Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10th November 2012, 19:03   #31
Senior - BHPian
 
dkaile's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Meerut, India
Posts: 2,985
Thanked: 4,026 Times
Default Re: BMW 320d (F30) vs Audi A4

X1 corporate edition going with 4 lacs discount (http://www.autocarindia.com/News/322...ts-galore.aspx ). I hope you got that discount.
dkaile is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2012, 22:33   #32
bhp
BHPian
 
bhp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: lokhandwala mumbai
Posts: 835
Thanked: 151 Times
Default Re: BMW 320d (F30) vs Audi A4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
X1 corporate edition going with 4 lacs discount (http://www.autocarindia.com/News/322...ts-galore.aspx ). I hope you got that discount.
I managed to get 6.5 lacs discount on the X1 CE in october.
bhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2012, 21:45   #33
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 52
Thanked: 8 Times
Default

I got 9.5 on x1 20d exclusive.

They were clearing last lot of vehicles from stock, as they get ready for new model.
barua is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2013, 17:57   #34
BHPian
 
white_vdi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: new delhi
Posts: 842
Thanked: 17 Times
Default Re: BMW 320d (F30) vs Audi A4

guys i am in a similar fix. i am looking for a car in the 35-40L bracket (i am driving an automatic city right now).

it will basically be a weekend car and only i will be driving it. running would be around 1000-1500 kms a month. would rarely have more than 2-3 people sitting in the car.
i started off with the either the 320D Sport Line or Luxury Line. now i have been talking with dad about the car costing around 40L and he isnt really reacting. so i am assuming i can stretch it a little.

this is where it gets confusing.
1. should i be eyeing the 328i if i can spend that kind of amount? its a killer of a machine and is feature rich as well.

2. if i talk about features, i can look at the luxury plus as well.

3. i gave the a4 3.0 quattro a thought. now audi delhi west say i can order one with a 3-month wait but aren't really giving me an approx figure for the same. and audi gurgaon say they cant even order a 3.0 a4.

please help me get out of this soup!
white_vdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2013, 20:54   #35
Senior - BHPian
 
PlatzdaTurbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,304
Thanked: 314 Times
Default Re: BMW 320d (F30) vs Audi A4

Quote:
Originally Posted by white_vdi View Post

3. i gave the a4 3.0 quattro a thought. now audi delhi west say i can order one with a 3-month wait but aren't really giving me an approx figure for the same. and audi gurgaon say they cant even order a 3.0 a4.

please help me get out of this soup!

I would believe them on whatever they said about a4 3.0 tdi.
Audi themselves have NOT made their position clear on this particular variant of the A4. It obviously does not sell as most (99%) in this class would be happy with the 2.0 T/ Tdi or just would not come to terms with spending A6 / 5 series money on an A4 so Audi not having it in stock ever is justified.
BUT, what theyv constantly been doing is projecting it as if its offered alongside all other variants of the A4 but its either a long (seriously long) wait or most dealers just cant get their hands on one.
I got very lucky with mine and there are literally a handful (read single digit) of these across India so whether you want to risk the wait is entirely your call. If you manage to get one though it will be one heck of a rollercoaster ride you will never EVER forget. (5.9 to 100 in a diesel A4... )
good luck
PlatzdaTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2013, 21:00   #36
BHPian
 
Bluebeem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Ludhiana
Posts: 360
Thanked: 213 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by white_vdi View Post
guys i am in a similar fix. i am looking for a car in the 35-40L bracket (i am driving an automatic city right now).

it will basically be a weekend car and only i will be driving it. running would be around 1000-1500 kms a month. would rarely have more than 2-3 people sitting in the car.
i started off with the either the 320D Sport Line or Luxury Line. now i have been talking with dad about the car costing around 40L and he isnt really reacting. so i am assuming i can stretch it a little.

this is where it gets confusing.
1. should i be eyeing the 328i if i can spend that kind of amount? its a killer of a machine and is feature rich as well.

2. if i talk about features, i can look at the luxury plus as well.

3. i gave the a4 3.0 quattro a thought. now audi delhi west say i can order one with a 3-month wait but aren't really giving me an approx figure for the same. and audi gurgaon say they cant even order a 3.0 a4.

please help me get out of this soup!
Why not go for a 520d? Or A6? Both are available in delhi at under 40L ex showroom after the massive discounts being offered (on 2012 manufactured cars)

Luxury plus 320d has been discontinued. Not worth the 5 lac premium even if you get one since sunroof and hifi music system have been now included in the luxury line. You're basically paying 5 lacs for sat nav and heads up display.
Bluebeem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2013, 21:05   #37
BHPian
 
white_vdi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: new delhi
Posts: 842
Thanked: 17 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatzdaTurbo View Post

I would believe them on whatever they said about a4 3.0 tdi.
Audi themselves have NOT made their position clear on this particular variant of the A4. It obviously does not sell as most (99%) in this class would be happy with the 2.0 T/ Tdi or just would not come to terms with spending A6 / 5 series money on an A4 so Audi not having it in stock ever is justified.
BUT, what theyv constantly been doing is projecting it as if its offered alongside all other variants of the A4 but its either a long (seriously long) wait or most dealers just cant get their hands on one.
I got very lucky with mine and there are literally a handful (read single digit) of these across India so whether you want to risk the wait is entirely your call. If you manage to get one though it will be one heck of a rollercoaster ride you will never EVER forget. (5.9 to 100 in a diesel A4... )
good luck
I completely agree with you there. 3-4 months is what they say i will have to wait for a 3.0 Quattro. Then again there is no guarantee i will get it in the promised time. Anyways I await a final word from Audi Delhi West.
The Audi Gurgaon guy said they've got only 8-10 queries regarding the 3.0 in the 3 years he has been with Audi and never seen one in flesh himself.

And it is only this 6 sec dash to the ton that's making consider the 328i.

Last edited by white_vdi : 12th May 2013 at 21:08.
white_vdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2013, 11:23   #38
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Gurgapn
Posts: 33
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by white_vdi View Post
guys i am in a similar fix. i am looking for a car in the 35-40L bracket (i am driving an automatic city right now).

it will basically be a weekend car and only i will be driving it. running would be around 1000-1500 kms a month. would rarely have more than 2-3 people sitting in the car.
i started off with the either the 320D Sport Line or Luxury Line. now i have been talking with dad about the car costing around 40L and he isnt really reacting. so i am assuming i can stretch it a little.

this is where it gets confusing.
1. should i be eyeing the 328i if i can spend that kind of amount? its a killer of a machine and is feature rich as well.

2. if i talk about features, i can look at the luxury plus as well.

3. i gave the a4 3.0 quattro a thought. now audi delhi west say i can order one with a 3-month wait but aren't really giving me an approx figure for the same. and audi gurgaon say they cant even order a 3.0 a4.

please help me get out of this soup!
I advise you to get a BMW 5 series or the Audi A6 corporate edition. These cars are being sold at anywhere between 38-40 lac rupees. If your car is going to be a weekend car then why not get a big luxurious car since you won't be takin it anywhere and everywhere. Try speaking to BMW and Audi and take a test drive of these cars. You'll fall in love with them.
FYI the new Mercedes Benz E class is coming out this Diwali. No don't wait, but go and have a look at the discounts you'll get on the E class as of now. My friend walked into a Mercedes showroom for the E220 CDI and got a quote of Rs 5 lac off immediately. Let's see how soon that turns into 7-8 lacs.
All the best and congrats in advance
Chirag911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2013, 16:21   #39
BHPian
 
white_vdi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: new delhi
Posts: 842
Thanked: 17 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chirag911 View Post

I advise you to get a BMW 5 series or the Audi A6 corporate edition. These cars are being sold at anywhere between 38-40 lac rupees. If your car is going to be a weekend car then why not get a big luxurious car since you won't be takin it anywhere and everywhere. Try speaking to BMW and Audi and take a test drive of these cars. You'll fall in love with them.
FYI the new Mercedes Benz E class is coming out this Diwali. No don't wait, but go and have a look at the discounts you'll get on the E class as of now. My friend walked into a Mercedes showroom for the E220 CDI and got a quote of Rs 5 lac off immediately. Let's see how soon that turns into 7-8 lacs.
All the best and congrats in advance
Chirag I want to grow gradually and not jump into a 5/E/A6 from a honda city straight away. Want to take it step by step even if it is a weekend ride. And I have another problem which may sound stupid but I take only the best available variant in a car so settling for a corporate edition is out of question.
white_vdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2013, 17:14   #40
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Gurgapn
Posts: 33
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by white_vdi View Post

Chirag I want to grow gradually and not jump into a 5/E/A6 from a honda city straight away. Want to take it step by step even if it is a weekend ride. And I have another problem which may sound stupid but I take only the best available variant in a car so settling for a corporate edition is out of question.
That is absolutely acceptable. You've got your reasons sir. Well in that case take a look at the top end variant of the C class. I think it comes with the panoramic sunroof and a load of features to keep you busy month after your purchase even. My uncle bought one and it's a stunner. You might complain about the rear seats but then again, it's only going to accommodate 2-3 people so no worries there.
Chirag911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2013, 22:10   #41
BHPian
 
Bluebeem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Ludhiana
Posts: 360
Thanked: 213 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by white_vdi View Post

Chirag I want to grow gradually and not jump into a 5/E/A6 from a honda city straight away. Want to take it step by step even if it is a weekend ride. And I have another problem which may sound stupid but I take only the best available variant in a car so settling for a corporate edition is out of question.
Id say go for F30 . Nails it on all aspects. Comfort, power. And your car is going to be self driven. Plus won't be replaced for another 5-6 years.
C class and A4 will be replaced in the next 12-14 months.

Nothing better than the F30.
Bluebeem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2013, 22:22   #42
BHPian
 
Hayek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bombay
Posts: 709
Thanked: 1,635 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by white_vdi View Post
guys i am in a similar fix. i am looking for a car in the 35-40L bracket. it will basically be a weekend car and only i will be driving it. running would be around 1000-1500 kms a month. would rarely have more than 2-3 people sitting in the car.
i started off with the either the 320D Sport Line or Luxury Line. now i have been talking with dad about the car costing around 40L and he isnt really reacting. so i am assuming i can stretch it a little.
1. should i be eyeing the 328i if i can spend that kind of amount? its a killer of a machine and is feature rich as well.
!
I think the 328i is a no brainer if you can afford it. Yes fuel costs will be more than a 320 D (Rs. 10-15 k vs Rs. 6-8 k) but that is not much when you are buying a Rs. 40 l pleasure car (your interest + depreciation is Rs. 80 k per month - so the fuel bill is a round off). The 328i has more features than the 320D luxury plus did (IIRC, only the 328i has a heads up display), and drives far, far, far better (frankly, I found the 320 D to be decidedly mediocre for the hype around it, and even the C 250 CDI is much better). As for suggestions around the 520D, that makes a great taxi or back seat ride for your dad, but is certainly not a car for a kid (I hope I am not being presumptuous) with an indulgent dad.

Go for the 328i, but drive safe - keep your racing instincts for track days at Buddh.
Hayek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2013, 12:45   #43
Senior - BHPian
 
PlatzdaTurbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,304
Thanked: 314 Times
Default Re: BMW 320d (F30) vs Audi A4

Quote:
Originally Posted by white_vdi View Post
I completely agree with you there. 3-4 months is what they say i will have to wait for a 3.0 Quattro. Then again there is no guarantee i will get it in the promised time. Anyways I await a final word from Audi Delhi West.
The Audi Gurgaon guy said they've got only 8-10 queries regarding the 3.0 in the 3 years he has been with Audi and never seen one in flesh himself.

And it is only this 6 sec dash to the ton that's making consider the 328i.
The 328i remains the obvious choice for ~6 second dashes to the ton and some genuine pace. Id just ask you to give the A4 3 one last shot. Yes chances are slim but if they manage to pull one out of the hat guess who the winner is ?
Its really impeccable what the 28i does with a 2L 4 cyl engine...so much performance. But the A4 3 will stick to it to 100 and pulverize it with torque post it and all that with cheaper running costs which is probably the only reason you should give it a last shot. You will forever revel in the push back in your seat feeling all that locomotive torque gives you
Cheerio
PlatzdaTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2013, 15:57   #44
BHPian
 
white_vdi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: new delhi
Posts: 842
Thanked: 17 Times
Default Re: BMW 320d (F30) vs Audi A4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebeem View Post
Id say go for F30 . Nails it on all aspects. Comfort, power. And your car is going to be self driven. Plus won't be replaced for another 5-6 years.
C class and A4 will be replaced in the next 12-14 months.

Nothing better than the F30.
Thanks bluebeem. it was after seeing your 3 with saddle brown interiors i wanted to go for the luxury plus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayek View Post
I think the 328i is a no brainer if you can afford it. Yes fuel costs will be more than a 320 D (Rs. 10-15 k vs Rs. 6-8 k) but that is not much when you are buying a Rs. 40 l pleasure car (your interest + depreciation is Rs. 80 k per month - so the fuel bill is a round off). The 328i has more features than the 320D luxury plus did (IIRC, only the 328i has a heads up display), and drives far, far, far better (frankly, I found the 320 D to be decidedly mediocre for the hype around it, and even the C 250 CDI is much better). As for suggestions around the 520D, that makes a great taxi or back seat ride for your dad, but is certainly not a car for a kid (I hope I am not being presumptuous) with an indulgent dad.

Go for the 328i, but drive safe - keep your racing instincts for track days at Buddh.
328 makes me grin and for obvious reasons. hehe
and as you rightly said fuel costs aren't a concern when considering such cars , hence the petrol 3 is leading the list in my books.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatzdaTurbo View Post
The 328i remains the obvious choice for ~6 second dashes to the ton and some genuine pace. Id just ask you to give the A4 3 one last shot. Yes chances are slim but if they manage to pull one out of the hat guess who the winner is ?
Its really impeccable what the 28i does with a 2L 4 cyl engine...so much performance. But the A4 3 will stick to it to 100 and pulverize it with torque post it and all that with cheaper running costs which is probably the only reason you should give it a last shot. You will forever revel in the push back in your seat feeling all that locomotive torque gives you
Cheerio
bro audi aint interested in selling the 3.0 i believe. no response from one dealer and the other saying audi finalizes their production plans 3 months in advance so he cannot commit anything.
you've got a fully loaded beast and m sure you are enjoying it to the core every time you floor her.
white_vdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2013, 16:46   #45
BHPian
 
Bluebeem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Ludhiana
Posts: 360
Thanked: 213 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by white_vdi View Post

Thanks bluebeem. it was after seeing your 3 with saddle brown interiors i wanted to go for the luxury plus.
328i is the no brainier. I wish I'd had the budget for it. It's a good 10L more than luxury line.

Luxury plus has been discontinued. Even if a dealer has a 2012 model available, don't go for it. You'll be paying 4-5 L more than luxury line just for satellite navigation and 13gb Hardisk. Your smartphone is good enough for that.
Bluebeem is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
BMW F30 320D powered by ///M - The Ultimat3 Driving Machine AdiSinghV12 Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 25 21st April 2016 07:27
BMW 325i,320d or 523i??? EDIT Bought 320D Highline morphin1 Luxury, Imports & Niche 67 13th April 2015 13:57


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 14:18.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks