Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 2nd February 2012, 12:47   #46
BHPian
 
ghostrider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bombay
Posts: 678
Thanked: 305 Times
Default Re: Would an Audi RS5 be considered a super car?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike89 View Post
If you are willing to spend 90lcs , why not think about importing a Nissan GTR. It would smoke any of the three cars we are discussing here. Its a sports car performance and it costs about the same. Give it a thought. Its the best value of money sports car out there. I inquired about the price last year, it came out to approx 90 lacs.
Since you've already booked the RS5, congratulations. But... I completely agree with Mike69 about the GTR.
If there's one car that blurs the lines between Sports cars and Supercars it's GOT to be the GTR. It's got the kind of performance that would seriously embarrass it's more exotic Italian rivals. In fact, the traction control of a GTR gets the car faster of the line for the first 60 feet than a 458 Italia.

Interestingly when people ask for car advice the one thing I tell them is to DRIVE the cars they're considering and pick which one they like the best. Paper stats (especially from low-end manufacturers) aren't worth the paper they're printed on.
If the RS5 floats your boat and puts a smile on your face, then the value of the satisfaction you get is immeasurable.

Many congratulations on your new wheels. Please put up pics when you can.
ghostrider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2012, 23:41   #47
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 141
Thanked: 70 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
Since you've already booked the RS5, congratulations. But... I completely agree with Mike69 about the GTR.
If there's one car that blurs the lines between Sports cars and Supercars it's GOT to be the GTR. It's got the kind of performance that would seriously embarrass it's more exotic Italian rivals. In fact, the traction control of a GTR gets the car faster of the line for the first 60 feet than a 458 Italia.

Interestingly when people ask for car advice the one thing I tell them is to DRIVE the cars they're considering and pick which one they like the best. Paper stats (especially from low-end manufacturers) aren't worth the paper they're printed on.
If the RS5 floats your boat and puts a smile on your face, then the value of the satisfaction you get is immeasurable.

Many congratulations on your new wheels. Please put up pics when you can.
I kid you not when I say this but the car put the widest smile on my face since the first time I ever drove a car.
It's coming on Friday. Will post pics.

Guys is break-in of the engine really required? I mean how do I control the urge in an RS5 for The first 2k kilometres.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Please use the "edit" button if posting within 30 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post.

Also use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts.

Last edited by noopster : 3rd February 2012 at 11:15.
Zkalra is offline  
Old 3rd February 2012, 02:04   #48
Team-BHP Support
 
Akshay1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 9,759
Thanked: 6,668 Times
Default Re: Audi RS5 - What are your thoughts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zkalra View Post
Guys is break-in of the engine really required? I mean how do I control the urge in an RS5 for The first 2k kilometres.
Hey you can revv it till about 75% of the engine speed, just no full throttle and hard breaking for the first 1500 kms is what I follow. Don't think it will really be an issue running it in. You will get to enjoy it quite a bit still.
Akshay1234 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2012, 07:38   #49
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 141
Thanked: 70 Times
Default Re: Audi RS5 - What are your thoughts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Hey you can revv it till about 75% of the engine speed, just no full throttle and hard breaking for the first 1500 kms is what I follow. Don't think it will really be an issue running it in. You will get to enjoy it quite a bit still.
Can you imagine having a beast like this and having to wait to be able to push it. I don't think that I can. I'm just gonna put it into Dynamic mode and zip it straight away (though will avoid redlining).
I'm hoping that won't ruin the engine in the long run though I tend to keep the cars for 2-3 years only in any case.

Last edited by Zkalra : 3rd February 2012 at 07:39. Reason: Typo
Zkalra is offline  
Old 3rd February 2012, 09:44   #50
Senior - BHPian
 
Ace F355's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Delhi NCR
Posts: 1,172
Thanked: 1,601 Times
Default Re: Audi RS5 - What are your thoughts?

Agree with Akshay on engine break-in point. Just do not Redline the car in first 1500-2000 kms. Use upto 70% of available power in keeping the revvs moving up and down and you should be fine.

However, I would strongly suggest you to take easy on your RS5 till you get a hang of it. Sports cars can be bit of a handful if you don't jave a self-control. Please be careful. Start high speed maneuvering once you understand the abilities of the car and that will certainly take a few hunderd kilometers in the beginning.

Today is the Good Friday, I suppose. Keep us posted.
Ace F355 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2012, 06:36   #51
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 141
Thanked: 70 Times
Default Re: Audi RS5 - What are your thoughts?

Yup the car is here. Have taken some photos. Will post soon into a new thread titled the RS5 is here. Wlll 'cut and paste' of photos work?

Last edited by Zkalra : 4th February 2012 at 06:37. Reason: Typo
Zkalra is offline  
Old 4th February 2012, 07:27   #52
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 141
Thanked: 70 Times
Default

Here are some photos. Have used the Ipad app to post so I hope they show up.
Attached Images
  

Last edited by GTO : 11th February 2012 at 11:08. Reason: Removing some images as requested
Zkalra is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th February 2012, 07:43   #53
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 141
Thanked: 70 Times
Default

Some more photos. Look how low it sits compared to the 5er.
Attached Images
 

Last edited by GTO : 13th February 2012 at 10:18. Reason: Removing some images as requested
Zkalra is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th February 2012, 10:05   #54
Senior - BHPian
 
PlatzdaTurbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,304
Thanked: 314 Times
Default Re: Audi RS5 - What are your thoughts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zkalra View Post
Some more photos. Look how low it sits compared to the 5er.

Beautiful ! Just Beautiful ! Im in love
Usually cars like these are expected in loud colours. Both, the red as well as the blue offered on the RS5 are fantastic shades but white looks amazing in its own right. Also have a slight bias as my Audi is white as well
Youv made me very happy with your choice ! LOL .
Heartiest congratulations and a drive report and pics awaited eagerly !
Happy mile munching!
PlatzdaTurbo is offline  
Old 4th February 2012, 10:09   #55
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 141
Thanked: 70 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatzdaTurbo

Beautiful ! Just Beautiful ! Im in love
Usually cars like these are expected in loud colours. Both, the red as well as the blue offered on the RS5 are fantastic shades but white looks amazing in its own right. Also have a slight bias as my Audi is white as well
Youv made me very happy with your choice ! LOL .
Heartiest congratulations and a drive report and pics awaited eagerly !
Happy mile munching!
Thanks Platz. To tell you honestly the pics don't do justice. The car is actually way better looking in real life and draws a lot of heads. People stopping in the middle of the street to see the car etc. I'm glad to choose white - better resale as well.
Zkalra is offline  
Old 4th February 2012, 10:38   #56
Senior - BHPian
 
PlatzdaTurbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,304
Thanked: 314 Times
Default Re: Audi RS5 - What are your thoughts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zkalra View Post
Thanks Platz. To tell you honestly the pics don't do justice. The car is actually way better looking in real life and draws a lot of heads. People stopping in the middle of the street to see the car etc. I'm glad to choose white - better resale as well.

Your telling me ??
All i have is a humble & slow (relatively speaking) A4 3.0 TDi for around 2 years now and still people look so i can imagine what the RS 5 does !
Enjoy the attention.
Also have seen the RS 5 upclose (had gone for the launch in Mumbai) and boy does she look good ! Very understated.
I just wish those DRLs on the RS 5 were as neatly arranged as on the A4. They look good but not quite there. Anyway its hardly a compromise for the unparalleled driving experience you might be reveling in
Enjoy !
Damn it !...cant wait for the A7 3.0 Bi-turbo now !

Last edited by PlatzdaTurbo : 4th February 2012 at 10:40.
PlatzdaTurbo is offline  
Old 4th February 2012, 10:45   #57
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 141
Thanked: 70 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatzdaTurbo

Your telling me ??
All i have is a humble & slow (relatively speaking) A4 3.0 TDi for around 2 years now and still people look so i can imagine what the RS 5 does !
Enjoy the attention.
Also have seen the RS 5 upclose (had gone for the launch in Mumbai) and boy does she look good ! Very understated.
I just wish those DRLs on the RS 5 were as neatly arranged as on the A4. They look good but not quite there. Anyway its hardly a compromise for the unparalleled driving experience you might be reveling in
Enjoy !
Damn it !...cant wait for the A7 3.0 Bi-turbo now !
Awesome feel on the road. Very sporty (read stiff) suspension though in all honesty after the f10 messed p suspension I kind of missed the stiff suspension. What is unparalleled is the exhaust sound!! You can hear it a mile away.
Zkalra is offline  
Old 4th February 2012, 10:49   #58
BHPian
 
ghostrider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bombay
Posts: 678
Thanked: 305 Times
Default Re: Audi RS5 - What are your thoughts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zkalra View Post
Some more photos. Look how low it sits compared to the 5er.
Now THAT is a stunning piece of kit. I did a little bit of checking and you really need to avoid going anywhere near the redline for the first 2000 km.


Congratulations again, I'm very happy for you.
ghostrider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2012, 11:55   #59
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 141
Thanked: 70 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider

Now THAT is a stunning piece of kit. I did a little bit of checking and you really need to avoid going anywhere near the redline for the first 2000 km.

Congratulations again, I'm very happy for you.
Thanks. Yup I can go upto 6k rpm for the first thousand. Then progressively to 7k till 2500 and then gradually increase it to the redline.
Zkalra is offline  
Old 7th February 2012, 10:32   #60
Senior - BHPian
 
Ace F355's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Delhi NCR
Posts: 1,172
Thanked: 1,601 Times
Default Re: Audi RS5 - What are your thoughts?

Beautiful car. White looks to understated for the car's agressive nature. Congrats and would like you to start an ownership review once you have spent some time with your beast. As I said, in comfort mode, the stiff suspension should go easy a bit. Since you are running on low profile tyres, take it easy on Gurgaon roads full of craters!!

Drive safe, will ya!
Ace F355 is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pics : Audi RS5 in Mumbai ! PPS Super-Cars & Imports in India 52 6th July 2016 09:22
Audi RS5 & A7 Launch StrangeWizard The Indian Car Scene 27 30th May 2014 09:36
2012 Audi RS5 rk206 The International Automotive Scene 7 16th January 2013 19:55
Audi confusion again : RS5 vs R8 v8 spiff Luxury, Imports & Niche 27 24th May 2012 14:59
Audi RS5 "M3 beater?" to be launched early next year "PICS" highwayblaze The International Automotive Scene 9 18th May 2007 01:59


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 21:53.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks