Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche

View Poll Results: Which car around 25-27L should I choose?
Audi A4 TFSI 19 33.33%
Skoda Superb DSG Diesel 21 36.84%
Mercedes C Class Elegance Petrol 10 17.54%
Toyota Camry 7 12.28%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 17th December 2012, 16:12   #61
BHPian

Default Re: Entry to the holy Trinity (or whatever 25L gives)

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
He hasn't mentioned which Passat, if its the old one then looking at the new one may make sense. The V6 Superb is discontinued. 328s will only be delivered once the kits come in Jan and are assembled here.

My friend when the usage of the car is 85% in the back seat, driving experience should not really be a criteria. And the F30 is certainly not par excellence, it is pretty good though. But just for that I don't see the point in compromising on the back seat that much for the 15% of the time spent self driven. That too for a basic car without something like xenon lights. The Superb and Passat back seats are good, while the 3 and C and A4 are acceptable but certainly not comfortable.

Also the 1 series will be here next year.
Superb is good to be chauffeured in. Passat is merely decent, not good but not bad either. Why would you want to replace a Passat with a Passat? The kit that comes with the Petrol Superb is exactly the same as the one in the Diesel superb at a 6 lac + discount. Since it is only self driven 15% of the time, it makes absolutely zero sense for the OP to buy the diesel at such a premium for the auto-box alone. I think we can all agree that the Petrol automatic may have issues associated with it but with 4 year warranty this should not necessarily stop the OP from buying it especially since it is significantly cheaper.

The A4 and C class offer absolutely nothing but snob value when compared to the Superb. We all have different perspectives, but I would happily sacrifice kit and comfort to buy the 3 series over a Superb diesel.

So this is all relative, but the F30 is as good as it gets in India for less than 50 lacs (unless the Evo is in that bracket); the 120d and 120i are rather unappealing (not to mention the 114i,116i, 116d or 118d which could very easily make it here instead) to me when I have driven and almost owned a 135i as well as a 128i. I would rather spend 10 lacs on my Laura TSI to improve handling and then power.
Old 17th December 2012, 17:09   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by imp! View Post
I think we can all agree that the Petrol automatic may have issues associated with it but with 4 year warranty this should not necessarily stop the OP from buying it especially since it is significantly cheaper.
If it is a question of being significantly cheaper, then the 1.8 TSi MT in Superb makes much more sense. At least, the ghost of failing DSG's wont be at the back of his mind. Skoda Shield or not
Old 17th December 2012, 17:25   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar

If it is a question of being significantly cheaper, then the 1.8 TSi MT in Superb makes much more sense. At least, the ghost of failing DSG's wont be at the back of his mind. Skoda Shield or not
Yes I agree, a few of us have suggested it but it appears as though the OP wants an automatic.
Old 17th December 2012, 23:15   #64
BHPian

Man this thread has taken quite a turn since I last posted. OP I am a bit confused, you want to get something from the Holy trinity by the Trinity, you mean Mercedes, BMW and Audi Right?. for around 25 lakh, is this correct?

Because if it is why are we discussing the Passat's and the Superbs sure if you want to be practical then these are the right choices but if you want the brand these don't enjoy the on Par status of the big 3,
Well in that case and keeping your budget in mind and I don't know if 25 is otr or ex showroom. In either case without massive discounts your only options are the B and the X1.

Maybe the A4 1.8 or the old style 3 series or an elegance trim C depending on the discount and the left over inventory is possible.
Old 19th December 2012, 09:38   #65
BHPian

One look at the poll and you know its no longer the Skoda ruling the roost, like it started out to be. My sincerest thanks to all who have contributed to this thread, hope it has helped other unassuming members as well.

Well, the decision to get the replacement has been shelved until April, so I can now rest in peace and not pull out my hair looking at specs, torque charts, ex showrooms et al. While the lip smacking year end discounts will not be revelling around but here's to wishing and hoping the effervescent Indian Auto industry will spring a model or two to get the brain cells working overtime again.

Cheers! And happy motoring...! (Keep them mutually exclusive events pls)
Old 19th December 2012, 13:01   #66
Team-BHP Support

Mod note: Thread Closed!
Closed Thread