Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche

Old 4th September 2012, 18:40   #16
Team-BHP Support

Default Re: The New Porsche Boxster S! Or any other worthy 2-door for my garage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
The Boxter does not have 18" wheels for India, they are all 20".
There is no option of going one-size down? Doesn't the non-'S' model come with smaller wheels. I know they don't sell the non-'S' here but can't your Boxster be configured according to your preference? Or do we only get pre-configured cars here?

Porsche will try and push the PDK instead of the manual-tranny any way.

Quote:
3 months is when the cars would arrive.
Awesome!

Quote:
A new Boxster cannot be substituted by a second hand 997 carrera. The second hand cars are not cheap and also you need to know its history before stepping in for one. I would only look into one if i knew exactly how she was kept before.
It was just an option worth considering.

Quote:
Sorry but Burmeister is not available in the Boxster range and its only Bose as an option. I would say stick with the stock music system as all this costs dont add onto resale of a car, its only money spent for a persons whims.
Oh, that's too bad. I've heard from Forums across the interweb that the Burmeister audio is unparalleled when it comes to ICE. The new Bose has been improved a great deal as well. The optional sports-exhaust is worth the money IMO.
suhaas307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2012, 12:35   #17
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: The New Porsche Boxster S! Or any other worthy 2-door for my garage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
There is no option of going one-size down? Doesn't the non-'S' model come with smaller wheels. I know they don't sell the non-'S' here but can't your Boxster be configured according to your preference? Or do we only get pre-configured cars here?
For India and the Boxster S they have 3 wheel options and all 20". The cars can be configured but the S has the 3 wheels to choose from. I dont know why this is done but i would prefer a range from 18" upto 20" to choose from.

Quote:
Porsche will try and push the PDK instead of the manual-tranny any way.
Porsche does not push anything as owners are well aware. The owners themselves ask for automatics since its better to drive in traffic.

Aadya Motor Company the new Dealers of Porsche Bombay gets its New Boxster S by the end of this month.

Quote:
It was just an option worth considering.
An option worth considering if you find a clean and non abused example. As from what i have seen many owners buy these cars for status and dont really care for the cars.

Quote:
Oh, that's too bad. I've heard from Forums across the interweb that the Burmeister audio is unparalleled when it comes to ICE. The new Bose has been improved a great deal as well. The optional sports-exhaust is worth the money IMO.
Burmester audio is not available for the boxster, cayman and for the lower variants of the cayenne. The 911, Panamerra and the Cayenne Turbo only get this option all others have the Bose Audio option to choose from.

The sports exhaust is subjective as no two people can be the same. IMO its a waste as the sound gets to you after a while and you wish you had the stock exhaust. The stock is loud too no doubt and if i need a little more then i can get after market exhaust options too.
speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2012, 18:42   #18

Dear All,

Please advise who are the currently appointed Porsche dealers for Delhi/NCR.
Unable to find any details from their site.

Thank you.
Sanchit
sanchit.j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2012, 14:07   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanchit.j View Post
Dear All,

Please advise who are the currently appointed Porsche dealers for Delhi/NCR.
Unable to find any details from their site.

Thank you.
Sanchit
The New Porsche dealer is situated in Gurgaon..will try and get their details for you.
speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2012, 14:40   #20
Senior - BHPian

You may want to try calling Porsche Mumbai @ +91 8452000911 and ask for Delhi dealership numbers.
dipen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2012, 09:20   #21

Thanks for all the information.
The news is that they only have Boxster S and normal Boxster won't be coming here.

The ex-showroom is about 80L + loading and the combined figure with their 'loading' included was 1.02 ex-showroom. 1.02cr for a Boxster S!

1 - 1.5 year back a 911 could be afforded for such a sum!
Old 18th September 2012, 15:25   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanchit.j View Post
Thanks for all the information.
The news is that they only have Boxster S and normal Boxster won't be coming here.

The ex-showroom is about 80L + loading and the combined figure with their 'loading' included was 1.02 ex-showroom. 1.02cr for a Boxster S!

1 - 1.5 year back a 911 could be afforded for such a sum!
I assume, even the Cayman S on the Forum was sub 1 Cr (OTR)

1.02 Ex-showroom would translate to 1.25 OTR Mumbai if 1.02 is ex-showroom outside octroi limits.
Old 18th September 2012, 15:34   #23

The pricing being irrational, will only help non-purists to look more keenly towards the Z4 now which makes a decent case with a good engine and decent equipment (read 'loading')!

I hope this is only an 'introductory' pricing subject to rationalization soon
Old 18th September 2012, 16:53   #24
BHPian

The Cayman S was in the ballpark of 90l OTR, plus/minus 5lac depending on how populated the option list was.

This new pricing for the Boxster is ridiculous. It means that the new base 911 would easily be in the Aston Martin Vantage price range.
Saarth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2012, 15:47   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saarth View Post
The Cayman S was in the ballpark of 90l OTR, plus/minus 5lac depending on how populated the option list was.

This new pricing for the Boxster is ridiculous. It means that the new base 911 would easily be in the Aston Martin Vantage price range.
Guess all is attributed to the rupee falling near 20% in the last 2 years. Still the Vantage is a good 60 lakhs minimum over the base 911.
Old 20th September 2012, 16:54   #26
BHPian

Here is a very left field suggestion. The Caterham 7.

It is not a practical car, I agree, but the fun of driving that is almost unrivalled on this planet. It has sublime handling, maybe a bit too much of the wind in your hair factor, and is quick. It is also remarkably cheaper than almost anything else you are considering but there are zero bells and whistles. In fact it is a pain to even take to the shops as it has no roof.
pganapathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2012, 14:39   #27
BHPian

The Caterham 7 is a pure track day car. It doesn't make sense in India unless you already have a sports car or you own a track.
Honestly, I'd give the Boxter S a pass, it has a electronic power steering which deprives you of feedback. Which just doesn't do justice to the car. They should have stuck with their hydraulic system.
Also, the pricing is through the roof! Its appalling.
I'd say, stick to the Z4 if you really want a convertible. Otherwise, though not convertibles, there's the TT, M3, heck, even the Volvo S60 T6 is a crazy car!
What about the Jaguar XK-R. That is one devil of a car.
mango_pal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2012, 09:57   #28

Default Z4/ SLK/ Boxster/ Other?

This forum has been a great source of info for me over the years although I haven't really participated much. I had posted about a year ago on a similar topic but ended up buying an ML350 at the time. Now I think i'm ready to plunge in and buy a sports convertible and need your input. The max on-road individual price (Mumbai) I'm willing to pay is 1.2 cr or thereabouts. Would especially like to hear from current Z4/ SLK/ Boxster owners on their experiences.
7447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2012, 11:04   #29
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Z4/ SLK/ Boxster/ Other?

I think Z4 is the best allrounder in that segment. Being a hard top convertible, its quite practical too. The Boxster S may be a bit more involving to drive but I feel its canvas top is a let down and the car itself is getting older. Personally, I dont find anything attractive in the new SLK other than its AC vents!
If you are open to buying used ones, you might be able to find a sparingly used R8!

Last edited by Anand123 : 5th October 2012 at 11:06.
Anand123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2012, 11:08   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Z4/ SLK/ Boxster/ Other?

If you are willing to pay 1.2 cr max , do check in the BMW 640d , extremely fast practical tourer & yes the convertible option is only available for the 650i (95L ex showroom) but the 640d is aprox 74L ex showroom

In the option b/w the Z4/Boxter/SLK , id pick the Boxter , as it would be the most unique of the lot

Last edited by karan561 : 5th October 2012 at 11:31.
karan561 is online now   Reply With Quote