Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche

Old 28th November 2012, 17:30   #46
Senior - BHPian

Q7 is pretty much at the end of its product cycle. The All new 2nd Gen q7 will be "all new" in all aspects.
You dont want to be stuck with an older model that is soon to be discontinued, especially such an expensive one.

ML would still be my suggestion. The Q7 can be quite cumbersome to drive in the city. It is MASSIVE.

Just my 2 cents
agambhandari is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2012, 21:18   #47
Team-BHP Support

Default Re: Mercedes ML350 or Audi Q5 V6

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbp View Post
We have also evaluated the Audi Q7, the dealer is ready to offer it at 77 lakhs, where as the offer for ML350 is for 73 lakhs.
Well this is an odd suggestion, but since you didn't mention bad roads in your first post I'm suggesting this. There are huge discounts available on the 7 series, which bring it very close to what you are paying for the Q7. Its supremely comfortable and the 3.0 diesel is decently quick. The others won't come close to this for highway mile munching and comfort. All that will be needed is a spare tyre.
Akshay1234 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2012, 10:11   #48
BHPian

Quote:
7 seater is just an added bonus, that is not a priority for us.

The X3 styling is the biggest downer, as for Volvo they dont have a dealership in Bangalore.
Hmm Perhaps some one here knows if Volvo have a service center in Bangalore? The reason I ask is I've seen several running around. In any case, steer clear of the Q5/Q7 for now, the new ones should be in first/second quarter of next year.
imp! is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2012, 12:52   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by imp! View Post
Hmm Perhaps some one here knows if Volvo have a service center in Bangalore? The reason I ask is I've seen several running around. In any case, steer clear of the Q5/Q7 for now, the new ones should be in first/second quarter of next year.
The XC60 D3 is indeed a good option.
But Volvo website does not have Bangalore in the dealer-list:
http://www.volvocars.com/in/footer/p...ardealers.aspx
vb-san is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2012, 13:12   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
The XC60 D3 is indeed a good option.
But Volvo website does not have Bangalore in the dealer-list:
http://www.volvocars.com/in/footer/p...ardealers.aspx
True, but there are Volvos running around. Where are they being serviced? If there is an accessible service center, then the lack of a dealership is not really a hindrance as the car can be sourced from Chennai or Bombay. It might even be possible to arrange a test drive in Bangalore itself. I feel its an option worth investigating.
Old 29th November 2012, 22:54   #51
rbp
BHPian

@all :- Thanks for chipping in with your valuable feedback, we have decided to go for the ML 350. The decision got easier after the test drive we had in the Q7, the interiors of the Q7 feel almost a generation old compared to the ML 350, the only plus points for the Audi I would say is the road presence and space [slightly bigger vehicle]. Apart from this, the ML feels superior to the Q7 in every way.

My brother's heart was still beating for the imposing Q7, I finally asked him what his biggest grouse of his present vehicle [Fortuner] was, he said interiors and I said there lies your answer, you are spending 75 lakhs and will spend major part of your time not looking at the car but sitting inside and he too agreed that the ML's interiors were far far better and also the ML has almost petrol like refinement. That one line convinced him to go for the ML.

Finally a word about the sales guys, the sales guy who had brought the TD Q7 did not know much about the car, for every question we asked he was blank and never answered back confidently, where as the Mercedes sales guy "Santosh" was awesome, true automobile enthusiast and kept in touch with us, the Audi guys never bothered to get back to us for almost 3 days.

We will be booking the car tomorrow. A big thanks to all the T-Bhpians who helped us in making this decision. We are going for the white color, as minor scratches dont show up.
rbp is online now   (6) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2012, 23:44   #52
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
@all :- Thanks for chipping in with your valuable feedback, we have decided to go for the ML 350. The decision got easier after the test drive we had in the Q7, the interiors of the Q7 feel almost a generation old compared to the ML 350, the only plus points for the Audi I would say is the road presence and space [slightly bigger vehicle]. Apart from this, the ML feels superior to the Q7 in every way.

My brother's heart was still beating for the imposing Q7, I finally asked him what his biggest grouse of his present vehicle [Fortuner] was, he said interiors and I said there lies your answer, you are spending 75 lakhs and will spend major part of your time not looking at the car but sitting inside and he too agreed that the ML's interiors were far far better and also the ML has almost petrol like refinement. That one line convinced him to go for the ML.

Finally a word about the sales guys, the sales guy who had brought the TD Q7 did not know much about the car, for every question we asked he was blank and never answered back confidently, where as the Mercedes sales guy "Santosh" was awesome, true automobile enthusiast and kept in touch with us, the Audi guys never bothered to get back to us for almost 3 days.

We will be booking the car tomorrow. A big thanks to all the T-Bhpians who helped us in making this decision. We are going for the white color, as minor scratches dont show up.
Great decision

And it was a perfect trump card you played with the argument regarding the " interiors "

Keep us posted !
karan561 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2012, 09:09   #53
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on finally making a decision.
Even for me, the Interiors are always a priority while buying a car because, as you rightly said, you are going to spend most of the time inside the car rather than staring at it.

Wish you all the best for the Merc Experience!
agambhandari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2012, 20:46   #54
rbp
BHPian

Default She has arrived in Bangalore

The beauty has arrived in the stockyard, we did an inspection of the car, we will be taking her home on Friday. A few snaps

Mercedes ML350 or Audi Q5 V6-dsc_9659.jpg

Mercedes ML350 or Audi Q5 V6-dsc_9657.jpg

Mercedes ML350 or Audi Q5 V6-dsc_9655.jpg
rbp is online now   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2012, 11:29   #55
BHPian

That is a beautiful looking colour. I hope she keeps you happy and safe for as long as she is around!
Old 24th December 2012, 13:14   #56
Distinguished - BHPian

Saw one in Black yesterday with Temp registration. Looked beautifiul.

Of course the white is amazingly beautiful too!
nkrishnap is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2012, 13:25   #57
rbp
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
Saw one in Black yesterday with Temp registration. Looked beautifiul.

Of course the white is amazingly beautiful too!
Even we too liked the black, but maintaining a black is a nightmare, we had a black ford ikon years ago and we know how tough it is to maintain.
rbp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2012, 13:26   #58
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Even we too liked the black, but maintaining a black is a nightmare, we had a black ford ikon years ago and we know how tough it is to maintain.
Will your white beauty get the 3M care like your i20 did?
nkrishnap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2012, 16:17   #59
BHPian

White, Black, Silver.

Are there any other colours? besides with white, this car will still look stunning 10 years down the road. One never gets tired of a white car.
imp! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2012, 16:32   #60
rbp
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
Will your white beauty get the 3M care like your i20 did?
I have informed my bro, let us see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by imp! View Post
White, Black, Silver.

Are there any other colours? besides with white, this car will still look stunning 10 years down the road. One never gets tired of a white car.
Nope. Only those three.
rbp is online now   Reply With Quote