Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche

Old 18th February 2016, 22:46   #61
BHPian

Default Re: New Creta AT or Used B-Class

Depends on what you want. If you are looking at playing it safe and want peace of mind the Creta is the obvious choice. I took a test drive last week of the diesel auto and its a fantastic car. The steering lacks any feel but the engine is great and it will be reliable. I am not saying that the Merc will not be reliable.
But Merc spares and the cost of them are one aspect that will drill a hole in your pocket not to mention the cost of servicing.
If I were you I would buy the Creta.
bigben is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2016, 06:48   #62
BHPian

Creta should be an obvious choice unless you want B class for a specific reason and also note that maintenance of Merc is going to be much much higher compared to Hyundai. If at all you are interested to take a look into used cars section there are plenty of other choices for this budget. But I suggest you stick to Hyundai Creta.
Kratos453 is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2016, 20:49   #63
BHPian

Default Re: Mercedes B-Class or BMW 1-Series as a daily driver?

The views expressed makes a lot of sense.
An hassle free ownership experience is high priority.

Just for info:
The B Class' (2 similar cars) are available at the Merc dealer who assures it will be inspected, serviced, certified and that they could be made accountable if something drastic goes wrong. New tyres too (thanks to the tyre bulge on the rear tyres). These cars have been traded in by customers who have upgraded to another Merc.
But I understand its still a risky proposition.

Hence I m leaning towards the Creta AT. Two concerns though based on inputs from members: (I might get to do a test drive tomorrow)
1. Low speed drivability of the AT (which I hope could be negotiated maintaining the right rpm once I get used to the car)

2. Steering feel which I consider very important coming from the Punto, Ecosport, 320d, even Amaze for that matter. Our other car at present is the Q3. So two cars with similar steering response may be something I have to live with if I do get the Creta.
bharath14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2016, 21:06   #64
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharath14 View Post
The views expressed makes a lot of sense.
An hassle free ownership experience is high priority.
The new age Mercedes cars are not bad with reliability, and a low-mileage certified pre-owned German is indeed a good option.

The B may not be a head-turner, but inside you get all the luxury of a Mercedes; plus the car is loaded on safety. If I am the buyer, I would choose the B ahead of the Creta AT.
vb-san is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2016, 19:48   #65
BHPian

I have gone ahead and booked a Polar White Creta AT.

Many thanks for all inputs and happy motoring!!
bharath14 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2016, 11:02   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharath14 View Post
Hence I m leaning towards the Creta AT. Two concerns though based on inputs from members: (I might get to do a test drive tomorrow)

1. Low speed drivability of the AT (which I hope could be negotiated maintaining the right rpm once I get used to the car)

2. Steering feel which I consider very important coming from the Punto, Ecosport, 320d, even Amaze for that matter. Our other car at present is the Q3. So two cars with similar steering response may be something I have to live with if I do get the Creta.

1. Since you have already driven plenty of autos, you know that each car responds very different in their gears. My Vento and X3 are smooth and light in the city, where as my old Endy AT is not so able. Sometimes it's in the right gear, sometimes it's not.. But a throttle adjustment can set everything right! 😄

2. Steering feel is something you will sorely miss. I personally found most hyundais completely lifeless and devoid of any feel. When I drove the Verna before I bought my Vento, I literally could not even feel the wheel centering. Which is very weird for me.
venom_op is offline   Reply With Quote