Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 23rd March 2015, 20:27   #61
BHPian

Default Re: The "Charming" Daewoo Matiz

Quote:
Originally Posted by msaudf View Post

and I told her the cost of the car plus the parts and labor. She said its actually cheaper than the scooty and thanked me.
Congratulation, it's a really nice car. May I ask about the amount and the break-up? BTW, the Spark is the Matiz with a new engine and a new name.
fighterace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2015, 23:09   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fighterace View Post
Congratulation, it's a really nice car. May I ask about the amount and the break-up? BTW, the Spark is the Matiz with a new engine and a new name.
Thanks @fighterace, I will pm you the details you asked for. Yes the spark is indeed the Matiz with a the 1ltr engine, but I hear there are not much common parts. I'm yet to experience that for myself, so I'm keeping my eyes wide open on that front.

Hi everyone,
Can someone clarify if the Matiz and the spark share the same ignition coil. I feel like the car needs a new ignition coil. The symptoms that lead to my assumption is the car hesitates a lot when the throttle is fully open. As a precautionary measure I replaced the spark plugs the HT leads, the fuel filter and pulled out the injectors and got them cleaned too. I then took the Matiz to a neighborhood mechanic and had him adjust the timing. I tried to reproduce the hesitation while test driving the car but it didn't seem to do so, I thought the tune up sorted the issue and drove back home. On the way to our house is an empty stretch of road where I can floor the car through three gears and I noticed it hesitated in second and third, it was only by then I also noticed that the hesitation occurred only when the engine was warmed up to operating temp. I drove back to the mech and got him to test drive the car and it showed hesitations there too, he said he thinks said the coil is on it way out, and to test it he needs to fit a working coil from another running car (like that's going to happen). What do I do? search for a Matiz coil or buy the Spark's coil off the shelf?
msaudf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2015, 13:07   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msaudf View Post
Thanks @fighterace, I will pm you the details you asked for. Yes the spark is indeed the Matiz with a the 1ltr engine, but I hear there are not much common parts. I'm yet to experience that for myself, so I'm keeping my eyes wide open on that front.

Hi everyone,
Can someone clarify if the Matiz and the spark share the same ignition coil. I feel like the car needs a new ignition coil. The symptoms that lead to my assumption is the car hesitates a lot when the throttle is fully open. As a precautionary measure I replaced the spark plugs the HT leads, the fuel filter and pulled out the injectors and got them cleaned too. I then took the Matiz to a neighborhood mechanic and had him adjust the timing. I tried to reproduce the hesitation while test driving the car but it didn't seem to do so, I thought the tune up sorted the issue and drove back home. On the way to our house is an empty stretch of road where I can floor the car through three gears and I noticed it hesitated in second and third, it was only by then I also noticed that the hesitation occurred only when the engine was warmed up to operating temp. I drove back to the mech and got him to test drive the car and it showed hesitations there too, he said he thinks said the coil is on it way out, and to test it he needs to fit a working coil from another running car (like that's going to happen). What do I do? search for a Matiz coil or buy the Spark's coil off the shelf?
Try scanning it and see if there are any errors, you can use the paper clip method to determine the codes. Was the hesitation jerky or the feel of input with no output...

Last edited by Knowall : 26th March 2015 at 13:12.
Knowall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2015, 15:37   #64
BHPian

Smile Re: The "Charming" Daewoo Matiz

Hello,

You might have to change the distributor which is a common issue. There are 2 models which came originally. Mando and Delco. My mechanic who had worked in Daewoo recommended for Delco but its not available. You can get imported ones / local make in some shops. I got one from used market and its good now. I have got hands on a 2002 SD model from 2009 till i sold it few months back.

The "Charming" Daewoo Matiz-20151006_190611.jpg

It has excellent handling for its size and weighs right. A car which has entered more early for Indian Market. It used to give me around 23(90+ speed) in highways and 17 inside city.

The major downside is original part availability. The local spares dont last. I managed to use compressor of Spark for AC, rest of the engine parts are not swappable. Now you get the newer version with 1L engine, Spark but not sure if it can deliver similar mileage figure..

Last edited by sreerama : 31st December 2015 at 15:44. Reason: Adding image
sreerama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2016, 13:37   #65
BHPian

Smile Re: The "Charming" Daewoo Matiz

Hillram sir - please tell me how the car is holding up now. I'm planning on getting one in Bangalore and i have a limited budget of 50k. Also, please post the mileage figures you're getting from it and maintenance cost. Thank you.
kaushik51094 is offline   Reply With Quote