Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche

Old 23rd August 2011, 01:50   #1
Default Help Needed to choose a sporty used Car in Dubai!

I wanted to get a cool (affordable) used coupe car. (Dubai scenario)

Here are some of my favorites -
2009 Hyundai Coupe (Triburon) - 33,000KMs
2006 Dodge Charger 3.5L - 90,000KMs (not coupe)
2007 Ford Mustang V6 - 50000KMs

I am aware that all of these are not "reliable" cars but I am in it for the thrill. Might as well while I can.
I also know that they have their own share of problems, but I am not sure what exactly. Can anyone help shed some light on what are the common problems for the above cars? That way I would know what to expect and could also help make my decision.

Thanks guys.
jocreative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2011, 02:33   #2
Senior - BHPian
Default Re: Help Needed to choose a Used Car - Sports Style :)

Is Hyundai Tiburon a V6 or 4-cylinder? V6 version is a hoot to drive. i think it has 2.7litre. It has immense mod potential too in case you decide to go that way. Compared to other two, its reliable, fuel efficient and fun to drive. Put in a after market suspension mods and its a great track car.

Charger, Mustang has 3 major negatives imho. Fuel economy, interior and reliability. If you are looking for thrills to satisfy your speeds, charger is good option in straight line, but don't expect good handling. Also those are some high mileage cars. In USA, there is a general perception among Americans, the cars you listed are to be sold after 70k miles as that's when they give lots of problems. It could be the same there. So do check their history.

Mustang transmission has reliability problems so do look at it. I won't be able to tell you about prices, but out of these 3, tiburon will demand more money for two reasons, low miles and a its a hyundai.
chevelle is offline   Reply With Quote