Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 16th June 2011, 09:22   #811
Senior - BHPian
 
Guderian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Thane
Posts: 1,616
Thanked: 1,409 Times
Default Re: Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
1. @Guderian
as a regular contributor to the TOGO channel
please allocate my share of the 10% proceedings. Not that we need any motivation to continue posting on TOGO channel, but lets be fair here. LOL!

2. I think the MMI infotainment system is a great addition to the T-Fort's dash.
Will really enhance the looks. Also pre loaded with MMI Maps, which are IMHO the best around in India. Navigating to that unknown destination will be a breeze.

@Noopster so you are finally getting that Qualis!?! Congratulations!
2. Hi, Though I have been informed that the maps are not very accurate but then looking for at least something to go by. Also looking at the Blaupunkt and Garmin...

OT
1. Shhhh...please be informed that Togo Channel comes under the purview of the the Joke-pal Bill which is an off shoot of Lokpal Bill and covers all funny deals of funny sounding channels around the country.

In the meanwhile alternate motivational methodologies are being examined by the channel for its Directors, like you.
(At a market, near the T Channel's Head Office, one of our staff overheard the owner of the channel asking a leathershop-wallah - " My friend ! How much is that solid, good looking whip ?")
Guderian is offline  
Old 16th June 2011, 09:47   #812
dot
Senior - BHPian
 
dot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Ban Chang
Posts: 1,681
Thanked: 714 Times
Default Re: Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...

@Noops, are you seriously planning to purchase a Qualis? Just give yourself another year and some healthy and well bodied T.Forts will be available in the market at irresistible prices, IMHO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Damn it Guderian- that shirt is vermilion!
I thought it was orange. Must be color blind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
HG- this thread is getting dry without some of your trademark pics of the ADmiral- post some of him soaking up the Mumbai monsoons willya?!
Did you not see the post of various holes and apertures of different dimensions a few days back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guderian View Post
" My friend ! How much is that solid, good looking whip ?")
A new accessory? Actually it will go well with the Indiana Jones hat and aviator glasses.
dot is offline  
Old 16th June 2011, 10:26   #813
Senior - BHPian
 
F150's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: PUNE
Posts: 1,557
Thanked: 646 Times
Default

General,
Why would you need any maps, when we have our beloved HVK ?
I am also trying to get the google maps on my android phone to work offline.
F150 is online now  
Old 16th June 2011, 10:35   #814
Team-BHP Support
 
noopster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 8,665
Thanked: 9,197 Times
Default Re: Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...

Holy cow, I missed the pics on P53. Excellent stuff! The Admiral's shining with his new stickers! Keep posting, HG!

And yes, 10% for me as well. I'm way funnier than mdsaab

Guys- please don't jump the gun. The 4WD purchase is still a distant dream. But this thread keeps e fascinated!
noopster is offline  
Old 16th June 2011, 10:57   #815
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian
 
ACM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 4,154
Thanked: 2,460 Times
Default Re: Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...

Yep we need to do an A&A meet with some nice snaps soon.

I too have kept the plastic on the levers for moving the front row seats to and fro. Only those infact.

The Aria has a cigaratte lighter in the second row charger socket, the front and last row sockets are empty.

Yep a large statutory warning sticker would make for some fun in the ways people figure out how to do away with it.

One thing is sure I just can't match up to the kind of cleanup you manage to do for your baby -- oops Admiral.
ACM is offline  
Old 16th June 2011, 11:06   #816
Senior - BHPian
 
Guderian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Thane
Posts: 1,616
Thanked: 1,409 Times
Default Re: Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dot View Post
A new accessory? Actually it will go well with the Indiana Jones hat and aviator glasses.
Yo dot !
Not a fashion accessory really. But a motivational tool for the senior staff of this Channel. I am told that the sound of the crack of a whip increases productivity by 27.72 % !

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
1. Holy cow, I missed the pics on P53. Excellent stuff! The Admiral's shining with his new stickers! Keep posting, HG!

2. And yes, 10% for me as well. I'm way funnier than mdsaab
Hi Noops,
1. Right and go to pages 51 and 52 for all the rain soaked snaps of the Admiral that you've been seeking.

2. Now that the new motivational tool is just being procured another 10% of its application is certainly reserved for you as a Director.

By the way that 4X4 itch that you have - is a good one. Bring it to a delightful conclusion will you ?!!
Guderian is offline  
Old 16th June 2011, 11:22   #817
dot
Senior - BHPian
 
dot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Ban Chang
Posts: 1,681
Thanked: 714 Times
Default Re: Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guderian View Post
Yo dot !
Not a fashion accessory really. But a motivational tool for the senior staff of this Channel. I am told that the sound of the crack of a whip increases productivity by 27.72 % !
Heck, right from the which-diesel question I am working so hard on this thread, trying to be funner (blame the spelling on yahoo). So la vie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guderian View Post
By the way that 4X4 itch that you have - is a good one. Bring it to a delightful conclusion will you ?!!
Now that noopster, mdsaab and me displaying a fond affection for a particular brand of T.,
from this
Name:  IMG_0220.JPG
Views: 646
Size:  87.6 KB

are we going to see this soon?
Name:  fortuners.jpg
Views: 699
Size:  139.4 KB
dot is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2011, 12:59   #818
Senior - BHPian
 
Guderian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Thane
Posts: 1,616
Thanked: 1,409 Times
Default Re: Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
Yep we need to do an A&A meet with some nice snaps soon.

I too have kept the plastic on the levers for moving the front row seats to and fro. Only those infact.

The Aria has a cigaratte lighter in the second row charger socket, the front and last row sockets are empty.

Yep a large statutory warning sticker would make for some fun in the ways people figure out how to do away with it.

One thing is sure I just can't match up to the kind of cleanup you manage to do for your baby -- oops Admiral.
Hi ACM,
Sure will tie up with you one of these weekends for a drive and photo op.
About that clean up - all done by the GDW. I handle only the engine bay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dot View Post
are we going to see this soon?
Hi dot,
Nice snaps - esp the first one. Great rides those.

And the funny/ironical part about the second snap is - a gang of Toyota hunks parading bare chested, with the banners and buntings of Ford and Volvo fluttering nearby...wimpishly...
Great image. Thanks for sharing.
Guderian is offline  
Old 17th June 2011, 07:32   #819
Senior - BHPian
 
mdsaab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,624
Thanked: 446 Times
Default Re: Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...

No i agree @Noopster is way more funnier than i am.
@Guderian please give him my share of the 10% incentive er um Leather.
It will be a win win since only hearing the crack of the whip is required to increase productivity by 27.72%

Trust me @Guderian MMI maps are by far the best on offer in India today.
Yes once in a while they may act up or guide you through some small silly streets but in the end if you follow the damn thing. IT WILL GET YOU THERE!

We experienced this on our way back to Pune from Goa.
A cop for some reason told us our usual Sawantwadi road was closed and forced us to take a diversion.
In the end we ended up taking a whole new route altogether.
Having no clue as to how to reach Pune from this route. The MMI maps really helped us navigate back on track to Kolhapur, after which i was pretty comfortable with the route.

@dot lovely snaps. The second one hopefully will be true sometime in the distant future. Would love to own a tough, rugged, go anywhere capable vehicle such as the T-Fort.

@Noopster ~ please enjoy my 10% share. it was my pleasure
No wait on second thought it may be @Guderian's pleasure

Last edited by mdsaab : 17th June 2011 at 07:34.
mdsaab is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2011, 09:44   #820
Senior - BHPian
 
Guderian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Thane
Posts: 1,616
Thanked: 1,409 Times
Default Re: Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
Trust me @Guderian MMI maps are by far the best on offer in India today.
Yes once in a while they may act up or guide you through some small silly streets but in the end if you follow the damn thing. IT WILL GET YOU THERE!
Hi mdsaab, Thanks for the feedback. Shall locate a simple GPS hardware to run the MMI maps instead of the expensive ones. Hopefully MMI should themselves have s sasta one !

OT - Togo Channel Organisational News:
About all other points mentioned including the productivity tools - all I quoted was the study which mentioned about the increase in the productivity by X% (27.72%) on hearing the crack of the whip. No spokesman stated anywhere that the management of the channel would be happy with the Director's productivity increasing just by X%.
So please be advised that all productivity tools will be productively used to optimal levels to derive the best ROI within the 'shortest' periods of time.
To ensure effective usage of the P tool - a change in dress code now entails that Directors attend office in 'shorts'.
(The type/format of the shorts is detailed in dkaile's snap with the Qualis - please ref the same.)
Guderian is offline  
Old 17th June 2011, 12:11   #821
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,233
Thanked: 338 Times
Default Re: Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guderian View Post
OT - Togo Channel Organisational News:
About all other points mentioned including the productivity tools - all I quoted was the study which mentioned about the increase in the productivity by X% (27.72%) on hearing the crack of the whip. No spokesman stated anywhere that the management of the channel would be happy with the Director's productivity increasing just by X%.
So please be advised that all productivity tools will be productively used to optimal levels to derive the best ROI within the 'shortest' periods of time.
To ensure effective usage of the P tool - a change in dress code now entails that Directors attend office in 'shorts'.
(The type/format of the shorts is detailed in dkaile's snap with the Qualis - please ref the same.)
Typically productivity tools are nothing more than management mumbo-jumbo with improvemet figures quoted based on the whims of the author.

But the productivity tool selected for the TOGO channel is bound to show results - either in the form of improved productivity or directors making a hasty retreat in short pants.
amitwlele is offline  
Old 17th June 2011, 15:17   #822
Senior - BHPian
 
Guderian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Thane
Posts: 1,616
Thanked: 1,409 Times
Default Re: Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...

Alloy Wheel Care ?

Oh all ye GEMs (Gurus of External Manifestations)...

Need some inputs here on alloy wheel/s care. Admiral's alloy wheels need some care as it is begining to look dirty with grime etc and slightly dull despite the best efforts of Sundays.

- Is there some kind of special polish for alloys ?
- Any protective coating ?

Have now noticed a very small small chip as well on the surface (on one of the spokes) of the rear left alloy wheel.

Speak up me hearties !

Last edited by Guderian : 17th June 2011 at 15:47.
Guderian is offline  
Old 17th June 2011, 15:57   #823
Distinguished - BHPian
 
condor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Speed-brkr City
Posts: 10,748
Thanked: 4,338 Times
Default Re: Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...

Arent you using Alloy wheel cleaners regularly ? or is it only water wash ?
condor is offline  
Old 17th June 2011, 16:03   #824
Senior - BHPian
 
Guderian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Thane
Posts: 1,616
Thanked: 1,409 Times
Default Re: Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Arent you using Alloy wheel cleaners regularly ? or is it only water wash ?
Hi,
Not at all. Only water.
Any brands ? Is it a spray ?

Last edited by Guderian : 17th June 2011 at 16:05.
Guderian is offline  
Old 17th June 2011, 16:13   #825
dot
Senior - BHPian
 
dot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Ban Chang
Posts: 1,681
Thanked: 714 Times
Default Re: Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guderian View Post
Alloy Wheel Care ?


Need some inputs here on alloy wheel/s care. Admiral's alloy wheels need some care as it is begining to look dirty with grime etc and slightly dull despite the best efforts of Sundays.

- Is there some kind of special polish for alloys ?
- Any protective coating ?


Speak up me hearties !
Simple Mr. Muscle or any other power cleaner with a toothbrush and a old cotton sock to wipe off liquid is enough to clean the grime and keep the normal shine.
dot is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Toyota Innova vs Toyota Fortuner - For a Family MAS SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s 121 24th November 2017 20:26
Toyota Fortuner vs Upcoming Face-Lifted Toyota Fortuner dkaile SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s 45 12th August 2011 22:20
Rear Admiral killed in 'accidental fire' sandeepmdas Shifting gears 13 9th July 2010 16:34
VW Touareg North Sails Design K-S-A The International Automotive Scene 6 23rd July 2008 23:29
Modified Corsa Sails dadudeonfire Modifications & Accessories 12 19th July 2005 01:39


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 19:08.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks