Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche

Old 28th May 2011, 10:53   #46
BHPian

Default Re: Pre-Owned Toyota Camry, New Shape - Help me buy one.

Yea Its definitely worth it on premium cars. But unfortunately you can only take the zero depreciation cover on cars less than three years old so i dont think he'll be able to take it here. What is the IDV you are taking Styler? As others have suggested, check with your local A.S.S and see which insurance provider has a cashless tie up with them. Should be your best bet
radiokidb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2011, 13:55   #47
Senior - BHPian

Default tem-bhp stickers...report your sightings of non stickered cars!

gotcha!
I saw the car and thought the number looked familiar!
golden fiesta behind you, before the tollbooth....hope you had fun ripping up the expressway.couldnt get past you!!

is this a first or what?
next expense for you : tbhp store?

PS:if we'd met, you could have taken one from me...they are right there in the car!!
cheerios!
Attached Thumbnails
Pre-Owned Toyota Camry, New Shape - Help me buy one.-temp.jpg  

mayankk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2011, 16:21   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
gotcha!
I saw the car and thought the number looked familiar!
golden fiesta behind you, before the tollbooth....hope you had fun ripping up the expressway.couldnt get past you!!

is this a first or what?
next expense for you : tbhp store?

PS:if we'd met, you could have taken one from me...they are right there in the car!!
cheerios!
Mayank, That was my car alright. I took the kids for a ride on the expressway this morning. Its a small world.
Tbhp store for insurance ? I didnt get it.
I could have taken what from you ????

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
@Styler- your new car looks divine! There is something about the Camry that is so alluring. How did you get your RC smart card so quickly- here it takes a couple of months to arrive!
Noopster - I found a good agent. He charged me 2000 and I got the RC in my name in 4 days. Actually it takes longer if there has been any loan on the car. In our case there was no loan taken by the seller or by me.

I stay in Vasant Kunj, and the most convenient place to go for service will still be MGF Gurgaon. Galaxy Workshops are in Okhla and Moti Nagar, way too far compared to going to MGF, taking the expressway.

The Car has been bought from and serviced at MGF Toyota in Gurgaon till now. I spoke to them, and also to Galaxy Toyota about insurance.
They all preffer Iffco-Tokio, but the premium for that is too high 36,500.
I am looking at Bharti-Axa (also quoted by the insurance guy at MGF Toyota) at 26,127, or TATA-AIG at 26,696.
Reliance the previous insurer quoted the min at around 23,500/=
ICICI Lombard was way too high at 39,000/=
Considering the previous owner paid 19000/= for an IDV of 14.8 lacs all these still look too high. The previous owner had a No Claim Bonus, and all the premiums I mention are for a fresh Insurance with IDV between 11.5 -13.5 lacs.

Styler

Last edited by Styler : 29th May 2011 at 16:23.
Styler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2011, 17:04   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styler View Post
Mayank, That was my car alright. I took the kids for a ride on the expressway this morning. Its a small world.
Tbhp store for insurance ? I didnt get it.
I could have taken what from you ????

Styler

For tbhp stickers...
mayankk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2011, 14:39   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
2007 / 08 @ 10 Lac + seems to be expensive - in Delhi you should be able to find much cheaper as these does not have very good resale value , few days back Avis was selling these - but old models - you should be prepared to shell good money on fuel , but these cares best suited for back seat , you won't get any JOY by driving these & these will depreciate quickly in future
The Camry is a great highway cruiser. Rides like a Buick, and I mean that as a compliment. Like GTO remarked once, a magic carpet ride.

Tanking up might give you heart palpitations because it's got a humongous 70 litre petrol tank - at current petrol prices that'll be around Rs.4,000 for a full tank.

Still, for the size and bulk - almost the same length and width as an Innova - these cars are remarkably fuel efficient too. Between 600 - 800 km range on one tank.

Quiet engine, very reliable, nice build quality, good features. Get the A/T version, and it'll both be great to be driven around in - superlative back seat comfort with a nice high seating position - and easy to drive around yourself when you need to.
Pacifica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2011, 15:38   #51
BHPian

Default Toyota Camry - Issues and Solutions

Hi,

I recently bought a 2007 Dec New Shape Camry Automatic and have been driving it around for a month.

The Car is remarkable and I am pretty happy with my purchase.

I had a couple of questions about the Camry, and so I have started this thread.

1. The Climate Control buttons on the Stearing do not work. All other controls including the Audio Controls and Disp work perfectly. Any idea what could be wrong ?

2. Plasmacluster Ionizer- The manual says that the Air-conditioning system will automatically switch from Clean Mode to ION mode. Does this happen automatically ? I have always seen clean indicator on the AC Display. Is it possible that the IONiser is turned off...Is there some setting for it ?

3. When I bought the car a month ago there was a New Car Smell ( Or some kind of Fresh Smell ) in the cabin. It seems to have faded away with time. Is there some kind of Air Freshner system in the AC ? I did not see any Car perfumes installed anywhere. If there is a Air Freshner System in the AC, how does one manage it ?

Styler
Old 27th June 2015, 22:12   #52
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

I'm considering a previous gen (pre 2012) Camry to replace my Civic. I drove a 2011 version today with less than 40,000 kms on the ODO and was amazed by how much more I enjoyed this car compared to a similar Accord. Any reason why I shouldn't purchase it? How is the ongoing maintenance cost of this car, given that it was only available at the time as a CBU. Are they unreasonably pricey? I'm also banking on the fact that being an imported Toyota it will be fairly bullet proof and parts won't unreasonably fail me.

I'm quite keen and would keep this car for 3 - 4 years should I proceed with the deal.

Any inputs would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Axe77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2015, 14:39   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
Hi,

I'm considering a previous gen (pre 2012) Camry to replace my Civic. I drove a 2011 version today with less than 40,000 kms on the ODO and was amazed by how much more I enjoyed this car compared to a similar Accord. Any reason why I shouldn't purchase it? How is the ongoing maintenance cost of this car, given that it was only available at the time as a CBU. Are they unreasonably pricey? I'm also banking on the fact that being an imported Toyota it will be fairly bullet proof and parts won't unreasonably fail me.

I'm quite keen and would keep this car for 3 - 4 years should I proceed with the deal.

Any inputs would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
You cannot go wrong with a Camry. The model that you have seen was once described by none other than Dilip Chhabria as a 'production car that looks like a concept car'

In the US of A the Camry is your regular family car. It carries the same Toyota genes present in the Innova and should be equally reliable

Watch out for expensive spares and low high fuel consumption. The Camry was made for markets where petrol is more affordable than our market. If you can find a competent private garage that can work on your car with parts ordered over the internet, nothing like it

Having said all, drive down a hard bargain, you should be able to get this one for a song
TheARUN is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2015, 15:12   #54
BHPian

I still have my Camry which I bought in 2011.
Spent all of 20K in maintenance in the last 4 years.
Styler is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2016, 13:37   #55

Default Re: Toyota Camry - Issues and Solutions

Quote:
1. The Climate Control buttons on the Stearing do not work. All other controls including the Audio Controls and Disp work perfectly. Any idea what could be wrong ?
As other buttons are working a new set of controls should help. They can be bought from Aliexpress. I got an entire set with buttons for bluetooth and calls for $35 3 months ago. I still need to get it installed.
digitalSpeed is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2016, 16:54   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalSpeed View Post
As other buttons are working a new set of controls should help. They can be bought from Aliexpress. I got an entire set with buttons for bluetooth and calls for $35 3 months ago. I still need to get it installed.
Hi Does Your Camry Stereo have bluetooth and Calling buttons on Steering ?
My 2007 W4 Automatic does not have bluetooth or Calling buttons.
I could not find a button set without bluetooth can calling buttons.
Old 25th November 2016, 10:10   #57

Quote:
Hi Does Your Camry Stereo have bluetooth and Calling buttons on Steering ?
My 2007 W4 Automatic does not have bluetooth or Calling buttons.
I could not find a button set without bluetooth can calling buttons.
My Camry came with a standard set of buttons i.e. climate control and audio control. I was looking to upgrade my system to an android one and hence brought a entire new set of control modules for $35 from aliexpress. they include Bluetooth and phone control. I am still to replace the HU though.
digitalSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote