Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11th December 2013, 23:38   #196
Senior - BHPian
 
sameerg001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Dwarka, Delhi
Posts: 1,503
Thanked: 423 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoaib3030 View Post
Guys what is this year end discount that you talk of?!
The sales guy I talked to today told me the price of the 320d would be 46 lacs on the road!!
46? Holy cow :O

Please ask him to share the price quote with and please share that here with price breakup. Here in Delhi, the 320d baseline with xenons is 35.75 on road, less discounts, my friend got 2.25+50k off. He got the car, around a month back.

Even if its luxury line or sportsline, it can't be 46 on road. There must be some miss communication.
sameerg001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2013, 23:42   #197
BHPian
 
shoaib3030's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 164
Thanked: 112 Times
Default

I have the price quote documents in my car! I'll get it and post it tomorrow morning!
I sure don't wanna be cheated guys! :(

Guys this is the price quote for 320d luxury line that I was given today.

Name:  ForumRunner_20131211_234920.png
Views: 1105
Size:  310.6 KB</div>   <div style=

Last edited by aah78 : 12th December 2013 at 00:44. Reason: Posts merged.
shoaib3030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2013, 23:54   #198
BHPian
 
the_skyliner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Pune
Posts: 459
Thanked: 611 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoaib3030 View Post
I have the price quote documents in my car! I'll get it and post it tomorrow morning!
I sure don't wanna be cheated guys! :(
Did you ask for company registration quote? In that case the luxury line and sport line without discounts will cost close to 45L in Pune. But there are discounts in the range of 3-5L going on currently on 320d so please ask for discounts to your SA.

FYI, today I was offered X1 baseline for 31.5L with a promise to better the deal if I book it by latest next weekend. 320d baseline has also been offered at 32L on road with same condition. This Sunday I might just book one of these.

Edit: just saw that the quote you got seems to be for company registration and includes BSI which is not mandatory.

Last edited by the_skyliner : 11th December 2013 at 23:57.
the_skyliner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2013, 11:26   #199
BHPian
 
shoaib3030's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 164
Thanked: 112 Times
Default

^^ wow. Okay. Thanks for that tip!!
Are there any other things that I need to know?!
I mean I find it just propestoruous that the price could vary from 5-10 lacs between dealers.
If anyone could enlighten me on these year end prices and how to procure them?!
shoaib3030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2013, 11:36   #200
BHPian
 
Bluebeem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Ludhiana
Posts: 360
Thanked: 213 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoaib3030 View Post
^^ wow. Okay. Thanks for that tip!! Are there any other things that I need to know?! I mean I find it just propestoruous that the price could vary from 5-10 lacs between dealers. If anyone could enlighten me on these year end prices and how to procure them?!
Ex showroom price for luxury line and sport line in Punjab is Rs. 34.25 lacs.
The dealerships are offering anywhere between 2-5 lacs discount depending on what they have in stock.

Assume a minimum of 2.5 lacs discount. That's 31.75 lacs ex showroom. Plus insurance costs 93k. Plus registration @ 8% costs about 2.5 lacs. That's 35.5 L approx. OTR price.

Mind you there's only one person who owns all dealerships across Punjab so discounts are way lesser than mumbai and delhi/ggn dealers. When I bought my car, the Chandigarh dealer gave me 2 lacs off while the delhi dealer was offering 5 lacs off.

Last edited by Bluebeem : 12th December 2013 at 11:37.
Bluebeem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2013, 11:55   #201
Senior - BHPian
 
reignofchaos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,223
Thanked: 1,174 Times
Default Re: BMW 320d (F30) vs Audi A4

Bangalore has the highest road tax in the country to the tune of 24% or so for the most expensive cars. Please keep that in mind - do not compare prices with the north.
reignofchaos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2013, 12:36   #202
BHPian
 
Bluebeem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Ludhiana
Posts: 360
Thanked: 213 Times
Default

At 24% road tax as well the road tax on 31.75 ex showroom will be will be approx 7.7 lacs. That still keeps the OTR price at approx 40L.
Bluebeem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2013, 12:41   #203
Distinguished - BHPian
 
drmohitg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Delhi
Posts: 4,479
Thanked: 3,624 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebeem View Post
At 24% road tax as well the road tax on 31.75 ex showroom will be will be approx 7.7 lacs. That still keeps the OTR price at approx 40L.
Road tax is calculated on the showroom price without any discounts in most places across the country. So discount doesn't reduce the tax but is deducted from OTR price. This is what is followed in Delhi. Also the price quoted to op includes the BSI too.
drmohitg is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2013, 12:43   #204
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Santoshbhat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,784
Thanked: 3,022 Times
Default Re: BMW 320d (F30) vs Audi A4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebeem View Post
At 24% road tax as well the road tax on 31.75 ex showroom will be will be approx 7.7 lacs. That still keeps the OTR price at approx 40L.
The break up is there in his post. His quote includes comprehensive insurance and BSI, EW and something called BMW lifestyle.

OT : You pay 7 lakhs road tax for the 3 in Bangalore and get roads that are most unsuitable for the car! Gigantic speed breakers every 10 secs and huge potholes. What an irony :(

Last edited by Santoshbhat : 12th December 2013 at 12:47.
Santoshbhat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2013, 13:11   #205
BHPian
 
Bluebeem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Ludhiana
Posts: 360
Thanked: 213 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoaib3030 View Post
I have the price quote documents in my car! I'll get it and post it tomorrow morning! I sure don't wanna be cheated guys! :( Guys this is the price quote for 320d luxury line that I was given today.
So there's a couple of things here.

1. 35.1 ex showroom is witHout discount. Dealers all across the country are offering huge discounts. 5L discounts on this car were common 2-3 months back. Being December the discounts should be more. I suggest you speak to another dealer and get a quote.

