Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 9th February 2013, 20:59   #241
BHPian

Default Re: My Black Mamba - VW Vento TDi - *UPDATE* 50,000 kms

cool, possibility of my Weiß Ritter meeting Black Mamba some time ! I am seriously considering change to continentals after getting my car delivered.
stringbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2013, 20:26   #242
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stringbh View Post
cool, possibility of my Weiß Ritter meeting Black Mamba some time ! I am seriously considering change to continentals after getting my car delivered.
Please do! It surely does help. Also consider upgrading the Head lights.
mikon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2013, 21:29   #243
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikon View Post
Please do! It surely does help. Also consider upgrading the Head lights.
Will be going around this weekend to check about tyres. As for lights, I have zero input about possible places in Bhubaneswar, where it can be done, also couldn't find many bhpians to give options here
stringbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2013, 15:09   #244
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stringbh View Post
Will be going around this weekend to check about tyres. As for lights, I have zero input about possible places in Bhubaneswar, where it can be done, also couldn't find many bhpians to give options here
There are lot of options. Have a look. I've a friend there who can help you in that. Will PM you his number. But get the car first !
Old 19th February 2013, 18:02   #245
BHPian

@ Mikon,
i have an experience to share and would appreciate Vento owners' comments on this.
i have driven my Vento Petrol on mumbai pune expressway (few times) and mumbai ahmedabad expressway (2 times).
whenever i have driven in the range of 120 - 140 kmph, car (or steering) becomes too sensitive and starts running towards left and right. 140 - 160 kmph car again becomes stable.
normally i dont cross 120 kmph speed. i have touched this high speed only 2 times when i found good straight stretch.
Car is in absolutely stock condition.

Last edited by Nicky : 19th February 2013 at 18:04.
Nicky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2013, 18:29   #246
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky View Post
@ Mikon,
i have an experience to share and would appreciate Vento owners' comments on this.
i have driven my Vento Petrol on mumbai pune expressway (few times) and mumbai ahmedabad expressway (2 times).
whenever i have driven in the range of 120 - 140 kmph, car (or steering) becomes too sensitive and starts running towards left and right. 140 - 160 kmph car again becomes stable.
normally i dont cross 120 kmph speed. i have touched this high speed only 2 times when i found good straight stretch.
Hi!, I've never faced this issue. (even if doing 160 +). But yes, sometimes the steering becomes light in PNQ-MUM Expressway. I do not remember at what speeds.

Seems you have a Vento Tdi. Did you find the same the issue in it too?

Last edited by mikon : 19th February 2013 at 18:31.
Old 20th February 2013, 10:27   #247
BHPian

Quote:
Hi!, I've never faced this issue. (even if doing 160 +). But yes, sometimes the steering becomes light in PNQ-MUM Expressway. I do not remember at what speeds.

Seems you have a Vento Tdi. Did you find the same the issue in it too?
yes, i found this issue in TDi and Petrol both. Tyre change might help.
Nicky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2013, 16:42   #248
BHPian

Quote:
yes, i found this issue in TDi and Petrol both. Tyre change might help.
I'm not sure whether tyre change might help. It should not be an issue in low profile tyres. Also try wheel balancing.
Old 20th February 2013, 20:42   #249
BHPian

Quote:
But get the car first !
You had to say that, didn't you well, I'm almost there. The two day strike is not working well for me
stringbh is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2013, 11:05   #250
BHPian

Tyre Burst Update
I really want to thank PMC for this. There was some uncovered un-cut iron rods protruding from ground. Totally invisible sitting at drivers seat, moreover it was at night 11pm and it was dark. I was taking a turn for parking. The car went over it and it wouldn't move. Thank god, i wasn't in speed.
The tyre was just 6000 km old!

My Black Mamba - VW Vento TDi - *UPDATE* 50,000 kms-imag0141.jpg

Replaced it with a brand new Continental CPC2 195/60 R15
mikon is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2013, 17:41   #251
BHPian

No major updates till now. Car is running fine at 58000 kms +
Clutch has become very hard. 4th service is nearing. I'll ask the showroom guys to have a look.

My Black Mamba - VW Vento TDi - *UPDATE* 50,000 kms-dsc_0028.jpg
mikon is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2013, 20:08   #252
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
No major updates till now. Car is running fine at 58000 kms +
Clutch has become very hard. 4th service is nearing. I'll ask the showroom guys to have a look.

Attachment 1081880
Looking at the pic, I have a small suggestion. Since yours is a treadline with no fog lamps, why don't you move the DRL into the fog lamp casing. By making a small cut out in the middle of the blank fog lamp cover and placing the DRL into it. It would make your car look even more better, for sure.

A small question. You previously had 195 55 R15 CPC2, did you ever scrap the bottom with them since the GC is reduced by 4 mm? How do you find 195 60 R15 spec tyre in comparison to it.
el lobo 6061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2013, 17:34   #253
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
Looking at the pic, I have a small suggestion. Since yours is a treadline with no fog lamps, why don't you move the DRL into the fog lamp casing. By making a small cut out in the middle of the blank fog lamp cover and placing the DRL into it. It would make your car look even more better, for sure.
I had tried that. But it is a difficult job, because the TL and HL's fog lamp casing are different. If I try to insert the DRLs there then the fitting would not be proper. If it were a HL, then replacing the DRLs would have been simple. I'll give another try though.

Quote:
A small question. You previously had 195 55 R15 CPC2, did you ever scrap the bottom with them since the GC is reduced by 4 mm? How do you find 195 60 R15 spec tyre in comparison to it.
No never, I only scrapped the mud flaps. The only difference is I found is the cushioning and there is less gap between the tyre and the arch which looks good
Old 25th November 2013, 23:15   #254
BHPian

Any further update? Long time we haven;t seen any update on this thread..
Appreciate your long term reports.
manjubp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2013, 01:08   #255
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@ Mikon,
Your wheels are out of balance by 10 to 15 grams. Either one or maybe both. Not enough to cause your steering to shake, but enough to cause what you are facing. A super a light steering which at certain speeds feel as if i ll move left and right at a touch of a nail. Get it balanced ( two side balancing) and not the single side balancing done on alloy wheels. Also get it done at a reputed shop which shows a Zero even on both sides 2 to 3 times after the necessary weights are added. The readings should be repeatable for you to know the balancing is perfect and the machine should not throw up additional weights everytime the required weight is added and the wheel rotated again to check the perfectness of the balance.
humyum is offline   Reply With Quote