Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche

Old 8th May 2014, 13:23   #46
BHPian

Default Re: Mercedes B-Class or BMW 1-Series as a daily driver?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdiSinghV12 View Post
Just a quick update guys... I have finalised on the Mercedes B180 Sports MY14! Bigger rims, ventilated rotors, better tires, night package front grille and panoramic sunroof is the reason for choosing petrol over the diesel. Will be booking it in a day or two from Mumbai. Thank you all for the advice and suggestions.
Awesome! Congratulations!
The only thing I envy is that monster sun roof.

We need an ownership review soon. You better start using the Assembly Line Section already.
veedub89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2014, 13:33   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by veedub89 View Post
Awesome! Congratulations!
The only thing I envy is that monster sun roof.

We need an ownership review soon. You better start using the Assembly Line Section already.
Haha I just entered the assembly line section with my F30 review Let me complete and then I'll get to this baby Merc! And I do understand, I had already started envying the sunroof when I was on the verge of finalising the B180 Diesel but then listened to the heart at the right moment
AdiSinghV12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2014, 00:28   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdiSinghV12 View Post
Just a quick update guys... I have finalised on the Mercedes B180 Sports MY14! Bigger rims, ventilated rotors, better tires, night package front grille and panoramic sunroof is the reason for choosing petrol over the diesel. Will be booking it in a day or two from Mumbai. Thank you all for the advice and suggestions.
Congrats on your decision, mate! Even i'm in the same boat. Looking at a MY14 B for my parents. Easy ingress-egress was the defining characteristic, plus my 4 year old Vento was doing absolutely brilliantly but now i fear for it coz of the local dealer losing his mind.

But just curious, what exactly is the Night package you mentioned?
venom_op is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2015, 13:24   #49
BHPian

Default B Class or something else?

So we are looking to buy the new B Class facelift. We currently own an Endeavour and a Vento. We are looking to replace the Endy with a car which will feel like an upgrade and at the same time is sort of taller so that ingress and egress are easier for my parents.

Does the B feel like a worthy upgrade? We don't want to jump too high and get something like a 5 series or X3 directly and want to take it slow.

We loved the space and feel of it. We also saw the Q3 but the price is playing spoilsport.

I just want to know if the new engine makes a significant difference compared to the old car.

Also, does it make sense to get the B Class in the Star Agility program?

Any inputs would be appreciated, thanks!
venom_op is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2015, 16:19   #50
BHPian

Default Re: B Class or something else?

I feel that the B class may not seem to be an upgrade from the Endy, because its a hatch, while the Endy is a full blown body on frame SUV. The B does not rank higher than the Ford on ingress and egress, space and comfort and so on. Hence I'm slightly confused about the choice.

If you are keen on a car with badge value, as well as space and comfort, you may want to look at the X1, which is currently available with discounts, so it may fit your budget.

If you are like me, and do not give great importance to the badge, rather concentrate on the true qualities of the car, you will then be open to several other wonderful options. I would highly recommend the Santa Fe, Koleos and Yeti. The renault and skoda are terribly under rated cars, and one seldom considers getting one of these capable machines home, but once you see their wide repertoire of talents, you will be tempted. The Santa Fe on the other hand, sells in respectable numbers and will definitely feel a step up from the Endy in every which way.

Are you considering diesel or petrol? The B class facelift now has a more powerful diesel heart while the 121 bhp petrol powerplant continues. The diesel has definitely gotten better, no doubt.

Good luck choosing and keep us updated on your decision!

Last edited by Turbo_asd : 29th March 2015 at 16:22.
Turbo_asd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2015, 17:36   #51
BHPian

Try looking at something other than the Bclass. Its spacious enough but not at spacious as the Endeavour.

Q3 is a good vehicle.

Or try Santa Fe.

X1 does not feel like the BMW they advertised it to be.
car_crazy1400 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2015, 09:20   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by venom_op View Post
So we are looking to buy the new B Class facelift. We currently own an Endeavour and a Vento. We are looking to replace the Endy with a car which will feel like an upgrade and at the same time is sort of taller so that ingress and egress are easier for my parents.

Does the B feel like a worthy upgrade? We don't want to jump too high and get something like a 5 series or X3 directly and want to take it slow.

We loved the space and feel of it. We also saw the Q3 but the price is playing spoilsport.

I just want to know if the new engine makes a significant difference compared to the old car.

Also, does it make sense to get the B Class in the Star Agility program?

Any inputs would be appreciated, thanks!

What did you decide? If not, see if this helps:
I own a B180 and here are my views:
1. Getting in and out of the car is very comfortable in B180. Better than any other car, including Q3. I find B more efficient in space compared to Q3. Only area where Q3 is better, is power.

2. I upgraded to B from an automatic Altis. It definitely feels like an upgrade to me, especially in the driving department. The control and smooth acceleration offered by B is very good. Interiors also give a classy feel.

3. If you like Q3 but price was an issue, you may want to negotiate. heavy discounts are being offered on Q3 with the new facelift model being introduced.

Good luck.
aseemsood is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2015, 15:54   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseemsood View Post
What did you decide? If not, see if this helps:
I own a B180 and here are my views:
1. Getting in and out of the car is very comfortable in B180. Better than any other car, including Q3. I find B more efficient in space compared to Q3. Only area where Q3 is better, is power.

2. I upgraded to B from an automatic Altis. It definitely feels like an upgrade to me, especially in the driving department. The control and smooth acceleration offered by B is very good. Interiors also give a classy feel.

3. If you like Q3 but price was an issue, you may want to negotiate. heavy discounts are being offered on Q3 with the new facelift model being introduced.

Good luck.
Hey Aseem,

Sorry i never saw this post! I got stuck with work. Thanks for the information. I will consider this soon, maybe.

So here's an update. I ended up getting the X3!! So worth the upgrade, and also got a heavy heavy discount on the car!
venom_op is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2015, 17:17   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by venom_op View Post
Hey Aseem,

Sorry i never saw this post! I got stuck with work. Thanks for the information. I will consider this soon, maybe.

So here's an update. I ended up getting the X3!! So worth the upgrade, and also got a heavy heavy discount on the car!
Congratulations! Enjoy your drives!
aseemsood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2015, 01:23   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseemsood View Post
Congratulations! Enjoy your drives!
So Aseem,

How's your experience been with the B? Now that you've had it for a few months?
Old 28th December 2015, 00:48   #56
BHPian

Please let us know what the best deal on the x3 is and for which version. Are you happy with the rear seat height?

So here's an update. I ended up getting the X3!! So worth the upgrade, and also got a heavy heavy discount on the car![/quote]
gautam99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2016, 01:00   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gautam99 View Post
Please let us know what the best deal on the x3 is and for which version. Are you happy with the rear seat height?

[/quote]

Sir, do Dm Me. I can probably help you out. I got my deal for the xLine 20d. Rear seat height is fine for my family. My dad needed a lower-than-SUV-but-higher-than-sedan height, which this is perfect at.

I really don't have much experience with the back seat. I always end up in the driver's seat! :lol
Old 2nd January 2016, 10:12   #58
BHPian

I would suggest the 1 series. The boot is bigger as compared to the A class, and if its the fun you are looking for then there is no better fun than driving a rear wheel drive hatchback, like the 1 series here. B class will be more practical, spacious and all. 1 series is a bit from all that and a bit more fun too.
allien936 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2016, 20:35   #59
BHPian

Default New Creta AT or Used B-Class

Hey guys,

I intend getting an automatic diesel family car mainly for city commute, and had decided on the Creta AT, subject to the test drive meeting expectations.

While I was (still am) waiting for the Hyundai dealer to arrange for a test drive, I happened to notice an used Merc B Class - 2013, Diesel 110 BHP 7 G DCT, 20k km, Looks clean! Considering the popularity of the B Class, I believe I can negotiate hard and get good VFM.

Assuming the waiting period for the Creta AT is not an issue, which would be a better buy?

The Merc will be high on maintenance, warranty would expire soon, 110 bhp 2.2ltr engine is not very spirited, looks boring and possibly will have very few takers when I decide to sell it. Positives that I can think of are built quality, great interiors, leather seats, safety features, efficient engine with proven 7 speed gearbox, brand value.

I would appreciate inputs from you guys which I hope would enable me to take an informed decision!
bharath14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2016, 22:34   #60
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: New Creta AT or Used B-Class

Both the used B-Class and new Creta might cost the same on-road - on paper.
What is not immediately obvious will be the cost of financing and cost of maintenance.
Unless you have the cash to pay up front, the B-Class will be significantly more expensive to finance when compared to a new Creta.
Please think carefully about maintenance costs as well. The Creta, in the first 3-5 years of ownership, might set you back around 20K per annum max. With a 3 year old B-Class, this number could be much much more. The Merc B-Class is a premium car with premium priced spare parts and service.

Thinking from the head - buy the Creta and give the B-Class a miss.
KiloAlpha is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote