
The experience with the service guys was a laugh riot. Have had similar experiences. But thankfully this has stopped once we shifted to Honda.

How about penning in that missing S with one of those permanent marker types which we use for marking dvd's etc. Only problem is finding the right shade.? Also will this hold up in the monsoon and the tough environs the fort is going to scale through. We might just soon find out.
Hi mdsaab, After reading all the responses and realising that the missing S is truly a hologram of Genuine Toyota - the annoyance seems to be simmering down. Though the deep irritation remains.
I guess the marker pen S will get washed off with the first few mugfulls from the GDW.
Or wait for Toyota to correct their grammar and hope for a recall !

And phew ! Thankfully there are no spelling mistakes. It would have been a disaster if there were those too, like:

"Abject in the moron are closer than they a spear"

Last edited by Guderian : 13th April 2011 at 18:09.
Guderian is offline  
Old 13th April 2011, 18:16   #352
dot
Senior - BHPian
 
dot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Ban Chang
Posts: 1,681
Thanked: 714 Times
Default Re: Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...

After reading this series of posts on miserable spellings, checked out what Civic's ORVM had to say. Looks like all is ok with this Jap brother. Take a look.

Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-13042011343.jpg
dot is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2011, 19:04   #353
Senior - BHPian
 
Guderian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Thane
Posts: 1,616
Thanked: 1,409 Times
Default Re: Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dot View Post
After reading this series of posts on miserable spellings, checked out what Civic's ORVM had to say. Looks like all is ok with this Jap brother. Take a look.

Attachment 530603
Seems fine. But felt it could do with a "The" as in "the mirror".

But then Dot-san (not Datsun) it would increaso printing costo. We no like. So dropo the wordo. No 'the' mirror. Mirror.
Guderian is offline  
Old 13th April 2011, 19:23   #354
Team-BHP Support
 
noopster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 8,665
Thanked: 9,193 Times
Default Re: Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...

@Guderian- you need to start putting Dave Barry style disclaimers ("I am NOT making this up") in your posts. I was giggling like a little girl after this:

Quote:
I told him - Beading to be checked, he wrote 'Bedding to correct'. I told him - Brake pedal squeak, he wrote ' Brick nose'. I told him that I wanted to know about the impact sensor , he wrote - 'Cust sensor not making impact noise'. I told him - Wurths to be applied properly, he wrote 'Accessory - Apply Wurth to cust downside'
So *did* he apply Wurth on your downside then?
noopster is offline  
Old 13th April 2011, 19:50   #355
Senior - BHPian
 
Ricky_63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 3,846
Thanked: 375 Times
Talking Re: Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
@Guderian- you need to start putting Dave Barry style disclaimers ("I am NOT making this up") in your posts. I was giggling like a little girl after this:



So *did* he apply Wurth on your downside then?
THIS IS HILARIOUS IN EVERY WHICH WAY !!

@Guderian
A bottle of the NCS is about $20, but suffice to say it is worth it ..unfortunately the plane may not be touching down at Bombay..Toronto (kanneda) to Delhi Direct. Sigh !!

As for the Service Advisor's english & grammar..the less said the "batter" there are numerous instances of such inexcuseables that I can think of !!





Cheers

Last edited by Ricky_63 : 13th April 2011 at 19:52.
Ricky_63 is offline  
Old 13th April 2011, 19:55   #356
Team-BHP Support
 
noopster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 8,665
Thanked: 9,193 Times
Default Re: Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...

*missed pun alert*
Quote:
So *did* he apply Wurth on your downside then?
..and was it Wurth it?
noopster is offline  
Old 13th April 2011, 21:39   #357
Senior - BHPian
 
parsh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Bombay
Posts: 1,517
Thanked: 956 Times
Default Re: Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guderian View Post
Hi Parsh,
1. I could have sworn you TBHP gallery shows it as Silverish ! My eyes again are playing tricks on me. Age ? Possible !
I know and I could have sworn too in quite few instances had it not belonged to me. The Light Green itself sometimes tricks as though Silver and one can easily mistake it like so irrespectively even from close quarters. So you don't need to be harsh on yourself and not to think otherwise

Nevertheless, its being a laugh riot here reading again and again thru these posts...I can't just express, keep them coming

Last edited by parsh : 13th April 2011 at 21:42.
parsh is online now  
Old 14th April 2011, 09:42   #358
Senior - BHPian
 
Guderian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Thane
Posts: 1,616
Thanked: 1,409 Times
Default Re: Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
@Guderian- you need to start putting Dave Barry style disclaimers ("I am NOT making this up") in your posts. I was giggling like a little girl after this:



So *did* he apply Wurth on your downside then?
Hi Noop,
Luckily the accessories guy comprehended the SA's pidgin English well and overall was a little better in the English language dept.
The downside for him was that he didn't do it well the first time around and had to double his efforts under my eagle eye.
And about the "cust downside" - that is truly iron cast after years of sitting on it. Requires no coating !

Now what really bothers me is - "I was giggling like a little girl after this:"
Ahh, well, ahem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
THIS IS HILARIOUS IN EVERY WHICH WAY !!

@Guderian
A bottle of the NCS is about $20, but suffice to say it is worth it ..unfortunately the plane may not be touching down at Bombay..Toronto (kanneda) to Delhi Direct. Sigh !!

As for the Service Advisor's english & grammar..the less said the "batter" there are numerous instances of such inexcuseables that I can think of !!
Cheers
Hey Ricky - Good one !
And if you do happen to go across there do pick up one.Will have someone to collect it from you from Dilli...after due payment of course* (* - Exchange rate as on date of pick up. Terms and conditions will not apply)
This exchange, I must sayji, is getting batter and batter with all the kentributions ! It's a pliyyar to be on this dhaga constantlyji !

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
*missed pun alert*

..and was it Wurth it?
Ha !

OT/OT/OT - But please pardon me - just to add to the mirth of downside and upside riot !
Reminds me of an old limmerick:

There was this lady from Australia,
Who painted her backside like a dahlia,
The colour was fine,
The texture divine,
But the fragrance...ahh...that was a total failure !



Quote:
Originally Posted by parsh View Post
I know and I could have sworn too in quite few instances had it not belonged to me. The Light Green itself sometimes tricks as though Silver and one can easily mistake it like so irrespectively even from close quarters. So you don't need to be harsh on yourself and not to think otherwise

Nevertheless, its being a laugh riot here reading again and again thru these posts...I can't just express, keep them coming
Oh well, Parsh. Now that, I must say, is a blessed relief. Was planning to get my annual medical check up organised. What with me poor old eyes picking up something greenish as silver and what not !

Well about the fun and mirth - nothing like a good laugh whenever you can and of course, side by side, conduct serious business as well.
Purists may slam us but then what the Dickens...Laughter is serious business. Ask a circus clown.

Last edited by Guderian : 14th April 2011 at 09:45.
Guderian is offline  
Old 14th April 2011, 10:23   #359
Senior - BHPian
 
Ricky_63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 3,846
Thanked: 375 Times
Default Re: Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...

Hey Ricky - Good one !
And if you do happen to go across there do pick up one.Will have someone to collect it from you from Dilli...after due payment of course* (* - Exchange rate as on date of pick up. Terms and conditions will not apply)
This exchange, I must sayji, is getting batter and batter with all the kentributions ! It's a pliyyar to be on this dhaga constantlyji !


Hey !! It seems you are quite apt at the pliyyar & liyyar kind of hinglish as wellji Seems like you have been in North India as well ji !! I think you must be hiring & firing with great finesse !! As you are able to kind of get into the skin of the charakter-ji

(Please note - I just totally overlooked the NCS issue !! )



Cheerio
Ricky_63 is offline  
Old 14th April 2011, 10:35   #360
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,233
Thanked: 338 Times
Default Re: Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dot View Post
After reading this series of posts on miserable spellings, checked out what Civic's ORVM had to say. Looks like all is ok with this Jap brother. Take a look.
Dot why are you holding the ORVM in your hand. I hope you don't have to drive with your hand outside of the car to get the rear view.
amitwlele is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Toyota Innova vs Toyota Fortuner - For a Family MAS SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s 121 24th November 2017 20:26
Toyota Fortuner vs Upcoming Face-Lifted Toyota Fortuner dkaile SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s 45 12th August 2011 22:20
Rear Admiral killed in 'accidental fire' sandeepmdas Shifting gears 13 9th July 2010 16:34
VW Touareg North Sails Design K-S-A The International Automotive Scene 6 23rd July 2008 23:29
Modified Corsa Sails dadudeonfire Modifications & Accessories 12 19th July 2005 01:39


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 20:36.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks