Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Closed Thread

Old 3rd June 2011, 12:18   #706
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...

I am not too happy with the wipers - the rubber had come loose during the last drive, and was making scratchy noises, but eventually corrected on its own.

They are alright now, but I will get them upgraded after a while.
Old 3rd June 2011, 12:45   #707
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilanjanray View Post
I am not too happy with the wipers - the rubber had come loose during the last drive, and was making scratchy noises, but eventually corrected on its own.

They are alright now, but I will get them upgraded after a while.
Hi Nils, Do you park Bison in the open during the day ? Sunshine/Heat can lead to the rubber wearing out fast - leading it to loose shape and coming out loose etc. Also streaks due to the rubber getting cut when it is deployed with particles on it.

I guess dry weather of Bangalore too plays a role in playing havoc with the rubber. Mumbai has its charms with all the humidity...

I try and clean the wipers in the evening before driving off, especially when I suspect that it may have to be used during the run back. Morning is taken care of by the GDW. Find that this helps reduce streaking for a long time. Utimately they do come - but is delayed for some time at least.

If you are upgrading try the Bosch Aerotwins...and let's have your review !

Last edited by Guderian : 3rd June 2011 at 13:06.
Old 3rd June 2011, 14:50   #708
Senior - BHPian

Unfortunately the vehicle is parked in the open and under the sun during the day. Creates many issues, I know.

Good tips on prolonging wiper life. Will try to follow.
nilanjanray is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2011, 18:20   #709
Senior - BHPian

@Guderian
Wonderful advice on being prepared for the rain. The bosch wipers are indeed the best.
Old 3rd June 2011, 18:44   #710
dot
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
The bosch wipers are indeed the best.
Do you know where to get them in Pune? Apparently Civic's wipers are ceramic coated. Do you get such ones at Bosch also. During Scorponok's 40k service they replaced the right wiper. The left one could not be replaced as they didnt have stock.
Old 4th June 2011, 09:44   #711
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@Guderian
Wonderful advice on being prepared for the rain. The bosch wipers are indeed the best.
Hi mdsaab, Thanks. Appears you have used them. I have been only told about this brand - could you give us a brief - costs and life expectancy etc ? Also - are you using B-Aerotwins ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dot View Post
Do you know where to get them in Pune? Apparently Civic's wipers are ceramic coated. Do you get such ones at Bosch also. During Scorponok's 40k service they replaced the right wiper. The left one could not be replaced as they didnt have stock.
Ceramic coated ?!! Not clear. What does that do ? Mr Materials King - please explain to our satisfaction. Also is this a standard feature to extent life or what ? Is the same available as a spray ?
Too many Qs I know but have always been a sucker for these things !
Old 4th June 2011, 09:47   #712
Senior - BHPian

Yeah i know where you can get them.
But the civic ones are really good, you dont really need Bosch. But will give you contact of Bosch distributor when we speak next.

I had used them on the Matiz.
A Little more expensive than the syndicate stocks.
But better life and quieter operation.
Worth the extra money. Speaking of wipers and the Matiz will need to replace immediately

Last edited by mdsaab : 4th June 2011 at 09:52.
Old 4th June 2011, 09:50   #713
Senior - BHPian

^
I think @dot meant silicon coated wipers?
Old 4th June 2011, 10:25   #714
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I had used them on the Matiz.
A Little more expensive than the syndicate stocks.
But better life and quieter operation.
Worth the extra money. Speaking of wipers and the Matiz will need to replace immediately
Hi mdsaab, Are these the Aerotwins and did they cost you something like 300 bucks for one ? How long do they approximately last till the streaks appear ? And how long, approx, before you throw them out ?
Old 4th June 2011, 12:36   #715
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
^
I think @dot meant silicon coated wipers?
Hi,
Went to the Bosch site where they've mentioned that their wipers are graphite coated to enhance wiper life. The claims there looked impressive.

Last edited by Guderian : 4th June 2011 at 12:37.
Old 4th June 2011, 12:47   #716
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guderian View Post
Hi mdsaab, Are these the Aerotwins and did they cost you something like 300 bucks for one ? How long do they approximately last till the streaks appear ? And how long, approx, before you throw them out ?
No they were not aerotwins. though i think those are the best.
if i remember correctly they were 700 a pair. But please excuse as i could be totally off with that quote. I think Bosch have changed their prices making them more aggressively priced and in turn available to more folks as an option.
They lasted me twice as long as the syndicates. and IMHO that's money well spent. The streaks appeared only around approx 2 years.
Old 4th June 2011, 13:25   #717
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
No they were not aerotwins. though i think those are the best.
if i remember correctly they were 700 a pair. But please excuse as i could be totally off with that quote. I think Bosch have changed their prices making them more aggressively priced and in turn available to more folks as an option.
They lasted me twice as long as the syndicates. and IMHO that's money well spent. The streaks appeared only around approx 2 years.
Hi mdsaab, Thanks. Those figures are correct I think. Aerotwins might be around 900 a pair.
And your observation about its life expectancy is an eye opener. 2 years ?!! That looks good.
I have always had an issue with wipers. Streaks start after about 4-5 months for whatever reason despite the care taken and its lights out in about 12 months time !
Old 4th June 2011, 17:39   #718
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guderian
Hi mdsaab, Thanks. Those figures are correct I think. Aerotwins might be around 900 a pair.
And your observation about its life expectancy is an eye opener. 2 years ?!! That looks good.
I have always had an issue with wipers. Streaks start after about 4-5 months for whatever reason despite the care taken and its lights out in about 12 months time !
Go for Bosch eyes closed, no tension.
I am driving the Matiz nowadays. Even now the right side wiper is cleaning fine and god knows how long its been since the Bosch came onboard. The left however is streaking bad. Both will be replaced this time round.
Old 4th June 2011, 17:46   #719
Senior - BHPian

@mdsaab - If you have the details of the place in Pune where we can get the Bosch wipers please post it on the TOGO channel. I would have to replace the ones on my Vista which are 2 years old. Thanks in advance.

I checked the Bosch website and there were only a couple of dealers listed on it. In fact have also dropped them a email yesterday. No response as of now.

Last edited by amitwlele : 4th June 2011 at 17:48.
Old 4th June 2011, 19:37   #720
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Go for Bosch eyes closed, no tension.
I am driving the Matiz nowadays. Even now the right side wiper is cleaning fine and god knows how long its been since the Bosch came onboard. The left however is streaking bad. Both will be replaced this time round.
Thanks mdsaab. That is indeed an useful bit of information. As soon as I am through with Admiral's current set of snakes shall go in for Bosch snakes...no vipers...no wipers really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwlele View Post
I checked the Bosch website and there were only a couple of dealers listed on it. In fact have also dropped them a email yesterday. No response as of now.
Hi Amit, Sorry to state this but you can wait for a response from Bosch and refuse to shave till you get one (like that chap in the US who refused to shave till they brought to justice O bin L) but then you'll find your beard tangling with and fouling the accelerator duly. You'll be better off tracing out and going after them.
Couple of tears ago, sorry, years ago - I had written to them regarding the Aerotwins - seeking details and costs etc for the Scorp. I am still awaiting their response. Meanwhile I sold the Scorp and the response, which I am expecting anytime now, may not be all that useful or timely is what I suspect !

Last edited by Guderian : 4th June 2011 at 19:42.
Closed Thread