Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12th April 2012, 22:03   #46
BHPian
 
AdiSinghV12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: BOM-CCU-DEL-PAT
Posts: 513
Thanked: 430 Times
Default Re: BMW 320d (8000kms done) or New Chevy Cruze?

Quote:
Originally Posted by magikrider View Post
wow! never knew you can get an almost new 3er for the price of top end cruze! which by the way even i am considering... and now after reading your thread you made me thinking!
Haha I'm glad this thread is helping people to make better decisions

Quote:
Originally Posted by VSD View Post
@AdiSinghV12: If you are planning to go for a used 3-series from delhi, i would advice you to visit carwale.com. I was checking for some used cars myself, came across a silver 320d highline model for 20lakhs done about 8000kms. Looked quite good, and for 20L, it looks a good deal for highline model.

Otherwise u can also try BMW premium selection, they offer warranty for the used cars which are first inspected by them technicians.

I have owned a 325i in the past, and i think you could get a good bargain on some used cars if you can get it from and individual instead of some dealer.. I sold mine for 11lakhs after using it 4.5 years, though any dealer would charge you around 15L for it.
I know about the 320d Highline you're talking about. I did contact the owner. He's the 2nd owner of the car and the current buyer'd be the 3rd one and I highly doubt I'd be allowed to buy it. Though I'd love to. And regarding the BMW premium selection, the car available there costs approx 2 lakh more than the local dealers/individual sellers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by magikrider View Post
mannn... this has got me seriously thinking about a pre-worshipped bmw 320d! even if its a CE i guess it will be enough features compared to cruze if i am not wrong. and a bmw is a bmw man.... chevy can't even dream to come close to it! wonder if a lightly used 320d CE can be available at around 15 lakhs!

sorry AdiSinghV12... trying to take over your thread or anything but i am glad i came across your thread!

P.S. - searched online on many sites but apparently all the low milage 1-2 years old 320d's are available mostly above 20 lacs! i think bmw commands a high resale value! sad! :(
No worries magikrider I'm a big time Cruze fan and I was planning to get it from an year and a half or so. But now my mind has totally changed after starting this thread and after having a little discussion with my friends. I'm kinda in love with the E90 3er. I'd say, I'm 90% certain now that my next car'd be a 320d. Even if we keep all the features aside, its the 184 horses mated to the 'rear wheel' that makes the REAL DIFFERENCE. And I hardly doubt a 3er with less than 25,000 at the ODO'd be available for 15 but you can surely find one in the 17-17.5 region if you put your bargaining skills to work. Keep me updated about your decision.

Last edited by AdiSinghV12 : 12th April 2012 at 22:05.
AdiSinghV12 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2012, 22:12   #47
BHPian
 
magikrider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: MH-01
Posts: 441
Thanked: 80 Times
Default Re: BMW 320d (8000kms done) or New Chevy Cruze?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdiSinghV12 View Post
Haha I'm glad this thread is helping people to make better decisions

No worries magikrider I'm a big time Cruze fan and I was planning to get it from an year and a half or so. But now my mind has totally changed after starting this thread and after having a little discussion with my friends. I'm kinda in love with the E90 3er. I'd say, I'm 90% certain now that my next car'd be a 320d. Even if we keep all the features aside, its the 184 horses mated to the 'rear wheel' that makes the REAL DIFFERENCE. And I hardly doubt a 3er with less than 25,000 at the ODO'd be available for 15 but you can surely find one in the 17-17.5 region if you put your bargaining skills to work. Keep me updated about your decision.
sure. will start a fresh thread for some good expert advice before buying. i might be even ready to shell out 16-17 if i get a deal like yours. 8000 kms is nothing man! its almost new! you still got a good 1 lac kms at least to it.. heck its a bmw minus the hard hitting new car depreciation! seems perfect!

i think i would not let that deal go away! grab it dude! that is of course after throughly inspecting the car and doing all the necessary checks and used car pdi mentioned here on the forum. heck... i am even saying if you are not going for it... give me a chance to go for it! i am seriously considering it

Last edited by magikrider : 12th April 2012 at 22:19.
magikrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2012, 22:31   #48
BHPian
 
AdiSinghV12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: BOM-CCU-DEL-PAT
Posts: 513
Thanked: 430 Times
Default Re: BMW 320d (8000kms done) or New Chevy Cruze?

Quote:
Originally Posted by magikrider View Post
sure. will start a fresh thread for some good expert advice before buying. i might be even ready to shell out 16-17 if i get a deal like yours. 8000 kms is nothing man! its almost new! you still got a good 1 lac kms at least to it.. heck its a bmw minus the hard hitting new car depreciation! seems perfect!

i think i would not let that deal go away! grab it dude! that is of course after throughly inspecting the car and doing all the necessary checks and used car pdi mentioned here on the forum. heck... i am even saying if you are not going for it... give me a chance to go for it! i am seriously considering it
Haha don't worry you'll find more such deals maybe for a 'little' more. If you're ready to shell out 17, I'd say, arrange a little more (maybe half a lakh) and get the 320d CE. If driving is one of your passion, a car with RWD set up is the one to go for. I'll be picking the car next month from Delhi. All the Best!
AdiSinghV12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2012, 22:36   #49
BHPian
 
magikrider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: MH-01
Posts: 441
Thanked: 80 Times
Default Re: BMW 320d (8000kms done) or New Chevy Cruze?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdiSinghV12 View Post
Haha don't worry you'll find more such deals maybe for a 'little' more. If you're ready to shell out 17, I'd say, arrange a little more (maybe half a lakh) and get the 320d CE. If driving is one of your passion, a car with RWD set up is the one to go for. I'll be picking the car next month from Delhi. All the Best!
oh so you already sealed the deal! good. congrats man! you got yourself a great deal! hope i too find something like this when i plan to buy in a couple of months maybe...

i believe it has almost all the important features like AT, climate control, steering mounted controls etc.. (heck its a premium brand/car after all) which at similar price even the skoda laura doesn't have!

Last edited by magikrider : 12th April 2012 at 22:38.
magikrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2012, 22:56   #50
BHPian
 
AdiSinghV12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: BOM-CCU-DEL-PAT
Posts: 513
Thanked: 430 Times
Default Re: BMW 320d (8000kms done) or New Chevy Cruze?

Quote:
Originally Posted by magikrider View Post
oh so you already sealed the deal! good. congrats man! you got yourself a great deal! hope i too find something like this when i plan to buy in a couple of months maybe...

i believe it has almost all the important features like AT, climate control, steering mounted controls etc.. (heck its a premium brand/car after all) which at similar price even the skoda laura doesn't have!
Thanks I'm sure you will. The F30 is around the corner and I'm sure there'd be some cracking deals available for the E90. BTW What are the other options you are considering? and what are your priorities?
AdiSinghV12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2012, 23:04   #51
BHPian
 
magikrider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: MH-01
Posts: 441
Thanked: 80 Times
Default Re: BMW 320d (8000kms done) or New Chevy Cruze?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdiSinghV12 View Post
Thanks I'm sure you will. The F30 is around the corner and I'm sure there'd be some cracking deals available for the E90. BTW What are the other options you are considering? and what are your priorities?
don't even ask... i am super confused! haha

in past few months i have considered from honda city AT, vento diesel to XUV 500 and laura DSG, cruze AT and jetta comfort line MT!

priorities are a good sturdy diesel, preferably AT so its easy to drive in bumper to bumper city traffic too and a little spacious and comfy car! thats where actually cruze falls short a bit compared to the new jetta. but new jetta is again pretty expensive! laura is fine but its bland without any features and also about to be replaced soon in less than a year now.. so lets see.
magikrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2012, 23:15   #52
BHPian
 
AdiSinghV12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: BOM-CCU-DEL-PAT
Posts: 513
Thanked: 430 Times
Default Re: BMW 320d (8000kms done) or New Chevy Cruze?

Quote:
Originally Posted by magikrider View Post
don't even ask... i am super confused! haha

in past few months i have considered from honda city AT, vento diesel to XUV 500 and laura DSG, cruze AT and jetta comfort line MT!

priorities are a good sturdy diesel, preferably AT so its easy to drive in bumper to bumper city traffic too and a little spacious and comfy car! thats where actually cruze falls short a bit compared to the new jetta. but new jetta is again pretty expensive! laura is fine but its bland without any features and also about to be replaced soon in less than a year now.. so lets see.
Haha, Been through a similar phase too. Yeah you're right, the Laura is here from quite a while and its due for a replacement. The vRS is out of the league as you want a Diesel. Jetta seems a bit overpriced and looks more of a muscular Vento to me. Though that's a very personal opinion. and XUV is a pretty nice vehicle but only if you want a SUV. However if you're looking for the back seat comfort, 3er and Cruze arn't the ones to go for. Though the front is absolutely fine and comfy IMO. If you ask me, either consider the Cruze or 320d CE. Both are great vehicles and quite FTD. So choose between the two I'd say. That's the dilemma I'm in. To choose between the two.
AdiSinghV12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2012, 23:19   #53
BHPian
 
magikrider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: MH-01
Posts: 441
Thanked: 80 Times
Default Re: BMW 320d (8000kms done) or New Chevy Cruze?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdiSinghV12 View Post
Haha, Been through a similar phase too. Yeah you're right, the Laura is here from quite a while and its due for a replacement. The vRS is out of the league as you want a Diesel. Jetta seems a bit overpriced and looks more of a muscular Vento to me. Though that's a very personal opinion. and XUV is a pretty nice vehicle but only if you want a SUV. However if you're looking for the back seat comfort, 3er and Cruze arn't the ones to go for. Though the front is absolutely fine and comfy IMO. If you ask me, either consider the Cruze or 320d CE. Both are great vehicles and quite FTD. So choose between the two I'd say. That's the dilemma I'm in. To choose between the two.
i thought you ended your dilemma! you shouldn't even think anything else but go for the beemer! if you are getting at the said price, it s a good deal i think! and again if you miss it... remember.. my offer still stands! haha

Last edited by magikrider : 12th April 2012 at 23:25.
magikrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2012, 23:38   #54
BHPian
 
AdiSinghV12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: BOM-CCU-DEL-PAT
Posts: 513
Thanked: 430 Times
Default Re: BMW 320d (8000kms done) or New Chevy Cruze?

Quote:
Originally Posted by magikrider View Post
i thought you ended your dilemma! you shouldn't even think anything else but go for the beemer! if you are getting at the said price, it s a good deal i think! and again if you miss it... remember.. my offer still stands! haha
Yeah I'll remember it. I'm looking if I can get a higher variant for a 'slightly' higher price. If I succeed in finding one, I'll make sure that you get my current deal.
AdiSinghV12 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2012, 01:18   #55
BHPian
 
Karan1981's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Thane
Posts: 157
Thanked: 37 Times
Default Re: BMW 320d (8000kms done) or New Chevy Cruze?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdiSinghV12 View Post
Yeah I'll remember it. I'm looking if I can get a higher variant for a 'slightly' higher price. If I succeed in finding one, I'll make sure that you get my current deal.
Guys do give a thought to Volvo also that has recently launched it's sedan priced at 23 lacs onwards. It's a good option too and is known for safety features too apart from power.
Karan1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2012, 12:06   #56
BHPian
 
AdiSinghV12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: BOM-CCU-DEL-PAT
Posts: 513
Thanked: 430 Times
Default Re: BMW 320d (8000kms done) or New Chevy Cruze?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karan1981 View Post
Guys do give a thought to Volvo also that has recently launched it's sedan priced at 23 lacs onwards. It's a good option too and is known for safety features too apart from power.
23 is the ex showroom price, Karan. Even if the company offers 1 lakh discount, the OTR price'd be somewhere around 26. And that too for the 163bhp motor.
AdiSinghV12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2012, 12:14   #57
BHPian
 
Karan1981's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Thane
Posts: 157
Thanked: 37 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdiSinghV12

23 is the ex showroom price, Karan. Even if the company offers 1 lakh discount, the OTR price'd be somewhere around 26. And that too for the 163bhp motor.
Sure Adi, however the bargain? 163 Bhp is not bad too and the car looks tad different from the rest
Karan1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2012, 12:41   #58
BHPian
 
AdiSinghV12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: BOM-CCU-DEL-PAT
Posts: 513
Thanked: 430 Times
Default Re: BMW 320d (8000kms done) or New Chevy Cruze?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karan1981 View Post
Sure Adi, however the bargain? 163 Bhp is not bad too and the car looks tad different from the rest
Alright Karan I'll give them a call. Though I'm yet to call the BMW dealership and talk about the 3er LOL! All the callings should happen today
AdiSinghV12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2012, 12:51   #59
BHPian
 
Karan1981's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Thane
Posts: 157
Thanked: 37 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdiSinghV12

Alright Karan I'll give them a call. Though I'm yet to call the BMW dealership and talk about the 3er LOL! All the callings should happen today
Great Adi 😜, do keep us posted on your TD experience of both and what you finally decide. Testing a car on road certainly helps!

Drive safe
Karan1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2012, 13:47   #60
Mtv
BHPian
 
Mtv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 140
Thanked: 231 Times
Default Re: BMW 320d (8000kms done) or New Chevy Cruze?

I have a similar dilemma.
There is a 320D CE (January 2012) done 5.4k available for 20l. The car is owned by the local BMW showroom and was used by one of the official's. Is the price worth it?
Mtv is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Skoda Octavia or Pre-owned BMW F30 320d. EDIT: New 320d booked coolboy007 Sedans 54 17th June 2016 15:41
BMW 325i,320d or 523i??? EDIT Bought 320D Highline morphin1 Luxury, Imports & Niche 67 13th April 2015 13:57
My very own Vermillion Red BMW 320d *EDIT: 53,000km done!* elantracrdi05 Long-Term Ownership Reviews 104 9th September 2014 11:34
All New Honda City Black Auto Transmission - 8000kms Ownership Experience Report Karizma Fan Long-Term Ownership Reviews 55 29th December 2010 19:23


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 17:22.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks