Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 25th June 2014, 14:04   #31
BHPian

Default Re: Toyota Innova: My Hi-way star: Long term ownership review

In July 2005, I was castigated to be the worst decision maker in the family. Had just bought in the "Very Expensive" and "High Maintenance" Innova. Slowly, the opinions began to change and nothing changed on the "Innu". A fresh set of tyres at 39k and 66k (both GT3), is now asking for a 3rd change (?) in the next few months after having clocked 93K. No major hanky-pankies, excepting as you said, Shock Absorbers (thanks to Charmadi/ Agumbe and Shiradi Ghats) and scratches all over.

Great companion, have done Delhi & Back, Gangtok and back, Calcutta & back, Mumbai & back (multiple) and many local Kerala/ Tamilnadu trips without major expenses or large service bills (going through a VW Polo thread and gasping!)

The service at "United" downward average to . Less said the better. More often than not, the SA's (barring one or two), seem more interested in a positive feedback than the actual service).

@hkollar, I will go 1 step further and have it around till it falls apart

Cheers

Arun
arun27g is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2014, 14:13   #32
Senior - BHPian

83k kms in my 2009 Innova. Only change has been one fused light bulb and one set of tires apart from regular servicing.
no rattles, no squeaks, no drama. Love this car!
Buffetfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2014, 09:57   #33
BHPian

Bought my Innova V in 2014 and I am must say I am quite impressed with the versatility of Toyota vehicles. However, there are panel gaps in the dashboard which one does not expect from a 18L car - disappointing. Do any of you feel that Toyota has made subtle changes to the drive ability for innova. I do not feel the drag I used to feel on my friends innova... BS 4 Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Team-BHP
adnair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2014, 19:38   #34
BHPian

Do you know what gauge metal sheet they have for the Innova - as many state - it is quite thin. Has this been the case with the older Innova's? Or has quality declined in the recent past?

Appreciate your thoughts...

Old 10th October 2014, 23:36   #35
BHPian

Innovas always had thin sheet metal. They use different guage metal for the front ( bonnet and fendor), doors and the rear.Its pretty thick on the rear and bonnet. But the door sheet metal is scaringly thin. I am not happy with the paint but other than that I cannot find any issue with the car. Odo reads 93500 kms as on date. Planning to keep the car for atleast 2 lacs kilometers. My running has come down a little as I have a Swift and Zen to share the load these days. But none of these cars have the perfection of the Innova.
Silver Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2014, 06:54   #36
BHPian

Thanks and agree- Innova has the charm and reliability that is really hard to beat!

Old 1st January 2015, 20:31   #37
BHPian

The Odo just passed 94 K Kms. Running has significantly come down as I added one more Swift diesel to the stable. Ticking like a clock as usual.
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Innova: My Hi-way star: Long term ownership review-t.jpg  

Silver Knight is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote