Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 6th October 2011, 12:41   #31
Team-BHP Support
 
Akshay1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 9,759
Thanked: 6,668 Times
Default Re: Benz C250 CDI vs C200 CGI ? Which is cheaper to own?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabySchumi View Post
Akshay1234,
Can you share the reasons for choosing 320d ? I know for a driver's car, one should not be looking much beyond the 3er in this price range. The rear bench comfort & RFTs are on my mind.
Well for one the driving position of the Bimmer sold me on it. It just felt so much more involving right from the time I sat inside the car, felt a bit like a go kart. The C250cdi though fast, probably a bit quicker than the 3 in the straight line just didn't click for me or my father. It certainly does have great features like the panoramic roof and park assist, but the iDrive of the 3 in way better than command on the C.

Yesterday 3 people commented that the back seat is not as bad as they had imagined space wise, that too without me asking them anything.

More on my ownership report, expect that on saturday.

Sorry for the OT, but yes the C250cdi is a brilliant car and it all comes down to personal choice.
Akshay1234 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2011, 11:33   #32
Newbie
 
BabySchumi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Chennai
Posts: 11
Thanked: Once
Default Re: Benz C250 CDI vs C200 CGI ? Which is cheaper to own?

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Well for one the driving position of the Bimmer sold me on it. It just felt so much more involving right from the time I sat inside the car, felt a bit like a go kart. The C250cdi though fast, probably a bit quicker than the 3 in the straight line just didn't click for me or my father. It certainly does have great features like the panoramic roof and park assist, but the iDrive of the 3 in way better than command on the C.

Yesterday 3 people commented that the back seat is not as bad as they had imagined space wise, that too without me asking them anything.

More on my ownership report, expect that on saturday.

Sorry for the OT, but yes the C250cdi is a brilliant car and it all comes down to personal choice.
Thanks for your comments. I am eagerly awaiting your ownership report. I'd like to see a head-to-head comparison of the BMW 320d Corporate Edition Vs Merc C220 CDI Executive Edition Vs Audi A4 Corporate Edition for all prospective buyers. Should be a great/hot thread too. Not sure if it has been already done.
BabySchumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2011, 13:46   #33
Team-BHP Support
 
Akshay1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 9,759
Thanked: 6,668 Times
Default Re: Benz C250 CDI vs C200 CGI ? Which is cheaper to own?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabySchumi View Post
Thanks for your comments. I am eagerly awaiting your ownership report. I'd like to see a head-to-head comparison of the BMW 320d Corporate Edition Vs Merc C220 CDI Executive Edition Vs Audi A4 Corporate Edition for all prospective buyers. Should be a great/hot thread too. Not sure if it has been already done.
Are you thinking about buying one? Well I'll start a thread tomorrow or day after, as soon as I get some nice pictures of the car. But I'll be able to give a better comparing between the 320d Exclusive (called Highline earlier) and the C250cdi Avantgarde. The A4 was never in contention for me since the diesel engine was only 140bhp.
Akshay1234 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2011, 14:42   #34
Senior - BHPian
 
PlatzdaTurbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,304
Thanked: 314 Times
Default Re: Benz C250 CDI vs C200 CGI ? Which is cheaper to own?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabySchumi View Post
Thanks for your comments. I am eagerly awaiting your ownership report. I'd like to see a head-to-head comparison of the BMW 320d Corporate Edition Vs Merc C220 CDI Executive Edition Vs Audi A4 Corporate Edition for all prospective buyers. Should be a great/hot thread too. Not sure if it has been already done.
The A4 you are referring to, though stripped on features compared to the normal models, isnt exactly a corporate edition. I mean, it still has some goodies like xenons etc. hence the pricing would not be as low as the 320d CE and C exec saloon. This would be probably 2 to 3 lakhs above them both.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Are you thinking about buying one? Well I'll start a thread tomorrow or day after, as soon as I get some nice pictures of the car. But I'll be able to give a better comparing between the 320d Exclusive (called Highline earlier) and the C250cdi Avantgarde. The A4 was never in contention for me since the diesel engine was only 140bhp.
Are you sure ? Last i heard, the A4 was being upgraded to 170bhp in the 2.0 TDI guise post the launch of the Q5 2.0 TDI. Might have happened by now.

Also read an earlier post of yours about straight line pace of the c 250 cdi and 320d. The 250 CDI in a straight line is surely substantially faster than the 3, not just a bit but it would be completely murdered on even the slightest of turns or chicanes by the 3.
PlatzdaTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2011, 16:11   #35
Newbie
 
BabySchumi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Chennai
Posts: 11
Thanked: Once
Default Re: Benz C250 CDI vs C200 CGI ? Which is cheaper to own?

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Are you thinking about buying one?
Yes, I'm seriously considering a car in this segment after starting with a segment below (Laura/Jetta). Worried (thinking a zillion times!?) about the post warranty maintenance though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatzdaTurbo View Post
The A4 you are referring to, though stripped on features compared to the normal models, isnt exactly a corporate edition. I mean, it still has some goodies like xenons etc. hence the pricing would not be as low as the 320d CE and C exec saloon. This would be probably 2 to 3 lakhs above them both.



Are you sure ? Last i heard, the A4 was being upgraded to 170bhp in the 2.0 TDI guise post the launch of the Q5 2.0 TDI. Might have happened by now.

Also read an earlier post of yours about straight line pace of the c 250 cdi and 320d. The 250 CDI in a straight line is surely substantially faster than the 3, not just a bit but it would be completely murdered on even the slightest of turns or chicanes by the 3.
I had been to Audi showroom yesterday. I understand that they have recently launched (Sept. 2011) A4 Corporate Edition on the 2.0 TDI model without the following features compared to A4 2.0 TDI (fully loaded model) -
1. Sunroof
2. Memory Seats
3. Reverse Parking Display on MMI
4. Leatherette in place of leather (Not sure though!)

I could not take a TD because of Dussehra. Scheduled one for coming Monday. I was quoted a OR price of 29.7 Lakhs in Chennai (with NO discounts as mentioned by the sales guy!). Looks to me like a stock clearing exercise.

And A4 2.0 TDI still has 105kW-4200 (140hp) engine (as specified in the brochure).
BabySchumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2011, 16:56   #36
Team-BHP Support
 
Akshay1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 9,759
Thanked: 6,668 Times
Default Re: Benz C250 CDI vs C200 CGI ? Which is cheaper to own?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatzdaTurbo View Post


Are you sure ? Last i heard, the A4 was being upgraded to 170bhp in the 2.0 TDI guise post the launch of the Q5 2.0 TDI. Might have happened by now.

Also read an earlier post of yours about straight line pace of the c 250 cdi and 320d. The 250 CDI in a straight line is surely substantially faster than the 3, not just a bit but it would be completely murdered on even the slightest of turns or chicanes by the 3.
Well I did get a call from the Audi showroom even though I was not really considering it, and they said nothing has been upgraded and they have no info on when it would be upgraded. Also I don't think they offer the diesel with a DSG/S-tronic on the A4, but a CVT/Multitronic.

The C250cdi is not substantially faster, but by hardly anything. 1) because is has a 5 speed gearbox and 2) it weighs about 250kg more. After back to back test drives within 20 mins of each other the 3 just blew me away and I found it much more exciting to drive. Again I'm not saying the above just because I own one now. I agree the Merc offers a better overall package now.
Akshay1234 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2011, 17:06   #37
Senior - BHPian
 
PlatzdaTurbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,304
Thanked: 314 Times
Default Re: Benz C250 CDI vs C200 CGI ? Which is cheaper to own?

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Well I did get a call from the Audi showroom even though I was not really considering it, and they said nothing has been upgraded and they have no info on when it would be upgraded. Also I don't think they offer the diesel with a DSG/S-tronic on the A4, but a CVT/Multitronic.

The C250cdi is not substantially faster, but by hardly anything. 1) because is has a 5 speed gearbox and 2) it weighs about 250kg more. After back to back test drives within 20 mins of each other the 3 just blew me away and I found it much more exciting to drive. Again I'm not saying the above just because I own one now. I agree the Merc offers a better overall package now.

I drove a C250 cdi a week after driving a prec facelift and pre-tweak 3 series and i felt the C250 CDI to be a lot faster back then. Has there been any power/ torque increase in the past 8 to 10 months on the 3 ?

& chill dude i didnt even know u had a 3 so its ok !
PlatzdaTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2011, 17:10   #38
Team-BHP Support
 
Akshay1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 9,759
Thanked: 6,668 Times
Default Re: Benz C250 CDI vs C200 CGI ? Which is cheaper to own?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatzdaTurbo View Post
I drove a C250 cdi a week after driving a prec facelift and pre-tweak 3 series and i felt the C250 CDI to be a lot faster back then. Has there been any power/ torque increase in the past 8 to 10 months on the 3 ?

& chill dude i didnt even know u had a 3 so its ok !
By pre facelift do you mean the one before the version flyingspur has? Or the tweak after his version? If before then at that time the power was 155 odd bhp, and the version which FS has is 177bhp and 350nm and the latest version is 185bhp and 380nm.

Just got it 2 days ago btw first time I'm seeing you compliment a Mercedes
Akshay1234 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2011, 17:47   #39
Senior - BHPian
 
PlatzdaTurbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,304
Thanked: 314 Times
Default Re: Benz C250 CDI vs C200 CGI ? Which is cheaper to own?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabySchumi View Post
Worried (thinking a zillion times!?) about the post warranty maintenance though!
Dont worry. Audi & BMW have it covered. BMW has great A.S.S packages.
While both have 'Secure', BMW also has BSI. They make owning these cars NOT CHEAP but not over the top either, if thats any consolation. LOL !
Flyingspur,Sahil or akshay1234 would be the people to ask about the BMW A.S.S packages.

Mercedes, i do not think has anything like the other 2 offer. Standard warranty -3 years. Get it checked though i have no clue about Benz.





Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
By pre facelift do you mean the one before the version flyingspur has? Or the tweak after his version? If before then at that time the power was 155 odd bhp, and the version which FS has is 177bhp and 350nm and the latest version is 185bhp and 380nm.

Just got it 2 days ago btw first time I'm seeing you compliment a Mercedes
Might be the one before Flyingspur's car. The one i drove had NON LED rear lamps & & &
make no mistake pal, i STILL detest Mercedes
Just that 500NM would probably make even an esplanade go fast on a straight !
By the way, congrats on the buy ! What variant ( CE / Exec ) and what colour ?

Last edited by PlatzdaTurbo : 7th October 2011 at 17:52.
PlatzdaTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2011, 17:56   #40
Team-BHP Support
 
Akshay1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 9,759
Thanked: 6,668 Times
Default Re: Benz C250 CDI vs C200 CGI ? Which is cheaper to own?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatzdaTurbo View Post
Mercedes, i do not think has anything like the other 2 offer. Standard warranty -3 years. Get it checked though i have no clue about Benz.

Might be the one before Flyingspur's car. The one i drove had NON LED rear lamps & & &
make no mistake pal, i STILL detest Mercedes
Just that 500NM would probably make even an esplanade go fast on a straight !
By the way, congrats on the buy ! What variant ( CE / Exec ) and what colour ?
Even Mercedes offers a 3 year service package now.

Aah then the one you drove was the 155odd bhp one, thats why you found it slow. Time for a td of FS's car

Space Grey/ Saddle brown interiors, the Exclusive variant.

Now I think we should continue this on my thread which will be up in a day or 2.
Akshay1234 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2011, 16:58   #41
Senior - BHPian
 
androdev's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: bangalore
Posts: 1,587
Thanked: 1,725 Times
Default Re: Benz C250 CDI vs C200 CGI ? Which is cheaper to own?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabySchumi View Post
Yes, I'm seriously considering a car in this segment after starting with a segment below (Laura/Jetta). Worried (thinking a zillion times!?) about the post warranty maintenance though!



I had been to Audi showroom yesterday. I understand that they have recently launched (Sept. 2011) A4 Corporate Edition on the 2.0 TDI model without the following features compared to A4 2.0 TDI (fully loaded model) -
1. Sunroof
2. Memory Seats
3. Reverse Parking Display on MMI
4. Leatherette in place of leather (Not sure though!)

I could not take a TD because of Dussehra. Scheduled one for coming Monday. I was quoted a OR price of 29.7 Lakhs in Chennai (with NO discounts as mentioned by the sales guy!). Looks to me like a stock clearing exercise.

And A4 2.0 TDI still has 105kW-4200 (140hp) engine (as specified in the brochure).
Just to clarify on A4 business edition:
Memory seats are available only in A4s with WCI package. Event standard A4 doesn't have memory seats. Same goes with Parking display on MMI. Only WCI has it. Standard one just beeps, no graphics display. Business edition also comes with Leather - albeit somewhat lesser grade but definitely leather.

Here is what you would get extra in the standard spec A4 compared to business edition.
1. Sunroof (this is smaller sunroof compared to competition)
2. Passenger seats electrical stuff (Business edition only has lumbar-elecrical, rest manual for passenger seat)
3. Wood trim instead of brushed aluminum-ish trim
4. Rear seat side window sun-blinds
5. 6-CD changer (SD card support retained in business edition, huge relief)
6. Better leather?? Can't make out.
7. Cruise control
8. ORVMs foldable electrically
9. More choice with colors - business edition is white with beige (good thing is A4 looks good in white)

Over all A4 business edition is excellent value if you can overlook the 140BHP+CVT.

What I did not expect but business edition has (compared to competition):
1. Top-spec Xenons/LED.
2. Top-spec ICE (bluetooth, SD-card)
3. Driver electrical seats (even standard spec doesn't have memory)
4. Auto-hold

C class has the best feel in the showroom, top-grade materials and finish, didn't feel that good driving it. Panorama roof is awesome!
androdev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2011, 22:33   #42
Senior - BHPian
 
S350L-E240's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: India
Posts: 1,416
Thanked: 373 Times
Default Re: Benz C250 CDI vs C200 CGI ? Which is cheaper to own?

I suppose this Audi's business edition competes more with the BMW 320d Dynamic edition rather then the corporate edition?

One thing I absolutely love about the dynamic edition is the fact that it comes with a fake piano black trim which is a dream for me with black interiors,

And now before I take this topic completely away from its subject I have to say I'd not recommend the C250 CDI to anyone unless MB India put the 7G in it, the whole world has moved away from that 5 speed why do we still have it? Clearning old inventory?

Regards,
S350L-E240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2011, 08:51   #43
Newbie
 
BabySchumi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Chennai
Posts: 11
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev

. Business edition also comes with Leather - albeit somewhat lesser grade but definitely leather.

Over all A4 business edition is excellent value if you can overlook the 140BHP+CVT.

What I did not expect but business edition has (compared to competition):
1. Top-spec Xenons/LED.

C class has the best feel in the showroom, top-grade materials and finish, didn't feel that good driving it. Panorama roof is awesome!
+100 to that. Thanks androdev for your comments.

I have checked and found we need to make a few more compromises on the business edition
1. Art Leather instead of Milano leather
2. Passive speakers instead of active speakers. Don't know what it means though. I have not heard them.

One more thing I noticed with A4 is the sound/noise insulation inside the vehicle. While sitting inside the cabin, I could not hear the sales guy's conversation with my friends outside. I was told it is a feature in all Audi vehicles.

led/xenon headlights are definite attraction. 140bhp+cvt is good enough for me.

Could not agree with you more on feel of C Class in the showroom. It definitely gives one (me at least) the more bang for the buck. Somehow the snob value was not there in the same levels with a 320d or A4.
BabySchumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2011, 04:53   #44
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 8
Thanked: 0 Times
Default Re: Benz C250 CDI vs C200 CGI ? Which is cheaper to own?

Hi everyone, quick question to the Mercedes experts if I could..

Dad's recently got the facelift C250 CDI, and I was wondering what the Becker Map PILOT costs for it in India. I checked with the Bangalore dealership and they're pathetic as always - clueless, and haven't got back to me yet.

I was wondering, does the car come pre-installed with the dock in the glovebox, and all the pre-wiring making it a plug-and-play device? If yes, could I get it from outside? I'm sure its much more reasonably priced. Also, would you think the maps can be downloaded online from NAVTEQ's website (apparently they provide the map data)?

Thanks a lot for your help, really appreciate it. I wish the after-sales people at the dealership were as responsive as the sales department..
varunmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2012, 12:00   #45
BHPian
 
madnish30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Delhi
Posts: 318
Thanked: 103 Times
Default Re: Benz C250 CDI vs C200 CGI ? Which is cheaper to own?

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunmad View Post
Hi everyone, quick question to the Mercedes experts if I could..

Dad's recently got the facelift C250 CDI, and I was wondering what the Becker Map PILOT costs for it in India. I checked with the Bangalore dealership and they're pathetic as always - clueless, and haven't got back to me yet.

I was wondering, does the car come pre-installed with the dock in the glovebox, and all the pre-wiring making it a plug-and-play device? If yes, could I get it from outside? I'm sure its much more reasonably priced. Also, would you think the maps can be downloaded online from NAVTEQ's website (apparently they provide the map data)?

Thanks a lot for your help, really appreciate it. I wish the after-sales peoplke at the dealership were as responsive as the sales department..

Does the C class not have navigation by default? Amar, can you clarify this doubt of mine ?
madnish30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mercedes C-Class AMG Edition (C250 CDI). EDIT: Now "Edition C" for the C220 CDI parrys The Indian Car Scene 48 15th November 2013 17:29
The Dark Knight : Mercedes-Benz C250 CDI madnish30 Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 62 15th October 2013 19:51
Report: Mercedes Benz launches the C200 with CGI technology in Mumbai Dippy The Indian Car Scene 16 14th July 2010 14:20
Spied – 2010 Mercedes Benz C250 CGI on Indian soil. EDIT : Maybe not after all Sudan_NFS The Indian Car Scene 10 14th May 2010 20:47


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 02:38.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks