Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 25th April 2011, 00:34   #451
BHPian
 
Off Roadie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 280
Thanked: 126 Times
Default Re: Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...

Oh boy, is that much of wax sufficient, is need one and a half for my swift and a similar qty for the old crde as its cladding was unpainted. The TFort would easily need 2 for a decent coat.
Off Roadie is offline  
Old 25th April 2011, 09:30   #452
Senior - BHPian
 
mdsaab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,624
Thanked: 446 Times
Default Re: Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...

4 plus splendid hours with your beloved. BLISS!
that scratch out polish looks very interesting, would need to use some on my matiz as the headlights have fogged up. please give us your feedback on it.
Much attention is grabbed by the admiral and so of queries and having to answer each one.

ok, as per your experience with the scorp AT, i am knocking it off the radar.
the binoculars only have the T-fort in sight now.
mdsaab is offline  
Old 25th April 2011, 09:57   #453
Senior - BHPian
 
Guderian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Thane
Posts: 1,616
Thanked: 1,409 Times
Default Re: Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viraat13 View Post
Aren't stickers on number plates illegal? There was a drive here in Delhi against stickers on number plates, hence the query.
Hi Viraat13, Absolutely right. As per the MV Act it is illegal. However after somethinking Sunday before, with Noops around, thought of fixing it as it was nearly transparent and very inconspicuous. Not as large and visible as in the snap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Off Roadie View Post
Oh boy, is that much of wax sufficient, is need one and a half for my swift and a similar qty for the old crde as its cladding was unpainted. The TFort would easily need 2 for a decent coat.
Hi Rohan, Applied the wax only on the spots where I applied the 'Scratch Out, not else where.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
4 plus splendid hours with your beloved. BLISS!
that scratch out polish looks very interesting, would need to use some on my matiz as the headlights have fogged up. please give us your feedback on it.
Much attention is grabbed by the admiral and so of queries and having to answer each one.

ok, as per your experience with the scorp AT, i am knocking it off the radar.
the binoculars only have the T-fort in sight now.
Correct and not four and a half as mentioned. Bravo !
Bliss is certainly the word.

The F-1, Scratch Out is good on the scratches. I have no point of reference for the headlights. But as they have specifically mentioned the same on a attached flyer ad on all bottles - it might be worth it ! Try it out I think it'll work.

Last edited by Guderian : 25th April 2011 at 09:58.
Guderian is offline  
Old 25th April 2011, 16:09   #454
Senior - BHPian
 
mdsaab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,624
Thanked: 446 Times
Default Re: Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...

But what about the plates that come from the dealer, our civic plates have Deccan Honda on them. i too have the Team-BHP sticker on my front plate. Believe me its hardly noticeable to the untrained eye.
mdsaab is offline  
Old 25th April 2011, 17:28   #455
Senior - BHPian
 
theexperthand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,369
Thanked: 1,136 Times
Default Re: Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...

Blame it on me, but after getting addicted to Channel Togo (thanks to @Dot for the name ) every time I see a T-Fort on the road, I says to myself - here goes Togo H.

Throughly enjoying the Channel T-H and thanks for letting us on this journey.
theexperthand is offline  
Old 25th April 2011, 18:03   #456
Team-BHP Support
 
noopster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 8,665
Thanked: 9,195 Times
Default Re: Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...

@mdsaab- I have those lousy dealer stickers on my rear plates which emboldened me to stick the T-BHP sticker on the rear plates. If a cop stops me I will tell him to prosecute the dealer first!

Did another trip of Mumbai over the weekend and Fraulein was asking whether another date with Admiral-san was on the cards. Alas I had to disappoint her! May be just as well since he was apparently busy elsewhere. Hmphh!
noopster is offline  
Old 25th April 2011, 18:07   #457
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 886
Thanked: 64 Times
Default Re: Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...

@HG- do you know what is clay bar polishing? In Kharghar ( Navi Mumbai), a car wash shop has come up and offering various types of car washing and polishing services. They are charging 2500/- for it. Wondering if its worth it.
shatrughna is offline  
Old 25th April 2011, 19:01   #458
BHPian
 
Manuuj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: New Delhi.
Posts: 615
Thanked: 1,028 Times
Default Re: Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guderian View Post
Sunday Smorgasbord ! April 24, 2011.

2. After the last couple of mild off roading outings realised that the front fender and a small patch of the front left door had some minor scratches. Came from Admiral brushing against bushes and brambles.
Being silver coloured one truly had to strain ones eyes to spot it. But I knew it was there and that was irritating. Something had to be done. So I called up the GEM - Guru of External Manifestations ! Who else but Manuuj of the Sunday hide rub fame. He gave me instructions on the exact thing to be puchased and 'how to' on Friday afternoon. Friday evening saw me get these:
Attachment 534955
Attachment 534956
Attachment 534957

The Formula 1 'Scratch Out' came for Rs. 300 and the F-1 'Car Wax' (polish) came for Rs. 330 after some minor haggling. Just 15 minutes of work saw all the scratches just simply vanish. And with simple clean soft cloth pieces. In the end the assembly of the Jopasu armaments and special forces were just not required for the battle:
Attachment 534958

The Admiral truly looks resplendent in his silver uniform ! Not that he wasn't earlier.

Thank you GEM...Manuuj...you truly are a gem !


Tally ho chaps ! Have a great week ahead.

You are most welcome dear chap! Always happy to be of service (as long as you dont induct me into physically removing the scratches from the Admiral)

I noticed the waxes that you bought and both are very capable to handle to handle such a job. Though due to some miscommunication the wax that you got was the paste type Formula 1 Carnuba which though is very effective is a little tougher to apply than the Formula 1 Metallic that i wanted you to get. (It comes in a blue bottle with "METALLIC" written on the face.)

Its much easier to apply and the results are stupendous..especially on Metallic surfaces like the Admirals. No harm done..that can be procured at a later date.

Last edited by Manuuj : 25th April 2011 at 19:03.
Manuuj is offline  
Old 25th April 2011, 21:09   #459
BHPian
 
mayjay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Delhi
Posts: 180
Thanked: 131 Times
Default Re: Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...

This is quite possibly the most hilarious thread on this forum. It was hard to stop reading once I started.
Kudos to you General, for bringing a smile to our faces! (and salutations to the Admiral!)
mayjay is offline  
Old 25th April 2011, 21:39   #460
dot
Senior - BHPian
 
dot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Ban Chang
Posts: 1,681
Thanked: 714 Times
Default Re: Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...

Quote:
Originally Posted by theexperthand View Post
Blame it on me, but after getting addicted to Channel Togo (thanks to @Dot for the name ) every time I see a T-Fort on the road, I says to myself - here goes Togo H.

Throughly enjoying the Channel T-H and thanks for letting us on this journey.
Sirji, the real credit goes to @Off Roadie. I just pop in now and then and yank General's chain.

But I will also shamelessly accept my addiction.
dot is offline  
Old 26th April 2011, 01:11   #461
Senior - BHPian
 
Ace F355's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Delhi NCR
Posts: 1,172
Thanked: 1,602 Times
Default Re: Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guderian View Post
The Formula 1 'Scratch Out'
I have the same product in my car care kit. It really is a good thing to take care of those minor scratches on the clear coat. Need quite a bit of elbow grease though.

The Admiral must be pleased with the treatment he got afterwards!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
would need to use some on my matiz as the headlights have fogged up. please give us your feedback on it.
Hello mdsaab, I have used F1 Scratch Out for cleaning up my head lights. It does help cleaning up the headlamps. Later I use Quixx headlight lens sealer to protect the headlamps and keep them shining always. Try finding it out (or else check out ebay) if you can, I got it from Canada. This product is awesome.
Attached Thumbnails
Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-p1040914.jpg  

Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-p1040913.jpg  


Last edited by Ace F355 : 26th April 2011 at 01:26.
Ace F355 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2011, 02:43   #462
Senior - BHPian
 
mdsaab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,624
Thanked: 446 Times
Default Re: Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...

First of all have to second here, am addicted to this thread.
always look forward to seeing this one pop up in my user cp.

@AceF355 thanks for the confirmation and the tip. will try out the formula 1 first and try and source the quixx from canada through some friends.
mdsaab is offline  
Old 26th April 2011, 09:33   #463
Senior - BHPian
 
Guderian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Thane
Posts: 1,616
Thanked: 1,409 Times
Default Re: Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...

Quote:
Originally Posted by theexperthand View Post
Blame it on me, but after getting addicted to Channel Togo (thanks to @Dot for the name ) every time I see a T-Fort on the road, I says to myself - here goes Togo H.

Throughly enjoying the Channel T-H and thanks for letting us on this journey.
Hi teh, Thank you very much indeed. Pleasure to have you around and take you on the journey of life experienced through the eyes of the Admiral.
(Pssst...what is 'the expert hand' expert at ? You may want to clarify. There are many mischievious fellows around here who will interpret it the way they want. Beware ! 'Handling' this situation is important - before it goes out of hand.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
@mdsaab- I have those lousy dealer stickers on my rear plates which emboldened me to stick the T-BHP sticker on the rear plates. If a cop stops me I will tell him to prosecute the dealer first!

Did another trip of Mumbai over the weekend and Fraulein was asking whether another date with Admiral-san was on the cards. Alas I had to disappoint her! May be just as well since he was apparently busy elsewhere. Hmphh!
Hey Noops, Pity that. Nope the Admiral wasn't really busy. We could have enquired about the well being of our old acquaintance Mrs Stella Next time perhaps !

Quote:
Originally Posted by shatrughna View Post
@HG- do you know what is clay bar polishing? In Kharghar ( Navi Mumbai), a car wash shop has come up and offering various types of car washing and polishing services. They are charging 2500/- for it. Wondering if its worth it.
Hi Captain, No clue at all. But that is expensive !
If you are game come across to Thane some day and I'll rub clay all over your Scorp and wash it off at the creek for 2499/-. Much cheaper and personal attention too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manuuj View Post
You are most welcome dear chap! Always happy to be of service (as long as you dont induct me into physically removing the scratches from the Admiral)

I noticed the waxes that you bought and both are very capable to handle to handle such a job. Though due to some miscommunication the wax that you got was the paste type Formula 1 Carnuba which though is very effective is a little tougher to apply than the Formula 1 Metallic that i wanted you to get. (It comes in a blue bottle with "METALLIC" written on the face.)

Its much easier to apply and the results are stupendous..especially on Metallic surfaces like the Admirals. No harm done..that can be procured at a later date.
Uh -oh ! But you see in that accessory shop there was no other variety as I saw. Poked and prodded quite a few things there (was like a child at a toy shop !) but certainly didn't see the blue F-1 Metallic bottle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayjay View Post
This is quite possibly the most hilarious thread on this forum. It was hard to stop reading once I started.
Kudos to you General, for bringing a smile to our faces! (and salutations to the Admiral!)
Thank you mayjay. The pleasure is entirely Admiral Togo's. Glad to be bringing smiles and cheer around !
Quote:
Originally Posted by dot View Post
Sirji, the real credit goes to @Off Roadie. I just pop in now and then and yank General's chain.

But I will also shamelessly accept my addiction.
Hi dot, Absolutely. Cheers to Rohan for the moniker of Togo Channel.
Say dot you can't yank the General's chain - you mean yank the uniform lanyard. Bloody civilians !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace F355 View Post
I have the same product in my car care kit. It really is a good thing to take care of those minor scratches on the clear coat. Need quite a bit of elbow grease though.

The Admiral must be pleased with the treatment he got afterwards!



Hello mdsaab, I have used F1 Scratch Out for cleaning up my head lights. It does help cleaning up the headlamps. Later I use Quixx headlight lens sealer to protect the headlamps and keep them shining always. Try finding it out (or else check out ebay) if you can, I got it from Canada. This product is awesome.
Hi Ace, That Quixx is indeed a nice looking product. Thanks for sharing. My friend here - Ricky, who keeps going to Kanedda, better hire a container ship next time around. The shopping list grows !
You bet the Admiral was delighted, partly though as I didn't give him a fully body rub.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
First of all have to second here, am addicted to this thread.
always look forward to seeing this one pop up in my user cp.

@AceF355 thanks for the confirmation and the tip. will try out the formula 1 first and try and source the quixx from canada through some friends.
Thank you mdsaab for your continued patronage of the thread !

I think the F-1 Scratch Out will certainly work. Do let us know of the outcome.
Guderian is offline  
Old 26th April 2011, 10:55   #464
Senior - BHPian
 
Ace F355's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Delhi NCR
Posts: 1,172
Thanked: 1,602 Times
Default Re: Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manuuj View Post
Formula 1 Metallic that i wanted you to get. (It comes in a blue bottle with "METALLIC" written on the face.)

From all the products I use to maintain the beauty of my Shark, along with a truck load of micro fiber cloths; here is the bottle (second from left) Manuuj is talking about! (just to help him out in explaining)
Attached Thumbnails
Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-123.jpg  

Ace F355 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2011, 11:16   #465
Senior - BHPian
 
theexperthand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,369
Thanked: 1,136 Times
Default Re: Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...

@Guderian the 'mischievous' interpretations is always a part of the name, but old habits die hard - so the name sticks on. I love DIY and though I am no expert, I want to believe that I am reasonably good at what I mess up - and hence the name.
theexperthand is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Toyota Innova vs Toyota Fortuner - For a Family MAS SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s 121 24th November 2017 20:26
Toyota Fortuner vs Upcoming Face-Lifted Toyota Fortuner dkaile SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s 45 12th August 2011 22:20
Rear Admiral killed in 'accidental fire' sandeepmdas Shifting gears 13 9th July 2010 16:34
VW Touareg North Sails Design K-S-A The International Automotive Scene 6 23rd July 2008 23:29
Modified Corsa Sails dadudeonfire Modifications & Accessories 12 19th July 2005 01:39


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 21:33.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks