Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 18th July 2011, 11:46   #76
BHPian
 
mikon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Pune
Posts: 437
Thanked: 371 Times
Default re: My Black Mamba -VW Vento TDi- EDIT : 1st Service Report

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
Sirji! Im so late for the party. But then, as they say- Better late than never. Lovely car! Superb pics. The black alloys look oh-so S-E-X-Y! The car must be one of its kind in the parking lot of the office .

As far as diesel noise is concerned, get damping done on the bonnet. That would reduce the noise.
Try the DRL's in place of the fogs. See how they look. If the look goes with the car, get it fitted.

Lastly, lets meet soon. At least us, in office!
Dhanyvaad Sirji! Monsoon mud is turning the car into brown :P
You know any place for damping ?
I'll try the DRLs as you suggested.
Of course lets meet, I can come over today too. Doing WFH
mikon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2011, 11:55   #77
Senior - BHPian
 
ninjatalli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: BOM
Posts: 1,606
Thanked: 1,177 Times
Default re: My Black Mamba -VW Vento TDi- EDIT : 1st Service Report

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikon View Post
Mamba went in for a short exile.
It now touched 9000 kms.
Loving the car every-time i drive it. (Though I hate the diesel engine sound!)
I'm planning for head light change and some engine mods.
Here are some fresh pictures. Hope you like them and suggestions awaited.
Glorious pics Mikon. The second pic looks too good - you could just frame it and hang it in your house!

Btw do you work at Hinjewadi - coz I once followed a black mamba from Wakad bridge to Sanghvi Phata (that's where I branched off). Can't remember the number plate, but there were two TBHP stickers on the bumper at the back.
ninjatalli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2011, 11:59   #78
Senior - BHPian
 
Swanand Inamdar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,648
Thanked: 573 Times
Default re: My Black Mamba -VW Vento TDi- EDIT : 1st Service Report

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikon View Post
Dhanyvaad Sirji! Monsoon mud is turning the car into brown :P
You know any place for damping ?
I'll try the DRLs as you suggested.
Of course lets meet, I can come over today too. Doing WFH

Lemme check, I think I know a place who would do the damping.
Lucky you! Work from home ka option toh hai!
Come anytime. You know where I am .
Mail me, if you do venture out.
Swanand Inamdar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2011, 12:35   #79
BHPian
 
mikon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Pune
Posts: 437
Thanked: 371 Times
Default re: My Black Mamba -VW Vento TDi- EDIT : 1st Service Report

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Glorious pics Mikon. The second pic looks too good - you could just frame it and hang it in your house!

Btw do you work at Hinjewadi - coz I once followed a black mamba from Wakad bridge to Sanghvi Phata (that's where I branched off). Can't remember the number plate, but there were two TBHP stickers on the bumper at the back.
Ninja sir. thank you. Loved your handle name
No i dont work at hinjewadi. But the route you mentioned, I'm regular there.
I've only one sticker above the number plate (though its not visible so much)
mikon is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2011, 12:43   #80
Team-BHP Support
 
noopster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 8,665
Thanked: 9,193 Times
Default re: My Black Mamba -VW Vento TDi- EDIT : 1st Service Report

Hey Mikon, the grassy photos are awesome! Where did you shoot those?

Glad to see your logos are still intact (no intention of jinxing them!) The red alloys are probably the best looking ones we've seen on Ventos/Polos on the forums.

BTW, smoked lamps on a Vento look DEADLY! We saw these on the South Africa spec Polo sedan on the VW factory visit and they are just incredible looking. Highly recommended. Will try and see if I can dig up the contact of an OE supplier.

Don't you get the car to the office? I have never spotted your Black Mamba- have spotted pretty much everyone else in the vicinity!

Cheers
Noops
noopster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2011, 12:48   #81
Senior - BHPian
 
Swanand Inamdar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,648
Thanked: 573 Times
Default re: My Black Mamba -VW Vento TDi- EDIT : 1st Service Report

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Don't you get the car to the office? I have never spotted your Black Mamba- have spotted pretty much everyone else in the vicinity!

Cheers
Noops

Noop, we (Mikon and I) work for the same organization, albiet in different locations. Mikon does not work out of Hinjewadi. His office is on Senapati Bapat Rd. So, spotting the Mamba would only be possible, if we do venture that side of town. Unless of course, we spot him on the occassional visit to Aundh after office.
Swanand Inamdar is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2011, 13:05   #82
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 941
Thanked: 256 Times
Default re: My Black Mamba -VW Vento TDi- EDIT : 1st Service Report

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
Sirji! Im so late for the party. But then, as they say- Better late than never. Lovely car! Superb pics. The black alloys look oh-so S-E-X-Y! The car must be one of its kind in the parking lot of the office .

As far as diesel noise is concerned, get damping done on the bonnet. That would reduce the noise.
Try the DRL's in place of the fogs. See how they look. If the look goes with the car, get it fitted.

Lastly, lets meet soon. At least us, in office!
Is it possible to get damping done under the bonnet. I think I have seen it on a couple of cars as a factory fitting. New Passat for sure and maybe on Corolla Altis 'Bullock Cart Edition' (Oh! is it D-4D)

Is it an easy fitment from outside. How much would one cost ?(exhaustive coverage; kill the damn noise as much as possible)
Abhi_Automobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2011, 13:14   #83
BHPian
 
RemingtonSteele's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 569
Thanked: 168 Times
Default re: My Black Mamba -VW Vento TDi- EDIT : 1st Service Report

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikon View Post
I'm planning for head light change and some engine mods.
Here are some fresh pictures. Hope you like them and suggestions awaited.
Beautiful pics mikon.
BTW did you go to Lavasa @2 ish couple of sunday's back ?? On the way to Lavasa I was in ANHC with family n folks and I was following you for a while, I spotted your stickers, honked and flashed at you. finally overtook you to show you my stickers . Atlast I slowed down at the road side jackfruit wala and you zipped past me.
RemingtonSteele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2011, 13:36   #84
BHPian
 
mikon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Pune
Posts: 437
Thanked: 371 Times
Default re: My Black Mamba -VW Vento TDi- EDIT : 1st Service Report

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Hey Mikon, the grassy photos are awesome! Where did you shoot those?

Glad to see your logos are still intact (no intention of jinxing them!) The red alloys are probably the best looking ones we've seen on Ventos/Polos on the forums.

BTW, smoked lamps on a Vento look DEADLY! We saw these on the South Africa spec Polo sedan on the VW factory visit and they are just incredible looking. Highly recommended. Will try and see if I can dig up the contact of an OE supplier.

Don't you get the car to the office? I have never spotted your Black Mamba- have spotted pretty much everyone else in the vicinity!

Cheers
Noops
Thank you sirji! Its near lavasa.
Yes, logos are still intact. But Im planning to remove them and keep it. Do you know how do we remove them?
I'm searching for the headlight cluster. Have contacted provrodz. Price is bit on a higher side. Lets see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
Noop, we (Mikon and I) work for the same organization, albiet in different locations. Mikon does not work out of Hinjewadi. His office is on Senapati Bapat Rd. So, spotting the Mamba would only be possible, if we do venture that side of town. Unless of course, we spot him on the occassional visit to Aundh after office.
What!, even Noop is in same organization?
There is no need to for you guys to come this side. Just let me know the date and time. I'll be there at your campus. Plan karo sir! hazir ho jayenge
And yes, I need the contact numbers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_Automobile View Post
Is it possible to get damping done under the bonnet. I think I have seen it on a couple of cars as a factory fitting. New Passat for sure and maybe on Corolla Altis 'Bullock Cart Edition' (Oh! is it D-4D)

Is it an easy fitment from outside. How much would one cost ?(exhaustive coverage; kill the damn noise as much as possible)
Wish you get the answer soon. Once i get a contact, I'll also let you know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemingtonSteele View Post
Beautiful pics mikon.
BTW did you go to Lavasa @2 ish couple of sunday's back ?? On the way to Lavasa I was in ANHC with family n folks and I was following you for a while, I spotted your stickers, honked and flashed at you. finally overtook you to show you my stickers . Atlast I slowed down at the road side jackfruit wala and you zipped past me.
Thank you sir!
Yes! it was me. And I do remember a honda city!!
I'm extremely sorry I was not able to notice the stickers else i would have stopped. I was bit held up in doing two things at the same time - driving and controlling the people inside the car who were in 'high spirits'
mikon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2011, 13:41   #85
BHPian
 
RemingtonSteele's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 569
Thanked: 168 Times
Default re: My Black Mamba -VW Vento TDi- EDIT : 1st Service Report

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikon View Post
I was bit held up in doing two things at the same time - driving and controlling the people inside the car who were in 'high spirits'
Yep, I saw that (but refrained from mentioning ) otherwise I would have stopped you and chatted. Even I was with the family folks paying attention to various details, anyway there is always a next time will catchup with you then
RemingtonSteele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2011, 14:27   #86
Team-BHP Support
 
noopster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 8,665
Thanked: 9,193 Times
Default re: My Black Mamba -VW Vento TDi- EDIT : 1st Service Report

LOL no I don't work there> But close by. Will PM my contacts.

@remingtonsteele: dude you need to make your stickers a trifle more prominent> remember I missed them too?

Last edited by noopster : 18th July 2011 at 14:28.
noopster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2011, 14:39   #87
Senior - BHPian
 
Swanand Inamdar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,648
Thanked: 573 Times
Default re: My Black Mamba -VW Vento TDi- EDIT : 1st Service Report

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_Automobile View Post
Is it possible to get damping done under the bonnet.

Is it an easy fitment from outside. How much would one cost ?(exhaustive coverage; kill the damn noise as much as possible)
I believe it is very much possible to get the damping done. I mean, if the OEM guys can do it, then why not some after market guys?
I am not aware of the cost, but like I mentioned to Mikon, lemme check with the guy and update you guys.


Quote:
Originally Posted by mikon View Post
What!, even Noop is in same organization?
And yes, I need the contact numbers.
No, Noop isnt in the same organization, LOL. He works nearby.
You have my contact details. If not, you know how to get em .
Swanand Inamdar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2011, 14:41   #88
dot
Senior - BHPian
 
dot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Ban Chang
Posts: 1,681
Thanked: 714 Times
Default re: My Black Mamba -VW Vento TDi- EDIT : 1st Service Report

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikon View Post
Here are some fresh pictures. Hope you like them and suggestions awaited.
Man, I was knocked off my seats after looking at the pictures. Perfect pictures of a Black mamba, aggressive and ready to pounce from the grass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_Automobile View Post
Is it possible to get damping done under the bonnet. Is it an easy fitment from outside.
Dynamat sells such products which can be fitted on the bonnet. Have a look at the link below. Whether some one sources these in India, I am not sure.

Hoodliner
dot is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2011, 14:51   #89
BHPian
 
mikon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Pune
Posts: 437
Thanked: 371 Times
Default re: My Black Mamba -VW Vento TDi- EDIT : 1st Service Report

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post

No, Noop isnt in the same organization, LOL. He works nearby.
You have my contact details. If not, you know how to get em .
Yes i Know. I'll call you and come over. and we'll have a tapri meet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dot View Post
Man, I was knocked off my seats after looking at the pictures. Perfect pictures of a Black mamba, aggressive and ready to pounce from the grass.



Dynamat sells such products which can be fitted on the bonnet. Have a look at the link below. Whether some one sources these in India, I am not sure.

Hoodliner
Dot Sir, Thank you
Still in a learning phase
mikon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2011, 15:04   #90
BHPian
 
flyingkolors's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 212
Thanked: 57 Times
Default re: My Black Mamba -VW Vento TDi- EDIT : 1st Service Report

Quote:
Originally Posted by dot View Post

Dynamat sells such products which can be fitted on the bonnet. Have a look at the link below. Whether some one sources these in India, I am not sure.

Hoodliner
I believe there is an Indian dealer for the same. Please check the contact details I found over their website.

India:
Preeti Trading Corp
email:kamaldhingreja@hotmail.com / vd@preetiglobal.com
phone:+91 22 26108820
contact: Kamal Dhingreja / Vijay Dhingreja
website:Preeti Trading Corporation
flyingkolors is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My Terra Beige VW Vento TDi - 38,000 kms update coolboy007 Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 76 25th November 2017 22:38
My Blueberry! VW Vento TDi Highline. EDIT: 75,000 km update on page 12 Rachit.K.Dogra Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 181 2nd March 2017 18:10
My Black Knight - Vento TDI Black. The saga after 1500 kms ambivalent_98 Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 46 8th November 2012 15:29
Tales Of Bagheera - My Black Panther aka VW Vento TDI Highline - First Service Update samarjitdhar Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 87 29th August 2012 18:57


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 20:27.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks