Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 10th July 2015, 19:40   #166

Angry re: Fiesta 1.6 Sxi 2006 : New/Used car ownership at 1,15,000 km EDIT: Now sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by techiecal View Post
I just had my Classic fitted with Fog Lamps and the entire kit consisting of 2 Fog Lamps (for Classic, Old Fiesta fitting is different) and the replacement switch (with Front Fog lamp position) cost me Rs.4100/-.
I had to order the kit as the dealers had only old Fiesta lamps which many dealers fit by tying with wires as the screw positions are different for old Fiesta and Classic Fiesta and I wanted the original fitting only. But price for both models are same.
Can you please tell from where have you ordered it. I have ordered it for old fiesta!!
I wanted them for Classic fiesta but was not aware about the difference, so went ahead and purchased it
Josh1927 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2015, 08:57   #167
vdm
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh1927 View Post
Can you please tell from where have you ordered it. I have ordered it for old fiesta!!
I wanted them for Classic fiesta but was not aware about the difference, so went ahead and purchased it
It's so suprising that availing fog lights for classic is so difficult. Over here the parts are easily available at the A.A.S. and have never faced this kind of problem.
vdm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2015, 08:59   #168
BHPian

Default re: Fiesta 1.6 Sxi 2006 : New/Used car ownership at 1,15,000 km EDIT: Now sold!

Quote:
I got it all done from Ford ASS Ganges in Kolkata. I suppose any Ford ASS at your place can do the needful.
techiecal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2015, 14:47   #169

Default re: Fiesta 1.6 Sxi 2006 : New/Used car ownership at 1,15,000 km EDIT: Now sold!

Thanks all,

I did not go for the A.S.S. ones as they were pretty over priced ~ 4500 inr. I was trying online and at repair shops. Now that I have ordered the old fiesta ones, will actually try to get them installed once I receive those.

Will keep you updated!
Josh1927 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2015, 13:25   #170
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks all,

I did not go for the A.S.S. ones as they were pretty over priced ~ 4500 inr. I was trying online and at repair shops. Now that I have ordered the old fiesta ones, will actually try to get them installed once I receive those.

Will keep you updated!
Look up fiesta lights on OLX/Quikr. You'll get numbers of people who've posted "for ford/chevy/maruti " etc. These are guys in Mayapuri/jama masjid. Cal and enquire from people in Jama masjid for availability. They will definitely have it
Take the metro to get there. Find your guy, buy the lamps.
The price will be a fraction of anything you can find anywhere. Do negotiate, typically 1/2 to 2/3 of quoted is good.
PS: Dont dress too well.
mayankk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2015, 17:19   #171
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks all,

Will keep you updated!
But what about the switch. You will need to change it also as it does not have the position for front fogs. Unless you plan to wire an independent switch on the dash.
techiecal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2015, 17:37   #172
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by techiecal View Post
But what about the switch. You will need to change it also as it does not have the position for front fogs. Unless you plan to wire an independent switch on the dash.
He could do something like this.....
Much cooler than the knob!
Attached Images

Old 7th December 2015, 15:19   #173
Senior - BHPian

As part of the general maintainence, got the sparks changed, and alternator belt as well,which apparently was 3-4 more toothed than the correct one.
Bay cleaned, paint polished, and,oh, this:

Fiesta 1.6 Sxi 2006 : New/Used car ownership at 1,15,000 km EDIT: Now sold!-img20151207wa0010.jpg
Fiesta 1.6 Sxi 2006 : New/Used car ownership at 1,15,000 km EDIT: Now sold!-img20151207wa0011.jpg
Some finishing still being carried out on the mounting plated. Actually got these for the Tucson, but was going to get another pair for the fiesta. However, with one set of HIDs on the blink, visibility is finished with these headlights. As a final experiment, am going to use a series of 10W LEDs forward facing, and will figure out some way to mount the lenses from these projectors. Otherwise, its all on for a fresh new pair of headlights, and I swear mummy I will not bother them!
mayankk is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2015, 17:30   #174
Senior - BHPian

The lamps that burn twice as bright, burn fuses in half the time!!
So, after using these for one night, they didnt switch on the next day. The fog circuitry is designed to handle 35 + 35 W, and I put in 35+35+55+55, so the fuse melted.
Will be getting a relay on sunday to get this fixed.
And here I was, planning to get 100W H3s!
Old 10th December 2015, 21:45   #175
Senior - BHPian

Is the bonnet partially open? Or is the panel gap that wide?

Nice to know about your experiments with extra lights. Please do update us on what you find to be the best.
vnabhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2015, 22:18   #176
Senior - BHPian

Yes, the bonnet is open. I've got all the hardware for the Leds. Just need 3 days off. Which should be coming up next year. I'll put it up, don't worry.
Old 27th February 2016, 16:52   #177
Senior - BHPian

So with a recent experience forcing me to get a DVR, I had to put that in, and the included lighter socket charger was just a bit too long, and cluttery. So I bought a phone charger for 70 bucks, connected that to the cabin light. There're are three, so one would be missed. All I need to do is turn on the right side one, it switches the camera on. Basic thing.

Open charger thus:
Fiesta 1.6 Sxi 2006 : New/Used car ownership at 1,15,000 km EDIT: Now sold!-opened-charger.jpg

Attach wire so:
Fiesta 1.6 Sxi 2006 : New/Used car ownership at 1,15,000 km EDIT: Now sold!-wired-charger.jpg

Looks like this closed:
Fiesta 1.6 Sxi 2006 : New/Used car ownership at 1,15,000 km EDIT: Now sold!-closed-charger.jpg

Attach wires like:
Fiesta 1.6 Sxi 2006 : New/Used car ownership at 1,15,000 km EDIT: Now sold!-light-socket.jpg

Voila:
Fiesta 1.6 Sxi 2006 : New/Used car ownership at 1,15,000 km EDIT: Now sold!-closed-socket.jpg
Fiesta 1.6 Sxi 2006 : New/Used car ownership at 1,15,000 km EDIT: Now sold!-overshot.jpg

Right now, the phone charger is outside, since the cable I have used is from an HDD. I've ordered another miniUSB cable, and when I get it, its all going to be taped, and sent inside the headliner.

In other news, The aux lamps are now wired from a 400w relay, and have 100 w bulbs, as do the fogs.
Dont leave the night enough life for a fight!!
Old 28th February 2016, 18:23   #178
BHPian

Went through the whole thread as I am looking to buy a used fiesta in the 2-3L budget. But am a little bit wary of selling a reliable Ritz to buy a 6-7 year old used Ford. This thread is giving me confidence that it may not be so much of a problem to keep not only a fiesta but also a Tuscon in good condition. I am planning to look at the used cars in Ford showrooms in the hope that I can check the service history. What's your current odo reading? Any further updates ?
rohitnp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th February 2016, 09:33   #179
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitnp View Post
Went through the whole thread as I am looking to buy a used fiesta in the 2-3L budget. But am a little bit wary of selling a reliable Ritz to buy a 6-7 year old used Ford. This thread is giving me confidence that it may not be so much of a problem to keep not only a fiesta but also a Tuscon in good condition. I am planning to look at the used cars in Ford showrooms in the hope that I can check the service history. What's your current odo reading? Any further updates ?
Well, if you take care while buying, get the major things checked(suspension, AC, steering etc), you will in all probability get a good car. These are reliable motors provided they are taken care of. I wasnt, so I spent a bit of the early possession period getting stuff fixed.
However, you may stand to lose on the FE(if going for a petrol). 10-12. Highways maybe 15-17.

The current ODO on my car is 125k, which is not a lot of usage in the past few months, since I crossed 115k ages ago! Thats mostly owing to the tucson being the family drive. I have had tremendous fun with this car, and am looking to buy a 3rd vehicle to satiate other needs, but cant bring myself to let her go. Thats the kind of car she is.
Old 29th February 2016, 10:40   #180
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Well, if you take care while buying, get the major things checked(suspension, AC, steering etc), you will in all probability get a good car. These are reliable motors provided they are taken care of. I wasnt, so I spent a bit of the early possession period getting stuff fixed.
However, you may stand to lose on the FE(if going for a petrol). 10-12. Highways maybe 15-17.

The current ODO on my car is 125k, which is not a lot of usage in the past few months, since I crossed 115k ages ago! Thats mostly owing to the tucson being the family drive. I have had tremendous fun with this car, and am looking to buy a 3rd vehicle to satiate other needs, but cant bring myself to let her go. Thats the kind of car she is.
Thank you very much. Will keep looking. I am hoping that the ones in the Ford used showroom will be in better condition. Or else will get an outside vehicle checked out at Ford ASS. Would have taken it to a trusted FNG but they are against buying anything but used Japanese cars. They do have a good point but sometimes the Japanese don't seem to appeal to the enthusiast in me and also they don't seem very safe at all. Mileage won't be such a big problem because 1) I get reimbursed for my fuel costs 2) and I don't have a lot of long distance running anyway, maybe 1000kms a month at most.
rohitnp is offline   Reply With Quote