2) insurance @ 140k is way too high. My car cost 32 lacs and there were 3 insurance packages offered. Silver pack was 83k. Gold pack 93k (includes cover for hydrostatic lock ) and platinum was 103k (this is a no dep insurance. In case of total loss, invoice value is compensated). Some research on the internet later revealed that these prices too were much higher than what the market was charging. I would advise u check out insurance prices online and then speak to the dealer.

3). BMW secure is included in the ex showroom price. We bought 3 BMWs last year in the family. All 3 had complimentary BMW secure for 1 year

4). BSI and extended warranty can be bought any time before the first service, so you can take that out of three initial quote.
Bluebeem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2013, 22:32   #206
BHPian
 
shoaib3030's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 164
Thanked: 112 Times
Default Re: BMW 320d (F30) vs Audi A4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebeem View Post
So there's a couple of things here.

1. 35.1 ex showroom is witHout discount. Dealers all across the country are offering huge discounts. 5L discounts on this car were common 2-3 months back. Being December the discounts should be more. I suggest you speak to another dealer and get a quote.

2) insurance @ 140k is way too high. My car cost 32 lacs and there were 3 insurance packages offered. Silver pack was 83k. Gold pack 93k (includes cover for hydrostatic lock ) and platinum was 103k (this is a no dep insurance. In case of total loss, invoice value is compensated). Some research on the internet later revealed that these prices too were much higher than what the market was charging. I would advise u check out insurance prices online and then speak to the dealer.

3). BMW secure is included in the ex showroom price. We bought 3 BMWs last year in the family. All 3 had complimentary BMW secure for 1 year

4). BSI and extended warranty can be bought any time before the first service, so you can take that out of three initial quote.
Oh is that so ? Thanks for the input Bluebeem ! Jaguar is offering the XF also at an attractive EMI scheme. So we are considering the XF also.

Has anyone taken a test drive of the XF ?
shoaib3030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2013, 23:42   #207
BHPian
 
the_skyliner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Pune
Posts: 459
Thanked: 611 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoaib3030 View Post

Oh is that so ? Thanks for the input Bluebeem ! Jaguar is offering the XF also at an attractive EMI scheme. So we are considering the XF also.

Has anyone taken a test drive of the XF ?
Would you mind sharing the scheme details? I was under the impression that XF is much more expensive than 3. Do you know how much is the exact price difference between the two?
the_skyliner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2013, 00:20   #208
Senior - BHPian
 
sameerg001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Dwarka, Delhi
Posts: 1,503
Thanked: 423 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_skyliner View Post

Would you mind sharing the scheme details? I was under the impression that XF is much more expensive than 3. Do you know how much is the exact price difference between the two?
As far as I know, xf is priced at a segment above, i.e in the 5/e/a6 category.
sameerg001 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2013, 00:22   #209
Distinguished - BHPian
 
drmohitg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Delhi
Posts: 4,479
Thanked: 3,624 Times
Default Re: BMW 320d (F30) vs Audi A4

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_skyliner View Post
Would you mind sharing the scheme details? I was under the impression that XF is much more expensive than 3. Do you know how much is the exact price difference between the two?
Buddy stop getting confused and go and get that beemer. There is no comparison between the 3 series and the XF. They are talking about the XF since the member got a quote of 45L for the 3 series sportsline that included BSI and company registration. The XF competes with the 5 series and E class and is priced at around 10L over these cars. AFAIK its priced around 55-60L OTR as compared to 45-50L OTR for the 5 series and E class and A6.
drmohitg is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2013, 00:49   #210
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Bombay
Posts: 176
Thanked: 98 Times
Default Re: BMW 320d (F30) vs Audi A4

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoaib3030 View Post

I sure don't wanna be cheated guys! :(
Your insurance of 1.40 lakhs plus the zero depreciation of .42 lakhs costs a total of 1.82 lakhs. If you buy a zero depreciation policy from a Nationalized Insurance company, it should cost you in the range of 60,000. If you have no claim bonus, the amount will become lesser. Go ahead and get a quote from a Nationalized Insurance company and see for yourself. Once you have a quote, you will have a clear picture on the figures. Your saving should be in the range of 1.25 lakhs.

Also note, the registration charges are paid on the net invoice after discount, but they will collect the registration charges on the invoice amount before discount. If the discount is 4-5 lakhs and the registration charge is 20%, you could save 80,000 - 1 lakh on the registration charges. Tell them that you will do the registration yourself, if necessary.

Ask them how they are charging handling charges when there is a High Court Judgement against it. Ask them to increase the discount by that amount if they do not waive handling charges.


Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post

Road tax is calculated on the showroom price without any discounts in most places across the country. So discount doesn't reduce the tax but is deducted from OTR price.
This is what the dealers want you to believe.

I got two cars registered in September: A Mercedes E250 CBU and another BMW 320d SportsLine. The dealers issue what is called an RTO invoice. This invoice is a net invoice after all discounts. The Registration charges are calculated on the net amount recorded in this RTO invoice. Dealers pocket the additional tax that they have collected on the ex-showroom price. They may even give you a receipt of the amount quoted to you. This is one of the biggest trade secrets. And I believe this is one more scam waiting to be unearthed.

Btw, since I got the cars registered on my own, I also got a copy of the Invoice issue by the manufacturer to the dealer. So I knew the exact price at which the dealer bought from the manufacturer.

Last edited by lapsi : 14th December 2013 at 01:01.
lapsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
BMW F30 320D powered by ///M - The Ultimat3 Driving Machine AdiSinghV12 Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 25 21st April 2016 07:27
BMW 325i,320d or 523i??? EDIT Bought 320D Highline morphin1 Luxury, Imports & Niche 67 13th April 2015 13:57


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 10:02.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks