Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche

Old 16th January 2012, 22:10   #16
BHPian

Default Re: Premium SUV between 75 lakhs - 1.5 Crore

I worked for audi and i remember when i would take the q7 for a test drive it drove great handled good and comfort was great too until the customers sit in the car and i had to go to the 3rd row. The q7 is good but if your putting adults in the 3rd row that wouldnt be the choice for you. You have a budget up to 1.3 so i would look into a range rover vogue as well. The GL isnt bad neither room and space wise but its not fun to drive at all.
i<3turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2012, 13:16   #17
BHPian

Isn't the Range Rover Evoque an option?
iceman7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2012, 13:26   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman7 View Post
Isn't the Range Rover Evoque an option?
7 on board? No!

It just looks biiiggg its not. Its a 5 seater.
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2012, 14:10   #19
BHPian

Default Re: SUV between 75 Lakhs and 1.5 Crs

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

Is the 3rd row of seats a must-have, because you are letting go of a lot of amazing 5-seater rides. Personally, I'd be checking out a Range Rover Sport or Porsche Cayenne. Reliability aside, these two SUVs blow everything else out of the water in feel & finesse.
I would like to second the above mentioned advise. If you think you can live without the 2 extra child seats in the 3rd row, there is nothing that would bring the joy as much as the current Cayenne will. You must take a look at the car once and test drive before taking a call. More so because everything else is in its phasing out life cycle while the 2nd Gen Cayenne has just come.

With the 3rd row being a necessity, GL seems to take the cake in our country, only out of the choice available in the segment or the lack of it.
doctorque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2012, 15:19   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: SUV between 75 Lakhs and 1.5 Crs

Check out the GL Grand Edition.
Attached Images

jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2012, 15:46   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobC View Post
Help. Advice. Information.

• Audi Q7
  • Land Rover Discovery 4
  • Mercedes GL 350
  • Toyota Land Cruiser LC 200

Alright everyone, I hope this information is good for a start. I have a couple of months to take this decision and hope that Team-BHP helps me make my mind up.
If seating capacity of 5 plus, you simply can't go wrong with the Landcruiser. It has ruled all terrains of the world and the preferred choice of the United Nations. It is also backed with bullet proof reliability you simply can't go wrong with.

If seating wasn't a concern, the Range Rover Vogue would be no brainer. Its a limousine that can take the worst roads, a very capable off roader. Its supremely comfortable and comes loaded with all the bells and whistles. This certainly is the most desirable SUV on sale.
Leistung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2012, 03:48   #22
BHPian

It has to be either the range rover vogue or the LC200. the cayenne, if you like sporty suv but again i doubt it would be as comfy, spacious and also with go anywhere ability as the former two. so stick to either of those two as they are undoubtedly the two best SUVs in the world. and they are both in your budget.
magikrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2014, 11:47   #23
PPS
Senior - BHPian

The OP hasn't updated whether he bought any premium SUV or not, maybe the below shootout between Range Rover Sport Supercharged & the GL 63 AMG could be of help. Both cars costing well over 2cr on-road!

http://www.motorbeam.com/cars/range-...arison-review/

Premium SUV between 75 lakhs - 1.5 Crore-mercedesglclassvsrangeroversport.jpg
PPS is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2014, 08:37   #24

I'd say the new GL350 is far superior to the LC200, they're both approximately the same price as far as I know but the LC just doesn't feel special for the price you're paying, i.e. interior quality and features aren't that great. The Merc on the other hand has a pretty long feature list, better interiors and a cheaper price at around 85l-90l ex-showroom.
NolanDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2015, 13:06   #25
BHPian

Default 2015 BMW X5 (F15) Vs. Merc GL Vs. Audi Q7

So I'm in the market for a big SUV for my father. The requirements are simple;
  • It is mainly going to be used by my dad on long distance drives out of the city (sometimes on relatively bad terrain as our work deals with land and real estate)
  • It will almost always be chauffeur driven, so comfort (especially backseat) is paramount.
Now, I'm not considering any of the Range Rovers because I don't have the budget for it, and there is already a Cayenne in the family that my father finds uncomfortable.

The X5 I understand is smaller than the other two in the comparison, but personally I love the new X5, having spotted a few in my neighborhood.

The Q7 is ageing, but its my father's favourite as far as looks are concerned.

And the GL, well it seems like the most practical choice being the best of both, its relatively new, with technology on par with the X5, and the size and comfort of the Q7.

So help?
Saarth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2015, 13:16   #26
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: 2015 BMW X5 (F15) Vs. Merc GL Vs. Audi Q7

The new Audi Q7 launch is expected to be mid 2015. Maybe you could wait to see what Audi would bring to the table? If the need is immediate, I would go for the Merc GL. The outgoing Q7 must have a lot of juicy offers since it is a model that will soon be discontinued.

I wonder why your dad finds the Cayenne backseat uncomfortable? Quite keen to know.
Fullrevs is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2015, 15:21   #27
Senior - BHPian

Since you are looking for chauffeur driven + comfort, Mercedes GL is the best choice. I am sure BMW X5 will not be as comfortable as GL.
New Audi Q7 was scooped some time back http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ing-india.html (SCOOP: All-new Audi Q7 spotted testing in India)

What is your budget by the way?
recshenoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2015, 16:34   #28
Team-BHP Support

Forget the X5.

The Q7 will be replaced in a couple of months, and also it feels dated now. The ride is decent, and the interior space is fine.

The one to go for here is the GL, nothing like it when it comes to space and ride. It fits your requirements to the T.
Akshay1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2015, 18:54   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saarth View Post
So I'm in the market for a big SUV for my father. The requirements are simple;
  • It is mainly going to be used by my dad on long distance drives out of the city (sometimes on relatively bad terrain as our work deals with land and real estate)
  • It will almost always be chauffeur driven, so comfort (especially backseat) is paramount.
Now, I'm not considering any of the Range Rovers because I don't have the budget for it, and there is already a Cayenne in the family that my father finds uncomfortable.

The X5 I understand is smaller than the other two in the comparison, but personally I love the new X5, having spotted a few in my neighborhood.

The Q7 is ageing, but its my father's favourite as far as looks are concerned.

And the GL, well it seems like the most practical choice being the best of both, its relatively new, with technology on par with the X5, and the size and comfort of the Q7.

So help?
Do you need a 7 seater SUV? If so, you could wait a few months for the Volvo XC90, it looks amazing. I would choose that any day over the new Q7.
kartavya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2015, 17:54   #30
BHPian

Guys! I am in the same dilemma.

I recently test drove the Audi Q7 & Mercedes GL350 cdi.
The audi has a great engine & more importantly has a much faster shifting gearbox, but it falls behind the ML in every other way.

The interiors look & feel dated & the plastics also felt like they were better on the Mercedes. And the Merc is about a size bigger than the Q7 in interiors size.

However, the Merc has a very slow gear box & is HUGE to drive in city and is about 16+ lacs more expensive than the Q7 (base model 3.0 Tdi).

Its gonna be a self driven vehicle on poor roads & highways.

What do you suggest?

Also, there is another point ( It would be great if some one from Delhi NCR can help me out here).

The on road cost difference between NOIDA & Delhi Registration is about 3.5+ lacs on the GL & about 3 Lacs on the Q7.

Should I save the 3.5 lacs & go in for Noida registration(UP 16) or for Delhi number?

As I can go in for both numbers but am worried about the resale in about 4-5 years time for such an expensive vehicle.

Please do comment!

Thanks
car_crazy1400 is online now   Reply With Quote